"Realistic" Battle settings?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

_RB_33_ #1 Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20321 battles
  • [101AS]

Hello WG,

An idea just crossed my mind that might be of interest to you. How about Blitz includes "realistic" battle settings?

For starters, I would like to suggest the following:

1) Hitpoints/ kill ability

Under a "realistic" setting, battles are now one to two hit affairs, depending on where your shot hits and provided you hit a weak spot. To counter this, the game retains the usual spotting mechanics but remove the in-game armor profiles. While this may encourage camping, this will also encourage tactical thinking and on the fly teamwork. This would also negate the love-hate relationship of the so-called "Russian Bias", putting tanks like the Leopard PTA on a more even footing with it's Russian counterparts.

2) Historical tank settings

As for the tanks, at least the ones which entered service, how about they get the settings that they had in real-life? i.e. Jackson and Hellcat. The Jackson gets its 90mm gun but the Hellcat only gets the 76mm as it's top gun. This would make for a more varied gameplay and encourage a larger variety of tanks to be fielded. As for the tanks that existed only in real-life blueprints, they can come as they are or at least follow what their blueprints indicated as they can provide an interesting "what-if" scenario as to how things would turn out if they had indeed been used. The literal fantasy and anime tanks are not available as they have no place in a "realistic battle" in my humble opinion.

3) Limit tier access

The "realistic battles" is only accessible from Tiers 5 and up as most newcomers tend to yolo and it's at Ter 5 where most newcomers tend to start developing an appreciation for tactical and strategic gameplay.

Hope you guys can consider this.

For other inputs on the matter at hand, you may refer to this thread:

http://forum.wotblit...listic-battles/

Nova_Spirit #2 Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7466 battles
  • [SEAL]

View Post_RB_33_, on 07 August 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

While this may encourage camping,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users