Jump to content


Matchmaking frustrations


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

KakashiChic #1 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12840 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-21-2014

Matchmaking is so bad sometimes. There were moments where the other team just steam rolls the other one and you hope that you're in the winning team cause losing 7-0 can be a bit bitter. This happens often nowadays especially this week. I have a lot more pictures but i can't show em all. If anyone can relate to this please share your thoughts.

 

Steamroll Wins:

steamrollwin.jpg steamrollwin2.jpg steamrollwin3.jpg

 

Steamroll loses:

t71.jpg t71-2.jpg t71-3.jpg

This one in particular triggers me:

rhmb.jpg

Look at the tier 8s in the enemy team, 3 balanced heavy tanks in a team and a good super OP td. Unfortunate IS-5 didn't join the cluster ****

My team has a wide variety, looks like a perfect liberal party to me; different tanks different nation, and yet who comes out on top.

TLDR

Matchmaking can go suck a big one.

 

 



limjf04 #2 Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11602 battles
  • 730
  • [ISD]
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014
MM at tier 8 is bad, the playerbase at tier 8 in nonexistent. The people who play here are equivalent to playing tier 4 but the only way you get wrecked is because the enemy team has 50%ers

A cheapsake's garage:

MS-1 (4 aces), Tetrarch, T2 Light, T7 Car, Pz.II J, BT-7 Artillery, Pz.S35 (2 aces), M3 Light, LTP, BT-SV, T-127 (1 ace), Pz.IV D, Hetzer Kame SP, A-32, Pz.IV Anko SP, Pz.III/IV, Crusader (1 ace),  Kuro Mori Mine, VK 28.01, KV-2, AMX 50 100, Tiger II, WT auf Pz.IV, E50,  Jagdtiger (1 ace), E100, Jagdpanzer E100 (1 ace)

Hmm I actually have lots of garage slots


erwin10001 #3 Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 48399 battles
  • 1,251
  • [NETS]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016
I recently tried out my is5 despite having no experience at upper tiers and agree that there's not much difference from playing tier 4 / 5 where the game play is concerned. If anything tanks are bigger at tier 8 and even easier to hit.... Someone with 45‰ in a kv1 isn't going to miraculously become a unicum IS HT driver at tier 8

Edited by erwin10001, 27 July 2017 - 11:53 PM.


Dangerous_when_Sober #4 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:54 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 63919 battles
  • 1,484
  • [KR0N0]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

There's 45% and there's 45%...

 

Some players at 45 are quite good. Many games and they know tactics but maybe grind from stock for every tank and did not re-roll to erase initial learning phase.

 

But there are also some really dumb players that have the same WR.



KakashiChic #5 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12840 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-21-2014

View PostNeb10k, on 28 July 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

There's 45% and there's 45%...

 

Some players at 45 are quite good. Many games and they know tactics but maybe grind from stock for every tank and did not re-roll to erase initial learning phase.

 

But there are also some really dumb players that have the same WR.

 

I checked all of the winrates of the people in these games. The steamroll loses that i get i mostly have 48% OR lower and low average damage while the opponents have 52% OR higher and quite mediocre average damage, I always find that matchmaking keeps giving 'better than average' players weak team mates that can't even do 1k damage at least in TIER 8.

 

Another thing i noticed is that A LOT ( not saying everyone) of people with IS5s , IS3-Ds have a better winrate and better average damage per battle for these tanks. This stats are better than their whole WOTBlitz account or even compared to their other non-premium tier 8 tanks. Anyway tier 8 premium tanks are not even suppose to be better than a fully upgraded IS3 or even a Tiger 2. I predict that more premium tanks that are designed out of wargaming's a** are coming.



jl2015 #6 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 32329 battles
  • 307
  • [FUZE]
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

View PostKakashiChic, on 28 July 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

 

I checked all of the winrates of the people in these games. The steamroll loses that i get i mostly have 48% OR lower and low average damage while the opponents have 52% OR higher and quite mediocre average damage, I always find that matchmaking keeps giving 'better than average' players weak team mates that can't even do 1k damage at least in TIER 8.

 

Another thing i noticed is that A LOT ( not saying everyone) of people with IS5s , IS3-Ds have a better winrate and better average damage per battle for these tanks. This stats are better than their whole WOTBlitz account or even compared to their other non-premium tier 8 tanks. Anyway tier 8 premium tanks are not even suppose to be better than a fully upgraded IS3 or even a Tiger 2. I predict that more premium tanks that are designed out of wargaming's a** are coming.

 

Congratulations. Another 10k+ player found the truth of this game.

 

Those tier 7 and 8 expensive premium tanks are usually better than normal tanks, otherwise nobody will pay so much for it.

 

Therefore i always count the number of clan player and premium tank on the loading line up. It give an approximate idea of the quality of both team and help me making decisions before the game even begin.



