derp

fairly poor written thing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

sniper023 #1 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

Corporal

• 4237 battles

Derp, that's what player's usually call for something that was overpowered in a way. In this case, a tank. But how do i know a derp tank? Which one is the most derpiest? How to make a different between a derp and a super derp? Well let's discuss it:

What is Derp?

Derp, usually something that have a overpowered attributes that seem to be the star of the thing itself. Example: Kv-2 152mm gun, IS-7 turret

How to Notice a Derp Tank?

As i say before, derp tank usually have something that is overpowered. But not only that, the tank itself is hard to deal with. For a start, if you see the enemy gun barrel is short and large: that mean it specialized on HE shells, and vice versa.

Just to make sure, if it is too short and big, it can deal high damage. If it is too long, it have high penetration. if it is too long and big, then it can deal high damage with high penetration.

Example: ISU-152 BL-10 gun.

Next, if it was russian and it is a medium, then most of them have a strong armor for it type.

IF it is russian TD, expect to lost half of your HP, or more.

If it is french high tier, then it have a derpy autoloader.

If it was the brits tank, then it have a high mobility or rate of fire.

IF it was american, then it is american. They are a jack of all trade.

How to Anticipate it?

Even if it was too stronk in a way, remember that it was still in a way. If it is turretless, destroy the track and flank it. If it has speed, ambush it (chasing will only lead to enemy's main force) or concentrate an attack on it. If it has armor, use speed, most of the heavies are slow, or fragile to fire. If it have all, remember, teamwork is more useful than a team-no-work.

●How to Play it?

Remember, even if you are strong, you still need a teamwork. If it is turretless, then be a sniper, it is best that the hunter chose the hunting ground, not the prey. If it is heavly armored, then march together, you cant deal with meds or light tank alone. If it has speed, then be clever, you have a fairly no armor, but you can disturb the enemy by creating the second front: by flanking them.

●list of derp tank?

Below is based on my opinion:

*SU-152 and its line

*French auto loader

*Tortoise (high rof and highly armored)

*Death star

*KV-2

*Japanese tank that have a high gun depression.

THis is written on a phone, and im not a native english, and im too lazy to fix it. If theres something wrong, i cant guarantee to fix it since im not active on the forum

Oh, and i also fairly too sleepy to expand it. And that is also in my opinion

Edited by sniper023, 03 June 2017 - 01:54 PM.

hunter689 #2 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

Sergeant

• 7754 battles
  • [AIB-T]
This is kinda stupid, i thought derp is just tanks that can deal high alpha damage in a single shot (if it hits right spot) and big alpha is usually thier only trait. They usually have 152mm gun and 183mm gun. Derp tanks are fun cause they dont always do good or are carry monsters but gives a barrel of laugh when it hits. Derp has nothing to do with other attributes such a burst damage (french auto), op armour or good gun dep. etc. Most famous derpies are-
Kv-2
Deathstar
E100
Jgpze100
Su-152

P.s- most people dont like Isu-152

f1reguy #3 Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

Corporal

• 22068 battles
  • [1914]

I liked and kept the isu152, but it's been sold, replaced with su152, you need to be comfy with ur derp cow, Isu spent more time turning around with dracs flanking the whole green team, and as a rule you have one side of solid cover, the other three of course you have as retreat paths...perfect for flankers.

going off topic slightly but I only think KV2,T82,T18,Grille,JGPZE100,FV183B,SU152, 

were my choices, there are many overpowered high clip machines, even that damned T5 Leo is a machine in its class but by no means derpy. 

REAP3R133 #4 Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 10308 battles
  • [ASFOW]
Almost every players know this
 most op tank in the game

sniper023 #5 Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• 4237 battles

View Posthunter689, on 02 June 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

This is kinda stupid, i thought derp is just tanks that can deal high alpha damage in a single shot (if it hits right spot) and big alpha is usually thier only trait. They usually have 152mm gun and 183mm gun. Derp tanks are fun cause they dont always do good or are carry monsters but gives a barrel of laugh when it hits. Derp has nothing to do with other attributes such a burst damage (french auto), op armour or good gun dep. etc. Most famous derpies are-
Kv-2
Deathstar
E100
Jgpze100
Su-152

P.s- most people dont like Isu-152

Well yes and no, i this is from my opinion. Forgot to add that to original post.

sniper023 #6 Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

Corporal

• 4237 battles

View PostREAP3R133, on 02 June 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Almost every players know this

And that why i post it on newcomer forum, because i know that almost every player know.

Except for those that only focus on gameplay rather than some nickname or stuff.

sniper023 #7 Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Corporal

• 4237 battles

View Postf1reguy, on 02 June 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

I liked and kept the isu152, but it's been sold, replaced with su152, you need to be comfy with ur derp cow, Isu spent more time turning around with dracs flanking the whole green team, and as a rule you have one side of solid cover, the other three of course you have as retreat paths...perfect for flankers.

going off topic slightly but I only think KV2,T82,T18,Grille,JGPZE100,FV183B,SU152, 

were my choices, there are many overpowered high clip machines, even that damned T5 Leo is a machine in its class but by no means derpy. 

I, myself consider that the bl 10 on tier 8 is powerful. Considering that you can reap off 1/2 of the tier 7, 1/3 of the tier 8, 1/4 of the tier 9 (if you put it on average, using AP rounds, and dealing 800 damage)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users