Jump to content


Jackson v Hellcat: Which is the better ladt ditch brawler?

Last-ditch brawling emergency

  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the better last-ditch brawler, M36 or M18? (22 members have cast votes)

Which is the better last-ditch brawler?

  1. M36 Jackson (8 votes [36.36%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.36%

  2. Voted M18 Hellcat (14 votes [63.64%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #41 Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22250 battles
  • 2,969
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

View PostDiamond114, on 23 July 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

I really hate it when I'm brawling someone in a Hellcat and then out of nowhere a KV-2 ends me with his HE shell

I love doing that! Maybe I should stop so you guys dont rage and uninstall...


Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


_RB_33_ #42 Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 17 August 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

I love doing that! Maybe I should stop so you guys dont rage and uninstall...

 

Lol! The sarcasm is rich in that statement :)

 

Don't worry bro, no one's raging or uninstalling the game here :) it's just an ugly feeling to be in a Hellcat, your prey is just a shot or two away from being another score on your stats and then an opfor KV-2 shows up to sneeze at you and send you flying back into the garage in one shot :)))

 

Well, at least I have a 50% chance of survival in  Jackson whenever a KV-2 shows up ^_^;



Diamond114 #43 Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16281 battles
  • 2,230
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 17 August 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

I love doing that! Maybe I should stop so you guys dont rage and uninstall...

 

No hard feelings here bruh. It goes for any brawl I have that went pear shaped as soon as anothe enemy tank intervenes and turns the match into 1v2, but since I do it myself at an even worse odd for the other side, it is probably hypocritical to whine about it

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


_RB_33_ #44 Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

I would just like to share... That I somehow managed to bounce a point-blank missile shot from a T49A with the Jackson today :coin: Luck definitely played a part in it but I could never see the Hellcat being able to pull-off the same miracle bounce... Then again... Hellcats aren't supposed to be spotted anyway.

 

For those saying that its impossible, if I'm not mistaken, those guided missiles are practically HEAT rounds. If I was able to bounce KV-2 and or Su-152 HEAT shots with a Jackson before or even take a direct hit from them and still survive, ranging from barely alive to having 50% health left, why not the same against those high-speed missile shooters?


Edited by _RB_33_, 28 August 2017 - 05:55 PM.


Diamond114 #45 Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16281 battles
  • 2,230
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 29 August 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

I would just like to share... That I somehow managed to bounce a point-blank missile shot from a T49A with the Jackson today :coin: Luck definitely played a part in it but I could never see the Hellcat being able to pull-off the same miracle bounce... Then again... Hellcats aren't supposed to be spotted anyway.

 

For those saying that its impossible, if I'm not mistaken, those guided missiles are practically HEAT rounds. If I was able to bounce KV-2 and or Su-152 HEAT shots with a Jackson before or even take a direct hit from them and still survive, ranging from barely alive to having 50% health left, why not the same against those high-speed missile shooters?

 

Agree. Took one missile in the mantlet, only does 230 or so dmg. Probably he was spamming HE thinking I had thin armor.

On the flip side, got ammoracked from 235 health from a frontal hit once before.

 

Also try putting on Improved Armor on Jackson. That thing bounces even the Waffe point-blank range frontally, although the upper plate may still be vulnerable, and probably not much help against higher caliber guns.


"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


_RB_33_ #46 Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 30 August 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

 

Agree. Took one missile in the mantlet, only does 230 or so dmg. Probably he was spamming HE thinking I had thin armor.

On the flip side, got ammoracked from 235 health from a frontal hit once before.

 

Also try putting on Improved Armor on Jackson. That thing bounces even the Waffe point-blank range frontally, although the upper plate may still be vulnerable, and probably not much help against higher caliber guns.

 

Already put Improved Armor on my Jackson a long time ago. Never bothered with the mostly neglibigle benefit of the extra-hp equipment. Another thing that I've noticed with the Jackson is that most people seem to dismiss it as an easy target (can we blame them?) simply because of the Hellcat's rather obvious advantage of being able to literally shoot-and-scoot. And that same misconception lends the Jackson driver an additional psychological advantage in combat as a combatant who simply dismisses who opponent as "easy" is more prone to letting his guard down.

 

On the other hand, I've witnessed a lot players neglecting a spotted Hellcat in favor of more durable targets (can we blame them too?), thinking that whatever damage the Kitty dishes out on them, they can easily even the odds with a single shot courtesy of the Hellcat's almost non-existent armor.



Diamond114 #47 Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16281 battles
  • 2,230
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 09 September 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

 

Already put Improved Armor on my Jackson a long time ago. Never bothered with the mostly neglibigle benefit of the extra-hp equipment. Another thing that I've noticed with the Jackson is that most people seem to dismiss it as an easy target (can we blame them?) simply because of the Hellcat's rather obvious advantage of being able to literally shoot-and-scoot. And that same misconception lends the Jackson driver an additional psychological advantage in combat as a combatant who simply dismisses who opponent as "easy" is more prone to letting his guard down.

 

On the other hand, I've witnessed a lot players neglecting a spotted Hellcat in favor of more durable targets (can we blame them too?), thinking that whatever damage the Kitty dishes out on them, they can easily even the odds with a single shot courtesy of the Hellcat's almost non-existent armor.

