The old in-game chat is coming back!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

iNugget #21 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 16575 battles

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 12 May 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

The removeal of chat frustrates you because you can't type "noob" after you died to your team. not because you wanted to help them, according to your reply. Sorry but this is the reason why chat was removed in the first place. You are part of the reason why it was removed. learn a thing or two pls.

yep agree maddox

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." -- Mark Zuckerberg

So I should YOLO right? :trollface:

xXFighter888Xx #22 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 24008 battles
  • [UNICN]

View Postcxcxcx, on 12 May 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

1 word: Yeay :D

That's 3.

Amen.

The official "I don't care-er"

jaso162 #23 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:14 PM

Corporal

• 14108 battles
  • [AUS_]

View PostiNugget, on 13 May 2017 - 01:33 AM, said:

You really didn't have to over-react over my post.

One question mark and an exclamation mark is an over-reaction?! Learn to deal with people disagreeing with you, as almost everyone in this thread does.

jaso162 #24 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

Corporal

• 14108 battles
  • [AUS_]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 12 May 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

The removeal of chat frustrates you because you can't type "noob" after you died to your team. not because you wanted to help them, according to your reply. Sorry but this is the reason why chat was removed in the first place. You are part of the reason why it was removed. learn a thing or two pls.

Thank you for your insightful and unjustified slur. Despite your unfounded opinion and your unwanted advice, I will reply. You are wrong. I do (did) use any opportunity I have to guide the team if I have died, why wouldn't you? In plat I still give my plat mate information, who doesn't? Often new players do not make match-winning choices and the best way for them to learn is when more experienced players can give them advice during the battle, not afterward on personal chat. That is too late to learn. Too many players use the chat to abuse rather than instruct and advise, it is true and it is a pity more high wr players don't take the opportunity to give helpful advice, perhaps they don't want others to improve. Next time you want to slander someone based on an opinion of your own, get facts first and do not use me as a scapegoat for your generalized gripe.

Vankey99 #25 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21873 battles
  • [EAT]

View Postjaso162, on 12 May 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Thank you for your insightful and unjustified slur. Despite your unfounded opinion and your unwanted advice, I will reply. You are wrong. I do (did) use any opportunity I have to guide the team if I have died, why wouldn't you? In plat I still give my plat mate information, who doesn't? Often new players do not make match-winning choices and the best way for them to learn is when more experienced players can give them advice during the battle, not afterward on personal chat. That is too late to learn. Too many players use the chat to abuse rather than instruct and advise, it is true and it is a pity more high wr players don't take the opportunity to give helpful advice, perhaps they don't want others to improve. Next time you want to slander someone based on an opinion of your own, get facts first and do not use me as a scapegoat for your generalized gripe.

Missed the part where he said "according to your reply"? Cuz I didn't miss it and agree with him on that one. 

Maddoxkkm #26 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:25 AM

Captain

• 26667 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View Postjaso162, on 13 May 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

the fact that you call your teammates with the word "noob" already suggest that you are one of them. I doubt you are using the chat to "Instruct", according to your replies. 

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Vankey99 #27 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21873 battles
  • [EAT]

Just when I was adjusting to getting over the removal of chat, least I won't have to head to enemy's profiles to send em messages after battle complimenting them (cuz it feels awkward when I realize that he's a newbie or noob, who got lucky). 

And, going to spam WG Support with tickets on people offending the global chat (might take a while for support to see my ticket, but worth it). 

Replays would make it a lot easier to report offenses tho, still waiting WG... (Yes, replays do exist, only in the test version of blitz. Has to do with fps testing for now...)

ashisidhu7 #28 Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15352 battles
  • [-AIB-]
Now this could put me back on track Thanx my protest had been successful 

2012022002.png

#DON'T KILL AUTOLOADERS

hennesseyvenomgt #29 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

Corporal

• 29714 battles
  • [ECL_]

Oh thank God, this probably is the best change ever.

but we still have problems, pls for God's sake remove those timers on the spare parts and the spare parts themselves, and no supremacy battles for supremacy missions

clever_pseudonym #30 Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

Private

• 0 battles

View PostSonderAbteilung, on 12 May 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

they haven't had drastic drop in player base. I daily check all server on-line population. However the new players aren't on the increase.  So they the daily average online players is decreasing. Even with the event. And all the bling bling they are offering.  

The reason that the average number is low isn't because of a lack of new players (although that's certainly accurate). The average number is low because players aren't staying online. For whatever reason, only having a few fully equipped tanks in your garage doesn't automatically turn into multi-hour Blitz binges.

It's almost as if this could have been easily predicted by anyone with basic game theory knowledge.

_Hagar_ #31 Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

Private

• 2126 battles

Thanks WG- stoked the chat is back! Yep, I missed the chat. Mostly because I miss the laughs from classic one-liners that pop-up occasionally but also because I found the tips from ppl when i was starting out really useful - that was one of the ways I'd learn. Being able to return the favour makes the world of Blitz go round imo. 

Ignore my stats - I'm one of those weird blokes that likes multiple accounts just so I can do the progression again. Which brings me to a suggestion/question (wrong forum I know). Why is there no premium line from tier 1 to 10 that can be purchased/earned in some way. I'd buy that but I won't purchase a premium just to earn credits/battle stats (just my preference). Anyone know if that has come up before and what the reasoning for not implementing it might be? 

TankTaxidermist #32 Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 40273 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View Postclever_pseudonym, on 14 May 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

The reason that the average number is low isn't because of a lack of new players (although that's certainly accurate). The average number is low because players aren't staying online. For whatever reason, only having a few fully equipped tanks in your garage doesn't automatically turn into multi-hour Blitz binges.

It's almost as if this could have been easily predicted by anyone with basic game theory knowledge.

you got a point :medal: . Myself I ain't playing a lot these days after 3.8 . The sparts and the amount needed just make me cringe every time i see them. Before i used to open app. Jump in a tank and push battle. Now I have to check the amount of sparts needed to unlock a set of equipment and then the timers... nowadays with blitz you're more in your garage than on the battlefield.  Getting annoyed and bored with the game complexity. It seems now, that i have to make free time for playing the game properly.  Before was more fun and chill. 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

Rinskiev #33 Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Sergeant

• 8785 battles
  • [AUSIE]
yep, at last something good! I still didn't see the new map!

RichRaff #34 Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• 28468 battles
  • [GRUMP]

View Post_Hagar_, on 14 May 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Thanks WG- stoked the chat is back! Yep, I missed the chat. Mostly because I miss the laughs from classic one-liners that pop-up occasionally but also because I found the tips from ppl when i was starting out really useful - that was one of the ways I'd learn. Being able to return the favour makes the world of Blitz go round imo. 

Ignore my stats - I'm one of those weird blokes that likes multiple accounts just so I can do the progression again. Which brings me to a suggestion/question (wrong forum I know). Why is there no premium line from tier 1 to 10 that can be purchased/earned in some way. I'd buy that but I won't purchase a premium just to earn credits/battle stats (just my preference). Anyone know if that has come up before and what the reasoning for not implementing it might be? 

Tier 9 and x premium tanks is a horrible idea. People just starting the game would of course want a high tier tank yet would have no idea how to play. They'd be completely ineffective. 

Jahn111 #35 Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

Corporal

• 22258 battles
  • [DERPU]

I watched a game reacently with one of our team left and two of the red team. Another member and I were able to help direct ours as he was Obviously inexperienced, and yet trying hard and welcomed the input

great to see chat back and hope the 'noobs' who love calling people 'noobs' go somewhere else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users