honor abuse

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Creighton_Abrams #21 Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

[I could rant on forever about the appraisal system, but it wont do any good]

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 18 June 2017 - 01:28 AM.

Creighton_Abrams #22 Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

If the aim was to weed out continual AFK players, then at least look at the distance travel stats when a Player assigned another "Inactive in Battle", or for "Provocative Communication" whether or not the user had used In-Game Chat, and if any number of ****'s had been recorded (WG also needs to remove WhiteSpace when checking this).

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 27 June 2017 - 09:25 PM.

GreenFace #23 Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

Sergeant

• 6653 battles
  • [MOMFU]

Honor System is an open system, too open to be exact. So it's very easy to abuse it, yet not giving any impact whatsoever to inform who the player really is. Imho, scratch this Honor System. Blitz's statistics is already one of the sickest honor in every game I've known, and they speaks for themselves.

To be honest, comparing Honor System to the real statistic, is like comparing "American Idol" to "Grammy Award".

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

D3nv3R #24 Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:30 AM

Private

• 6580 battles
  • [PASAY]
Some players use the MH as payback. This gives a negative result. Please remove this system

Edited by D3nv3R, 26 June 2017 - 03:31 AM.

Creighton_Abrams #25 Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
I'm sadly saying good bye, and hence forth wont be playing as much. WG does not appear to want to listen and act upon issues that perpetuate player targeting by online Trolls.. It perhaps, needs a bit more external publicity upon the negative side that is being supported here, before sense is realized.  Hopefully they may realize that before its too late.

SARNIA #26 Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:15 AM

Sergeant

• 39823 battles
  • [ECL_]

The system really has no merit it is consistently being abused by Trolls and is impacting on the whole game experience.

I for one play less than I used to because It is less enjoyable

Think before it is too late.  EDB

Creighton_Abrams #27 Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
Likewise

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 03 July 2017 - 04:00 AM.

D3nv3R #28 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:20 AM

Private

• 6580 battles
  • [PASAY]
Sir our team won and i got the high caliber but still one of my team mate gave me a complaint. Can someone please explain that.

Bengal_Tiger23 #29 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:08 AM

Sergeant

• 8926 battles

View PostD3nv3R, on 06 July 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Sir our team won and i got the high caliber but still one of my team mate gave me a complaint. Can someone please explain that.

​Hi D3nv3R,

Are you sure it was a team mate.​

I am certain I got an Unsporting from an Opfor KV1 I gave a paddling to, on his rear end, twice, with my little Matilda. Lol. :teethhappy:

Just remember , the Opfor can vote you down as well. They can be grumpy when you give them a pasting.

Take care mate.

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23, 06 July 2017 - 05:29 AM.

"Do not blame God for having created the Tiger,

but thank him for not having given it wings". - Indian proverb.

Aussie here:- Likes Tigers but Barracks for Bombers AFL

GreenFace #30 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

Sergeant

• 6653 battles
  • [MOMFU]

View PostD3nv3R, on 06 July 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Don't waste your time minding the honor system too much. Too many times some Yolo-ers mistaken their charge with Lights against multiple Heavies as "bravery" or "activity", and people behind them as " inactive". It seems that they've never watch the movie Braveheart.

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

Creighton_Abrams #31 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

My view is that this Appraisal system should be dropped.

First off, contrary to what WG say , the Support Team says otherwise - they cant investigate nor change any appraisals.

Secondly, anyone can, if they are pissed off, give another player - most likely of a Clan that they don't like, a random Negative Appraisal (well whatever Negative ones they have left),.

Positive Appraisals, are really hard to come by unless you play with your own Clan, and *ASK* them to give you one....

Unfortunately, the Appraisals system is now being looked upon as away to tell whether a player is any good.  I for one, can say that's not true - however I will say, that I will not stand for abuse of my own impromptu team-mates, regardless if they are less than top-notch or not.

If you think a player isn't good, reach out to them, by messaging them, be polite, tell them why, offer advice, (don't just say you're a *****) and if you think you want to encourage them to do better, offer to be their Mentor.  Indeed, perhaps that, would be a better approach for WG to encourage, than the simple Negative debasement of their current Appraisal system. Maybe WG needs to change tact, and encourage such Mentorship rather than Anonymous slander.

GreenFace #32 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• 6653 battles
  • [MOMFU]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 06 July 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

My view is that this Appraisal system should be dropped.

