Camping

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

_RB_33_ #41 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17573 battles
  • [101AS]

View Postbigben21, on 18 August 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Aha, this is getting interesting.... let's learn from each other.

IMHO this is the thing that I feel stopped most slow, and non-turret td players to be more effective. Most felt that they are slow hence they move to their favourite spot without the team.

However this may not be the best way to play these tds in a good team. Many times I have observed good mt players move along with their mates. They will continue to advance along with the team but at a slower pace for the benefit of the slower tanks. Once they have the enemy spotted they wait for the team to arrive in numbers before they strike. That means they strike knowing with support behind. They stay closer to the team and not run away too far from them. Most of the time we went on and won these games. Coincidentally when you check the stats of such mt drivers their wr is usually in the mid or high 50s.. 

So whenever I am driving my ATs, I would already have guessed if my team will win the game just by observing how the team move and whether tanks are left behind. So even driving a slow tanks like ATs I do follow the team and try to keep up and provide support instead of finding a high spot and snipe. If I was too far away I would think that I might not be that effective.

well, we really can't blame them bro. The fact is that most players just see the AT series and the T28/95 as slow moving chunks of metal that are dead weight to them and as such just leave them only realizing in the end that those kinds of TDs pack the firepower to back them up but will not admit that they did not consider working with that TD. They end up verbally abusing that TD driver instead after they get knocked out and blame him/her for not being there while everyone can see that the poor old T28/95 has now way of catching up to the meds and lights. Of course, there are those TD drivers that just mindlessly go their favorite perches regardless of the situation.

View Postbigben21, on 18 August 2017 - 05:32 AM, said:

As for meds n lights, I feel they should snipe out of circumstances when the situation favours them to do so, as they have the mobility and speed to "change spots", and flank the enemies.

As for tds, they don't have the mobility and speed to "change spot".

Hence I feel that tanks should not just stick to one strategy and go to the same favourite spot to camp and snipe all the time, but adjust where they should go according to the team dynamic.

Easier said than done bro when there are a whole lot of players out there who don't give a sweat about strategy and working to your tank's advantages. All those kinds of players care about is that they get kills, they don't get shot at, they win, and that they are the hero of the match. And when they go down, they start blaming the poor snier med who had been doing his job and then tell the opfor the position of the sniper med for the simple reason that the sniper med was not there to take hits for them and sacrifice themselves for their personal glory.

Kabama04 #42 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 11807 battles
  • [LTEVL]

View PostDestroyer123_defender, on 19 August 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

I don't camp in this tank and lay aggressively and become successful. Why do I have steel wall?PRIMO VICTORIA

Try getting one in the Toaster

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. 

-Space_Ape_Marksman

Destroyer123_defender #43 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• 7775 battles

View PostKabama04, on 19 August 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Try getting one in the Toaster

Try getting in the leopard 1

Mel1337 #44 Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11240 battles
  • [VEST]
https://youtu.be/X5rURMV7ZVo

^
jingles latest why you heff to be mad
Explains everything thats wrong with random teammates, and the fact you cant do anything about it.
I cope by not caring about those anymore, and just focus on self-improvement. Git gud yourself,dont rely on anyone else to carry the game, because you'll die expecting the unlikeliest of things to happen

Conrad_Von_Maur #45 Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 24435 battles
  • [RNP]

Credit earnings are base on total damage that a tank do, why bother YOLO and lead for the win, if you can camp all the way and having the highest damage on the battle., lose and still win credits...

They say vampires are good players but 80% of them are just leechers...

Destroyer123_defender #46 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• 7775 battles

View PostMel1337, on 19 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

^
That would be either a combination of finesse, rng and/or just dumb enemies

It happens, as long as you have something like the gun barrel/tracks, 0 damage shots are possible hence,steel walls medal. Doesnt mean its easy

Nah they were some 50%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users