A good tank I don't understand: LTTB

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

erwin10001 #1 Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

Captain

• 45841 battles
  • [NETS]

Guys need your help here ...

I decided to try tier 7 (though I will probably restart after the T49A goes away...)  got the LTTB , Comet,  AMX, IS and they are upgraded with 100% crew. 

The Comet, I know how to play, because I did pretty ok with the Crusader and Cromwell and my winrate is ok so far. The IS and AMX have winrates that roughly mirror their tier 6 equivalents so I guess no complaints there.

However, I am terrible at the LTTB currently with a 38% winrate after 52 games :deer:even though Bushka says its the best non-premium tier 7 (drac/62 cough cough)? 

The LTTB, I thought I would play it like a VK28.01 but soon it dawned on me that the gun is not as good as the VK28's gun and shots which I would hit with VK28 I was missing with LTTB. So what I am supposed to do with the LTTB? Use its speed to get as close as possible so that its 'average' gun stands a chance at hitting?

Also, which tier 5/6 tank has a similar style to LTTB (not the VK28 or Cromwell evidently...), maybe i need to practice at tier 5/6 before playing LTTB again...

I looked at Bushka's review and he did he didn't drive the LTTB in any particular way, typical Bushka style driving which sort of gave me the perception that I could drive it like a VK28....

Edited by erwin10001, 06 September 2017 - 01:45 PM.

SisconOniichan #2 Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

Corporal

• 27319 battles
  • [KURO-]

I think the LTTB is a more long range kind of tank, try playing it like a T67 or a [edited]. Spot, shoot once, run then do it all over again.

I'm still at T-34 and aiming for that tank so don't take my word for it. That's just how I think that tank is played, after being rekt by it plenty of times. I'm pretty sure you play it in a completely different way than the cromwell though.

Currently grinding and eliting: T25/2, SP I C, VK 30.01 P, Tiger I, Jagdtiger, SU-85,  Centurion I

Premiums: T-25, Löwe, Valentine II, Light VIC

Kept: Stug III G, KV-2, Comet

abrasol #3 Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• 8171 battles
  • [AUC]
I know you as a rational and technically versed person and player by now(disciplined in a good way too), and I certainly can't help out with that part, but there is a thing or two that I have noticed now when grinding and driving firstly in Tier VI (actually already in V). Some tanks seem to become losers in my hand, while with others I have results and a WR, which is in fact above my skill set and experience. Now, while some would most likely try to rationalise this effect as well (and I would not blame them for that), I think that there is an unknown "wining/loosing factor" beyond all the rational thinking that you could possibly come up with. And I would even push it further and pretend that some tanks will win for themselves (to a concrete and notable extend), while others will be the opposite, no matter the way YOU play them. I am not dreaming this, in some tanks I don't even have to do much, and I am doing nothing special and I win long strikes, while with others, no matter what I do, I just can't win, but lose game after game, both unluckily AND due to a mistake or another minor or stupid. At some point I had the impression even, that some tanks just get a much more advantageous matchmaking than others... (or if you prefer, are more prone to MM occurrences). I will not insist on this part at this point as it sounds rather irrational - but I still have the impression that in some cases the M-Making for some tanks is indeed advantageous/disadvantageous. Last but not least, as we all have noticed, even more with the Missile event, circumstances, ongoing player participation (from lower Tiers pushing to higher Tiers - or formerly less active players) and the gameplay/flow do CHANGE. And with this change the value of certain tanks. Respectively the way they are best played may not matter that much due to circumstances as described. Summarising, these non technical, partially subjective factors may play a much more important role as one would imagine. Thus, leave more room for the irrational and the logically imperceptible part ;)

Edited by abrasol, 06 September 2017 - 01:14 PM.

hunter689 #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17350 battles
  • [-BR-]
Play it like fast and light tank cammo t43

Diamond114 #5 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:40 AM

Captain

• 16481 battles
  • [408]

View Posthunter689, on 06 September 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

Play it like fast and light tank cammo t43

And as usual for Russian tanks with those profiles, be careful of your back end, even if they aimed slightly off from your center mass there's always a chance of said shell landing in your back end if shot from the side. Same problem for T-43 and T-34 of both flavors.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #6 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

