• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

KAAB0000M #21 Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

Corporal

• 17752 battles
  • [AUSIE]

Unreviewed claims are posted
It is a rort
My clanmate destroyed 7 got gold M and zero praise.
I read that two of my own teammates did not like where i was positioned. I was putting holes into two opposition tanks at the time.They agreed to punish me and encouraged others to jion. I received two unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the battle.

Leave just the praise. Dont give the haters a platform!

If your tank is afk due to ping (i live in rural NSW. I hotspot from my mobile phone.) why should i be punished more?

Creighton_Abrams #22 Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Zero praise is better than negative praise. Though I get your point, and it's pretty much what I've been getting at from the start. You really only want to give praise if you have time, or you're bored or it may benefit you someway. On the other hand, giving negative feedback is so easy, just click, and hit a red thumbs down icon. You can lookup your least favourite clan, and do the same for all those belonging to that clan within your game with impunity.

Personally, I'd like to limit the negative feedbacks to those players who respond poorly to comments post game. For example, if you explain to a player, that rather than block you, they could have moved parallel to you when after the first case they forced you to go behind them, and they respond with a derogatory comment such as "F U"... then that would perhaps be worthy of a negative appraisal.  If they hadn't replied, to that, then no comment, or if they replied, maybe apologized, or asked for suggestions / platooning, etc.. then a new category should have been added..  "Student Player" .. or something akin to that. And in cases, when the other completely disagrees, then the new trusted WG resolution system would kick-ion and review the situation... (yeah... right!).

I'd rather be continually attributed as a Student/Learner Player, as opposed to something less than helpful that may impede my future prospects here.

What do you think ? Are the current categories fair ?

Creighton_Abrams #23 Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

FYI.   **** It is being abused ****  big time. WG, may now have sadly have bitten off a bit more than they can manage,  since what they have done is allowed Trolls to have an impact upon others.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 29 May 2017 - 06:34 AM.

Creighton_Abrams #24 Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
I have received 1 inactivity complaint (which is totally wrong), and 1 unsporting conduct, which again is wrong - and recently none of the usual racist post game chats... go figure.
I raised an appeal against both of the above, yet the Support team hasn't come back...

Creighton_Abrams #25 Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

I feel sorry somewhat for the Support team here. The new feature demands more of their time to verify complaints, and they literally do not have the ability or time to do so.

Hence I think this new appraisal system will kill off WoT Blitz pretty quickly...  hope that they can fix the situation.

Creighton_Abrams #26 Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Fix it, or time to go Public, that WG.NET supports Racism.

Creighton_Abrams #27 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Interesting read.

http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-40092541

infamous_l #28 Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

Corporal

• 19050 battles
  • [PLYRS]

This feature is absolutely ridiculous. Giving people an open ticket to troll. Can negative feedback be removed if it is found to be incorrect?

Creighton_Abrams #29 Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
Agreed, and I guess they have already been declining interview requests over Teen Suicides, and Bullying, and what they are doing to prevent it... when seems to be actually Supporting it!

Creighton_Abrams #30 Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

WG.NET  Please Listen.

CynicalSilicon #31 Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:08 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 4724 battles
  • [WG]

Hi all,

So time to weigh in on the topic of Military Honor, as I see the topic here has wandered way off base and off-topic. I might open a separate thread as well as I expect more questions to follow.

I didn't answer the first comments as they were made before the system was even released yet and I wanted players to actually see the system working.

Its been just over a week now since the system was introduced. Talking to players in-game and in-forums the overall response has been very positive.

My own experience has shown me that the players are overall going out of there way to be nice to one another and chat has improved immeasurably.

Now is the system perfect? Far from it yet.

The main concern I have heard from players revolve around two things:

1 - That the complaint system is open to abuse, allowing players to troll others and affect their rating

2 - That the rating seems to reduce over time and praises disappear.

