A good tank I don't understand: LTTB

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

_DerpyBaguette_ #21 Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

HESH Hater

• 16218 battles

View PostDiamond114, on 14 September 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Just don't run sideways because all forward mounted turreted tanks like T-43, LTTB, Pershing, they all have butts like Nicki Minaj. Side armor at that point is really weak, and while the armor can be a bit of troll frontally, a straight, accurate shooter with big enough gun can still bust through it.

LOL Nicki Minaj

fjvhk #22 Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

Sergeant

• 31722 battles
  • [ARMD]

View Postabrasol, on 06 September 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

... Summarising, these non technical, partially subjective factors may play a much more important role as one would imagine. Thus, leave more room for the irrational and the logically imperceptible part ;)

Like Neo said "What if i told you..." ... about the homogenization factor.

http://forum.wotblit...veloper-spoiler

Edited by fjvhk, 18 September 2017 - 11:17 AM.

andylol2004 #23 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Corporal

• 22067 battles
  • [JSF]

Hi,

I have the LTTB and have played at least 200 games in it.

I think the LTTB is one hell of a scout, has t44 upper plate and therefore should be played as a brawler/scout. Try pick on something like a sherman or cromwell (something with 150mm pen or less), and as long as you are hinding your lower plate, and using some gun depression, you should bounce (unless they load WN8 rounds). Also use the second gun (D5T-85BM) because it has -8 degrees of gun depression compared to the -5 on the top gun, and even though it has lower DPM, gun depression will increase your effective DPM.

Best of luck

Edited by andylol2004, 29 November 2017 - 12:10 PM.

devilogic #24 Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:56 AM

Private

• 5283 battles
The first time I played the LTTB, i was like, woah, easy on the acceleration xD

No_Life_boy #25 Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• 25761 battles
  • [UFD-1]

View Posterwin10001, on 06 September 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Guys need your help here ...

I decided to try tier 7 (though I will probably restart after the T49A goes away...)  got the LTTB , Comet,  AMX, IS and they are upgraded with 100% crew. 

The Comet, I know how to play, because I did pretty ok with the Crusader and Cromwell and my winrate is ok so far. The IS and AMX have winrates that roughly mirror their tier 6 equivalents so I guess no complaints there.

However, I am terrible at the LTTB currently with a 38% winrate after 52 games :deer:even though Bushka says its the best non-premium tier 7 (drac/62 cough cough)? 

The LTTB, I thought I would play it like a VK28.01 but soon it dawned on me that the gun is not as good as the VK28's gun and shots which I would hit with VK28 I was missing with LTTB. So what I am supposed to do with the LTTB? Use its speed to get as close as possible so that its 'average' gun stands a chance at hitting?

Also, which tier 5/6 tank has a similar style to LTTB (not the VK28 or Cromwell evidently...), maybe i need to practice at tier 5/6 before playing LTTB again...

I looked at Bushka's review and he did he didn't drive the LTTB in any particular way, typical Bushka style driving which sort of gave me the perception that I could drive it like a VK28....

about the LTTB.

similar to her medium and heavy counterparts, the LTTB has terrible gun depression and some indeed use a worse gun than the maxed out one to get more gun depression. however, that is the least of the concerns because of the nerf WG did to the LTTB regarding the armor. the gun is mediocre for its tier and I advise you to only engage heavily armored tanks such as the VK100.01P with high pen shells in case you get uptiered in a match. the reload and damage per shot is also meh IMO and every time I shoot I try to relocate to another vantage point which has a soft cover and does not require peeking over a hill to shoot.

comparing the tank to a vk28.01 is kinda wrong since the gun on the VK is really good for its tier and can virtually penetrate anything on tier 7 as well. LTTB in the start of the match should go to the frontlines and scout any unsuspecting tanks, fall back and let the heavy/medium tanks roll in and relocate to a semi-sniping and flanking position and use the guns amazing accuracy to aim at weak spots of tanks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users