Slower Match Making in Blitz

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

NovaWorks #1 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15368 battles
  • [CATS]
Hi there! Recently I noticed that Blitz match making has been getting slower and slower each day to a point where high tiers such as tier 10 is almost impossible for me to play with ease. It took me more than 1 min to get into tier 9 matches and more than 2 minutes to get into tier 10 matches. Anyone else experiencing this or am I the only unlucky person still alive?

SonderAbteilung #2 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 37043 battles
  • [ASFOW]
Got similar issues. On average I have to wait 30 sec. Sometimes it is quick. Sometimes not( longest recently 2.30 min).... and then getting shitty MM...  However you need to know that I don't play supremacy and only touch screen players. So it might affect it. 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

NovaWorks #3 Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15368 battles
  • [CATS]
I experimented with and without supremacy and it is still the same. Mine is not on same control mode.

NovaWorks #4 Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15368 battles
  • [CATS]
Seriously, it is getting out of hand. Pls reply or fix it asap. You guys are the best company that does best at screwing things up.

azlansu #5 Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

Corporal

• 34261 battles
  • [MYTM]

Does WG ever listen?

NovaWorks #6 Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15368 battles
  • [CATS]

View Postazlansu, on 07 May 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Does WG ever listen?

They have ears, but they are only effective against the sound of the ATM Machine counting money instead of humans speaking

CynicalSilicon #7 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 4710 battles
  • [WG]

View PostNovaWorks, on 08 May 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

They have ears, but they are only effective against the sound of the ATM Machine counting money instead of humans speaking

Hi Novaworks, come on now! I have been tracking activity at Tier 9 and 10 especially after seeing your comment however there has been no change in activity on the Asia server.

The matchmaker can be affected at a more granular level depending on time of day - i.e. more players playing at specific times - so sometimes it can just come down to luck where the matchmaker is trying to balance teams.

Will keep an eye on it but as of now I dont see any specific issues.

Regards

CS

JK_STONE #8 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:18 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

Hi CS,

I'm a bit shocked that you actually don't see any issues... are we living in parallel worlds?!

Let me shared the data that we have.  The chart below shows how many people are connecting to the game; it would seem that the daily connection is about the same since R3.8.  However, you will notice the downward trending where numbers are dropping slowly and consistently.  (This is a good time to update LinkedIn profile)  What this chart doesn't show us the how many people who sign-in to the game every day actually played, how long (number of battles) do they play... or maybe many people signed-in to activate the next equipment timer without playing a game... that would be me!

The 2nd chart below is more meaningful and maybe you should worry a bit more.  Do you notice that both the daily (2-day to be exact) average online and peak online users have dropped drastically?  The daily peak has gone south and desperately needing blue pill to boost.  This is when you activate the trusty boost, WG (fake) Free Tank Event, to push the daily average and peak user count higher.  This will also hopefully drive up gold consumption and purchase.  We will see in 2-week if the little blue pill worked this time.

I seriously question if you even play this game on a regular basis to understand player's pain points, or do you simply read some report and assume everything is going fine.  Don't you think someone with NovaWorks experience and battle count would know there are peaks and valley when players are online playing.  From the chart, you can clearly see a major decrease of players playing in recent days or week, it's only natural for MatchingMaking queue to lengthen.  If you can just be honest about this, we will all move along instead of me writing up this long response with data to prove that you are living in another world.

As a producer of the game, I don't know how much influence you have over the game, but I have to say that your game count and experience about the gaming environment is terrible.  I doubt if you have even grind a major WG event from start to finish, and received a free tank without WG putting a free one in your garage.  Please don't tell me that you have a job to do and do not have the time to play the game... well, you know what, that's what many of us do... we have a day job, and we are still passionate about the game to play it with our own private time/resource.  But now only to be screw over by people who probably doesn't even play this game the second they leave office. 

Edited by JK_STONE, 09 May 2017 - 03:56 AM.

Good luck on the battlefield!

anthonylei01 #9 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:23 AM

Captain

• 12917 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostJK_STONE, on 09 May 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

lol.... I read your comments....

