#*!* Supremacy missions!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Sam_of_the_Shire #1 Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

Corporal

• 1786 battles
  • [SHIRE]

I know this has been done to death but I need to rant and perhaps, one day, Wargaming will hear a vague cry from their (apparently increasing) unhappy players if we keep it alive. 

I had a Supremacy mission among my missions tonight and figured I would knock them off before turning in. The two non-Supremacy missions were done in the first two battles. Over a dozen (12) missions later and still no Supremacy mission. It's one thing to struggle to complete it (say, if you get that ridiculous "Retaliation" mission) but to not even be given the chance to do so? 

Yeah, thanks, Wargaming. 

I want to call that idiotic, that there should be a mode to play only Supremacy battles so that you can get a chance to complete these missions, but really I'm the idiot for sticking with the game when update 3.8 made it clear they aren't interested in satisfied players who play the game long-term and reason about how it all works. They want new players who haven't figured out they're getting the shaft, being milked for their money, until after they've already spent some. 

Well, perhaps I'm not totally stupid because I did stop playing the game entirely after 3.8. I just came back to get the Kuro from the event. Couldn't resist it, just want it in my garage. I will shelve the game again when I have it.

Edited by Sam_of_the_Shire, 12 June 2017 - 04:33 PM.

The__Trooper #2 Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Corporal

• 715 battles
  • [AUSIE]
Or just give us the option to not have the stupid Supremacy missions in the first place. Apparently, that's "too difficult" for them to implement. Funny that their own code base is too convoluted for them to be able to change that. 

fjvhk #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:46 AM

Sergeant

• 24856 battles
  • [ARMD]

View PostSam_of_the_Shire, on 13 June 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

I know this has been done to death but I need to rant and perhaps, one day, Wargaming will hear a vague cry from their (apparently increasing) unhappy players if we keep it alive. 

I had a Supremacy mission among my missions tonight and figured I would knock them off before turning in. The two non-Supremacy missions were done in the first two battles. Over a dozen (12) missions later and still no Supremacy mission. It's one thing to struggle to complete it (say, if you get that ridiculous "Retaliation" mission) but to not even be given the chance to do so? 

10 votes already...

Extremely frustrating, especially at inappropriate tiers.

Hey WG - do missions need to be so "random" ? 

It should not be difficult to allow players to specify preferred tier level and modes of mission. The missions assigned at the  preferred tier and mode could still be randomly selected from the list of 30+ mission types. Mission assignment happens once per reset and does not require coordinating with other players like the MM. It is not a real time operation.

SteveHat #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

Corporal

• 7129 battles
  • [ANZUS]
Another solution would be to remove the Supremacy off option thus increasing the pool of players available for Supremacy and the likelihood of getting the games. 

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

Captain

• 12347 battles
  • [WOTSG]
Add in encounter battles mission only

Sign this petition against AFKs, Bots, and Trolls

https://www.change.o...olators-in-wotb

Lore's: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart

iamSamRock #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 37624 battles

had 3 tier 5 supremacy missions, used one chance to skip the mission, ba-dum-tss got another supremacy mission. you know it's really so hard to get a supremacy match on tier 5? the chances of you having 1 tier 4 tank is so high so, no no to supremacy match there. then you got tier 5 and with tier 6 and awful lot of times, they are not supremacy matches. started way before first mission reset, able to complete all 3 missions just about 30 mins before second mission reset. i played non stop tier 5 (maybe lunch break).

the supremacy mission design is so awful. there are supremacy missions even if you don't play one for weeks.
INSERT ** blah blah * missions are designed to make you play * blah blah ** RESPONSE.

krad55 #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5 battles

View PostSteveHat, on 13 June 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

Another solution would be to remove the Supremacy off option thus increasing the pool of players available for Supremacy and the likelihood of getting the games. 

It is not a solution.

I am playing more than 50% supremacy games, and there are enough players for that. However, as soon I have a supremacy mission (and especially so if I have only a supremacy mission left), all the supremacy players disappear and I only have "encounter" battles, maybe more than 20 in a row. And, as soon as I finally manage to complete the mission, it's again enough players and I am getting mostly supremacy battles again.

Old_Gandalf #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

Captain

• 51066 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Postkrad55, on 13 June 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

It is not a solution.

I am playing more than 50% supremacy games, and there are enough players for that. However, as soon I have a supremacy mission (and especially so if I have only a supremacy mission left), all the supremacy players disappear and I only have "encounter" battles, maybe more than 20 in a row. And, as soon as I finally manage to complete the mission, it's again enough players and I am getting mostly supremacy battles again.

This is my experience too. I waited an age for a Supremacy battle (playing tier 6) then, once I had completed it, had almost nothing but Supremacy battles for the rest of the night. 

Want to see how often you can get Supremacy battles? Platoon with someone who doesn't like them and leave your Supremacy setting on. :D

"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay."

fjvhk #9 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

Sergeant

• 24856 battles
  • [ARMD]

View Postkrad55, on 13 June 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

... And, as soon as I finally manage to complete the mission, it's again enough players and I am getting mostly supremacy battles again.

