Fail Platoon

Fail platoon platoon Abuse

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

stealth250 #1 Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:09 AM

Sergeant

• 7308 battles

Just came from WoTB after suffering three loses in a row. As the title suggests, its a complaint about fail platooning. Its ruining the game. There are two guys who are in a platoon, one of them is a panther and the other is a dw2. They were in my team all three times. A dw2 can not do anything in a tier 9 match, all he did was camp at the back. Its really p*ssing me off now. Why is this still possible?!

"Attack with speed and stealth. WoTB battles aren't battles of attrition, they are battles of ambushing then overwhelming the enemy with speed and superior numbers"

Artisto81 #2 Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles
Sometimes the teaam with a fail platoon wins, because they're enemy think very lighly of them, and that make the rest of their team works together. Well, I guess not in your case.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Chalks #3 Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 13427 battles

It can't be hard to fix. Pick a tank. Your platoon mate can't pick one more than two tiers higher or lower. Easy.

I'm still dirty about getting same tier platoons on my team that consist of two really bad inexperienced players. The sort of fellas that sit stationary in their IS-6 facing an E100 twenty metres away and repeatedly fire at his upper glacis...

An IS-6 can pen an E100 lower glacis. Can't it?

The last time I saw a good old fashioned Unicum Platoon it was ribikun and a mate of his on the other team. We lost 7 nil. MM must have felt sorry for them and decided to give them a third Unicum ffs....

Edited by Chalks, 08 December 2014 - 06:47 AM.

OP_Assassin #4 Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9985 battles
  • [_IR_]

View PostChalks, on 08 December 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

It can't be hard to fix. Pick a tank. Your platoon mate can't pick one more than two tiers higher or lower. Easy.

I'm still dirty about getting same tier platoons on my team that consist of two really bad inexperienced players. The sort of fellas that sit stationary in their IS-6 facing an E100 twenty metres away and repeatedly fire at his upper glacis...

I don't think so. Lol

Pimp_Daddy_XR #5 Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

Captain

• 43092 battles

I think WG should only allow +/- 1 tier with platooning.

Fail platooning should have been stopped many updates ago (in a Blitz galaxy far far away?). They sensibly stopped friendly fire ages ago - fail platoon should also be in the Blitz dustbin already.

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

Artisto81 #6 Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles

View PostChalks, on 08 December 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

The last time I saw a good old fashioned Unicum Platoon it was ribikun and a mate of his on the other team. We lost 7 nil. MM must have felt sorry for them and decided to give them a third Unicum ffs....

Maybe he got panicked. An E -100 can be avery intimidating to other heavy tank, espescially 2 tier lower with bad pen. Earlier today I play solo with my IS-6, at the end of tbe game we nearly won with a jagdtiger as a so,e remaining enemy tank. My team mates offered to me to follow them and finish him. I politely refused because: a. My gun pen is bad, b. I won't risk getting killed, c. I got confident that my team mates would finish him before I get there ( the jagdtiger is in the hill portion of middleburg). So I sat nicely in the cap circle until they slaughter him at the expense of our IS-8 and the cap timer went to 100.

Edited by Artisto81, 08 December 2014 - 08:42 AM.

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

stealth250 #7 Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

Sergeant

• 7308 battles

View PostChalks, on 08 December 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Nope, is6 cant pen the lower plate even with APCR

View PostArtisto81, on 08 December 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

Maybe he got panicked. An E -100 can be avery intimidating to other heavy tank, espescially 2 tier lower with bad pen. Earlier today I play solo with my IS-6, at the end of tbe game we nearly won with a jagdtiger as a so,e remaining enemy tank. My team mates offered to me to follow them and finish him. I politely refused because: a. My gun pen is bad, b. I won't risk getting killed, c. I got confident that my team mates would finish him before I get there ( the jagdtiger is in the hill portion of middleburg). So I sat nicely in the cap circle until they slaughter him at the expense of our IS-8 and the cap timer went to 100.