You got to understand, WG dev team is the team responsible for the update.

JK_STONE #10 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

View Postanthonylei01, on 09 May 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

haha... they cut-off my response when I click on 'submit'.  I guess they didn't like the negativism in my writing, so I had to re-write again, this time even longer than the first one!

anthonylei01 #11 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

Captain

• 12917 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostJK_STONE, on 09 May 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

haha... they cut-off my response when I click on 'submit'.  I guess they didn't like the negativism in my writing, so I had to re-write again, this time even longer than the first one!

mmmm.... I dont know whether you know any players from the RU server. A lot of posts / responses usually disappear without warning..... and some keywords including non-WG game titles are banned in the forum.

Maddoxkkm #12 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:37 AM

Captain

• 25087 battles
  • [FEAST]

View Postanthonylei01, on 09 May 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

The current Dev team is imo has no experience whatsoever. 

I have no experience in game development as well but I wouldn't risk throwing players who like this game out of the window.

I would rather revert everything back to where Overlord left it and restart everything from there.

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

CynicalSilicon #13 Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 4710 battles
  • [WG]

Hi JK_STONE, thanks for the lovely message - always appreciate it when things get personal :) Will do you the courtesy of answering the underlying question.

Will ignore all the other stuff because a) you don't know me and you certainly don't know how I play or my experience in the game and b) I created the "Ask the Producer" section to answer players' questions as best I can. As someone else already mentioned there is a difference between a regional producer (me) and the global development team - and we certainly have differing opinions on lots of elements relating to the game. Is everything just peachy with Blitz right now? Clearly not and don't for one second think you are the only player I have spoken to / heard from. 

Back to the case in hand, I should clarify my response to Novaworks original question, which was posted on March 21st and therefore has little to do with recent game activity (and therefore not with 3.8 either).

His specific question was - at that time - he was having issues with matchmaking at Tier 9 and 10. Therefore I specifically tracked individual battle activity and matchmaker activity calibrated against CCUs (I have the good fortune of having access to the raw data which as you mentioned your chart doesn't show) for tiers 9 and 10 from a period 3 months before March 21st to today and was therefore able to analyse if there has been anything systematic which would cause the issue raised. So far I do not see anything that qualifies as systematic.

I have also asked the development team to see if there was a specific separate issue affecting the matchmaker, as we have seen some instances where it can take longer to get into the game than usual, although this was happening at other tiers as well. Still waiting to here if they have discovered any issues.

Hi NovaWorks, hope that answers your question appropriately. Let me know if you or others are still facing this issue.

See you on the battlefield. Come join our training sessions and live streams as well. There are plenty of opportunities to come and troll the hell out of my inadequacies (in-game or otherwise):popcorn:

CS

SARNIA #14 Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

Sergeant

• 39521 battles
  • [ECL_]

That was fair. Comment by Cynical and if we think about it compared to other games the wait is not excessive and is a product of player activity not algorithms so perhaps there are more pressing issues with the game than wait time?

Think before it is too late.  EDB

JK_STONE #15 Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

View PostCynicalSilicon, on 10 May 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hi JK_STONE, thanks for the lovely message - always appreciate it when things get personal :) Will do you the courtesy of answering the underlying question.

Will ignore all the other stuff because a) you don't know me and you certainly don't know how I play or my experience in the game and b) I created the "Ask the Producer" section to answer players' questions as best I can. As someone else already mentioned there is a difference between a regional producer (me) and the global development team - and we certainly have differing opinions on lots of elements relating to the game. Is everything just peachy with Blitz right now? Clearly not and don't for one second think you are the only player I have spoken to / heard from. 

Back to the case in hand, I should clarify my response to Novaworks original question, which was posted on March 21st and therefore has little to do with recent game activity (and therefore not with 3.8 either).

