Premium Heavy tank

heavy light medium US Russian Soviet Nazi German British Japan

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

chokhulet #1 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

Sergeant

• 6454 battles
  • [N0YPI]
In the current line up, which of the premium heavies is good? I am thinking of IS-6, T34, Lowe, and the other heavies tier 7 but according to the stats T34 seems to have better armor while IS-6 seems to have btter guns... According to your experience in both using and fighting against it, which of those tanks are better?

SxClegend #2 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2091 battles
  • [DERPU]
Did you forget the angled armour on the is6?On paper the stats may not be impressive but the angling will make a big difference in battle....:justwait:
All i want in world of tanks blitz is a type 62....or maybe a su100y.Please let the tenks fall out of the sky for me

mrcg82_T55 #3 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

Sergeant

• 25726 battles
  • [MYTH_]
is6 with some space armor good to yolo and died alone.. or iowe if u like camp fire and died after the rest of the team.. in serious note; take is6 if your 1st prem tank

Neb10k #4 Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 43364 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Is6

The_Crow95_ #5 Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Corporal

• 832 battles

Gun=lowe

Armor&speed=IS-6

Depression=T34

Purely depends on your preference

Don't add me just because you saw my ign in forum, thank you.

Rinskiev #6 Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Sergeant

• 7718 battles
  • [UNITY]
I have the T34 and yes, it has a quite good armour, and yes it has a good depression but it is very very slow. I appreciate more and more tanks that are fast. I don't do well at all with this tank. If you like fast tanks (to relocate, to help team mates, to use for your benefit some good situation or just scape if suddenly I am not in the correct spot) don't get T34

Oddball__ #7 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21677 battles
  • [SHIRE]
T34 and armor? HA!

Joy_127 #8 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 44841 battles
  • [-IQ-]
Is6 is way better than any other premium at teir8

Diamond114 #9 Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• 14175 battles
  • [408]

T34 has slow mobility and traverse, rather slow reload, questionable accuracy, and terrible hull armor when caught in the open. However, to compensate it has a strong turret armor with gun depression to use it, highest pen value at Tier VIII, and highest average alpha at Tier VIII

IS-6 wins on most respects to T34 as far as effective armor, mobility, and reload times. However, stock gun while fires faster has piss-poor penetration for Tier VIII and accuracy is still bad anyways. Second gun has better penetration but slower reload

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN

Adapt and overcome, there's no such thing as a bad tank, only bad drivers, bad teams, and bad luck

chokhulet #10 Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Sergeant

• 6454 battles
  • [N0YPI]

View PostDiamond114, on 16 March 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

T34 has slow mobility and traverse, rather slow reload, questionable accuracy, and terrible hull armor when caught in the open. However, to compensate it has a strong turret armor with gun depression to use it, highest pen value at Tier VIII, and highest average alpha at Tier VIII

IS-6 wins on most respects to T34 as far as effective armor, mobility, and reload times. However, stock gun while fires faster has piss-poor penetration for Tier VIII and accuracy is still bad anyways. Second gun has better penetration but slower reload

Second gun has better penetration? .. ok but how about the accuracy? Does it hit targets well evej at long range

Lord_Melchett #11 Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

Sergeant

• 13098 battles
  • [1914]

View Postchokhulet, on 16 March 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Second gun has better penetration? .. ok but how about the accuracy? Does it hit targets well evej at long range

It's Russian, so no.

Oddball__ #12 Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21677 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Postchokhulet, on 16 March 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Not any better!

SilencerMuto #13 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:03 AM

Sergeant

• 14310 battles
  • [LIBRA]

Lowe you need map awareness.

is6 you just need to twerk. 

Repuplic_Thunderstreak #14 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Sergeant

• 27586 battles
  • [_IR_]
You guys are all pretty much giving answers with 5 or so words. Let me explain. First I would like to rebut someone who said the IS6 is YOLO friendly. With 1470HP three good hits will send you to spectator mode. The Lowe is not all abou the gun. T34 is not all about the depression. Now I may start :) The IS6 is the most popular tank - rightly so, most unicum players regard this tank as the best tier 8 premium. The gun is fairly decent for close range fighting, high alpha good pen but its horrible accuracy means it cannot be used at ranges greater than 200 meters unless you are shooting at an AFK TOG II. The IS6 is a very good tank to reverse side sidescrape, reasonably good at hull down but limited by gun depression. The IS6 can easily carry at tier 8 games but against tier 9s it is just a peek a boom tank, hide behind your allies, wait till the enemy takes a shot and pull out and hit them with the 122mm gun. The T34 is a great hull down tank as it has exceptional gun depression, a very strong turret, Tier 9 TD using APCR is not guarantted pen. The T34 is not beginner friendly in any way, shape or form. It is slow, you must put it in a good spot at the start of a game, it has no armour on the hull, you must hull down, long aim and bad accuracy ccoupled with high pen, high alph and low reload means you must make every shot count, patience is needed. T34 is a support tank. It cannot carry like IS6 unless the player is in a perfect hull down position and making each shot count. The Lowe is somewhat in between the T34 and IS6 but also quite different. The Lowe turret is strong but you must keep moving, never sit and let them aim for your weak turret cheeks. The Lowe hull is decent enough to bounce shots when angled perfectly but it requires skill. The Lowe gun is where it shines. It has high penetration, nearly 300 with APCR, it has high velocity and excellant accuracy. You can easily snipe with it, although a 95 ton tank that puts the E100 to shame sitting on a hill may attract insults from teamates. The Lowe is a pure support tank. You must platoon with someone, they will soak the hits and you will do the damage. Also it makes the best credits. 40% more than IS6, a 3000dmg game with premium will net you 120K credits. Your choice now.
The best player in the Jagdtiger by far.

