Jump to content


Feedback on autoloaders

autoloaders feedback

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Straikk #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 6408 battles
  • 17
  • [_IR_]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2015

Hello,

 

Autoloaders have an important issue in the game at the minute.

No, it is not their clip reload time.

No, it's not the unloading time.

No, it's not their damage.

 

It is actually the amount of shells they have in one clip.

 

I just looked through the American autoloader heavy line, American autoloader light line, French autoloader heavy line, French autoloader light line, and the German SP1C, and it is discovered that no single tank in these lines have more than 4 shells in one clip. 

 

In fact, the only tank that has 4 shells is the Batchat 25T AP (the Tier 9 Batchat), and that's on it's stock gun.

 

Put another way, every single autoloader (except SP1C) above tier 5 has the exact same number of shells in one clip: 3.

 

Why?

 

Why do these varied and diverse tanks, whether they're fast, slow, tanky, paper, have essentially the exact same way of dealing their damage? Most autoloaders above tier 5's damage pattern is here:

160dmg shot /2~3sec/ 160dmg shot /2~3sec/ 160dmg shot

200dmg shot/2~3sec/ 200dmg shot/2~3sec/ 200dmg shot

300dmg shot/2~3sec/ 300dmg shot/2~3sec/ 300dmg shot

 

You can double check the numbers yourself, but this is rather accurate for most autoloaders.

 

So, how do we fix this?

 

Simple: you literally just have some diversity in how many shells are in one clip. For instance, on the PC version, the M41 Bulldog has I believe 10shots/clip. Now on Blitz this would be extremely unbalanced of course, but why not give the Blitz M41 Bulldog say, 5shots/clip? To differentiate between the American autoloaders and the French, why not give the French in general more shots in a clip, for example 4shots/clip with worse gun handling, or longer reload to balance it out, versus an American's 3shots/clip but compensated with nicer gun handling?

 

There are of course, smarter people than me who can think of even more sophisticated and even better solutions than I can above, but I hope by putting these numbers out there, more people are aware of this growing issue on autoloaders, and that productive feedback and discussion follows ^^

 

If I'm wrong, please do correct me :)


o7

-Straikk



Diamond114 #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 14794 battles
  • 1,540
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

As I said before, 4x300 avg alpha on a pre-buff AMX 50 100 means it can unleash 1200 burst damage, which at its Tier (VIII), is sufficient to put a massive hurt to any tank at or below its Tier in a one-on-one situation. I didn't complain, but I did find it annoying that I circle around one AMX heavy, thinking he has fired all only to find out he still has a few shots, or one time in one of my heavy (somewhat pummeled, granted) where he pops out, takes my shot, and proceeded to kill me with his full mag before I get another shot off. Again, I know some people are going to say "well you just got outplayed", true, but the potential is there for it to be abused especially since no other high tier autoloaders perform similarly to AMX 50 100. As for the Bulldog, the M32 doesn't seem too bad as well, since it provides the option to play the Bulldog as a DPM tank. The autoloader doesn't seem to suck apart from slightly less pen, but given that I play my lights as a flanker harasser, I perform better when I can keep my gun constantly firing (SP I C for my example)

 

Actually, the AT 6 has an autoloader last time I check for the 6 pounder. Granted not a big gun, but I do remember it has more than 5 in its mag.


"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"Adapt and create your own. Be like water" - Bruce Lee 


RainbowSword #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11710 battles
  • 158
  • [HKAF]
  • Member since:
    04-11-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 13 September 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Actually, the AT 6 has an autoloader last time I check for the 6 pounder. Granted not a big gun, but I do remember it has more than 5 in its mag.

The AT7 instead of AT6 actually has a fun lil 6 pdr autoloader with 10 rounds doing 900 damage in about 10s (1.09s*9) This gun might not be effective but it is funny:trollface:


Edited by RainbowSword, 13 September 2017 - 01:44 PM.