 

​And of course by the time they turn their guns on the Hellcat they`ve already taken more damage than they can dish back with their guns.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


erwin10001 #48 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 39320 battles
  • 902
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

 

 

 

Finally! My first Hellcat  Ace Mastery. In order to achieve it, I had to get Top Gun, High Calibre,  Radley, and Kolobanov. 



_RB_33_ #49 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Posterwin10001, on 10 October 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

 

 

 

Finally! My first Hellcat  Ace Mastery. In order to achieve it, I had to get Top Gun, High Calibre,  Radley, and Kolobanov. 

 

Congrats on your M-Badge bro :) I'm not surprised that you had to perform exceptionally in the Hellcat to get an M-badge considering the number of players that are using it. Well done :)



erwin10001 #50 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 39320 battles
  • 902
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

I finally started playing the Jackson, and the XP requirements for Ace Mastery are not that high...

Being reasonably familiar with the Hellcat,  I need to adjust to the slowness of the Jackson and that instead of trying to run away, I need to stand my ground,  wriggle and bounce shots. The Jackson does has rather bouncy armor (sometimes)


Edited by erwin10001, 29 November 2017 - 11:26 AM.


_RB_33_ #51 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Posterwin10001, on 29 November 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

I finally started playing the Jackson, and the XP requirements for Ace Mastery are not that high...

Being reasonably familiar with the Hellcat,  I need to adjust to the slowness of the Jackson and that instead of trying to run away, I need to stand my ground,  wriggle and bounce shots. The Jackson does has rather bouncy armor (sometimes)

 

No wonder I wasn't able to get the M badge for the Jackson so far this week, congrats on your Jackson M-badge :) to answer your suspicion that the M-Badge requirements for the Jackson is somewhat low, it is simply because there aren't that many players who willingly play it. Again, most just breeze by it in going up the US turretless TD tech tree. Good job :)



xXYoloNoobSwagXx #52 Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:16 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22250 battles
  • 2,969
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

View Postsing2019, on 25 July 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Hellcat is an HE magnet. I can even get 1-shotted by a KV-2 when there isn't even one in the battle.

 

 

I tend to drive into trouble with the Hellcat and have much better results with the Jackson.

(Driving a KV2) Heeeere kitty kittyyy


Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


_RB_33_ #53 Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 01 December 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

(Driving a KV2) Heeeere kitty kittyyy

 

*heavy breathing intensifies*



erwin10001 #54 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 39320 battles
  • 902
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

Zloydd says they are going to buff Jackson....i think its too much to wish for a gun buff... more likely just a buff to traverse?

 

Playing more SU-100 than M36 because the recent buff to SU-100 makes it a lot of fun.... since every patch seems to come with nerfs and buff, guess its best to play the most recently buffed tanks... so can't wait for Jackson to be buffed.



_RB_33_ #55 Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Posterwin10001, on 26 December 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Zloydd says they are going to buff Jackson....i think its too much to wish for a gun buff... more likely just a buff to traverse?

 

Playing more SU-100 than M36 because the recent buff to SU-100 makes it a lot of fun.... since every patch seems to come with nerfs and buff, guess its best to play the most recently buffed tanks... so can't wait for Jackson to be buffed.

 

Tried searching up Zloydd and the info related to the Jackson buff that you've mentioned... Couldn't find any info on them... I agree with you that if they are going to buff the Jackson, it will most likely be under traverse. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the buff will be under acceleration, soft stats or even the gun itself.

 

By the way, I managed a Ras+M-Badge combo during the New Year revelry, done via brawling mostly. How do I post phitos here again?


Edited by _RB_33_, 01 January 2018 - 04:38 AM.


erwin10001 #56 Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 39320 battles
  • 902
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

View Post_RB_33_, on 01 January 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

 

Tried searching up Zloydd and the info related to the Jackson buff that you've mentioned... Couldn't find any info on them... I agree with you that if they are going to buff the Jackson, it will most likely be under traverse. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the buff will be under acceleration, soft stats or even the gun itself.

 

By the way, I managed a Ras+M-Badge combo during the New Year revelry, done via brawling mostly. How do I post phitos here again?

 

Wow Raisenial in Jackson!

 

Here's Zlloyds post:

http://forum.wotblit...392#entry203392



_RB_33_ #57 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21832 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View Posterwin10001, on 01 January 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

 

Wow Raisenial in Jackson!

 

Here's Zlloyds post:

http://forum.wotblit...392#entry203392

 

Thank you for the info bro :) I find it amusing and baffling that I missed out on a very recent news.

 

as for my the Ras, it was not the first time I got in the Jackson... But that incident was certainly the first time I got not only a Ras but an M-Badge as well. And the Jackson is the only tank in my garage that got the Ras. Sorry, can't help talking about my favorite. I did not even bother voting in this poll I made since I know I'll be biased about it :3

 

Now, how do I share the screenshot here? It's been a long time since I did so and imgur does not work with me at this time.


Edited by _RB_33_, 01 January 2018 - 08:16 AM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users