His specific question was - at that time - he was having issues with matchmaking at Tier 9 and 10. Therefore I specifically tracked individual battle activity and matchmaker activity calibrated against CCUs (I have the good fortune of having access to the raw data which as you mentioned your chart doesn't show) for tiers 9 and 10 from a period 3 months before March 21st to today and was therefore able to analyse if there has been anything systematic which would cause the issue raised. So far I do not see anything that qualifies as systematic.

I have also asked the development team to see if there was a specific separate issue affecting the matchmaker, as we have seen some instances where it can take longer to get into the game than usual, although this was happening at other tiers as well. Still waiting to here if they have discovered any issues.

Hi NovaWorks, hope that answers your question appropriately. Let me know if you or others are still facing this issue.

See you on the battlefield. Come join our training sessions and live streams as well. There are plenty of opportunities to come and troll the hell out of my inadequacies (in-game or otherwise):popcorn:

CS

Hi CS,

Fair enough... I'm usually good with constructive feedback, maybe I was a bit hard on you for this one.  This is a game that I once loved and spent countless hours of deprived sleep on.

MM queue has lengthen across the board, may or may not be directly related to R3.8.  Having options to switch on/off (Encounter Only, Same Device) is one of the biggest root causes of longer queue time.  Basically these options have further divided player base and availability to join into game.  Coupled with recent ongoing dissatisfied community, it's understandable that MM queue has increase across all tier. I don't have to like the time increase for the queue, but I have to accept this consequence is partially result of my choice to exclude Supremacy and play with same device only.

Also, I don't need to always like the answer you give us,  (even saying 'no', that's not going to happen in this life-time), but I will accept it. I always prefer a straight-forward truth on what's going on.  Community relies on 'information' to not go crazy guessing what might or might not happen.  It's human behavior to fill-in the blanks when we are not getting any feedback or response.  Sometime a simple, it's not on our road-map or it's not going to happen, period, will kill rumors instantly. If something is in the pipe-line being consider for review, then, just say that it's 'under review only'.  I also would prefer a more sane and positive community, but we need someone from your side to provide more 'timely' update.  Don't let the community burn in wild fire, it makes recovery much more difficult.

Edited by JK_STONE, 10 May 2017 - 11:32 AM.

NovaWorks #16 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15368 battles
  • [CATS]

View PostCynicalSilicon, on 10 May 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

CS

Took long enough, but sure, at least you did something.

xXFighter888Xx #17 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 21087 battles
  • [SGTH1]
Gosh I just spent 10min reading everything 

Senpais teach me the way of WoT pls :3 I nub 

NovaWorks #18 Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15368 battles
  • [CATS]

View PostxXFighter888Xx, on 13 May 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

Gosh I just spent 10min reading everything 

Basically thats what happens to slow responses, more questions and anger

xXFighter888Xx #19 Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21087 battles
  • [SGTH1]

View PostNovaWorks, on 14 May 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

Basically thats what happens to slow responses, more questions and anger

anyway let me release my anger

*cough cough*

Y is it that I sent an application to ur clan for 1 week and only 1 deputy responded, asking me da reason. After I stated why, no more answer.

And then I cried in a corner.

Senpais teach me the way of WoT pls :3 I nub 

SARNIA #20 Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

Sergeant

• 39521 battles
  • [ECL_]

I think the issue is that we get bland media release type response the recent statements about having to constantly evolve et al in reality content such as enhanced player experience and new maps would keep this game going things like new trees and battle mode not fantasy rubbish and this rebalancing continually.

The classic wot game has evolved with out this rubbish do the developers not under stand that the classic style and good graphics are the draw card for most! I for one would welcome small enhancements like variety in reticules and I certainly would like to not be forced to play supremacy by getting missions when I have supremacy firmly turned off. As for the gold for equipment timers simply greed undisguised! Knowing the psychology of young people to want it now and exploiting it! 

The came should evolve like the pc version.

so saying otherwise to justify alienation of player base is simply dishonest.

I am one of the people who love the game have invested in the game and would hate not to play it I am not alone in thinking I must give up because my unhappiness at the direction the game is taking now outweighs the pleasure of playing.

shame on you developers!

Think before it is too late.  EDB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users