Stats Really Do Not Matters!

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams


Maddoxkkm #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 26016 battles
  • 1,688
  • [OM3GA]
  • Member since:
    01-14-2015
Autoloaders are a double-edged sword. both to the developers and the players. It's also a great indication of how good the Devs of WoTB are doing their balance. because if they accidentally messed up one parameter, it will either make or break the game. WG seemed to took the safe route (not being confident about their balancing skills unlike the devs on PC) and gave everyone equal number of shells. I am definitely not complaining, because less shots in a magazine = higher probability of catching the tank on reload when engaging it in a 1 vs 1...... But I think WG should try some diversity then just sitting in their safe zone, applying a set of standardised parameters onto all of the autoloader tanks.

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill


Straikk #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 6408 battles
  • 17
  • [_IR_]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 13 September 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

As I said before, 4x300 avg alpha on a pre-buff AMX 50 100 means it can unleash 1200 burst damage, which at its Tier (VIII), is sufficient to put a massive hurt to any tank at or below its Tier in a one-on-one situation. I didn't complain, but I did find it annoying that I circle around one AMX heavy, thinking he has fired all only to find out he still has a few shots, or one time in one of my heavy (somewhat pummeled, granted) where he pops out, takes my shot, and proceeded to kill me with his full mag before I get another shot off. Again, I know some people are going to say "well you just got outplayed", true, but the potential is there for it to be abused especially since no other high tier autoloaders perform similarly to AMX 50 100. As for the Bulldog, the M32 doesn't seem too bad as well, since it provides the option to play the Bulldog as a DPM tank. The autoloader doesn't seem to suck apart from slightly less pen, but given that I play my lights as a flanker harasser, I perform better when I can keep my gun constantly firing (SP I C for my example)

 

Actually, the AT 6 has an autoloader last time I check for the 6 pounder. Granted not a big gun, but I do remember it has more than 5 in its mag.

 

I actually oppose the AMX 50 100 nerf: how else will it keep itself relevant? The intra-clip reload, if I remember correctly, is 3 seconds. That means it gets the entire clip out in 9 seconds. If you leave yourself in the open, eat the first shot and continue to take shots, I think an autoloader has every right to punish you. That goes for every single autoloader.

We cannot let people think, they can just drive out into the open and not be punished with shells; this is not good gameplay. If the power to punish someone who's driving badly is diminished, people will just drive recklessly everywhere - and they'll be fine for it. 

 

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 13 September 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Autoloaders are a double-edged sword. both to the developers and the players. It's also a great indication of how good the Devs of WoTB are doing their balance. because if they accidentally messed up one parameter, it will either make or break the game. WG seemed to took the safe route (not being confident about their balancing skills unlike the devs on PC) and gave everyone equal number of shells. I am definitely not complaining, because less shots in a magazine = higher probability of catching the tank on reload when engaging it in a 1 vs 1...... But I think WG should try some diversity then just sitting in their safe zone, applying a set of standardised parameters onto all of the autoloader tanks.

 

Balance is an issue that has been brought up concerning this topic before. I explained briefly about Wargaming being able to tweak other gun stats in the main post :)

I do agree with you though, about Wargaming taking the safe route. I'd prefer they bring in underpowered tanks, then buff them later, rather than overpowered tanks in the first go.

PKonBlitz_YouTuber #6 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6260 battles
  • 185
  • [PK1NG]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2017

I am using AMX 50 B and it's literally great with 3 shoots, because if you add more shells than this AMX can finish any tank lol

For AMX 50 B we need a platoon mate who cover us when we do reload, and if it's vs 1 tank my AMX do more than 1300 dmg so other HP can be covered by my platoon mate. 


I AM HOSTING ASIA'S GREATEST TOURNAMENT! THE KING OF KINGS!1 VS 1- YouTube CHANNELhttp://www.youtube.com/c/pkonblitz

 

 






Also tagged with autoloaders, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users