Is Stealing Someone's Kills Illegal?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

MrpreGaming #1 Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

Corporal

• 6493 battles
  • [TAKEN]

Well, tbh when i have my kill stolen, i wouldnt give a crap for it since i would be dealing more dmg than the kill stealers. But one kid has a srs mental problem.

I was in a game with my kitty, Tiger P, when i killed a indien panzer and my ally T-44 was about to die, i saved his tank from dying yet he says im kill stealing. Srsly after the match, he repeatedly call me all those hilarious words such as nub, kill stealer and many more. Funniest thing is that he even dared to say he is better than me when he has only just got 2k battles and only a 43% win rate when i have a 49% win rate with 3k + battles. Whats funnier is that he says he is gonna reeport me for kill stealing xD. Whats better? He has so many provocative communication complaints at a number of 11.

Tbh, kill stealing is pretty natural in almost all games. I had many instances in wotb, my tank doesnt get a single kill yet i can deal 1.5k-2k+ dmg with mastery badge, high caliber and maybe top gun

Would u guys complain if someone steals yr kill? I wouldnt but just wanna ask what u guys think of that nub.

PS: if i could, i would type that nubs name in here to let u guys know about this sore loser, but since its illegal to shaming a persons name here, i wouldnt do it

Edited by MrpreGaming, 27 September 2017 - 11:37 PM.

xXFighter888Xx #2 Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 25967 battles
  • [OXO]
How is it illegal, I mean just like you said, it's completely normal to kill stealing to occur. Those people who rages juts people you "KS" them are just jealous that they can't get the kill and xp

The official "I don't care-er"

MrpreGaming #3 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

Corporal

• 6493 battles
  • [TAKEN]

View PostxXFighter888Xx, on 27 September 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

How is it illegal, I mean just like you said, it's completely normal to kill stealing to occur. Those people who rages juts people you "KS" them are just jealous that they can't get the kill and xp

+1 ^^^ Agreed

XF1_Razer #4 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

Sergeant

• 8841 battles
  • [UN1TY]
Well no. Stealing people's kills is not illegal. When you get to tier 10 especially like how I am. With the tier 10 tanks destroyers, you'll find getting kills is all about stealing them. TDs are snipers designed to heavily damage the enemy. But also to aid them in killing the enemies from afar

Mr_Noob7 #5 Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:24 AM

Sergeant

• 20063 battles
  • [HKL]
It is illegal if that someone leaves his  teammate(s) behind, forcing him/them to defend the Reds alone, rushing to your side only because he spots a dying enemy and wants to get/steal an easy kill. I don't know about you but I have suffered a lot of such mischiefs lately..... (eventually, you bet, my team lost because of such undisciplined and bad-tactical acts).
 Hula, Hula, Hulaaaaa !

The_Gaffer #6 Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:52 AM

Captain

• 53646 battles
  • [SHIRE]

I think there should be no such thing as kill-stealing. One less enemy vehicle in the battle is always a good thing. Who knows what their next shot could do? It could even ammo-rack a full-health friendly vehicle.  

Sure, I have sometimes been disappointed when about to get 5/6/7 kills and a team mate takes it but I don't get angry. Same when you need to destroy a TD or another type for a mission and you have worn them down and are about to when someone else kills it. I have never messaged anyone for "kill-stealing" though. The team should be trying to destroy the enemy, first and foremost. My platoon mates all feel the same way, apparently. We don't worry about it unless it is the end of the game and very safe - then we might hold off on a kill shot to allow the other to get a medal or complete a mission.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

____RON____ #7 Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

Corporal

• 7558 battles
  • [XTRA]

View PostMrpreGaming, on 28 September 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

I had many instances in wotb, my tank doesnt get a single kill yet i can deal 1.5k-2k+ dmg with mastery badge, high caliber and maybe top gun

Top gun with 0 kill...:hiding:

"A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults."

_RB_33_ #8 Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19883 battles
  • [101AS]

Well... I do agree thag KS is part of every shooting game but... On the one hand, there is such a thing called "unintentional" wherein you and your teammates fire on single target. Now whoever makes the killing shot, gets the kill, obviously. Technically, it's a "kill-steal" but under that circumstance, everybody's happy especially if the target happens to be a high priority one...

