How to be a unicum - ultimate guide.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Maddoxkkm #21 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

Captain

• 24757 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostRepuplic_Thunderstreak, on 27 March 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

I also made a comment earlier saying I was only going to talk about AP and APCR in that post. 

Look at which post did you quoted. And tell me what did you just said.

nevertheless regardless of which post you quoted, I am just trying to add in extra information, because the words I will make a post about HE and HEAT separately as they are a very different shell type. is buried with words. It's not being made clear in the first line so I don't know.

Perhaps need to give some effort on paragraphing and point emphasising.

oh yeah i forgot you are a 13 year old. Forgot whether they taught that in school yet. Sorry mate. maybe when you are older you will understand.

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 27 March 2017 - 01:05 PM.

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

M95F_MirageLeviathan_ #22 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5599 battles
  • [-FR-]

Totally make sense for a unicum to said so

Spoiler

Edited by M95F_MirageLeviathan_, 27 March 2017 - 11:46 AM.

路過的萌新玩家, 請多多保養!!!

萌新除了黑槍以外就什麼都不會了,所以請各位大大來帶帶本萌新來讓萌新我黑槍

由於萌新是TD玩家所以前線和偵察苦手,所以來組隊的就請多多包涵了 (OxO)ノ

Maddoxkkm #23 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

Captain

• 24757 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostM95F_MirageLeviathan_, on 27 March 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

Totally make sense for a unicum to said so

I saw you driving your Lowe into the middle of winter malinovka and die in such a short time

Thanks for scolding me just because I use a TD and take a sniping position at early game!!!

If wasn't you can't even be staying alive, I could have make more damage into enemy!!!

Oh yeah that reminds me about a proclaimed Unicum Driving Maus Across open ground In the Camper side of the map, by the time he reached his yolo destination his maus only have 1000 health left. I guess we have to settle with that.
700 damage done the whole match btw.

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 27 March 2017 - 11:48 AM.

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Hokey_Pokey #24 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21020 battles
  • [ACE]

1. spam gold

2. play soviet tanks

ez

Edited by Hokey_Pokey, 27 March 2017 - 11:48 AM.

Maddoxkkm #25 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Captain

• 24757 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostHokey_Pokey, on 27 March 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

1. spam gold

2. play soviet tanks

ez

pretty much sums it up. more or less. 

but aren't the soviets getting nerfed? (i mean the medium duo already got knocked to the ground by that nerf hammer)

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

Hokey_Pokey #26 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21020 battles
  • [ACE]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 27 March 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

pretty much sums it up. more or less. 

but aren't the soviets getting nerfed? (i mean the medium duo already got knocked to the ground by that nerf hammer)

IS-7 and IS-4 line are still strong af 

Maddoxkkm #27 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Captain

• 24757 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostHokey_Pokey, on 27 March 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

IS-7 and IS-4 line are still strong af 

true dat. I still haven't managed to get the IS-4 because I am now currently grinding for the Medium to replace Obj.140 (STB)

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

M95F_MirageLeviathan_ #28 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5599 battles
  • [-FR-]

View PostHokey_Pokey, on 27 March 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

1. spam gold

2. play soviet tanks

ez

Oh my god, legendary player.....

A true unicum, you should write a thread so this thread can be close :P

路過的萌新玩家, 請多多保養!!!

ESG_The_Joker #29 Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

Corporal

• 1111 battles
  • [TCATS]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 27 March 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Another error found. Not all shell types obey these rules (except the penetration +25% -25% part).

HE never ricochets so the two caliber and three caliber rule doesn't apply.

HEAT ricochets at 85 degrees, with two caliber and three caliber rule not applying at all circumstances.

AP and APCR ricochets at 70 degrees (not taking into account normalization)

Also, there is a formula about the Two Caliber Rule. 

Spoiler

If you gotta make a post, at least do more research, not just talking stuff that is half correct 

edit: sorry for the numerical mistake, HEAT auto-ricochets at 85 degrees instead of 80

To add on, 

AP Normalisation is 5 degrees, APCR Normalisation is 3 degrees. So let's suppose there is 2 caliber rule in effect here, thus AP will get additional 5 degrees of normalisation (total 10 degrees), and APCR will get additional 2 degrees (total 4 degrees).

Edited by ESG_The_Joker, 27 March 2017 - 03:25 PM.

"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."
                                                                                   ~Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

ESG_The_Joker #30 Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• 1111 battles
  • [TCATS]

View PostRepuplic_Thunderstreak, on 26 March 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

2. Camouflage. Camouflage is commonly shortened to camo or said as concealment by WG. This is the factor that determines how easy it is for the enmies to spot your tank. There are values in percentages, that are not listed in tank stats. A quick look on the WG wiki or on a world of tanks guide may help you find the value for a particular tank. So here is my example. Let's make up a tank that has 10% concealment when stationary, 5% and 1% when shooting. The formula for calculating the distance at which your tank will be spotted is simply view range minus camo value. So a tier 10 medium with 260 meters view range will spot my fictional tank, when stationary, at a distance of 234 meters but will spot me at 257.4 meters when I shoot.

