Reviewing the Ins and Outs of the Military Honor system

honor abuse

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

chris020 #41 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

Corporal

• 6060 battles

My opinion is like others,

Back then before this system was implemented,how one would wage their rage on players who did not deserve it is by sending them a hostile message,nowadays,they would send a false complaint,i just encountered a kv 2 player today who got mad at a IS player for some unknown reason and then he(the kv 2 player)started claiming that he would give the IS player a complaint,theres something that gives those who abuses the military honor system a advantage,no one knows who gave them the complaint(unless they claimed responsibility for giving u the complaint which is not smart),if they were to send you a angry message,its better then being given a complaint because:

1.their username,clan is shown

2.you got a opportunity to take a photo of the message by screenshot

3.you can report these players easily with the above mentioned points

Im not offering suggestions,since i cannot think of one but its pretty important that you guys should do something about this

chris020

Solo player

Creighton_Abrams #42 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Its a bit hard to capture some of the comments during game-play if you're actively playing the game - which sort of makes those "Inactive" appraisals a complete and utter lie. And unfortunately, contrary to what has been falsely advertised, the Support staff can not review any appeals you make in order to adjust your rating.  Its just like the venus fly-trap Training room that's recently surfaced, seriously don't enter a training room with someone you don't know, they can hold you there forever for ransom! (so as has been reported today!).

Just like Win Rates, the Appraisals system is making the whole game a bit of a farce, especially as all the tanks get NERFed and those videos you're watching on u-tube, become useless.

The Match-marking process hasn't caught up, with the latest changes, so everything is skewed towards those with $ and who have been here a lot longer (say ~ 2013/2014 period) than others.

Creighton_Abrams #43 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Q. Do any other players think that the Appraisals system is allowing online Bullying anonymously ?

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 10 July 2017 - 07:14 PM.

GreenFace #44 Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Sergeant

• 14631 battles
  • [MOMFU]
I don't know if this is true or not, but maybe the system isn't telling something about us? Maybe it's just a placebo for the people who feel the need to report player this and report player that everytime he meet the players he doesn't like? The system will make him feel false satisfaction, so he doesn't feel the need to send tickets anymore. One less ticket, one less work for WG :)

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

Creighton_Abrams #45 Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Not really, though it does save the Trolls from having to type messages to the player in order to cause Upset/Distress/Frustration.... and thereby it satisfies their goal and in an anonymous way... perfect for the wanna-be Troll.

GreenFace #46 Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Sergeant

• 14631 battles
  • [MOMFU]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 12 July 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

Not really, though it does save the Trolls from having to type messages to the player in order to cause Upset/Distress/Frustration.... and thereby it satisfies their goal and in an anonymous way... perfect for the wanna-be Troll.

That's what I was talking about. It satisfies them, we ignored it, and WG lost some portions of the complaint. Everybody wins :S

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

Creighton_Abrams #47 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Anyway, the Trolls win in my case - they are right, I'm worse than useless, and shouldn't play Games, especially Online ones, and WG's Appraisal system simply just reinforces that for them.  So, in short, I guess I should be offering my Goodbyes to this game and focus upon other more real life matters instead.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 13 July 2017 - 05:24 PM.

Creighton_Abrams #48 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

---

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 13 July 2017 - 05:25 PM.

BoldTanker #49 Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Private

• 66124 battles
  • [R0RY]
In some situations. I play mt. And i do spot for team, so my team win. Because i am spoting so i can not shoot. If i shoot the enemy will see me. And i die right away:)). But after win the battle. Nob. They not thank me for spotting but blame me no damage:D. I play for win. Damage is only matters if you win, right ?  48% winrate people alway care about damage:)). That is why i got 59%. No damage. They got 42% with alot damage:)). Now with the honor system i got alot of afk vote when play Su-152. Even thought my su is 60%.  If afk can get 60%. Then why need to move. Lol. 

Dwarfnz #50 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• 16612 battles
  • [TOXIN]
While I think the Military Honour system was a good idea in principle, it is definitely being abused.  A player in my clan, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and a pretty decent player, has been discouraged today by getting enough down votes to recieve a warning from the company.  Now I don't know the specifics of the "complaints" against him.  But having played with him in quite a few platoon games, I am going to say that they are most likely from trolls who for some petty reason took a disliking to him or his game play.  The danger in this system and placing that kind of "power" in the hands of players is there is a small minority who will abuse it and chase away the decent players, the clan member I refer to has announced he is disheartened enough by today's events that he is walking away from the game for a while...  This is a terrible outcome for the game.  Chasing away decent players due to the idiocy of a small number of immature idiots will do nothing but harm to the game.  Wargaming need to act, and act fast to stop the rot!

