MM Spare Parts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

JK_STONE #1 Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• 11385 battles
  • [FEAST]

Hi CS,

I've tried to stay away for awhile but couldn't resist.  We have a more serious problem with players online rate dropping.  Please see the charts below, you will see that since R3.8 dropped, about a month ago, both player average online and peak numbers have also dropped steadily for the past 30-day.  While the peak show some momentum, likely due to grind event, but you surely can see that the peak didn't last and now we are on a steadily decline.  Patch R3.9 was a welcoming change, but it did very little to reverse the effects from R3.8.  What worries me is the daily peak and average online players.  These will eventually leads to longer wait queue, which might lead to further player loss due to unwillingness to wait for a game to begin.  I won't sour you with negative experiences on lack of variety due to players playing same tanks to grind rare parts, and game quality continue to decline.  

There are 2 main issues we need to address, one is shortage of Rare Parts and another is queue length.

1. Rare Parts - Every game we play, we are reminded that WG have cheated us out of our 100% equipped tank. Players will eventually learn to deal with equipment change, timer, or even the unfair insufficient rare parts given after the R3.8 because these are one-time action and most players have short memory. But every game we play, we reminded how painful it is to get loose change of rare parts. This is worst than begging for food/money on the streets. Players are not happy about the current way of getting rare parts and not able to fully equip all of their tanks. People buy many tanks because they want to play 'any' tank they like, at any tier, any time... without enough rare parts, this is not happening soon. Plus players are less motivated to grind new tanks or buy new tanks because they don't have rare parts to equip the tank.

2. Queue Length - This is becoming a catch-22  issue when player online drop and queue lengthens.  Eventually more players leaves the game due to not wanting to wait, once this reach a certain point of no return, there are no way to reverse the effect.  The solution might be to bring back MM with +/-2 tier.  I'm not a fan of +/-2 tier MM, but it will ensure a shorter wait time for players to get into a game. As for the potential negative impact of being lower tiers, well, most of the older player base already have experience.  As for the new players, it might bring a different gaming variety that the game needs.  Right now every tier 7-8 game we see is dominated by the same tanks being played.  Seeing Dracula/Helsing go up against tier 9 MT/LT will be an interesting change.

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wotb/asia/total

Good luck on the battlefield!

anthonylei01 #2 Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:43 AM

Captain

• 12683 battles
  • [CPVA]

I guess I am one of them. From 10-20 games per day down to around less than 5 per day. And it feels good to spend less time in Blitz. No more raging at players who play with their feet. No further need to purchase any new tank, buy new premium tank or grind new tank line. Too bad that I still have 5 months of premium time left in my account. 

To be fair, there is nothing CS can do to help, all he can do is report the findings to the dev team, but patch 3.8 was a clear message from WG that they will change the game, whether we like it or not. The negative feedbacks were passed on to the dev team but that didn't seem to change their mind. WG did state that they will monitor the new equipment system and give it some time. However, the drop of active players is a snowball effect, lets hope WG can catch the ball before it is too late. 

anthonylei01 #3 Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

Captain

• 12683 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostJK_STONE, on 02 June 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Hi CS,

I've tried to stay away for awhile but couldn't resist.  We have a more serious problem with players online rate dropping.  Please see the charts below, you will see that since R3.8 dropped, about a month ago, both player average online and peak numbers have also dropped steadily for the past 30-day.  While the peak show some momentum, likely due to grind event, but you surely can see that the peak didn't last and now we are on a steadily decline.  Patch R3.9 was a welcoming change, but it did very little to reverse the effects from R3.8.  What worries me is the daily peak and average online players.  These will eventually leads to longer wait queue, which might lead to further player loss due to unwillingness to wait for a game to begin.  I won't sour you with negative experiences on lack of variety due to players playing same tanks to grind rare parts, and game quality continue to decline.  

There are 2 main issues we need to address, one is shortage of Rare Parts and another is queue length.

1. Rare Parts - Every game we play, we are reminded that WG have cheated us out of our 100% equipped tank. Players will eventually learn to deal with equipment change, timer, or even the unfair insufficient rare parts given after the R3.8 because these are one-time action and most players have short memory. But every game we play, we reminded how painful it is to get loose change of rare parts. This is worst than begging for food/money on the streets. Players are not happy about the current way of getting rare parts and not able to fully equip all of their tanks. People buy many tanks because they want to play 'any' tank they like, at any tier, any time... without enough rare parts, this is not happening soon. Plus players are less motivated to grind new tanks or buy new tanks because they don't have rare parts to equip the tank.

