[UPDATE] Equipment Rework

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Elphaba #1 Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 470 battles
  • [WG]

First off, we would like to thank everyone for their feedback on the Heads Up! No.3 video about the Equipment rework. The points and concerns you have raised about the new feature have been noted and will serve as the basis for changes that will be made to a few aspects of this feature.

Stay tuned for more news about the Equipment rework coming next week!

KittykattKat #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Corporal

• 17977 battles
  • [ARMD]
Being a pretty damn big spender & collector...... IF this eventuates as a money grab for something I feel like I've already paid & ground for.... (equipment & slots) I'm done & looking for a new game to play. I'm 38 - I've spent far more on other games and moved on so this is not an idle threat. It's a promise. I spend gold on free xp... I spend gold on new tanks....... I spend gold on crew.... I WILL NOT soend gold or any other currency requiring cash to RE EQUIP my f existing tanks...... nor will I grind for weeks through missions to once more re equip my large collection of tanks. Time is $ and my time is worth more. I will not be milked!

KittykattKat #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• 17977 battles
  • [ARMD]

Feel free to verify my spending....... I enjoy the game & would likely play for many more months/years..... spending cash on new tanks.... but if this plays out how I think it will.... I'll quit on principle. Just as I did with my maxed out Everquest 2 account..... Navyfield, ww2onoine, marvel contest of heroes & couple others when they got ridiculously greedy. There's making $ & then there's trying to make me spend TWICE on same items by spontaneously changing the rules, changing what wasn't broken.

nickprime #4 Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:02 PM

Corporal

• 17299 battles
  • [INDU]

View PostKittykattKat, on 21 April 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Being a pretty damn big spender & collector...... IF this eventuates as a money grab for something I feel like I've already paid & ground for.... (equipment & slots) I'm done & looking for a new game to play. I'm 38 - I've spent far more on other games and moved on so this is not an idle threat. It's a promise. I spend gold on free xp... I spend gold on new tanks....... I spend gold on crew.... I WILL NOT soend gold or any other currency requiring cash to RE EQUIP my f existing tanks...... nor will I grind for weeks through missions to once more re equip my large collection of tanks. Time is $ and my time is worth more. I will not be milked!

:great: very well said..same concern over equip slots and currency.....time will tell

JK_STONE #5 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Captain

• 11385 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostElphaba, on 19 April 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

First off, we would like to thank everyone for their feedback on the Heads Up! No.3 video about the Equipment rework. The points and concerns you have raised about the new feature have been noted and will serve as the basis for changes that will be made to a few aspects of this feature.

Stay tuned for more news about the Equipment rework coming next week!

Elphaba,

It's been more than 2 weeks since the release of the YouTube video, and there have been no further updates on this subject.  There are many questions on all the forums (not just Asia) regarding this change.

Exactly how many equipment slots will be unlocked based on our existing equipment mounted?  Which equipment slots will be unlocked automatically and what's the logic used or do you simply unlock all 3 Level-1 equipment slots for everyone who has max their equipment for the tank? How does the so-call "Equipment Currency" work, do we earn these so-call equipment currency only via conversion to R3.8 or also through normal battle?!?  Video mentioned Level-1 equipment can be unlocked for credit, what does this even mean... does it mean Level-1 Equipment can be unlocked by spending credit, if so what kind of credit are we talking about, new equipment currency or regular silver in our account now?!?  

I don't have any clue who translated the English, but you could have at least hire a native English speaking person to translate what they were saying!  Please get more information and answer these questions soon. People are trying to figure out if we should sell our equipment for regular silver or mount more equipment on tanks.  Also, some speculate that WG will automatically unlock all Level-1 equipment slots if we maxed our our current tank equipment slots.  If this is the case, why mount the most expensive 3 equipment when I can mount the cheapest 3!?!?

Please respond to people's unclear questions, or put out another video on what we will get or NOT get based on maxed out equipment.

Edited by JK_STONE, 24 April 2017 - 08:18 AM.

Good luck on the battlefield!

Woody36327 #6 Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Private

• 143 battles
RU response today (per Google Translate)

"Darth_Antonius
Good day
Be patient and wait for the official announcement of the update and all the details. Believe me, all the ayers well is interesting that there will be coming from. But for now we can only wait (emoji)

By the way, the topic is not on the list
CLOSED"

Elphaba #7 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:29 AM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 470 battles
  • [WG]

View PostJK_STONE, on 24 April 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

Elphaba,

It's been more than 2 weeks since the release of the YouTube video, and there have been no further updates on this subject.  There are many questions on all the forums (not just Asia) regarding this change.

Exactly how many equipment slots will be unlocked based on our existing equipment mounted?  Which equipment slots will be unlocked automatically and what's the logic used or do you simply unlock all 3 Level-1 equipment slots for everyone who has max their equipment for the tank? How does the so-call "Equipment Currency" work, do we earn these so-call equipment currency only via conversion to R3.8 or also through normal battle?!?  Video mentioned Level-1 equipment can be unlocked for credit, what does this even mean... does it mean Level-1 Equipment can be unlocked by spending credit, if so what kind of credit are we talking about, new equipment currency or regular silver in our account now?!?  