Dwarfnz #51 Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:28 AM

Corporal

• 16612 battles
  • [TOXIN]
Today one of my clan brothers received an "Inactivity in Battle" for a match where he did respectable damage, 941 points, made five kills on enemy vehicles and got a Class 2 Mastery badge amongst others...  This "Honour" system is truly broken and simply being used as a weapon by trolls who are not nearly the god-like players they like to think they are!

Edited by Dwarfnz, 26 July 2017 - 04:29 AM.

Creighton_Abrams #52 Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

I would like to say that the game is good, but it is definitely not fair.  That has always been the case. Paid up players, vs non Paid Players.. it's acceptable that those who have paid for benefits get more, however... the recently introduced Appraisal system is not doing any good to WGs standing, let alone ourselves. 

In my view, the Appraisals needs to be removed in the next release, and I hope you agree.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 02 August 2017 - 10:10 PM.

Kabama04 #53 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17651 battles
  • [FOW]
If TKing was added back one day, maybe MH could work with Blue Tags, if you have more than a certain amount of “Unsporting Conduct” you would automatically go Blue or if you TK you can see what they have done
My Tanks:

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. -Space_Ape_Marksman (NA)

Kabama04 #54 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17651 battles
  • [FOW]

View PostDwarfnz, on 26 July 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Today one of my clan brothers received an "Inactivity in Battle" for a match where he did respectable damage, 941 points, made five kills on enemy vehicles and got a Class 2 Mastery badge amongst others...  This "Honour" system is truly broken and simply being used as a weapon by trolls who are not nearly the god-like players they like to think they are!

Maybe the “Inactivity In Battle” button should be disabled if the player did over a certain amount of damage

My Tanks:

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. -Space_Ape_Marksman (NA)

Creighton_Abrams #55 Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

My advice, is do not complain about WG.NET.

Since complaining things have become even worse for me. For example, I can make hits/pen's and yet still end up looking like 0 activity which just give ammo to these Trolls. 

Trolls win here

pheephilo #56 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

Corporal

• 15966 battles
  • [OZ]

View PostKabama04, on 03 August 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Maybe the “Inactivity In Battle” button should be disabled if the player did over a certain amount of damage

Exactly what I think too. it should be easy for the game to check ur battle stats before you can even see the downvoting options.

It might be easier to look at the combat experience scored by a player, and if you have reached a certain x points (depending on the Tier of course), you should not be able to be downvoted as Inactive in Battle.

I have never been AFK in the last 3 days but have been down voted 6 inactivity in battles even though I got Raisenhei and several M medals and lots of praises.

Bengal_Tiger23 #57 Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:47 AM

Sergeant

• 8982 battles

View Postpheephilo, on 04 August 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Exactly what I think too. it should be easy for the game to check ur battle stats before you can even see the downvoting options.

It might be easier to look at the combat experience scored by a player, and if you have reached a certain x points (depending on the Tier of course), you should not be able to be downvoted as Inactive in Battle.

I have never been AFK in the last 3 days but have been down voted 6 inactivity in battles even though I got Raisenhei and several M medals and lots of praises.

​Trolls/Douchebags win Again.:angry:

"Do not blame God for having created the Tiger,

but thank him for not having given it wings". - Indian proverb.

Aussie here:- Likes Tigers but Barracks for Bombers AFL

pheephilo #58 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

Corporal

• 15966 battles
  • [OZ]

Reading the other comments again, my observations are:

The main issues are the 'inactivity in battle', and 'provocative communication' ones.

As a whole, the system shows a lot of promise and I support the concept.

If those 2 types were fixed, then the system would be a lot harder to abuse.

With 'provocative communication', if a player didnt type a comment in battle then we shouldnt be able to downvote the player. If they typed anything that ended up censored (**** for noob as an example), then the option to downvote the player should be enabled. And/Or if a player has typed messages more than 5 times during , then the option should be enabled.

With 'inactivity in battle', see my comments 2 posts above.

What do you guys think?

YodaJediMaster #59 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Sergeant

• 32009 battles
  • [BOOM1]
This honour system is broken and WG will not admit it I have 19 up votes I had 20 earlier and no 4 stars yet I see other players that have a lot less up votes and they have 4 stars. 1 Player has 11 up stars and 4 down and yet has 4 stars  so what is going on I can not get a straight answer.

Edited by YodaJediMaster, 07 August 2017 - 09:14 AM.

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #60 Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:17 AM

Captain

• 17238 battles
  • [ACT-1]

This sytem is useless. WG wont even take any action. And also, replace missed tournament with false report. A complaint only wg can make and will stay forever. 

But WG doesnt care about this game by the looks of it.

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing

Also tagged with honor, abuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users