Captain

• 16481 battles
  • [408]
I blame some of my losses on LTTB with MM, too often I get matched with teams that had zero clue of what they're doing and since I always try to lead from the front and take the initiative, that means I'm the first one to get buggered especially against heavies. Other than that classic Russian medium weakness; turret isn't reliable in the center part against lucky hits or accurate shooters, hull might be great but not against heavy tank guns. As for the gun, I usually went with the middle gun because my sorely needed gun depression.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

abrasol #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

Sergeant

• 8171 battles
  • [AUC]
One more thought. I think there is an important factor in "how to play a tank best", I would kindly call it routine... and it contributes a lot. And in the reverse-logic it does even more when there is lack of routine in THAT VERY tank. The way some players play a specific tank is of course linked to their skill set (including how they have learned to play a similar tank). But the actual routine they have acquired with it, falsely demonstrates HOW they play it, respectively how you may play it best. There is a downside to routine as well, and that is when circumstances make it impossible to use your acquired and successful routine. The games when their routine occasionally works against them, (or when they got terribly unluckily busted) you rarely see them on Youtube.

abrasol #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:59 AM

Sergeant

• 8171 battles
  • [AUC]
PS: when you refer to the AMX, I suppose it is the AMX m4 45. How does it play and win for you in comparison? I am interested in getting it after the ARL. Not yet but eventually when I improve my skills and the WR of the ARL.

Lord_Melchett #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 38058 battles
  • [1914]

I play the LTTB the same way that I play VK28.01.

Light and fast scout, then lurk on the fringes, hitting and relocating.  I try not to brawl (mainly because that is not my strength), but I'm happy to go and COD isolated heavies and TDs.

Are you using the second top gun?  It has better gun depression than the top gun, and I find that more useful than the slightly higher pen.

Diamond114 #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

Captain

• 16481 battles
  • [408]

View Postabrasol, on 07 September 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

PS: when you refer to the AMX, I suppose it is the AMX m4 45. How does it play and win for you in comparison? I am interested in getting it after the ARL. Not yet but eventually when I improve my skills and the WR of the ARL.

Like Tiger I I believe, you're the heavium DPM machine at Tier 7 that has armor that reacts like a mimosa when hit by shell.

abrasol #11 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

Sergeant

• 8171 battles
  • [AUC]

View PostDiamond114, on 07 September 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

Like Tiger I I believe, you're the heavium DPM machine at Tier 7 that has armor that reacts like a mimosa when hit by shell.

Really? I thought more of it as a faux heavy... much faster as the ARL, not exactly well armoured but even faster loading gun(s) as the ARL.

Obviously, mobility and firepower goes to the detriment of armour.. Yes, I would prefer it less fast and better armoured indeed, with the same gun.

Conrad_Von_Maur #12 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25705 battles
  • [RNP]

AMX 100, support tank, Peek a Boo style of tanking, use gun depression but not often cause it does not have the same gun depression as the TRUE Heavy Tank ARL44, always stick with a team member rely on them to spot for you, cause once you over peek and try to go front your giant TOG tank #AKAthePUNCHINGBAG.

same gameplay as a T43, but with better gun damage and penetration value but less accurate, and one word darn its too HUGE for a Heavium and too freaking slow....

Use double Fuel and 1 full rations.

bigben21 #13 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

I do alot of peekaboo with hard cover in front with this tank. Firing from a distance using soft cover and camo, imo is not very effective.

I will usually take the lead run to the spot and wait for team to arrive. If my team do not follow me, I will just abandon the spot and join the team. So do not run too far away from the team, as most definitely would not be able to catch up.

I usually wait for the team before engaging the enemies. I almost never fire the first shot, I will wait for either enemy to fire or my team to do so. I target those who expose their side, especially those hts who are slower in reversing back into cover. Sometime I will aim the track with intent to damage their track and let my team have a go at them. If you have a good team it is pretty effective this way. 

This tank is very effective against isolated td and the slow ht. Find them and do the "circle of death". However, do this only later of the game, when you have lesser enemy fire to worry about, not right from the start of the game. Priority is always to support your team first. Use the mobility of this tank to your advantage, but don't run around like a mad dog...

I have stopped playing this tank recently becos it will be easy prey for the t49a and I suffered many games in it. Anyone has any other ideas how to use this tank, pls share.  Happy tanking... :)

Diamond114 #14 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• 16481 battles
  • [408]

View Postbigben21, on 08 September 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

I do alot of peekaboo with hard cover in front with this tank. Firing from a distance using soft cover and camo, imo is not very effective.

