Grinding guide?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Kabama04 #21 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

Sergeant

• 10213 battles
  • [LTEVL]

When I had my IS-3, I thought the BL-9 grind was bad... but then I bought the ISU... then the T-54...

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us.

-Space_Ape_Marksman

InvisibleShadow #22 Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9871 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostGreenFace, on 16 June 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

I personally like German in warfare matters before I play Blitz, but my experience to play it is a bit far from the expectance lol :D . Yeah, USSR has mobile and short reloading tanks ime, so you're right, maybe I start there as one of my initial preferences.

Last night I thought of something. Maybe I should pay TD line more consideration also. Not because of the class itself, but because of then I can cultivate TD Crew Skill (Camouflage) faster, and it would be a great benefit to all of my tanks. Whose TD line would you recommend?

About the Heavy, I thought about the role you've described. But maaan... My only HT (GuP) got crushed under 10 seconds almost EVERYTIME when it's in front of the line ROTFL :D .

But I understood what you really mean. I'll learn more :)

Some HTs just have sucky armor although they're "HTs". For example, the Tiger 1. In this game I love to meet Tiger 1s cos I find them easy to kill XD

As to your question on which TD line, I'll recommend the German TD line, the one that leads to the Jpz. E100, not the Grille. Although some might prefer Russian TDs, let me warn you that the higher tier Russian TDs are difficult to master. For example, I was playing my SU152 (Tier VII Russian TD), and I was so bad at it I rage quitted the entire line and sold my SU152. That was when I was a noob, but history repeated itself this year when I bought the tier IX Jagdtiger. Except that the only thing better about the Jagdtiger is it's RoF (rate of fire). But hey after Jagdtiger is the powerful tier X the Jpz. E100, so I gotta keep going now that I progressed this far on this line (German TD line). The rest of the German TDs are mostly enjoyable to play too...and some people are actually GOOD at the Jagdtiger...who knows you might be good at it. German TD line is pretty enjoyable all the way to tier 10. And along the way you'll realise some German TDs (e.g. JPanther ll) are seriously OP...so yeah I strongly recommend the German TD line leading to the Jpz. E100. Good luck 

Edited by InvisibleShadow, 23 June 2017 - 02:07 AM.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

InvisibleShadow #23 Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9871 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostGreenFace, on 16 June 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

Oh yeah... I've read it somewhere in the official website, that premium tanks are engineered in some way so they won't tip the game balance too much.

Aaah, I didn't have a chance to play Russian HT yet, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the heads-up, bro.

About premium tanks... they're supposed to be balanced, but recently premium tanks have been getting more and more OP.

I believe you met tanks called "Dracula", "Helsing", "Type 62" and "Lupus" when playing your Kuro. These 4 are good examples of very overpowered tier VII premium tanks, and I believe you found them very annoying if you 1 v 1 with them.

Take for instance the Dracula. It can reach speeds of 75km+/h in what, 8 seconds? Making it very hard to shoot. Then with the absolutely crushing rate of fire it has, it can take on almost ANY tier VII 1 on 1 and win. This is not supposed to be the case.

You'll have to learn how to deal with these OP premium tanks. Especially when you're playing tier 7/8 in particular.

GreenFace #24 Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

Sergeant

• 4259 battles
  • [MOMFU]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 23 June 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Some HTs just have sucky armor although they're "HTs". For example, the Tiger 1.

Lol... Yeah right :D

And having them makes me get those impossible level 5 or 6 missions (for my newbie standpoind), and in the process, make me broke too fast in credits :D

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

InvisibleShadow #25 Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9871 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostGreenFace, on 23 June 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

Lol... Yeah right :D

And having them makes me get those impossible level 5 or 6 missions (for my newbie standpoind), and in the process, make me broke too fast in credits :D

lol I just edited the post you quoted...read the rest :)

Outgunned__Unicum #26 Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:58 AM

Corporal

• 3167 battles
  • [VN-RB]
i advise you to grind 2 lines you enjoy from whatever nations and keep the tanks you enjoy

Edited by Outgunned__Unicum, 23 June 2017 - 08:00 AM.