I don't have any clue who translated the English, but you could have at least hire a native English speaking person to translate what they were saying!  Please get more information and answer these questions soon. People are trying to figure out if we should sell our equipment for regular silver or mount more equipment on tanks.  Also, some speculate that WG will automatically unlock all Level-1 equipment slots if we maxed our our current tank equipment slots.  If this is the case, why mount the most expensive 3 equipment when I can mount the cheapest 3!?!?

Please respond to people's unclear questions, or put out another video on what we will get or NOT get based on maxed out equipment.

The detailed article for the changes should be out this week so I would like to ask that judgment be suspended until it's out. Unfortunately, I cannot provide more information about it, but do know that we did push hard for changes because of player reactions from the developer video.

f1reguy #8 Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Corporal

• 20655 battles
  • [1914]

Lol, so I would love to see the player reactions in a list somewhere. 

Game is becoming extremely complicated, which must be taking its toll.

JK_STONE #9 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• 11385 battles
  • [FEAST]

Wow....more complication and more grind.  This change was never about improving gaming experience, but it will definitely change gaming experience if you don't unlock all 9 equipment slot.

Ps. Be sure to watch to the end!

SonderAbteilung #10 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• 34507 battles
  • [FOW]

View PostJK_STONE, on 26 April 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Wow....more complication and more grind.  This change was never about improving gaming experience, but it will definitely change gaming experience if you don't unlock all 9 equipment slot.

Ps. Be sure to watch to the end!

Thx jk stone. Gonna watch it in an hour....more grind..  that sounds bad already. ...

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

JK_STONE #11 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

Captain

• 11385 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostSonderAbteilung, on 26 April 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Thx jk stone. Gonna watch it in an hour....more grind..  that sounds bad already. ...

Well, not all bad, one of the rewards for spare parts is based on battle count, which you have plenty, so you will have a head start on lots of spare parts.

SonderAbteilung #12 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 34507 battles
  • [FOW]
Oh....lovely. ...can't wait to see it... 

KittykattKat #13 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

Corporal

• 17977 battles
  • [ARMD]

Ok which genius decided to not include BINOCS??????? Its an essential element on some of my tanks..... mostly TD's....... I mean seriously..... Its an effective nerf on TD's & further moves the game into dumb point blank shootout realm, removing long range sniping as an option without reliance on team mates. Another loss of subtlety/strategy!!!! An effective dumbing down of combat.

THANKS! (Sarcasm)

KittykattKat #14 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Corporal

• 17977 battles
  • [ARMD]
I may as well start selling all my TD's unless this is remedied. Hard enough to pay them with the recent flattening out of maps let alone now losing view range advantage - with old system most other classes of vehicle had better options. For a sniper class binocs are essential!

Joy_127 #15 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 43789 battles
  • [-IQ-]

Looks like I'm going to accumulate some more warning points.

Freaking times on equipment and good to skip them!!! 

Spam_in_a_can #16 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

Corporal

• 30265 battles
  • [TFGO]

Totally agree they are 'fixing' something that wasn't broken. But i guess there are two interpretations of 'fix'ing...all they should have done is increase the number of slots and introduce the new equipment options...and keep the binocs [edited].. and why we have to choose between optics and camo net. An improvement? Really?

instead all we have a ridiculously complicated system of spare parts and with 9 slots (too many), tanks that when fully equipped will dominate those not fully equipped. Which will lead to the result that they intended with this change..more money for them..

nothing more clearly demonstrates this than the moronic timers which just happen to be able to be bypassed by paying money..don't want to wait 3 months (ok a SLIGHT exaggeration) to fully equip your new tank, then pay up and pay up big.... Now maybe you won't pay (oh but you WILL at least once or twice or...) but how many kids are going to need that equipment NOW..

seriously [edited]... 

Edited by Spam_in_a_can, 26 April 2017 - 12:09 PM.

KittykattKat #17 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• 17977 battles
  • [ARMD]
Another good catch Spam..... not only are Binocs out but a td has to choose between shitty optics OR Camo???? REALLY? So be hidden but blind or easily spotted but can see..... yes a great f improvement!!  NOT!

SonderAbteilung #18 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34507 battles
  • [FOW]

Timers ???? .... (this part is heavily self censored due to the very orginal and imigiative type of insults combo that my mind has created towards WG and the blitz devs team...) -king ...TIMERS???!.... how possibly greedy (very tasty farm animal, but prohibited by 2 religions ) you are to charge gold to speed up an equipment slot when you already paid hard earned credits or spare parts for it!!. 

Houston...we have a serious problem here.... 

Laz_Diesalot #19 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

Corporal

• 23981 battles
  • [ARMD]
This whole new equipment thing screams "NERF" and "RIP-OFF" very loudly.

SonderAbteilung #20 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34507 battles
  • [FOW]
@ elphaba...  we are feeling this one hard even with a lot of lube... you gonna feel that this time , is hardest time you ever had to earn some money with wg. I know you're always in the front line.  I do and will try to have mercy and be kindda respectful . Good luck. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users