Camping

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

BiRb99 #1 Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Private

• 1975 battles
  • [_TS__]

Im sick and tired of campers and the overall community. I'm not attacking people, just that the noob play is REAL. People camping in the bushes overlooking the flag capture (base) area in fort, noob kv1-s leading the team into total chaos in battle when I said "go and cap" and he reported me for wanting to cap even though we lost.

(By that I mean Lights, mediums and heavys, not TD or AT) and am a noob but I still find that camping is useless and I don't camp. Camping till 1:50 is what they do

Edited by BiRb99, 06 August 2017 - 05:07 AM.

InvisibleShadow #2 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10349 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostBiRb99, on 05 August 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Im sick and tired of campers and the overall community. I'm not attacking people, just that the noob play is REAL. People camping in the bushes overlooking the flag capture (base) area in fort, noob kv1-s leading the team into total chaos in battle when I said "go and cap" and he reported me for wanting to cap even though we lost.

Camping isn't ALWAYS wrong. Do u seriously expect something like a Stug lll on the frontline? Obviously not. Some tanks HAVE to camp to be successful, e.g St Emil.

"Go and cap"? Seriously, capping (in encounter battle) is a lousy tactic these days, also it DEPENDS on the situation to decide whether or not to cap. Let's say there are 3 heavies on your team remaining and a light enemy tank. Since u can't catch up with him, obviously you cap to lure him out. Capping at the start of a battle is useless nowadays.

Also, could you explain the situations you faced? No offense, but ur just a newbie and I don't think you have the right to call others noob. Your dealing 300+ average dmg per battle in your T-150 is solid proof of the phrase "pot calling the kettle black". No offense, but seriously, please show us a detailed explanation of why those people in those instances were "noob". Tho I don't think you have the capability to judge who is noob and who isn't. Reminds me of a time when my clan lead was called a lousy noob camper for dealing 3k dmg in a St Emil by camping, since that tank is just hopeless on frontline.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

Vratrixz #3 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Sergeant

• 5759 battles
  • [MERCS]

View PostBiRb99, on 05 August 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

My Gawd m8, some tank need to Snipe/camp or Secound Line Support, u can't expect a Pz Sfl IV c to brawl right?

Some tanks has the Kemp-In-Bush play style, TD'S are kemp-and-snipe, especially the Grille 15 Line, ever saw a Flak Box that brawls???? If you haven't yet the answear is baboom.

U need to learn more bout tactics, u only have 865 Battles when posting this, you still need to learn more the basic. In short it means (No Offence) you are still a new/noob ( again no offense) that need to learn more skills and tactics ;)

And yeah forgot to say, do Not Rush-base in encounter, especially after starting, why? Because you will get sieged, the team will be forced to help you, the enemies will know er position and will start Flanking you and sieging you from all sides leading your team to failure, it's only 1 out of 25 that you will be able to survive the onslaught of the siege. 

So the time to cap depends on the circumstances, like the whole enemy team of having a fight with we team, like Brawling at whatsoever, and you can't pen most of them or you are on low health, then you go cap, thats just an example of all the circumstances. So the rule is Don't Go Cap Base at start or battle, and go cap during certain circumstances 

C ya in the battlefield ;)

Edited by Vratrixz, 05 August 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Don´t count good players by their tank,current tier they are playing in, credits, gold, premium time, win rate, personal rating or personal access. But from their character, strategy, perseverance and teamwork. so stop saying noob and stuffs except if he has bad teamwork, be mad at someone because he is unkind. And don't say that someone is coward because he is sniping,or second line fire support, its just his duty.

SaveSave

bigben21 #4 Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

Sergeant

• 14448 battles
  • [ARMYE]

Errr..... go and cap??? Beginning of the game?

Bro that is not the way to play. Cap only when u have killed a few enemies and have number superiority. Or enemy is left with slow tanks whereas u have all the fast tanks. 