2. Queue Length - This is becoming a catch-22  issue when player online drop and queue lengthens.  Eventually more players leaves the game due to not wanting to wait, once this reach a certain point of no return, there are no way to reverse the effect.  The solution might be to bring back MM with +/-2 tier.  I'm not a fan of +/-2 tier MM, but it will ensure a shorter wait time for players to get into a game. As for the potential negative impact of being lower tiers, well, most of the older player base already have experience.  As for the new players, it might bring a different gaming variety that the game needs.  Right now every tier 7-8 game we see is dominated by the same tanks being played.  Seeing Dracula/Helsing go up against tier 9 MT/LT will be an interesting change.

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wotb/asia/total

P.S. dont get too upset with the changes, or care too much. Because patch 3.8 is just the start.

CynicalSilicon #4 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 4538 battles
  • [WG]

Hi 

JK_STONE

You are right things have certainly moved on since our last discussion and I have been working with our global development team to look at this issue as soon as possible.

In terms of the issues you raised,

1 - Spare parts - Definitely number one on our radar right now and I totally get where you are coming from. I am pushing several ways we can improve this, some of which have been mentioned in this forum already.

(Just to be 100% clear though- a player can still take any tank they like, at any tier, any time and be fully operational. What we are talking about is having all the tweaks unlocked through equipment which provide benefits but are not needed to play the tanks.)

2 - +2/-2 is just not going to happen any time soon - at least not based on what I hear from the dev team. 

Regards

CS

Edited by CynicalSilicon, 04 June 2017 - 09:37 AM.

Laz_Diesalot #5 Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

Corporal

• 24000 battles
  • [ARMD]

View PostCynicalSilicon, on 04 June 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

1 - Spare parts - Definitely number one on our radar right now and I totally get where you are coming from. I am pushing several ways we can improve this, some of which have been mentioned in this forum already.

(Just to be 100% clear though- a player can still take any tank they like, at any tier, any time and be fully operational. What we are talking about is having all the tweaks unlocked through equipment which provide benefits but are not needed to play the tanks.)

You still don't get it do you Cynical?

You guys Ripped us off big time.  We had garages full of fully equipped tanks, that were as competitive to play as they could be.  We had paid the money for premium time and premium tanks to grind the credits for that equipment.  You took it away and left us with tanks that were no longer fully equipped, no longer fully competitive, and actually NERFED since their stats were no longer as good as they were before 3.8 and the "compensation" given wasn't even enough to fully equip the premium tanks we had in our garages.

Yes we can still take out any tank we like, but we DONT LIKE TO YOU FKING IDIOT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY WERE BEFORE YOU FKING NERFED THEM !!!!

Go ahead and Ban my account, I've had enough of your Bullshit.

JK_STONE #6 Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:52 AM

Captain

• 11385 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostCynicalSilicon, on 04 June 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Hi 

JK_STONE

You are right things have certainly moved on since our last discussion and I have been working with our global development team to look at this issue as soon as possible.

In terms of the issues you raised,

2 - +2/-2 is just not going to happen any time soon - at least not based on what I hear from the dev team. 

Regards

CS

Hi CS,

For starter, the new Sparts, it's not sitting well with forum players.

#1 - Sparts only when you win - This is questionable but I can live with it.  Basically for a 50% player, it's no different than the original 'random' 50/50 chance of getting it.  There is not much of an improvement for most player base, except the unicums/super unicums.

#2 - Sparts drop based on performance - I like this, perform better to get more. But I think it's a mistake to tie to medal counts because medals are not a good judge of game performance. Sometime we have a good team where everyone dealt distributed damage, there's not much of a chance for medals.  I believe 'damage' dealt or even use the base calculation of EXP gain per game is a good way to judge battle performance.

#3 - The new Sparts drop model is still low and required Sparts to unlock equipment is still ridiculous high.  Sparts required for some of the low (1-5) and medium tier (6-8) are ridiculous.  I can understand the large sum of Sparts required at the highest tiers (i.e. 9/X), but at the low tiers 1-5, or even 6-8, WG is asking for too much Sparts to unlock equipment. If we cannot obtain enough Sparts, we will are unlikely to grind new line(s) or even buy new premium tanks.  This is a business killer when people aren't motivated to buy/grind new tanks.

Looking forward to the next update!

Good luck on the battlefield!

NovaWorks #7 Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 14623 battles
  • [SGT-1]
Oh please dont add back +/-2. 

YodaJediMaster #8 Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

Sergeant

• 15966 battles
  • [DERPU]

Parts need to be Increased A.S.A.P I have over 50+ spots on the second level still to do and then all of the third level..

The Amount per battle needs to be increased a lot

Missions need to be boosted too.

This is getting beyond a joke and ALL of the players agree about this.

Please get them to increase it.

Edited by YodaJediMaster, 23 June 2017 - 07:48 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users