VV6_9487 #7 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 1740 battles
  • 90
  • [SH4FT]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

View PostKakashiChic, on 28 July 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

 

I checked all of the winrates of the people in these games. The steamroll loses that i get i mostly have 48% OR lower and low average damage while the opponents have 52% OR higher and quite mediocre average damage, I always find that matchmaking keeps giving 'better than average' players weak team mates that can't even do 1k damage at least in TIER 8.

 

Another thing i noticed is that A LOT ( not saying everyone) of people with IS5s , IS3-Ds have a better winrate and better average damage per battle for these tanks. This stats are better than their whole WOTBlitz account or even compared to their other non-premium tier 8 tanks. Anyway tier 8 premium tanks are not even suppose to be better than a fully upgraded IS3 or even a Tiger 2. I predict that more premium tanks that are designed out of wargaming's a** are coming.

 

The subject of MM comes up a lot, basically MM is a 'pre-programmed' set of logical code with built-in RNG factors.  As for what's 'pre-set' and what's RNG, this is proprietary information not privilege to forum people.  Basically MM is "Random" with predefined set of rules, as long as the predefined rules are not violated, any player within the data set can be selected for random team make-up.

 

Most will debate on what are the 'pre-defined' rules, some popular ones are:

1. new tanks gets top tier for x games to make sure you don't get too badly beaten.  

2. after a losing/winning streak, you are likely to get better/worse teammates to ensure the game will be 'challenging'.

3. [feel free to add your own theory based on experience]

 

BTW, when you are an above average player, i.e. OP, you will unlikely get a good team. Basically you are at the top of your food chain, and it's unfair to team you with 80% players, so it makes sense to balance you with 40% players, and occasionally with 50% and rarely with 60% players.

 

Yes, tier 8 Premium is broken, and WG likes it this way.  WG wants everyone to paid a 'price' ($ or WR) to get past tier 8 and reach 9/X.



KakashiChic #8 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12840 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-21-2014

View Postjl2015, on 28 July 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

 

Congratulations. Another 10k+ player found the truth of this game.

 

Those tier 7 and 8 expensive premium tanks are usually better than normal tanks, otherwise nobody will pay so much for it.

 

Therefore i always count the number of clan player and premium tank on the loading line up. It give an approximate idea of the quality of both team and help me making decisions before the game even begin.

Well i was afraid to say that they were OP before. Before these [edited] prems came i played alot i remembered tier 8 was the most balanced tier ever.



Cugologist #9 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 33088 battles
  • 197
  • [DERPU]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2017

Happens at all tiers, didn't need to pass 10K games to work that out.

 

Sometimes you're cannon fodder, sometimes you're handed an easy win. Neither is desirable really. Far better when it's a hard fought battle and a new player having a good game can turn the tide. Win or lose, it's always better when you earn it.

 

That said, I find driving my freemium T-54 mod.1 is kind of good. It's the only tier 8 tank I have, I drive it pretty regularly and seem to do ok in it being almost always in the top half of the results. I'm a tier 8 noob, and that tank is letting me be a noob in there and getting away with it.

 

(Actually getting away with murder in it I think. Never had so many steel walls! I have no tier 8 rep and an easily remembered nickname, so I'm sure there are a few T8 regulars wondering what the heck is going on when a 'noob' bounces that many shots...)

 

The MM is borken, and broken. It is what it is and it's not good but on balance it seems to work out kind of ok. Maybe...



Diamond114 #10 Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16516 battles
  • 2,238
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

I do feel occasionally that MM is purposefully coded so you have 48-55% WR on average. When your tank's WR gets to say, 70% WR will see that you get stomped until your WR is back towards 60%, or back to the average WR before giving you A win. Even when you can somehow 'predict' how to increase your WR luck, WR still won't let you past 68% particularly at higher tier (though that one is also because of high-tier noobs rushing their way to Tier X)

 

Conspiracy rant done, my advice is simple: Deal with it.


"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


KakashiChic #11 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12840 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-21-2014

View PostDiamond114, on 28 July 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

I do feel occasionally that MM is purposefully coded so you have 48-55% WR on average. When your tank's WR gets to say, 70% WR will see that you get stomped until your WR is back towards 60%, or back to the average WR before giving you A win. Even when you can somehow 'predict' how to increase your WR luck, WR still won't let you past 68% particularly at higher tier (though that one is also because of high-tier noobs rushing their way to Tier X)

 

Conspiracy rant done, my advice is simple: Deal with it.

 

It can be dealt with if you platoon with another Good player but my ego won't let me platoon so i will always go solo. If you notice the top 100 players have high Platoon rate (almost) 100% , they probably can't solo (jk):P

Hyousetsu_Ouka #12 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 31961 battles
  • 2,994
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013
You dont look at WR. You look at damage ratio and kill ratio.

