HEAT_ME_BABY #41 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Private

• 1527 battles
  • [AVID]
No it's perfectly legal.

ketoanbiz #42 Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

Private

• 0 battles
I think the issues you raised will be addressed in the next update.
Would like to see that in a future update.

pano_Verschluss #43 Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:42 AM

Private

• 0 battles

game good 

quảng cáo verschluss

Kabama04 #44 Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20310 battles
  • [FOW]
I dont understand why but the 3 times ive been on six kills the 7th was always stolen by a (Snobby) lowe...
My Tanks:

Creighton_Abrams #45 Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24487 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

It happens both ways, you can also accidentally/unwittingly take someone else's kill, but that wont give your the DR improvement, but maybe you needed that 7th kill to top your last highest kill rate. Eitherways, if your team wins, then that should be a consolation - as at least your own Win-Rate will improve.

__CrazyCat__ #46 Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:40 PM

Corporal

• 2023 battles

There is no such thing as kill stealing in my eyes, sure if its the last red in the game and one tank has done all the work and you are confident he will make the kill I will leave him to it. At all other times it is the win that is important and if I see a red tank I shoot it no matter what - one less red is one less red and a better chance of winning the battle. Being too kind all the time and holding your shot to let a tank get a kill can bite you and the team in the [edited] should he bounce his shot, miss or get wiped out by some TD far away - you are down one tank and the red is still in the game.

I have had kills taken away from me and I have probably taken some away from others but the final result is all that matters.

Creighton_Abrams #47 Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24487 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Well... contrary to what I said, there is a form of kill stealing. In one of my games, a player followed me around, waiting for till the tanks I were shooting at were down to their last kill shots, and finished each off. He ended up with the max # of kills in the game, but the least Damage. Sort of annoying, but well...

Now what I don't like, is when some utter twit, slides themselves in between you and the wall you're up against, and blocks you from your shot, then misses and runs off... by which time your target has gone. That, type of player is a ... not great player.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 07 July 2018 - 06:40 AM.

zenfortech #48 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

Private

• 0 battles
I do not look at anyones health

fjvhk #49 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:58 AM

Sergeant

• 30729 battles
  • [ARMD]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 07 July 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

Well... contrary to what I said, there is a form of kill stealing. In one of my games, a player followed me around, waiting for till the tanks I were shooting at were down to their last kill shots, and finished each off. He ended up with the max # of kills in the game, but the least Damage. Sort of annoying, but well... 

Now what I don't like, is when some utter twit, slides themselves in between you and the wall you're up against, and blocks you from your shot, then misses and runs off... by which time your target has gone. That, type of player is a ... not great player.

Yes, somewhat annoying but what can you do. At least they are not likely to follow you in subsequent games so its an occasional annoyance.

Of course if they are clan mates and you are in a countdown battle then its a laughing matter and another score to settle lol.

__Grifter__ #50 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]
Is kill-stealing even a thing? Been playing since 2014 and I can seriously only recall one time when I was accused of stealing a kill and I am a tanker that simply see's enemy tank and shoots it if possible. I could care less if anyone else has done damage or not or if they were about to fire. Job is to get the enemy guns dead as quickly as possible - so I do not have time to look around to make sure nobody else is aiming at it. Besides, the battlefield is crazy enough as it is so I do not have the awareness to notice exactly what tanks have been shooting other tanks.

anonym_raatTVkdSCjH #51 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

When you die and stay to watch sometimes you see tanks holding their shot until someone reduces the opfor to a 1shot and then they fire, that is what I consider kill farming not stealing. I don’t like it because it’s selfish and shows lack of team spirit. I load I shoot simple as that. Sometimes I may get a kill someone else hoped for but I can’t watch what everyone’s kills are so that’s unfortunate for them. 

I do notice if someone has 6 kills and would hold my shot so they get the kill unless I know their reload and health would mean they will die before getting it.

No such thing as kill stealing. I focus on damage and the kills take care of themselves.

__Grifter__ #52 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostYOLO_Munky, on 16 January 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

When you die and stay to watch sometimes you see tanks holding their shot until someone reduces the opfor to a 1shot and then they fire, that is what I consider kill farming not stealing. I don’t like it because it’s selfish and shows lack of team spirit. I load I shoot simple as that. Sometimes I may get a kill someone else hoped for but I can’t watch what everyone’s kills are so that’s unfortunate for them. 

I do notice if someone has 6 kills and would hold my shot so they get the kill unless I know their reload and health would mean they will die before getting it.

No such thing as kill stealing. I focus on damage and the kills take care of themselves.

Yeah there are people like that but that is just pathetic really. Doesnt really bother me though as I am more about damage than kills. Damage is a far more important stat and id rather do 4k damage killing 0 than 50 damage killing 1. Half the time I never even know how many kills I have as I just go about dishing out hurt and then get surprised when I notice I have 5 or 6 kills. Once got the full seven with not even really realizing it until i got to battle results.

BossArdnutz #53 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 16682 battles
  • [DERPU]
Getting rid of a red gun is getting rid of a red gun.  I'll happily put a 400-damage shell into a 4-HP red because it means he won't be shooting any greens afterwards. One exception would be with the game already in the bag,  if I noticed a green on 6 kills,  I'd try to leave the last for them to get a raisin. Hasn't come up in practice yet though.

IDONTCARE_2 #54 Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:29 AM

Corporal

• 23653 battles
  • [SEALZ]
Stealing kill is bad not it is not illegal. Usually if someone can kill an enemy, I'll let him do it. But there are many times when I just want to secure the kill on a particularly dangerous TD or LT and I don't care if it is killsteal or not. I just want him to die. Sometimes if you see an opportunity to get rid of an enemy tank in battle, TAKE IT.

Tanks that are my babes: WT auf Pz4 (OP/ridiculously strong and I love it), E50M, T-54, E50, Obj268, Hellcat, Bromwell, KV2, ISU152, LTTB, T54 LWT, JP2, IS7

Tanks that I hate: KV4, Tanks driven by bots or poor players (especially below tier 5), 

Tanks that I am trying to ACE: KV4, Y5 ELC

__Noobieman #55 Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:59 AM

Sergeant

• 16607 battles
  • [AVSW]

View PostIDONTCARE_2, on 23 March 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Stealing kill is bad not it is not illegal. Usually if someone can kill an enemy, I'll let him do it. But there are many times when I just want to secure the kill on a particularly dangerous TD or LT and I don't care if it is killsteal or not. I just want him to die. Sometimes if you see an opportunity to get rid of an enemy tank in battle, TAKE IT.

No such thing as stealing kills, it doesn't worry me who kills the enemy.

nodelistfaith #56 Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

Private

• 0 battles
TDs are snipers designed to heavily damage the enemy. But also to aid them in killing the enemies from afar 

Update Gun Mayhem 3.0

__GetFunked__ #57 Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

Sergeant

• 6676 battles
  • [GNG]

View Postnodelistfaith, on 18 June 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

TDs are snipers designed to heavily damage the enemy. But also to aid them in killing the enemies from afar 

Thanks for that snippet of information.

Elite911 #58 Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:38 PM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]

Please try to avoid posting in old threads. We had a 0 battle spam account revive this thread, which has been dealt with. I will also be locking this thread as it has run its course. The thread was made back in 2017.

Stealing kills is allowed and in no way illegal, it is just frowned upon by the community, especially if you are waiting for enemies to be at low health to shoot and destroy them, but is in no way violation of our game rules.

Thread locked.

~Elite911.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users