My view also. No good things will come,  but many bad possibilities would happened. 

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

Creighton_Abrams #33 Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

As always, it will probably take a headline grabbing News Story, before WG takes action and listens ...  they really should learn to listen to players before things get out of control.

I say this based upon experience in the way I often, get contacted by hot-heads who are so stressed out that they lost a game, and in their eyes, that it was all my Fault. These chaps, no matter how good they consider themselves, have lost their cool.  And none, will add anything constructive after the game when questioned, except to lay on more attempts at trying to be insulting.

WG just aids them with this new appraisal system. And it makes the game play a whole lot less enjoyable.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 07 July 2017 - 07:43 PM.

thePRO_sniper #34 Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

Private

• 13888 battles
  • [SG_TK]
No one care about this as getting a thumbs down or up will not do anything. And there is just way to many people inactive 2thumbs down a day? Its just not enought. (Oh wait it did nothing anyways so y need so many?

D3nv3R #35 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

Private

• 6580 battles
  • [PASAY]

View PostBengal_Tiger23, on 06 July 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

​Hi D3nv3R,

Are you sure it was a team mate.​

I am certain I got an Unsporting from an Opfor KV1 I gave a paddling to, on his rear end, twice, with my little Matilda. Lol. :teethhappy:

Just remember , the Opfor can vote you down as well. They can be grumpy when you give them a pasting.

Take care mate.

Alex

B_T23

D3nv3R #36 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

Private

• 6580 battles
  • [PASAY]
I'm definitely sure  he's my team mate sir not unless an enemy would give me a complaint of being unsupportive.

GreenFace #37 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• 6653 battles
  • [MOMFU]

I'm personally a teamwork player, but in any random games, the most enjoyable play comes from selfish act. It's not that the selfish is good by itself, but it gives me resilience to any other guys' negative actions. They leave me to yolo, I don't care. They died and cursed me of being coward, I don't give a damn. I only care about my tank and my target, that's all.

Pretend that they are AI bots, which injected to the game. Nothing more, that's it :)

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

Bengal_Tiger23 #38 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

Sergeant

• 8926 battles

View PostD3nv3R, on 09 July 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

I'm definitely sure he's my team mate sir not unless an enemy would give me a complaint of being unsupportive.

​Sorry D3nv3R, I did not know it was a "Unsupportive"  vote. That's pretty conclusive. Unfortunately, the reasons for this vote are legion. Many of the reasons have been discussed elsewhere through this forum.

Not knowing if you have actually done something wrong, is one of the reasons I detest this system greatly.

Personally. I have 3 strikes against me for "Inactivity in Battle". 1 During bad ping issues which I flashed in game chat for. And 2 when my internet dropped out at the start of a game.  I am now an "Undisciplined player". With no recourse to defend myself!!!!!!

Also Have had 2 Unsporting conduct which reset in 48 hours. (They can come from anywhere.)

Anyway, keep your chin up, hopefully WG will improve the situation. :great:

Alex

B_T23

"Do not blame God for having created the Tiger,

but thank him for not having given it wings". - Indian proverb.

Aussie here:- Likes Tigers but Barracks for Bombers AFL

Creighton_Abrams #39 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
Saying no-one cares about whether you are called an "Absolutely Untrustworthy Player" or "Impeccable Player" is akin to saying, no one really cares about your "WinRate"... which mostly depends upon your impromptu team makeup's ability to win - rather than you as an individual.

Creighton_Abrams #40 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Anyway, I would really, love to get a Game-Play Lawyer involved on this matter, and given the evidence that I have to-date, they would have a Field day with WG... The cards are sadly stacked against us players - especially if you are not a Premium Paid-for player. 

This is somewhat understandable, since WG needs to make some revenue in order to pay for the hardware, the developers, the Support staff, etc...

Perhaps, WG could introduce embedded advertising upon some of the Garage billboards, instead of the WG Blitz logo. Likewise, offer Tank sponsorship deals with some players, and take a cut, geez... that would be fun. Pepsi tank vs Coca-Cola tank...

There's lots of imaginative ways to make the game a bit more interesting other than by alienating the user-base, which the current Appraisal system does. And, if your Marketing team is so poorly in-touch... then perhaps consider outsourcing it to the Players, who can think up new ideas, such as I have offered in order to keep things going.

Also tagged with honor, abuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users