The blurry middle ground is when one spots a teammate in a duel wherein said teammate is in low health with his/her opponent in a similar state. For me, I usually help. I'd rather get accused of kill-stealing than to lose an additional gun that could help the team win.

And lastly, there are the blatant kill-stealers wherein it's very obvious that you have the advantage, you have worked to dominate over your prey and then somebody just decides to take the kill. It's very irritating but everyone wants to be the ace or top gun so that would be expected. The sad part of it is what another forumer mentioned here wherein some players would rather hide, wait for a low health opponent and then just jump in. Forgivable tactics for tanks like the Covenanter and such but when a KV-1 does it, well... Makes one wonder what thag player has for a brain...

Personally, I've come to accept kill-stealing as part of the game, but when the last example/situation happens, can you guys blame a fellow if they get irritated by it?

Edited by _RB_33_, 28 September 2017 - 06:13 AM.

Arwen_Evenstar #9 Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

Corporal

• 3195 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Post____RON____, on 28 September 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Top gun with 0 kill...:hiding:

Haha! Nice catch! :D

"The Shadow does not hold sway yet."

Diamond114 #10 Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Captain

• 15581 battles
  • [408]

There's no such thing as kill "stealing", it's kill "securing". And it's not for your own sake, but that of your team.

Also, if you want the kills, XP, credits, bla bla bla, it is a thing you EARN, not GIVEN.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

LoneReaper #11 Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23336 battles
  • [MECH]
It is more a sportsmanship thing. End game I have held my shot on purpose to allow an ally to get his 4/5/6/7 kill but alot of of players out there just are not (including myself at times) aware enough to realize the scope of the situation (remember your teammate may be an 8 year old) That said in the heat of battle when everything is on the line every kill is valued and fair game because that kill could be the difference between a win or a loss.

Nova_Spirit #12 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7216 battles
  • [SEAL]
I used to complain kill stealing when I had a mission of killing a type of tank

CALVINJJ #13 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

Captain

• 13904 battles

It's definitely illegal!!!

This game shouldn't allowed any kill steal to be exist.

The true way of playing this game is like this : 

Green 1 vs Red 1

Green 2 vs Red 2

Green 3 vs Red 3

Green 4 vs Red 4

Green 5 vs Red 5

Green 6 vs Red 6

Green 7 vs Red 7

After the result is finalize, the team with more players head to cap base.

The team with lesser players should try to suicide by sinking themselves or do nothing.

End

Spoiler

Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

LoneReaper #14 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23336 battles
  • [MECH]
Yes it is illegal just look closely at the post game stats and if you notice a fine for "kill stealing" you have been SERVED!!! :D

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #15 Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

Captain

• 16250 battles
  • [ACT-1]
Not illegal but limits your play. More damage means more xp and credits. Also, higher wr. Dont ks

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing

Join WoTB SG Discord Server!: https://discord.gg/4ZpqCDZ

geronimonimo #16 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28363 battles
  • [0_0]
The only kind of kill stealing that grinds my gears is when a player holds his fire to get the finishing shot. Fair enough if the guy clears a corner guns blazing but that former way of getting a kill is absolutely the worst!

bigben21 #17 Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19362 battles
  • [ARMYE]

Occasionally during some games we will encounter players holding fire, while the team continue to pump shelves into the enemy tank. These players will only fire when enemy has very low hit points to claim the kill. Such acts though not illegal but are disgusting. These players are just selfish, and unsportsmanlike.

Neb10k #18 Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:31 AM

Captain

• 53014 battles
  • [KR0N0]
If someone is going on 6 kills do the right thing and shoot tracks

GreenFace #19 Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

Sergeant

• 12796 battles
  • [MOMFU]
Just ask this question to any servicemen or veterans. You'll understand more.

Edited by GreenFace, 10 November 2017 - 01:08 AM.

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

_iNOOB_ #20 Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 27844 battles
  • [-GV-]
You were on 6 kills already, all your team mates were also cheering for your 7th kill. When you almost got it then just one random afk team mate was return and steal the last enemy tank, it's not illlegal whatsoever but it's just pissed you off real bad :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users