Seriously cap? What is the consequence of capping the base in the beginning of the game? Do you know?

BTW, same for supremacy game. Cap to win? Not always..... think....

Lost so many games we could have won, if our mates have not gone to cap when we have number superiority.

Camping may not be wrong for tds. Stubborn camping and hts camping..... :angry: that make everyone boil....

Edited by bigben21, 05 August 2017 - 05:03 PM.

Esh11 #5 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 30127 battles
  • [DRUNK]
c

Edited by Esh11, 05 August 2017 - 06:07 PM.

Esh11 #6 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 30127 battles
  • [DRUNK]

Don't listen to these  noobs . You seem to have a very good understanding of the game . You do you . Drive straight to the flag in every game . When the capture points go to 100 you win !! Send me a platoon request . Then we can booth go and capture the flag . The counter moves quicker if there are two tanks in the circle !!

Edited by Esh11, 05 August 2017 - 06:11 PM.

abrasol #7 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:01 AM

Sergeant

• 6037 battles
  • [AUC]

View PostBiRb99, on 05 August 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

You do not need to be an unicum nor an experienced Tier X player to realise what is going on in some games... I mean general or circumstantial game experience is probably different for everyone, but the foul behaviour of some player must be obvious to everyone. Some of it is not totally deliberate, more like subconscious... or "once bitten twice shy"... But not just the campers kill you, also the "experienced" players who hold back just enough, so the 3 first take the first hits, so they can walk in and do their damage or finish off the tanks that have already got damaged. Yes it is a strategic game and this is kind of smart, ... but the strategies of some only work to the deficit of others... and that p.m.o. even more than routine campers running to their favourite spot - or people who are using their big brother's account, trying to shoot through walls and mountains, or run in every obstacle in their way... because they don't know better, while the others abuse a part of the other players in the team, for their own advantage, systematically and selfishly.

Edited by abrasol, 06 August 2017 - 02:03 AM.

WespeSPG_ #8 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

Corporal

• 7845 battles
  • [-RW-]

View PostBiRb99, on 05 August 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

m8, you must understand some tanks have the type of Tank Destroyer. TDs usually snipe and support from second line, with their firepower and paper armour (some only, T95 don't have anything with this) If your HT or MT camp, okay maybe they are noobs, but also maybe they are pro unicums. Depends on tanks playstyle, I usually scout then stay at second line to support fire in my E50 and T44. It is all about playstyle. Top unicum players also usually snipe with their T49 and Ru 251.

About Base Capping problem, capping base from the beginning is ALWAYS a stupid move, but again, pros sometimes caps from the start of the match at Canal. Base on your stats, you are quite clueless about this game, low avg dmg and WR, learn more before you could just throw the word "noobs" at somebody else. The KV1S seems like a very average player, he is experienced enough to not go straight to the cap base (unless in Canal) but go the opposite way and supports teammates.

2013852919.png

Dirty Sniper-brawler noob, 100% lose when platoon with me, and 2 tanks in Garage

Well I'm still happy with my life, so don't tell me to kill myself, eat HE in the back instead

Nova_Spirit #9 Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:27 AM

Sergeant

• 4234 battles
  • [SEAL]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 05 August 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Camping isn't ALWAYS wrong. Do u seriously expect something like a Stug lll on the frontline? Obviously not. Some tanks HAVE to camp to be successful, e.g St Emil.

"Go and cap"? Seriously, capping (in encounter battle) is a lousy tactic these days, also it DEPENDS on the situation to decide whether or not to cap. Let's say there are 3 heavies on your team remaining and a light enemy tank. Since u can't catch up with him, obviously you cap to lure him out. Capping at the start of a battle is useless nowadays.