Hmm, conveniently keeping the overall occurrence of supremacy mode battles reasonable.

LMC_ace #10 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

Corporal

• 23869 battles
  • [ARMD]

Wish they can merge the missions somewhat

Like earn a certain number of cap points (both modes)

Or defence points

Or just make sure players get supermancy say one in three matches by creating a separate queue

I understand they can't just remove the missions but at least show the community you are trying.

lmc_ace_rudy_eng.jpeg

Top 30 In the 50 100 and T69

Smash that plat button, happy to teach or learn anytime

Hope for the ammoracks, Plan for the worst

The_Blackclaw #11 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:08 AM

Corporal

• 31041 battles
  • [GRUMP]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 13 June 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

This is my experience too. I waited an age for a Supremacy battle (playing tier 6) then, once I had completed it, had almost nothing but Supremacy battles for the rest of the night. 

Want to see how often you can get Supremacy battles? Platoon with someone who doesn't like them and leave your Supremacy setting on. :D

Who doesn't like Supremacy? It's the fastest way to score a win.

VV6_9487 #12 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

Corporal

• 1137 battles
  • [SH4FT]

View PostThe_Blackclaw, on 14 June 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

Well, it all depends on personal taste and preference.

Apparently 'many' people don't like supremacy, and only play supremacy to complete a mission.

Do you like it because it's an easy win or other reasons, i.e. strategy?

InvisibleShadow #13 Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9984 battles
  • [ASFOW]

Personally I keep my supremacy mode on and oftentimes when I plat with people they tell me to turn it off 

I understand people get annoyed when you're supposed to win but lose due to supremacy points...but hey there have also been those times when your team was supposed to lose but you win cos of supremacy lol

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #14 Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

Captain

• 12347 battles
  • [WOTSG]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 14 June 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Personally I keep my supremacy mode on and oftentimes when I plat with people they tell me to turn it off 

I understand people get annoyed when you're supposed to win but lose due to supremacy points...but hey there have also been those times when your team was supposed to lose but you win cos of supremacy lol

happened to me. It ended 1v7 and we had 960 points. This foolish hellcat tried to 1v1 me but I ome shotted him in my KV2. Kolobanov.

Sign this petition against AFKs, Bots, and Trolls

https://www.change.o...olators-in-wotb

Lore's: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart

The_Blackclaw #15 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

Corporal

• 31041 battles
  • [GRUMP]

View PostVV6_9487, on 14 June 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Well, it all depends on personal taste and preference.

Apparently 'many' people don't like supremacy, and only play supremacy to complete a mission.

Do you like it because it's an easy win or other reasons, i.e. strategy?

Weeeelll... I like it because of the easy wins. If you have a good strategy(ies) then its pretty easy to score a victory no matter how silly your team is being. You need a good platoon mate though, but that's another story.

DimKyon #16 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 12710 battles
  • [FEAST]

It's so frustrating when you turn off supremacy battle yet you still got supremacy mission :izmena:

WG pls fix this

FEAST ON!
Don't click

Old_Gandalf #17 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:49 AM

Captain

• 51066 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostThe_Blackclaw, on 14 June 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

One fairly obvious case is when you are playing tier 5. If you get a Supremacy battle, you are always lower tier. Not everyone enjoys the challenge of being lower tier. 

As someone who has played a lot of tier 5 (my favourite tier), I can tell you that having Supremacy mode on makes a significant difference to the number of battles in which you are lower tier. Have it turned off and you are higher tier more than half the time (even if you statistically shouldn't be).

"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay."

The_Blackclaw #18 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

Corporal

• 31041 battles
  • [GRUMP]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 15 June 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

One fairly obvious case is when you are playing tier 5. If you get a Supremacy battle, you are always lower tier. Not everyone enjoys the challenge of being lower tier. 

As someone who has played a lot of tier 5 (my favourite tier), I can tell you that having Supremacy mode on makes a significant difference to the number of battles in which you are lower tier. Have it turned off and you are higher tier more than half the time (even if you statistically shouldn't be).

I'll bet you a banana that if we plat at tier 5 we will win 80% of any supremacy missions that show up.

Old_Gandalf #19 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

Captain

• 51066 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostThe_Blackclaw, on 15 June 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'll bet you a banana that if we plat at tier 5 we will win 80% of any supremacy missions that show up.

A banana, you say? Hmmm... I do like bananas... I believe you're right though, a platoon can make a big difference, especially if at least one of the members knows how to play Supremacy effectively. :)

erwin10001 #20 Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 18251 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostThe_Blackclaw, on 15 June 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

There is no need to bet.  I've platooned with gandalf before at tier 5 and 80% with him on your side is no problem at all.  

Edited by erwin10001, 15 June 2017 - 03:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users