Jump to content


3.10 and addressing spare parts


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Redback_Bluegum #1 Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14214 battles
  • 247
  • [GRUMP]
  • Member since:
    09-25-2016

WG's 3.8 update changed the equipment system and brought in the spare parts fiasco to great unrest in the player base. 

 

WG released their developer video in response.  Putting aside the arrogance of that obnoxious video, WG said they'd monitor the situation and respond if appropriate (or words to that effect).

 

Player numbers are down circa 30% (refer recent thread).  Presumably revenue is also down.

 

Update 3.9 did not address the issue.

 

Do you think WG will address spare parts in 3.10?  Have WG given any indication that they will address the spare parts issue?

 

 


http://www.blitzstars.com/player/asia/Redback_Bluegum

 

Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your own two ears


Neb10k #2 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46321 battles
  • 944
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Yep, they will let us buy them.

Arakasy #3 Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9437 battles
  • 138
  • [R1]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Well at least that's something

Neb10k #4 Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46321 battles
  • 944
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
It was bleak humor

Destroyer123_defender #5 Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 7837 battles
  • 1,202
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

Well what I know WG is that they will start selling them in bundles or packs with overpriced gold. Enrichment program was a total disappointment because who wants to waste like 10k gold to raise their tank's credit coefficiency?



Redback_Bluegum #6 Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14214 battles
  • 247
  • [GRUMP]
  • Member since:
    09-25-2016
I truely hope WG fix the 3.8 [edited] up by providing appropriate compensation.  I could tolerate a gold for sparts scenario if i could equip all my tanks for $100 or so.  But if WG remain stingy .... i cant see myself continuing to grind sparts at snails pace.

http://www.blitzstars.com/player/asia/Redback_Bluegum

 

Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your own two ears


thaiger21 #7 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 28363 battles
  • 212
  • [MMI]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
I just wish they would stop issueing supremacy missions when you have opted out of supremacy mode......it really cant be that difficult.

Oddball__ #8 Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22245 battles
  • 444
  • [FEAST]
  • Member since:
    12-22-2014

The spare parts economy is just terrible. How they haven't understood this or addressed it is beyond me. I play 95% of my tanks with 5 pieces of equipment. I have some that have 6 pieces. I have 0 tanks with 7 or more pieces of equipment. It takes forever to make enough spare sharts for a tank. I have now become accustomed to playing with inferior perks.

 

I have a strong feeling the issue will be swept under the rug and never addressed or redesigned. In one of the videos they explain the all the choices and how change is good. But in the end we basically use the same equipment, so essentially their goal of getting players to use different equipment set ups is not being achieved because we A) can't even fully equipment our vehicles or B) we use the same thing for the same class. 


Edited by Oddball__, 07 June 2017 - 04:19 PM.


Farlesquew #9 Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 27970 battles
  • 422
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2015

View PostOddball__, on 08 June 2017 - 01:46 AM, said:

The spare parts economy is just terrible. How they haven't understood this or addressed it is beyond me. I play 95% of my tanks with 5 pieces of equipment. I have some that have 6 pieces. I have 0 tanks with 7 or more pieces of equipment. It takes forever to make enough spare sharts for a tank. I have now become accustomed to playing with inferior perks.

 

I have a strong feeling the issue will be swept under the rug and never addressed or redesigned. In one of the videos they explain the all the choices and how change is good. But in the end we basically use the same equipment, so essentially their goal of getting players to use different equipment set ups is not being achieved because we A) can't even fully equipment our vehicles or B) we use the same thing for the same class. 

 

The 'stated aim' of creating diversity in equipment choices was never going to fly, ever. 

 

In a previous game I found it useful to be able to access optional builds because you'd know what kind of 'meta' or challenges I'd be facing in any particular 'instance' (or raid or dungeon, etc.). I'd also know the 'team' make-up for that instance and be able to adjust my build accordingly. Good times. But the MM in Blitz means that we have no idea what we'll face, not whether we'll be top tier or bottom tier, nor whether we'll be the only TD or one of 6 heavy tanks on our team. 

 

So with that inescapable, inherent and over-riding unknown, the vast majority of tankers are inevitably going to gravitate to a core equipment set with almost zero deviation. It's the safest, most efficient option and it was always going to be this way. I cannot imagine that the devs believed otherwise? Therefore 'choice' was never the aim of 3.8 (unless we actually believe that WG are driveling idiots; hint: never underestimate your enemy). 

 

The entire intent of 3.8 was clearly an effort to reset the game. To thus extend the potential life of the game. Okay, so we all look a full round-house kick to the face (progressively worse the larger your established garage) but it's looking like WG decided to take the gamble as to how that would work out.