Also, could you explain the situations you faced? No offense, but ur just a newbie and I don't think you have the right to call others noob. Your dealing 300+ average dmg per battle in your T-150 is solid proof of the phrase "pot calling the kettle black". No offense, but seriously, please show us a detailed explanation of why those people in those instances were "noob". Tho I don't think you have the capability to judge who is noob and who isn't. Reminds me of a time when my clan lead was called a lousy noob camper for dealing 3k dmg in a St Emil by camping, since that tank is just hopeless on frontline.

am i a noob

iamSamRock #10 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 38617 battles
probably this post made all my team mates last night go YOLO? i was wondering where the idea came from :facepalm:

InvisibleShadow #11 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10349 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostNova_Spirit, on 06 August 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

am i a noob

How are you a noob you are a reroll with much more skills than me I need to learn from you senpai 

lol

WespeSPG_ #12 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:02 AM

Corporal

• 7845 battles
  • [-RW-]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 06 August 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

How are you a noob you are a reroll with much more skills than me I need to learn from you senpai 

lol

Wat is reroll

2013852919.png

Dirty Sniper-brawler noob, 100% lose when platoon with me, and 2 tanks in Garage

Well I'm still happy with my life, so don't tell me to kill myself, eat HE in the back instead

BiRb99 #13 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:11 AM

Private

• 1975 battles
  • [_TS__]
xd am pretty clueless but still I know the roles of the different class (light, Med, heavy)

_RB_33_ #14 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17776 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostBiRb99, on 06 August 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

xd am pretty clueless but still I know the roles of the different class (light, Med, heavy)

No offence but you seem to have CONVENIENTLY forgotten to mention the tank destroyer class... You know... Those noobish tanks whose job is to be at second line (behind the heavies) or from afar and provide support because they die easily courtesy of either lack of armor, lack of turret, lack of mobility or all of the above...

unless your idea of a pro-level or unicum TD is one who charges in before the team even with weak armor or mobility, dies ahead of the team and berate everyone for not going on a suicide run with him?...

Edited by _RB_33_, 06 August 2017 - 05:27 AM.

PatriarchySS1 #15 Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:02 AM

Corporal

• 22761 battles
  • [AVSW]

Wow what a topic..... Got to love these ones! 

As has been mentioned above, judging a tank, just on its type will get you into a world of trouble... Not all HT have armour, not all meds have mobility... Like if your sniping in a Russian HT, your probably doing it wrong, but it can be a successful tactic in an uptrired German HT, it's all situational, reading a situation and applying your tank to best affect the outcome..

InvisibleShadow #16 Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10349 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostRainNingTP_, on 06 August 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

Wat is reroll

Reroll means someone who alr has an account (usually quite an experienced player) and creates a new 2nd account, usually to improve stats 

Radagast_the_Brown #17 Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

Corporal

• 105 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostPatriarchySS1, on 06 August 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Wow what a topic..... Got to love these ones! 

As has been mentioned above, judging a tank, just on its type will get you into a world of trouble... Not all HT have armour, not all meds have mobility... Like if your sniping in a Russian HT, your probably doing it wrong, but it can be a successful tactic in an uptrired German HT, it's all situational, reading a situation and applying your tank to best affect the outcome..

Sadly, few people seem to understand that. Seeing how many Löwe drivers get called "noob heavy tank" because they don't go front line to brawl has convinced me that less than half the players have any real knowledge of the game.

"These are dark spells, Gandalf. Old and full of hate."

Esh11 #18 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 30127 battles
  • [DRUNK]
For the next few days I will only be firing HE in all my tanks . I got this idea after watching Jingles video . 

Diamond114 #19 Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• 14969 battles
  • [408]

View PostEsh11, on 07 August 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

For the next few days I will only be firing HE in all my tanks . I got this idea after watching Jingles video . 

[edited]

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"Adapt and create your own. Be like water" - Bruce Lee 

erwin10001 #20 Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 20570 battles
  • [SEALZ]

I played t8 Dead Rail map and 4 teammates reversed into the far corner of the map to camp.  I've never seen such behaviour at lower tiers on Dead Rail.

It really seems that most of the camping is going on in higher tiers like tier 8.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users