This means, if you are trying to stay hidden as a scout do not fire unless necessary. If you are a TD, make sure you make your shot count, make sure it hits and makes them feel it, before pulling into cover. The third value, is camo when moving. Some tanks, namely small mediums, have nearly the same camo when moving as stationary, such as an object 140, 16% when still and 13% when moving. Light tanks however, have the same camo value whether they are stationary or moving.

So how do I improve my camo if I am a scout or sniper TD? Painting camo onto the tank gives you a small bonus, 2,3 or 4% depending on your vehicle class. This can actually make a difference so spend those credits and gold. A camo net is very unecessary for a scout as it takes 5 seconds to activate and sitting still in a medium is not a good idea - especially on small maps. However, a sniper TD will want to sit in a bush and stay hidden, hopefully not moving its hull to reset the camo. Crew mastery boosters, (chocolate, pudding and tea, combat rations, improved ventilation) will also improve your camo. Another way to improve camo is to train the camouflage crew skill. Use a tank destroyer with 100% crew to train the crew skill to level 6. Why? Because it gives you a 18% boost to camo which is insane. However, you do need 900-2500 games in a Tank Destroyer with 100% crew to train to level 6 so it may take a while

So, if you are an E100 and your role is to get in their faces then you do not need to stay hidden, do not bother with wasting credits or gold to put camo on your tank and do not waste a equipment slot putting on a camo net. However, a grille 15 sniping with camo net, camo paint, chocolate and ventilation will add up to 30% to its concealment value, on top of it's 15%.This means, with 45% camo value, a Obj140 with 260 meters view range, will need to get to 143 meters to spot the grille 15.  

Okay I find this part very misleading.

Not sure how WoT concealment/spotting mechanics differ from WoTB but let's just assume they are the same. For all educational purposes I am going to link this forum thread here: http://forum-console...w-does-it-work/

Firstly, "The formula for calculating the distance at which your tank will be spotted  is simply view  range minus camo value."

From what I know from WoT, this is inaccurate
Camouflage works by deceasing the view range needed in order for enemy tanks to spot you ... by a percentage, not view range minus camo value. Let's assume the T-54 tank is situated in an open area, and it has X % camo rating/ value. So, for a spotter to spot the T-54, the spotter needs to come closer to the T-54 by X % versus if the T-54 had 0% camo rating. 

Secondly, there are different kinds of camo bonuses: additive and multiplicative. Additive camo bonuses gives fixed percentage boost, and include trees and bushes. Multiplicative camo bonus takes the base camo rating/value off the tank and multiplies it. They include camo skill, crew skill, ventilation, camouflage skin.

To sum it up: Base Camo x Multiplicative Camo Bonus + Additive Camo Bonus= Final Camo Value/ Rating
E.g.  Base Camo 15% x 101%(Crew) + 25% (Sitting in a small bush) = 40.15%

Please don't take it the wrong way, this is just a constructive comment. Of course I may be wrong about some of this information, so please correct me as well. 

Edited by ESG_The_Joker, 27 March 2017 - 03:11 PM.

"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."
                                                                                   ~Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

hqer #31 Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

Sergeant

• 11268 battles
  • [-RW-]

How to be a unicum

1. Dont tell others how to be a unicum

2. Farm more exp and damage from nubz

2000015521.png

InvisibleShadow #32 Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9428 battles
  • [ASFOW]

Helpful guide. Thx

To Maddoxkkm:

I'm afraid I have to defend Repuplic_Thunderstreak here. I understand you are still salty after the "worst team experiences" thread. However, Repuplic_Thunderstreak has alr apologised, plus this time he put in quite some time/effort to write this thread, so I think he deserves a break. So continue to give your constructive comments. Just don't keep adding pinches of salt to them. I understand Repuplic_Thunderstreak may be a little stuck up, but he is only 13, still has time to learn, and he's not that much of an asshat unlike South_West. Let's not turn this thread into a salt war.

To Repuplic_Thunderstreak:

You are bragging about your stats, and the title shows some stuck-up signs too. Don't. You are just irritating ppl and giving them a chance to salt you. Continue with your guide and listen to constructive comments. Stop your salt too.

Everyone stop being salty, basically. This thread might be helpful for newbies, let's not fill it with salty comments and give mods an excuse to lock this thread.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am being neutral, not taking anyone's side here. Pls don't salt me too... :)

Thanks in advance...I hope.

