WG account security too poor?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Anaheim135 #1 Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

Corporal

• 14188 battles
  • [-RW-]
So I made this topic post is because I have been receiving messages from friends saying that their account has been hacked (From 20 different people at least), some are lucky enough to get it back and other have to restart fresh with real cash again which in my opinion is not efficient at all. At the moment WG has an authenticator that requires you to download an app and a phone number to add double layer security, this only applies to people who has smart phone like an Android or iOS and we all know that not everyone can afford one. If anyone play CS:GO here as well, you should probably know Anomaly if not then nevermind. He made a post about the similar thing I am doing right now but about Valve/Steam, however you want to call it. It was where I got my innovation of doing this post since ironically enough the process of doing the 2 step security authentication are literally the same, you need a smart phone. So please comment in this topic for the sake of your game progress, the money and time you spent on your account. (Probably just pray for WG to notice this post and take action about it...)

NovaWorks #2 Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 14551 battles
  • [SGT-1]

Yes, I am a victim of this since 2016 and I still have unwanted access in my account. I have been sending tickets to WG but they always ignore and delete my tickets thinking I was staging up a prank. 

In 2017, finally 1 out of my unlimited tickets was answered but all WG did was ask me to change my email and password. I mean, come on. Who would not know how to change their email and password? If that solves the issue, I would not need to send a ticket. The problem is the hacker does not need email or password to login once he get hold of an account. 

One of the solutions I wanted was to transfer our progress to a new account which the hacker does not have access to. Progress in this games takes a lot of time, effort and some people, money. I spent 3 years in this game and do not wish to restart for another 3 years.

I feel that WG should allow the transfer of account progress for the victims because they do not deserve such treatment to restart their progress just because of 1 foolish hacker and a greedy company. 

anthonylei01 #3 Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:57 AM

Captain

• 12669 battles
  • [CPVA]

the security measure is fine. Turning on 2 step verification is a must. You cannot blame WG since the security tool is provided to you. Once that is turned on, there is no way to change your personal details without the verification code sent to the designated phone. Furthermore, it is not possible to know your log in email account based on the in game name that you used. So, it is really your fault that you shared your log in details with friends. 

Also, the 2 step verification currently in place only requires a mobile phone that you can receive text messages. And are you suggesting you are not using a smartphone? That is very odd considering most of the phones in market are Android and iOS phone. 

So, in short, please turn on the 2 step verification and do not share your log in details with people that you don't trust. 

Edited by anthonylei01, 05 April 2017 - 01:01 AM.

Maddoxkkm #4 Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:26 AM

Captain

• 24133 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostAnaheim135, on 05 April 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

So I made this topic post is because I have been receiving messages from friends saying that their account has been hacked (From 20 different people at least), some are lucky enough to get it back and other have to restart fresh with real cash again which in my opinion is not efficient at all. At the moment WG has an authenticator that requires you to download an app and a phone number to add double layer security, this only applies to people who has smart phone like an Android or iOS and we all know that not everyone can afford one. If anyone play CS:GO here as well, you should probably know Anomaly if not then nevermind. He made a post about the similar thing I am doing right now but about Valve/Steam, however you want to call it. It was where I got my innovation of doing this post since ironically enough the process of doing the 2 step security authentication are literally the same, you need a smart phone. So please comment in this topic for the sake of your game progress, the money and time you spent on your account. (Probably just pray for WG to notice this post and take action about it...)

erm.... this game is designed for Smartphones in the first place..... so how the hell would you not have one ._.

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

NovaWorks #5 Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14551 battles
  • [SGT-1]

View Postanthonylei01, on 05 April 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

the security measure is fine. Turning on 2 step verification is a must. You cannot blame WG since the security tool is provided to you. Once that is turned on, there is no way to change your personal details without the verification code sent to the designated phone. Furthermore, it is not possible to know your log in email account based on the in game name that you used. So, it is really your fault that you shared your log in details with friends. 

Also, the 2 step verification currently in place only requires a mobile phone that you can receive text messages. And are you suggesting you are not using a smartphone? That is very odd considering most of the phones in market are Android and iOS phone. 

So, in short, please turn on the 2 step verification and do not share your log in details with people that you don't trust. 

If it is fine, how the heck is the hacker able to access my account after changing my email 3x and password 10x even after having 2 step verification on?

NovaWorks #6 Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14551 battles
  • [SGT-1]
Im monitoring the access control area and so far no suspicious activity after my 4th email change. Still need time to monitor it before I can make any conclusions.

Anaheim135 #7 Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

Corporal

• 14188 battles
  • [-RW-]
@Maddoxkkm, I use to play on a phone but know I mostly play it on Mac or Windows. Forgot to mention those 2 at the start when I made this.

Edited by Anaheim135, 05 April 2017 - 11:17 PM.

Miguel_P #8 Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

Corporal

• 10957 battles
  • [TECH]
I never gave WG my phone number for they never asked it, is it a bad thing? Besides I didn't spend any money to WG, except internet, phone, time, that stuff.

ranBULL_ #9 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Private

• 8521 battles
  • [FIEND]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 05 April 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

erm.... this game is designed for Smartphones in the first place..... so how the hell would you not have one ._.

LOL xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users