Cons of Military Honor feature

Military Honor Feature in version 3.9 Misuse of Military Honor Cons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

ankitp #1 Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

Corporal

• 14738 battles
  • [FROST]

The upcoming feature really have a great impact on the game but at the other side it too has some drawbacks which I'd like to inform the dev team.

• Sometimes on the battlefield, what happens, for e.g few days back an ally player was busy shooting the enemy but he was taking much time to kill the target so I went back at his side and shoot at that target. After the battle was ended up, he messaged me like 'Target stealing dog'. My intention wasn't to steal his target but to kill that enemy ASAP so other allies can move forward and at other hand the intention was to end up the battle soon too. Now in that case, through such feature such player can give negative marking to the player like me. I know that a single opinion will not change the ratings but there are more players like this guy so what about if they give such negative ratings?

•  Even I have seen some players have a ego problem. I prefer to send 'GG' message to the player who playes well and that too to the enemy team player. But, sometime in response to the my praise, the player says wrong words as they didn't get the top position in the damage table OR missed a pool or other award. In case of that, if that player gives bad feedback intentionally then...? And so few other players too... This can be another drawback too...

• Also, if a player becomes AFK then it will be easy give a negative feedback against that player and I have seen on the forum that a player complained that he got banned for being AFK during a YOLO event but actually he lost the ping! The same thing happens with me too and I had submitted a ticket regarding that too. For e.g I'm playing but due to a network failure or other reasons I lost the ping and then other player gave a bad feedback to me then it will a drawback for me! I think first WOT team should see the server logs to see whether the player was online and remained AFK or connection was lost. Let me tell you sometimes my wifi connection works fine but I only lost ping while playing Blitz game only. I think such things should be covered up before putting a ban or accepting a negative rating on such report.

I hope dev team will consider such things.

Edited by ankitp, 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM.

ankitp #2 Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Corporal

• 14738 battles
  • [FROST]
I request readers to share their views and not pass the judgement.

Edited by ankitp, 23 May 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Old_Gandalf #3 Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Captain

• 51233 battles
  • [SHIRE]

Totally on board with you on this. It's open to anybody down-voting you for whatever reason, including simply because you destroyed them or got more kills than them or whatever. All that angry messaging you see in game or afterwards - they're now going to be down-votes for you, if they have any votes left for the day. 

On the face of it, it sounds alright, it should even out, if you play well and help your team you will receive more good than bad, etc. I hope that is the case but ask yourself this: do you really think you won't get down-voted on several occassions when doing nothing wrong? Do you ever get abuse in messages and think "What the hell?" I have visions of that being replaced or supplemented by down-votes and that's going to lead to retaliation - down-voting the guy you think probably just down-voted you, etc.

"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay."

ankitp #4 Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

Corporal

• 14738 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 23 May 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Totally on board with you on this. It's open to anybody down-voting you for whatever reason, including simply because you destroyed them or got more kills than them or whatever. All that angry messaging you see in game or afterwards - they're now going to be down-votes for you, if they have any votes left for the day. 

On the face of it, it sounds alright, it should even out, if you play well and help your team you will receive more good than bad, etc. I hope that is the case but ask yourself this: do you really think you won't get down-voted on several occassions when doing nothing wrong? Do you ever get abuse in messages and think "What the hell?" I have visions of that being replaced or supplemented by down-votes and that's going to lead to retaliation - down-voting the guy you think probably just down-voted you, etc.

Thanks for being on board with me. Well, you are right as some players are egoistic and jealous so they can misuse this feature.

Edited by ankitp, 23 May 2017 - 07:24 PM.

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #5 Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Captain

• 12427 battles
  • [WOTSG]
Same here. WG must take action.

Sign this petition against AFKs, Bots, and Trolls

https://www.change.o...olators-in-wotb

Lore's: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart

RainbowSword #6 Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• 11569 battles
  • [HKAF]

Well here's my opinion. At first I thought this system is completely pointless and very dumb. The first few days I got a lot of trolls from enemy(abusing) down voting me for inactivity but I did at least 1800 dmg per game with fv4202. But after a few days (3 days to be exact), I've ignore it and tried to play good and don't rage after losing the game with noobs. So I now got 26 up votes and 12 down votes and I'm now 5 stars. I now realise that this is a effective system because it really does warn you from raging and saying foul words very effectively.

P.S.: My win rate is slightly over 59% and 1100 dmg per game but I don't think  I'm really a big pro

Edited by RainbowSword, 29 May 2017 - 11:59 AM.

Stats Really Do Not Matters!

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams

Creighton_Abrams #7 Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17121 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Maybe best to close off all other threads and continue with C.S.'s one here:

http://forum.wotblit...y-honor-system/

CynicalSilicon #8 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 4720 battles