"What doesn't kill me should RUN, cause NOW im pissed"

erwin10001 #27 Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17189 battles
  • [SEALZ]
I'm lucky I levelled up my TD crew skills while the meta and maps were still friendly to turretless TDs. Nowadays, life in a turretless TD is hard.

GreenFace #28 Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Sergeant

• 4259 battles
  • [MOMFU]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 23 June 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

As to your question on which TD line, I'll recommend the German TD line, the one that leads to the Jpz. E100, not the Grille.

How 'bout American TD? I have a really hard time to muster the turretless tanks, especially on solo, when the other guys just rushing forward and left the flank opens wide so then I've got raped by enemy's flankers :D . I don't have any experience of using those, because they're still 2 or 3 tiers above mine (I'm at tier 3-4 atm).

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 23 June 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

It can reach speeds of 75km+/h in what, 8 seconds? Making it very hard to shoot.

Jeez... Thank the almighty I haven't met that SOBs yet. BT-7s are already giving me headache, let alone that 75km/h lambo tank :D

View PostOutgunned__Unicum, on 23 June 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

i advise you to grind 2 lines you enjoy from whatever nations and keep the tanks you enjoy

Right now, I'm trying to grind German's line to Pz. III/IV because of the promised CC (I'm a credit biatch), and Soviet's BT-7 line, because I realize that I'm also a speed wh0re. The problem is it's hard to pick which one I like, because I like most of those fast tanks lol :D .

View Posterwin10001, on 23 June 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

I'm lucky I levelled up my TD crew skills while the meta and maps were still friendly to turretless TDs. Nowadays, life in a turretless TD is hard.

Yeah... Poor me I just know there's a mobile version of WOT less than a month ago... The curse of coming late :D

Edited by GreenFace, 24 June 2017 - 11:26 AM.

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

Creighton_Abrams #29 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15780 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
I wish I had started off with a Golden Spoon , so sadly I cant really offer any advice. Except to just keep sticking to your own goals, and ignore the Flak that some bad manned players may give you. (Though admittedly, that will be hard to do at times).

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 11 July 2017 - 08:25 PM.

Flavius303 #30 Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

Sergeant

• 37355 battles
  • [ECL_]

German TDs:

JPE100 is probably my least favorite tier X TD. 

Too freaking slow for my taste.

Grille is better for me, but yeah, you can't bounce anything in Grille, so different play style.

JP2 is a beast at tier 8 VIII.

Borsig is also a bunch of fun. Waffeltraktor takes some getting used to because of gun depression/elevation limitations (and again, paper armor).

Jagdtiger has legendary DPM, and not too slow to handle.

Also a favorite.

UK TDs:

Tortoise was truly OP before the nerf. Even after nerf it can crush with its high DPM, but it has become more dependent on a supporting team, and it seems that everybody has now learned to shoot the cupola weak spot (put a HESH there with 183 and see what happens).

Deathstar should not be your first tier X tank, but it should be on your list, because... 183mm of HESH! :)

Russian TDs:

268 used to be more fun. Now even prammo got cheaper, so you're not bouncing as much as you used to. Should be played rather aggressively, assault TD style.

263 is still one of my favorite TDs. Play super aggressive, second line at the beginning, then assault and brawl. It bounces more shells than it deserves, and that gun, WOW!

American TDs:

E3 is almost invincible straight from the front. Snipe or second line early. Assault and brawl later.

E4 is the one that I still haven't gotten the hang of. E4 and JPE100 have the lowest WR of all tier X TDs for me. 

It's not a bad tank. I just haven't learned it well. I do play it more like a heavy than a TD, but even so, it's next on my list of WRs to improve.

Honestly though, if you're grinding to tier X for the first time, I really wouldn't go for the TDs. I'd go for one or two legendary HTs or MTs, likely the Russians (IS-7/4, 140/62A). E100 is also a good candidate.

sarthak678 #31 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Corporal

• 9410 battles
  • [-TH1-]

View PostKabama04, on 23 June 2017 - 12:37 AM, said:

When I had my IS-3, I thought the BL-9 grind was bad... but then I bought the ISU... then the T-54...

I know that feel. Grinding out the t54 was one of the most painful things I have done. At least I got both guns before the MT nerfs so I no don't have to go into a 50k loss every time I fire more than one round in the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users