First off, I have shared issue 1 with our development team and they are examining a) how much of this is happening and b) is it actually affecting ratings.

Here is where this all gets interesting though, and I think we need to do a better job of explaining the ins and outs of the system.

To quickly answer point 2)

Military Honour relies on ratings for the past few days rather than overall appraisals. This means that it always gravitates towards 3 stars and will regularly regain that value.

What does this mean? That praises and complaints you receive are not permanent, they are counted for a period of time and then lose their value over time.

Now for question 1) lets to go back to the basis of the system:The number of available appraisals per day is limited and depends on your Military Honour value:

• 5 stars — 4 praises and 4 complaints
  • 4 stars — 3 praises and 3 complaints
  • 3 stars — 3 praises and 2 complaints
  • 2 stars — 2 praises and 1 complaint
  • 0 or 1 star — 0 praises and 0 complaints

So even for a 5 star player, the maximum amount of complaints you can make per day is 4.

For a 1 star player, you cant give any.

So by definition, each individual player has a very limited impact on another players rating. The rating system adjusts over time to multiple praises and complaints rather than immediately reacting to individual complaints/praises.

Which is probably why many of the players I have discussed this with and have complained about had excellent ratings. The impact of individuals trying to misuse the system is minimised.

ALSO,

The power of a player’s complaint against another player depends on the value of their Military Honour, and the number of battles fought by the player who submitted the complaint

Submitted complaints are also checked and only confirmed complaints start affecting Military Honour.

So there are checks and balances in the system to minimise abuse, but individually you may still receive unfair complaints. This is what we are looking more closely at.

Why have complaints? Because they are part of our evolution to a better system of tracking AFKs and bots. I hope we can get even better at dealing with those issues to make the battlefield a better place to be.

See you out there

CS

Creighton_Abrams #32 Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18388 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Best to close off all other threads and continue with C.S.'s one here:

http://forum.wotblit...y-honor-system/

SARNIA #33 Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

Sergeant

• 40389 battles
  • [ECL_]

Hi Cynical,

It seems to me that simply put WOTB have introduced a system that actually allows the Trolls to physicaly affect  your feeling and your status.

Yes it has reduced corrosive chat but it has given unpleasant people a fantastic weapon?

I notice also that there is no consistency in what makes you green or blue? One of my clan members has 34 likes and only 3 complaints yet he is green some people are blue with 29 praises. And 4 complaints some are purple with 36 praises and 8 complaints? There seems to be no logical reason for this?

Think before it is too late.  EDB

SARNIA #34 Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

Sergeant

• 40389 battles
  • [ECL_]

Hi Cynical,

It seems to me that simply put WOTB have introduced a system that actually allows the Trolls to physicaly affect  your feeling and your status.

Yes it has reduced corrosive chat but it has given unpleasant people a fantastic weapon?

I notice also that there is no consistency in what makes you green or blue? One of my clan members has 34 likes and only 3 complaints yet he is green some people are blue with 29 praises. And 4 complaints some are purple with 36 praises and 8 complaints? There seems to be no logical reason for this?

Think before it is too late.  EDB

CynicalSilicon #35 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 4724 battles
  • [WG]

Hi Sarnia,

I don't think its that strong a weapon - but I do understand how players feel about it which is why we are discussing what we can do to improve it in the next update.

Am confused by the last part of your comment though. The colour of your star rating you mean? This is linked directly to whether you are 3, 4 or 5 stars (info icon in-game shows you this).

So 3 stars is green, 4 stars is blue and 5 stars is purple - remember its not about how many praises and complaints you have at any one time but takes into account votes over a longer period of time.

Am going to lock this thread now, please post future comments here: http://forum.wotblitz.asia/index.php?/topic/16058-reviewing-the-ins-and-outs-of-the-military-honor-system/

CS

Edited by CynicalSilicon, 04 June 2017 - 09:23 AM.

Also tagged with racism, abuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users