chokhulet #15 Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:04 AM

Sergeant

• 6454 battles
  • [N0YPI]

View PostRepuplic_Thunderstreak, on 17 March 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

You guys are all pretty much giving answers with 5 or so words. Let me explain. First I would like to rebut someone who said the IS6 is YOLO friendly. With 1470HP three good hits will send you to spectator mode. The Lowe is not all abou the gun. T34 is not all about the depression. Now I may start :) The IS6 is the most popular tank - rightly so, most unicum players regard this tank as the best tier 8 premium. The gun is fairly decent for close range fighting, high alpha good pen but its horrible accuracy means it cannot be used at ranges greater than 200 meters unless you are shooting at an AFK TOG II. The IS6 is a very good tank to reverse side sidescrape, reasonably good at hull down but limited by gun depression. The IS6 can easily carry at tier 8 games but against tier 9s it is just a peek a boom tank, hide behind your allies, wait till the enemy takes a shot and pull out and hit them with the 122mm gun. The T34 is a great hull down tank as it has exceptional gun depression, a very strong turret, Tier 9 TD using APCR is not guarantted pen. The T34 is not beginner friendly in any way, shape or form. It is slow, you must put it in a good spot at the start of a game, it has no armour on the hull, you must hull down, long aim and bad accuracy ccoupled with high pen, high alph and low reload means you must make every shot count, patience is needed. T34 is a support tank. It cannot carry like IS6 unless the player is in a perfect hull down position and making each shot count. The Lowe is somewhat in between the T34 and IS6 but also quite different. The Lowe turret is strong but you must keep moving, never sit and let them aim for your weak turret cheeks. The Lowe hull is decent enough to bounce shots when angled perfectly but it requires skill. The Lowe gun is where it shines. It has high penetration, nearly 300 with APCR, it has high velocity and excellant accuracy. You can easily snipe with it, although a 95 ton tank that puts the E100 to shame sitting on a hill may attract insults from teamates. The Lowe is a pure support tank. You must platoon with someone, they will soak the hits and you will do the damage. Also it makes the best credits. 40% more than IS6, a 3000dmg game with premium will net you 120K credits. Your choice now.

Thank you for information... and you gave so much to it and makes me decide quicker than I plan.. and  I trust and believe you because you been playing this for more than 20,000 times and it is just WOW.... how can I now trust you... I will buy Lowe and probably the IS-6 when the discount is implemented again...thank you and please add me in your list and we can platoon too

chokhulet #16 Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Sergeant

• 6454 battles
  • [N0YPI]

View PostNeoXenoZ, on 17 March 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

It really just depends on playstyle, for beginners i suggest IS-6. But it's up to you

yes you are right... I love heavies and TDs the most... so its either I go to frontline with heavies or stay back far from frontline with a destroyer to snipe ... but sometimes even with heavies I snipe and with a destroyer I come closer behind my allies... and yes it seems like the Lowe may provide my need for my playstyle... as the other guys had said that I can snipe with Lowe ... soeither I go in frontline with lowe or snipe...

chokhulet #17 Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:45 AM

Sergeant

• 6454 battles
  • [N0YPI]
I just bought the Lowe 1 or 2 hours ago and I really love it...

The_Crow95_ #18 Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

Corporal

• 832 battles

View Postchokhulet, on 18 March 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

I just bought the Lowe 1 or 2 hours ago and I really love it...

good to heard that, seems you're also a fan of a gun

Don't add me just because you saw my ign in forum, thank you.

chokhulet #19 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

Sergeant

• 6454 battles
  • [N0YPI]

View PostNeoXenoZ, on 18 March 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

*Few days later you get bored* That's how i do it with my Panzer V/IV

Panzer V/IV is premium medium tank without gun depression... but good at ramming ... I have it from someone who give it to random people... and yes I dislike it as it was not fitting my style.... But NO NO NO you are wrong.... 3 months had pass since I bought my LOWE and I still love it.... Heavy tank that can snipe? What can you dislike from it? Well the speed is not so fast to chase mediums and light but the gun is where it shine...and the turret is also so strong if you hulldown...

chokhulet #20 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

Sergeant

• 6454 battles
  • [N0YPI]
I have another question..... is the KV-5 good? And I didnot know IS-5 exist until I saw someone play with it.. how did they get IS-5?

Also tagged with heavy, light, medium, US, Russian, Soviet, Nazi, German, British, Japan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users