 

Looking at the login stats that Redback has linked to elsewhere (~32% decline) and the likelihood that player expenditure rates are even worse (i.e., I and others I know are playing again but our credit cards are not), it's 'sort of' interesting watching this game of chicken play out :popcorn:

 

I'd argue they've set the grind way too extreme, given some people's calculations (i.e., 500 games in a tank to fully equip it; or 7 years for some players to rebuild massive garages) but as a starting position why not? Let's consider it an 'opening bid' in a rather one-sided set of negotiations? 

 

WG are undoubtedly totally focused on the revenue graph and gauging how much they might need to nudge up the Sparts accessibility to stem the income loss versus how long they can keep the grind in order to maximize the potential overall lifespan (income potential) of the game.

 

TL;DR  It was NEVER about equipment choice. That was just the sales spin. It's about resetting the game to a much longer grind.


Edited by Farlesquew, 08 June 2017 - 11:51 AM.

Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.


Neb10k #10 Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46321 battles
  • 944
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Or about resetting tank performance in a global nerf.

I would be interested to know how maxed out stats compare before and after. I think the option of vents being limited to certain tanks is informative.

Gandalf_Greyhame #11 Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 52119 battles
  • 2,073
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View PostFarlesquew, on 08 June 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

 

The 'stated aim' of creating diversity in equipment choices was never going to fly, ever. 

 

In a previous game I found it useful to be able to access optional builds because you'd know what kind of 'meta' or challenges I'd be facing in any particular 'instance' (or raid or dungeon, etc.). I'd also know the 'team' make-up for that instance and be able to adjust my build accordingly. Good times. But the MM in Blitz means that we have no idea what we'll face, not whether we'll be top tier or bottom tier, nor whether we'll be the only TD or one of 6 heavy tanks on our team. 

 

So with that inescapable, inherent and over-riding unknown, the vast majority of tankers are inevitably going to gravitate to a core equipment set with almost zero deviation. It's the safest, most efficient option and it was always going to be this way. I cannot imagine that the devs believed otherwise? Therefore 'choice' was never the aim of 3.8 (unless we actually believe that WG are driveling idiots; hint: never underestimate your enemy). 

 

The entire intent of 3.8 was clearly an effort to reset the game. To thus extend the potential life of the game. Okay, so we all look a full round-house kick to the face (progressively worse the larger your established garage) but it's looking like WG decided to take the gamble as to how that would work out.

 

Looking at the login stats that Redback has linked to elsewhere (~32% decline) and the likelihood that player expenditure rates are even worse (i.e., I and others I know are playing again but our credit cards are not), it's 'sort of' interesting watching this game of chicken play out :popcorn:

 

I'd argue they've set the grind way too extreme, given some people's calculations (i.e., 500 games in a tank to fully equip it; or 7 years for some players to rebuild massive garages) but as a starting position why not? Let's consider it an 'opening bid' in a rather one-sided set of negotiations? 

 

WG are undoubtedly totally focused on the revenue graph and gauging how much they might need to nudge up the Sparts accessibility to stem the income loss versus how long they can keep the grind in order to maximize the potential overall lifespan (income potential) of the game.

 

TL;DR  It was NEVER about equipment choice. That was just the sales spin. It's about resetting the game to a much longer grind.

 

Damn, Farley, you should start a blog or your own YouTube channel or something because you certainly have a way with words. So eloquently put and so accurate.


"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay."

 


Neb10k #12 Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46321 battles
  • 944
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
If point was to nerf, then the grind is meant to be near impossible and there won't be a change in rare parts.

erwin10001 #13 Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 19679 battles
  • 395
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

Currently rare parts affects both free to play and pay to win players, so the misery is spread evenly which could be the "lesser to 2 evils."

 

If WG allows rare parts to be purchased with gold, and starts selling Premium tanks + rare parts (instead of boosters), would this lead to accusations of the greater evil, "pay to win?"

 

 



Farlesquew #14 Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:00 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 27970 battles
  • 422
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2015

View PostNeb10k, on 09 June 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

Or about resetting tank performance in a global nerf.

I would be interested to know how maxed out stats compare before and after. I think the option of vents being limited to certain tanks is informative.

 

Hm, your comment makes me think it of it as large scale/global re-balance rather than a simple nerf (that may be what you meant?). Line up the selective vents availability, the removal of binocs, etc., with the nerfing to prammo damage and that signifies a global re-balancing. Must be the reason I logged into a battle last night as one of 6 heavies on my team facing 5 heavies on the reds? 

 


Edited by Farlesquew, 09 June 2017 - 01:19 AM.

Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.


mrcg82_T55 #15 Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 28505 battles
  • 128
  • [MYTH_]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

in my opinion the spare parts issue will fade away in couple of update later..it's nature for human to adopt a new condition when time passed (that why they said the issue will solve by itself in time ;)..never underestimate the russian)..i played like 2000-3000 battles after update 3.8 and noticed the spare part can give u the advantage but not by a big margin except in tournament ...most tanks if not all still enjoyable to drive even with only 3 basic slots unlocked. Yes i agree with Farlesquew comment above ...most senior players if not all already unlocked all the tanks thus making they play objective less i.e: less fun in games perspective and later WOTB will become like other games when players beat the game and start fading away. (yup soldiers never died they just..fade away)

 

if i recall correctly the most challenging and interesting part of this game is my first few lines from t2 to t8 and after that the progress really fast as my skill grows..now most senior players unlock a new line/branch when WG introduced just within few days to a week..it's to fast for WG standard. i think they try redistribute the player objectives and make the grinding a bit interesting with credit, free xp, combat xp, boosters and spare parts..and...and...(to be add later)

 

 



Neb10k #16 Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:36 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46321 battles
  • 944
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostFarlesquew, on 09 June 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

 

Hm, your comment makes me think it of it as large scale/global re-balance rather than a simple nerf (that may be what you meant?). Line up the selective vents availability, the removal of binocs, etc., with the nerfing to prammo damage and that signifies a global re-balancing. Must be the reason I logged into a battle last night as one of 6 heavies on my team facing 5 heavies on the reds? 

 

 

Yep, rebalance is a better description - glad I thought of it.

 

Yes, heavies come out the winner but suffer from gun accuracy. Just been grinding parts for m103 and e75....



Neb10k #17 Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:36 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46321 battles
  • 944
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostFarlesquew, on 09 June 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

 

Hm, your comment makes me think it of it as large scale/global re-balance rather than a simple nerf (that may be what you meant?). Line up the selective vents availability, the removal of binocs, etc., with the nerfing to prammo damage and that signifies a global re-balancing. Must be the reason I logged into a battle last night as one of 6 heavies on my team facing 5 heavies on the reds? 

 

 

To WGs credit I think they might see heavies as the essence of the game, which is good.

 

My opinion is that a team should be 4 hts, 2 M/LTs and one TD. HTs should be the core of a team. When you have teams that are all MT or single shot TDs, and the MTs win the games something is wrong. It should be hard for a MT to kill a heavy. Before 3.8 heavies were sluggish and a liability, often. So there was an issue. Partly it was that good players chose MTs mainly. And there was a reason why.

 

I hate the way 3.8 was rolled out, but think it is true that you don't need to unlock all equipment. The overall impact is positive except many good players are no longer playing and we all feel a need to grind parts that are actually not always needed (e.g. You need improved armor and engine to get V-stab.

 

 


Edited by Neb10k, 10 June 2017 - 04:46 AM.


RenamedUser_2014147701 #18 Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 21332 battles
  • 10
  • [-IN-]
  • Member since:
    09-23-2016

View PostRedback_Bluegum, on 04 June 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

WG's 3.8 update changed the equipment system and brought in the spare parts fiasco to great unrest in the player base. 

 

WG released their developer video in response.  Putting aside the arrogance of that obnoxious video, WG said they'd monitor the situation and respond if appropriate (or words to that effect).

 

Player numbers are down circa 30% (refer recent thread).  Presumably revenue is also down.

 

Update 3.9 did not address the issue.

 

Do you think WG will address spare parts in 3.10?  Have WG given any indication that they will address the spare parts issue?

 

 

I just wanted to say this,

 

1. After this spare parts introduction​, my speed of getting new line complete or buying a new tank on every week is just stopped.

Also not able to mastery that tank, which have no equipment or less equipment.

 

So now i m not able to keep that pace to aquire t10 faster.

 

2. Please remove this equipment system, or make it easy, so everyone can aquire or equip all equipment in tank to all his tank collection.

 

3. And also, please increase the drop rate of spare parts in every match according to players performance. Also give higher spare parts amount in daily mission.

 

Thanks & Regards

Nilesh_Chauhan.



2Destroyerz #19 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6552 battles
  • 151
  • [ANZ]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2016
Just bring back the old equipment system for gods sake. They're (WG) making my, and many others' lives full of Endless Grinding Of Sparts.

 

Illuminati Confirmed  


Bokuno_Pico #20 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 13531 battles
  • 100
  • [_POI_]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2015
Im not gonna spend even a dime more on this game until devs fix this

絢瀬 絵里

なんちゃって

 





10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users