Edited by InvisibleShadow, 27 March 2017 - 11:20 PM.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

Maddoxkkm #33 Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

Captain

• 24757 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 28 March 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

Helpful guide. Thx

To Maddoxkkm:

I'm afraid I have to defend Repuplic_Thunderstreak here. I understand you are still salty after the "worst team experiences" thread. However, Repuplic_Thunderstreak has alr apologised, plus this time he put in quite some time/effort to write this thread, so I think he deserves a break. So continue to give your constructive comments. Just don't keep adding pinches of salt to them. I understand Repuplic_Thunderstreak may be a little stuck up, but he is only 13, still has time to learn, and he's not that much of an asshat unlike South_West. Let's not turn this thread into a salt war.

well he already took the war into PM anyways. I already left and deleted the conversation after seeing his immaturity.

I don't usually roast people on a daily basis. But when I do. It's either something wrong with that person or it's just me. 

I am okay with anyone posting guides to help players to get better, but not when he has once insulted them heavily then now writing guides to teach them. I don't care if that's him wanting to redeem himself. 

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 28 March 2017 - 12:39 AM.

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

Repuplic_Thunderstreak #34 Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:54 PM

Sergeant

• 27672 battles
  • [_IR_]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 28 March 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

well he already took the war into PM anyways. I already left and deleted the conversation after seeing his immaturity.

I don't usually roast people on a daily basis. But when I do. It's either something wrong with that person or it's just me. 

I am okay with anyone posting guides to help players to get better, but not when he has once insulted them heavily then now writing guides to teach them. I don't care if that's him wanting to redeem himself. 

My way to redeem myself is to have my clan and I smash FEAST in the Asia Grand Tournament (the one on friday). Be warned... actually... I am not sure if I will get a chance to do so, a 45% WR clan will smash you guys before our unicum clan has a chance to fight you.  Actually, I help certain people become better players through platooning and voicechat. Now I am sure you are too lazy to help people become better players but you sure are very proficient in insulting me. Also you are calling me a bad player because I messed up one game. As if you haven't seen 70% WR players from the PLV clan do 0 dmg once in a while?
The best player in the Jagdtiger by far.

Maddoxkkm #35 Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

Captain

• 24757 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostRepuplic_Thunderstreak, on 29 March 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

My way to redeem myself is to have my clan and I smash FEAST in the Asia Grand Tournament (the one on friday). Be warned... actually... I am not sure if I will get a chance to do so, a 45% WR clan will smash you guys before our unicum clan has a chance to fight you.  Actually, I help certain people become better players through platooning and voicechat. Now I am sure you are too lazy to help people become better players but you sure are very proficient in insulting me. Also you are calling me a bad player because I messed up one game. As if you haven't seen 70% WR players from the PLV clan do 0 dmg once in a while?

nice try daydreamer.

Not trying to disappoint you, but Unfortunately we have no plans for any tournaments in the near future. We are all busy in real life, not going too hardcore into a GAME.

Hopefully your dream will come true in the future.

Hope it doesn't take you too long before you can read this.... Schoolboy.

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 29 March 2017 - 01:07 AM.

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

Oddball__ #36 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21686 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 27 March 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Helpful guide. Thx

To Maddoxkkm:

To Repuplic_Thunderstreak:

You are bragging about your stats, and the title shows some stuck-up signs too. Don't. You are just irritating ppl and giving them a chance to salt you. Continue with your guide and listen to constructive comments. Stop your salt too.

Everyone stop being salty, basically. This thread might be helpful for newbies, let's not fill it with salty comments and give mods an excuse to lock this thread.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am being neutral, not taking anyone's side here. Pls don't salt me too... :)

Thanks in advance...I hope.

The amount of times you use the word "salt" in some form is out of control. Don't play it out dude.

InvisibleShadow #37 Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9428 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostOddball__, on 29 March 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

The amount of times you use the word "salt" in some form is out of control. Don't play it out dude.

Sorry if this question sounds stupid but is this meant to be a joke? Lol, also what do you mean by "don't play it out"

Edited by InvisibleShadow, 29 March 2017 - 08:01 AM.

Oddball__ #38 Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21686 battles
  • [SHIRE]
Ya don't take it too seriously :p . "Your level of sodium chloride was too high," or "There's too much Na going on." Don't play it out means use some synonyms! 

InvisibleShadow #39 Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9428 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostOddball__, on 29 March 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Ya don't take it too seriously :p . "Your level of sodium chloride was too high," or "There's too much Na going on." Don't play it out means use some synonyms! 

lol ok 

M95F_MirageLeviathan_ #40 Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5599 battles
  • [-FR-]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 29 March 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

nice try daydreamer.

Not trying to disappoint you, but Unfortunately we have no plans for any tournaments in the near future. We are all busy in real life, not going too hardcore into a GAME.

Hopefully your dream will come true in the future.

Hope it doesn't take you too long before you can read this.... Schoolboy.

True, only small kids get to play that tournaments

Because adults are still working so hard to earn their money for themselves and their kids

路過的萌新玩家, 請多多保養!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users