Honour rating review 2

review honour rating system dev moderators help

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JuckslasherZ #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

Corporal

• 4175 battles
Ok i have complained about this honour system before i had a response that made me feel better but i have also been told that the system trys to balance out to three stars which i'm also fine about but you can't tell me that this honour system is propally balanced because i have been playing a solid 16 hours in the past two days and just before i was on 14 positive and 2 negative ratings then after one random good match of fine i lost a star and no for you wondering if i got more negative ratings no i did not i had in one battle lost two of my positive ratings....How.Does.That.Happen. Why did i just randomly lose two ratings?

P.s. This Signature also takes like a week to a month to update so it will be roughly where i'm at. 

Maddoxkkm #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

Captain

• 26661 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostJuckslasherZ, on 06 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Ok i have complained about this honour system before i had a response that made me feel better but i have also been told that the system trys to balance out to three stars which i'm also fine about but you can't tell me that this honour system is propally balanced because i have been playing a solid 16 hours in the past two days and just before i was on 14 positive and 2 negative ratings then after one random good match of fine i lost a star and no for you wondering if i got more negative ratings no i did not i had in one battle lost two of my positive ratings....How.Does.That.Happen. Why did i just randomly lose two ratings?

Some paragrahping needed..... 

But as far as I am knowing, every complment and complaint lasts for a few days and it will be erased from your record, which means if you don't receive any complaints or compliments over a few days, your number of complaints and compliments will be tends to 0, which will cause your stars to return to 3.

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

JuckslasherZ #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

Corporal

• 4175 battles

omg WG stop i just went from 14 to 9 positive and dropping like mad.

And i have been gaining positive ratings in the past few days and for it to drop a match after i get it pisses me off.

I prefer to keep ratings like worthy opponent since people in the blitz community are as stingy as anything so actually getting a worthy opponent makes me feel great then all of a sudden to lose it a few bloody matches later is completely stupid.

P.s. This Signature also takes like a week to a month to update so it will be roughly where i'm at. 

JuckslasherZ #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:26 AM

Corporal

• 4175 battles

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 06 June 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Some paragrahping needed..... 

But as far as I am knowing, every complment and complaint lasts for a few days and it will be erased from your record, which means if you don't receive any complaints or compliments over a few days, your number of complaints and compliments will be tends to 0, which will cause your stars to return to 3.

wait is that the legit maddox :D

Maddoxkkm #5 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

Captain

• 26661 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostJuckslasherZ, on 06 June 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

wait is that the legit maddox :D

nope.... this is just your illusion  :hiding:

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

JuckslasherZ #6 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

Corporal

• 4175 battles

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 06 June 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

nope.... this is just your illusion  :hiding:

try to find me in your discord group ;)

JuckslasherZ #7 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Corporal

• 4175 battles
Also i have been reading producer posts about the honour system and how it mentioned that the system works around 2-3 days for resetting and my only opinion on that is it's too short of a time since people that do deserve negative rating recover from them to quickly likewise for those who deserve good ratings XD i like being seen as useful i guess and am completely sorry for posting all this [edited]and want to say sorry for it i'm no longer gonna post about the honour system and it's flaws i just straight up ignore it and never vote positive or negative for people in my games.

Neb10k #8 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46551 battles
  • [HAVOC]

There is a logic to it - it means you can make amends for past wrongs by playing nice and that you can also go backwards if your behaviour slips

So let's say you drink a lot of rum and call everyone $&@$ing ()$&)s. If it were permanent you might think "oh well, might as well be like that all the time". The sliding memory allows redemption.

I think for me that I will hover at a constant 4-5 with the occasional complaint from disgruntled losers but otherwise positive ratings. But I don't care.

I would care if I got a reward every time I reached the top rating. They would need to stop feedback from clan/platoon mates to do this. Maybe 500 rare parts?

Farlesquew #9 Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28292 battles
  • [HAVOC]

View PostNeb10k, on 07 June 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

I would care if I got a reward every time I reached the top rating. They would need to stop feedback from clan/platoon mates to do this. Maybe 500 rare parts?

Nice idea, though it would only add incentive to those who like to troll. 

The 3-ish day period does have the (I'd assume unintended) consequence of rewarding highly active players much, much more than casual, occasional players. I supposedly average 45 game per day, so appraisals can rack up quickly and be frequently refreshed. But what about the poor tanker who only plays a few games a day, how are they ever going to get ahead of the 'appraisal refresh'? 

I don't know how the system actually works, but I'd hope that to avoid the above possible preferencing in favour of obsessive players (like myself), that the system might refresh appraisal ratings after 'x' battles. I.e., any individual appraisal rating may only stay active for the next 100 battles (an example number), rather than a flat 3 days?

Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.

Ambulant #10 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

Sergeant

• 32098 battles
  • [FLAME]

View PostNeb10k, on 06 June 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

There is a logic to it - it means you can make amends for past wrongs by playing nice and that you can also go backwards if your behaviour slips

So let's say you drink a lot of rum and call everyone $&@$ing ()$&)s. If it were permanent you might think "oh well, might as well be like that all the time". The sliding memory allows redemption.

I think for me that I will hover at a constant 4-5 with the occasional complaint from disgruntled losers but otherwise positive ratings. But I don't care.

But isn't that what friends are for? On a serious note, the reset feature allows redemption and also encourages consistency. The fact that players get more votes to dish out when they are higher ranked also encourages self policing. Don't worry about the sore losers who give you complaints, they are minority and will have been caught out for bad behaviour so they will never have more than 3 stars. The good players have more votes, do the maths is good here.

SteveHat #11 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

Sergeant

• 7842 battles
  • [ANZUS]
Ha - got my first negative today. Inactivity in battle. I'm assuming it was one of the losing players in a Supremacy match that didn't like losing to a light tank when they had two heavies left. I second top scored btw. Very funny as long as you're winning ;)

Also tagged with review, honour, rating, system, dev, moderators, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users