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


Glitterflirt #13 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 27459 battles
  • 438
  • [AZSC]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014

And here I am, stuck at 60 all these(3) years... 

 

Bet MM isn't doing a good job trying to drag down MaTDoD's winrate of 74. He's got a 76 for the past 30 days btw. 

 

Trying to find patterns in random stuff, nothing new. 


 


Arakasy #14 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24301 battles
  • 199
  • [R1]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Would be nice if they at least matched up the hit points. Many times last week I was in a team without any heavy tanks... against full teams of heavy tanks.... total BS, other team has 8 x the hit points... how the F is that fair ?

KakashiChic #15 Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12840 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-21-2014

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 29 July 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

You dont look at WR. You look at damage ratio and kill ratio.

 

Read properly please especially the BOLD ones.

 

View PostKakashiChic, on 28 July 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

 

I checked all of the winrates of the people in these games. The steamroll loses that i get i mostly have 48% OR lower and low average damage while the opponents have 52% OR higher and quite mediocre average damage, I always find that matchmaking keeps giving 'better than average' players weak team mates that can't even do 1k damage at least in TIER 8.

 

Another thing i noticed is that A LOT ( not saying everyone) of people with IS5s , IS3-Ds have a better winrate and better average damage per battle for these tanks. This stats are better than their whole WOTBlitz account or even compared to their other non-premium tier 8 tanks. Anyway tier 8 premium tanks are not even suppose to be better than a fully upgraded IS3 or even a Tiger 2. I predict that more premium tanks that are designed out of wargaming's a** are coming.

 



abrasol #16 Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8604 battles
  • 227
  • [AUC]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2017

Same thing happened to me lately on lower tiers, 3,4,5  and in addition, I observe more and more "dysfunctional teams" - where I do not blame the others alone. All non-due respect (so to speak), some of what I notice is getting worse. Both the inequality of teams/player skills and the seemingly confusion about strategy.

Seems to me that for some, a classical and obvious strategy in a certain map IS WORKING just well, while for others it is not at all. Due to what exactly it is not working for some I cannot tell, except the lack of skill or disciplined play (or whatever else it is). Mostly I observe player behaviour, refusing to go left (or wherever the classical strategy on a map is asking for), provably because they have lost too many times with that very strategy and game flow. Which then leaves the team with confusion and uncertainty. The problem for the team/individual player here is obviously that the "confused team" will loose even likelier. Why is there only "Rated Battles" at Tier 9 and 10 anyway, why not extend it down to V or even IV?


Edited by abrasol, 29 July 2017 - 01:41 AM.


Hyousetsu_Ouka #17 Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 31961 battles
  • 2,994
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013
Had a team of 1 scout v 6 scout with gandalf. Instant gg

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


Destroyer123_defender #18 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 11279 battles
  • 1,341
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

View Postabrasol, on 29 July 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

Same thing happened to me lately on lower tiers, 3,4,5  and in addition, I observe more and more "dysfunctional teams" - where I do not blame the others alone. All non-due respect (so to speak), some of what I notice is getting worse. Both the inequality of teams/player skills and the seemingly confusion about strategy.

Seems to me that for some, a classical and obvious strategy in a certain map IS WORKING just well, while for others it is not at all. Due to what exactly it is not working for some I cannot tell, except the lack of skill or disciplined play (or whatever else it is). Mostly I observe player behaviour, refusing to go left (or wherever the classical strategy on a map is asking for), provably because they have lost too many times with that very strategy and game flow. Which then leaves the team with confusion and uncertainty. The problem for the team/individual player here is obviously that the "confused team" will loose even likelier. Why is there only "Rated Battles" at Tier 9 and 10 anyway, why not extend it down to V or even IV?

Make it V-Vl. Don't have enough people to platoon with and if you see me platooning it would be 20% chance that my plat buddy ain't going to do Jack. Unlucky af teams plus minority of people speaking English.



Destroyer123_defender #19 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 11279 battles
  • 1,341
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

View PostDestroyer123_defender, on 29 July 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Make it V-Vl. Don't have enough people to platoon with and if you see me platooning it would be 80% chance that my plat buddy ain't going to do Jack. Unlucky af teams plus minority of people speaking English.

 



Joy_127 #20 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 66959 battles
  • 594
  • [-IQ-]
  • Member since:
    08-04-2015

View PostKakashiChic, on 27 July 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

This one in particular triggers me:

rhmb.jpg

Look at the tier 8s in the enemy team, 3 balanced heavy tanks in a team and a good super OP td. Unfortunate IS-5 didn't join the cluster ****

My team has a wide variety, looks like a perfect liberal party to me; different tanks different nation, and yet who comes out on top.

TLDR

Matchmaking can go suck a big one.

 

 

 

And down voted the top 2 players from enemy team. Salty b*tch






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users