Community Question - Improve or Ditch Appraisals ? If Improve, then how ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Creighton_Abrams #1 Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 14197 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Hello All,

Well, as you all know I'm Personally fed up with this Appraisal system, and I guess, maybe a minority of us are also in the same boat - though perhaps are less vocal. (Apologies).

So, rather than continue to band my head against a that proverbial wall, why don't we all collectively voice our own opinions and decide whether the Appraisal system is good for the game - and if so, state why, and if not, what it should be replaced with (if anything), including how to avoid the current issues of misuse ?

What do you think ?

Perhaps, if we all have our say, then W.G. may be able to expand their thought base a bit to include some of ours....

Thanks in advance,

C.A.

Diamond114 #2 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:29 AM

Captain

• 14189 battles
  • [408]
Include more options both for praise and complaints, and make them available to appraise both teammates and OPFOR players. In particular the Unsporting Conduct and Provocative Communication should not be limited to teammates, but for players on the other team as well. There is a risk of further abuse, but it does seem like WG is cross-checking before they wield the ban hammer. 

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN

Adapt and overcome, there's no such thing as a bad tank, only bad drivers, bad teams, and bad luck

Creighton_Abrams #3 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 14197 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
According to the Support team, WG can neither verify nor deny claims made.

FYI. Also Appraisals can be made across both sides - it seems that if you use X number of a type of complaint then you don't get to use that complaint again until the next day.

How about de-anonymizing Appraisals ?

YodaJediMaster #4 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• 17847 battles
  • [ANZAC]

I think this honour system is a waste of pixels. It has made little to no difference in the game. I have seen a lot of players with a lot of negative marks against there names yet no penalties. Plus people giving you inactivity in battle when you where helping and get unlucky shots against you and you get a low score. The amount of people breaking the rules has increased lately AFKs, non team helpers who hide or drive in circles, plus others.

If they are going to be kept it needs to stop this negative marks against people that do help.

Increase the amount of praises and negatives for a player that has higher a stars.

Some sort of system that notifies WG that a player has a lot of negative marks against him so action can be taken.

I know a lot of people who hate this new system and they still say they send in the same amount of tickets as before the honour system.

I also got told to give your own clan members positive comments which I believe is unfair to others that do a good job and can make it one sided.

I seen one player with over 45 down marks against him yet he still had 3 stars as it looks like clan members gave him up marks to keep him from dropping down.

SonderAbteilung #5 Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 36247 battles
  • [ASFOW]
Yeah the system is good but the implementation suck . Typically wg style . Not wanting being taken responsible for their community. 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

Creighton_Abrams #6 Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 14197 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

From time to time I receive "UnSporting Conduct" or "Inactivity in Battle" for no fathomable reason other than perhaps that I'm in a Japanese Clan which meets with scorn from certain other Country based Clans - they don't need to reach out an message me anymore, they simply just hit one of the Complaint options.

Removing the anonymity from the Appraisals may help identify some of the players who are abusing the system.

I don't see how these Appraisal options can track down BOTs or continual AFK players - for example "Inactivity in Battle" is so vague, it could mean AFK or simply refer to a player who didn't excel and single handily win the match for the rest of the team...

YodaJediMaster #7 Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

Sergeant

• 17847 battles
  • [ANZAC]

I received an unsporting conduct because I did not do what a lower tier driver wanted the team to do. Yet I had 2nd highest damage in the team and 2 kills, I was in a sniper tank so I sniped away and this fool gives me unsporting which totally sucks.

This system sucks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users