I will usually take the lead run to the spot and wait for team to arrive. If my team do not follow me, I will just abandon the spot and join the team. So do not run too far away from the team, as most definitely would not be able to catch up.

I usually wait for the team before engaging the enemies. I almost never fire the first shot, I will wait for either enemy to fire or my team to do so. I target those who expose their side, especially those hts who are slower in reversing back into cover. Sometime I will aim the track with intent to damage their track and let my team have a go at them. If you have a good team it is pretty effective this way. 

This tank is very effective against isolated td and the slow ht. Find them and do the "circle of death". However, do this only later of the game, when you have lesser enemy fire to worry about, not right from the start of the game. Priority is always to support your team first. Use the mobility of this tank to your advantage, but don't run around like a mad dog...

I have stopped playing this tank recently becos it will be easy prey for the t49a and I suffered many games in it. Anyone has any other ideas how to use this tank, pls share.  Happy tanking... :)

Actually you might be spot on as to light tank basic strategy goes

erwin10001 #15 Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:36 AM

Captain

• 45841 battles
  • [NETS]
thanks for all the useful tips... will start playing tier 7 after t49a disappears...

tusbodi #16 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 38912 battles
  • [1914]
I like the lttb have high 50 something wr in it but I won't play it with all the t49a's around. It's very much like the vk28.01 but the gun is not quiet as good and it doesn't handle as well. I also use the 2nd gun for the gun depression but you need to spot snipe relocate in it a lot. Only brawl as a last resort. But it's not as good as it used to be. 

phantom3442 #17 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

Corporal

• 24554 battles
  • [408]
Use its speed and distract opponents the only problem if your team just watching and doing nothing, cause it happen alot to me

And you should play initial d song 'deja vu(?)' while playing lttb

_DerpyBaguette_ #18 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

HESH Hater

• 16218 battles

LTTB is a good tank, cuz I researched T54 (Tier 9) from the light tank line. LTTB, is literally VK.28.01 with more armor (somewhat trollish ) with a faster firing gun with 40 more dmg. Vk2801 and LTTB is known as my favorite tanks although I don't have a good win rate. When you use LTTB keep moving, and it will increase the chance of bouncing armor. It's arguably the best tier 7 light, cuz SP1Cs armor is crap and too light, while Bulldog is actually comparable to LTTB. AMX 13 75, is literally like Bulldog with the autoloader gun so ya.

Here's my main advice, keep moving, go to hull-down positions and be a scout killer, while ramming lights can actually work. Nice topic, dude!!!

Edited by Derpkilla_54, 18 September 2017 - 10:32 AM.

Diamond114 #19 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

Captain

• 16481 battles
  • [408]

View PostDerpkilla_54, on 14 September 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

LTTB is a good tank, cuz I researched T54 (Tier 9) from the light tank line. LTTB, is literally VK.28.01 with more armor (somewhat trollish ) with a faster firing gun with 40 more dmg. Vk2801 and LTTB is known as my favorite tanks although I don't have a good win rate. When you use LTTB keep moving, and it will increase the chance of bouncing armor. It's arguably the best tier 7 light, cuz [edited]'s armor is crap and too light, while Bulldog is actually comparable to LTTB. AMX 13 75, is literally like Bulldog with the autoloader gun so ya.

Here's my main advice, keep moving, go to hull-down positions and be a scout killer, while ramming lights can actually work. Nice topic, dude!!!

Just don't run sideways because all forward mounted turreted tanks like T-43, LTTB, Pershing, they all have butts like Nicki Minaj. Side armor at that point is really weak, and while the armor can be a bit of troll frontally, a straight, accurate shooter with big enough gun can still bust through it.

Edited by Diamond114, 14 September 2017 - 10:40 AM.

_DerpyBaguette_ #20 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

HESH Hater

• 16218 battles

View PostDiamond114, on 14 September 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Just don't run sideways because all forward mounted turreted tanks like T-43, LTTB, Pershing, they all have butts like Nicki Minaj. Side armor at that point is really weak, and while the armor can be a bit of troll frontally, a straight, accurate shooter with big enough gun can still bust through it.

ya... agreed... if you want to flank a heavy/td then just charge at it and then turn (cause your traverse is like the best) and flank. REMEMBER, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FRONT TO THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users