I am sorry, but I dont understand that, why would anyone shoot at the upper plate under any circumstance? He might have panicked and missed his shot at the lower glacis, but why would anyone purposely shoot at the upper plate. Either way, i think it was due to the accuracy on the is6's gun, you cant hit anything

"Attack with speed and stealth. WoTB battles aren't battles of attrition, they are battles of ambushing then overwhelming the enemy with speed and superior numbers"

RoneMok #8 Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Captain

• 18283 battles
  • [LORDS]

View PostChalks, on 08 December 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

I think I ever saw a tier I in a tier V fight, brought in by a platoon mate. It was chicken wings for barbeque for the enemy.

BossHogget #9 Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:53 AM

Corporal

• 6198 battles

View PostPimp_Daddy_XR, on 08 December 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

Fail platooning should have been stopped many updates ago (in a Blitz galaxy far far away?). They sensibly stopped friendly fire ages ago - fail platoon should also be in the Blitz dustbin already.

I agree for the most part but I think the platooning should be limited to same tier only.

For example: if I platoon with a buddy and I'm in my tier6 and he pairs up in his tier5 then potentially he could be facing tier8 tanks in the opposition team due to the match making of my tier6 tank. A tier5 in an 8 game is a waste of space and an easy one or two shot kill for the opfor.

I have seen a few of these fail platoons and it really annoys me to know our team is down one tank at the very start not including the BBIC players and the sniping heavys.

Ban the fail platoons!:angry:

Artisto81 #10 Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:58 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles

View PostBossHogget, on 09 December 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I agree for the most part but I think the platooning should be limited to same tier only.

For example: if I platoon with a buddy and I'm in my tier6 and he pairs up in his tier5 then potentially he could be facing tier8 tanks in the opposition team due to the match making of my

tier6 tank. A tier5 in an 8 game is a waste of space and an easy one or two shot kill for the opfor.

I have seen a few of these fail platoons and it

really annoys me to know our team is down one tank at the very start not including the BBIC players and the sniping heavys.

But, tier 9 platooned with tier 8, or tier 10 with tier 9 is still a viable option.

BossHogget #11 Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

Corporal

• 6198 battles

View PostArtisto81, on 09 December 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

But, tier 9 platooned with tier 8, or tier 10 with tier 9 is still a viable option.

For sure, but MM does that anyway. A tier8 can see tier10 in matches just due to the match making process.

CHrist1an22 #12 Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9632 battles
  • [DWT]

View PostBossHogget, on 09 December 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

View PostPimp_Daddy_XR, on 08 December 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

For example: if I platoon with a buddy and I'm in my tier6 and he pairs up in his tier5 then potentially he could be facing tier8 tanks in the opposition team due to the match making of my tier6 tank. A tier5 in an 8 game is a waste of space and an easy one or two shot kill for the opfor.

I have seen a few of these fail platoons and it really annoys me to know our team is down one tank at the very start not including the BBIC players and the sniping heavys.

I was in a fail plat just now. With One_of_Last. I was lucky that my Tiger I had the L/71 otherwise I was dead weight. Damaged and destroyed an IS-3, damaged an E-100 and T-62A til I was destroyed by T-62A. Was my first tier 10 game + earned more than my higher tier plat mate and Object 268.

BossHogget #13 Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

Corporal

• 6198 battles

View PostCHrist1an22, on 09 December 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

I was in a fail plat just now. With One_of_Last. I was lucky that my Tiger I had the L/71 otherwise I was dead weight. Damaged and destroyed an IS-3, damaged an E-100 and T-62A til I was destroyed by T-62A. Was my first tier 10 game + earned more than my higher tier plat mate and Object 268.

That's probably more the exception than the rule. 99% of the time a fail platoon is just that. A "fail" platoon. Exceptions can be made for good players but the majority of the time it isn't "good" players that are doing it.

OP_Assassin #14 Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9985 battles
  • [_IR_]

View PostArtisto81, on 09 December 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

it is but really the MM stuffs the games up sometimes giving enemy team unfair adv

Also tagged with Fail platoon, platoon, Abuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users