Secret armor parameter and SuperPershing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

krad55 #1 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5 battles

It has surfaced that there is a secret armor parameter called "homogenization", basically a "quality of armor". Not being very careful, developers have used this parameter for "+5% to armor" equipment implementation.

Under pressure, developers have admitted existence of this parameter, and said it's a "forgotten" leftover from initial game design where for historical purpose not all the armor was supposed to be the same, but it was never used... However, they said that even mostly this parameter is set to "1" for all vehicles, some vehicles may have this parameter different. It means, it has already been used for secret buffs and nerfs.

Now, some players have started to look at the game xml files and shockingly found this parameter "0" for some armor, namely additional armor plates (shields) of SuperPershing(!!!). Means, even armor is there, and showing in the hit skin, it's effectively 0mm thick.

According to some experiments, upper plate of SP can now be easily penetrated with HEAT.

JK_STONE #2 Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:05 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

View Postkrad55, on 19 June 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

It has surfaced that there is a secret armor parameter called "homogenization", basically a "quality of armor". Not being very careful, developers have used this parameter for "+5% to armor" equipment implementation.

Under pressure, developers have admitted existence of this parameter, and said it's a "forgotten" leftover from initial game design where for historical purpose not all the armor was supposed to be the same, but it was never used... However, they said that even mostly this parameter is set to "1" for all vehicles, some vehicles may have this parameter different. It means, it has already been used for secret buffs and nerfs.

Now, some players have started to look at the game xml files and shockingly found this parameter "0" for some armor, namely additional armor plates (shields) of SuperPershing(!!!). Means, even armor is there, and showing in the hit skin, it's effectively 0mm thick.

According to some experiments, upper plate of SP can now be easily penetrated with HEAT.

Not surprised at all... and this is probably not the 'only' hidden parameter in game.  

I'm sure there are many other dirty secrets that can be controlled on the server side that cannot be shared in public, you have already said too much!

Good luck on the battlefield!

krad55 #3 Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5 battles

View PostJK_STONE, on 19 June 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

Not surprised at all... and this is probably not the 'only' hidden parameter in game.  

I'm sure there are many other dirty secrets that can be controlled on the server side that cannot be shared in public, you have already said too much!

Yes, according to some reports, +/-25% RNG value to armor penetration is decided before the battle and does not change for every shot as damage does. But obviously, this is difficult to prove, however it perfectly explains what you see in the battle.

limjf04 #4 Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 8682 battles
  • [ISD]

View Postkrad55, on 19 June 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Yes, according to some reports, +/-25% RNG value to armor penetration is decided before the battle and does not change for every shot as damage does. But obviously, this is difficult to prove, however it perfectly explains what you see in the battle.

Well what do you know, RNG is not Random Number Generator but Rigged Number Generator, my suspicions have been proved correct.

Although unfortunately that means Stalin guided 152mm shells do not exist :(

A cheapsake's garage:

MS-1 (4 aces), Tetrarch, T2 Light, T7 Car, Pz.II J, BT-7 Artillery, Pz.S35 (2 aces), M3 Light, LTP, BT-SV, T-127 (1 ace), Pz.IV D, Hetzer Kame SP, A-32, Pz.IV Anko SP, Pz.III/IV, Crusader (1 ace),  Kuro Mori Mine, VK 28.01, KV-2, AMX 50 100, Tiger II, WT auf Pz.IV, E50,  Jagdtiger (1 ace), E100, Jagdpanzer E100 (1 ace)

Hmm I actually have lots of garage slots

Neb10k #5 Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 43492 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Pre game fits. Had games with weaker guns when I could not penn thin armor.

Sgt_Elias #6 Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:40 AM

Captain

• 50137 battles
  • [GRUMP]

View Postkrad55, on 19 June 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

I must say, while some people are going to say "conspiracy theory", it really does explain those battles. 

SonderAbteilung #7 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 36247 battles
  • [ASFOW]

RNG is not Rigged or Random. It means Russian Number Generator with WG. 

It is true sometimes. I have games that almost all pens or do high roll HE shots. But lately i see more and more. When i can 1 shot a tank. I really get a low damage roll. And need to shoot again . I already lost battles because of this. And it is very frustrating.  

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users