• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Neb10k #41 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 44279 battles
  • [HAVOC]

View PostJK_STONE, on 06 March 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

Hi C.A.

I have also played from ground up and grind every single tank from stock (50% or 75%).  I use Gold for garage slot, and only when it's on sale, which I felt is worth investing into this game.

With that said, you cannot blame stock tank and not willing to spend $ as the only reason for the low WR. I know players who have not spend one single penny on this game and has 60%+ WR. You know you can shoot premium rounds and get most add-on (Consumables, Provision, Equipment, etc...) without spending gold or $.  May I suggest that you first focus on playing only in the lower tiers (i.e. 1-5).  You can play all lines and get a feel for a particular tank type that you can win 'consistently' in.  If you play more games at lower tiers, eventually you should see a pattern of a particular line or nation or type that you do well.  At that point, you can begin progressing down tier 6+ focusing on one line or type.  By this time you should be able to win consistently in tier 1-5, and you should have build up a decent credit (at least 5 million) for higher tiers.  Your crew skills should be above 3 and reaching level 4, this will help you in future higher tier tanks performance.  Also your FreeXP should be accumulating and be sure to save those for later tiers (i.e. 8+).

When I started, I grinded every line at the same time (back then only 3 nations and 3-4 lines per nation).  I progress decently in the lower tiers, but noticed it got increasingly difficult to win each tier I move up.  Finally when I hit tier 8, it was a major wake-up call.  Back then I didn't check stats (I didn't know about these website) and didn't come to forum to get useful information and feedback from other players.  So, I stop moving up and went back to lower tiers (mostly 3-6), and apply what I have learned from forum members and video contributors.  This is when my game begin to turn around and I started enjoy some success in this game.  Don't feel ashamed for playing the lower tier, there is a few well known great player on the forum who plays mostly around tier 5.  I would say, playing in tier 8+ is very different and extremely challenging, esp if you don't have the basics.  At tier 8+, I would say it's almost impossible to have a decent WR with stock tank and modules (i.e. gun/engine/tracks).  This is where all the saved up FreeXP will help.  I banked over 200k+ of FreeXP and never used any of it below tier 8, despite some of the challenging tier 7 grinds.  Now I can comfortably unlock top gun on few tanks in tier 8, so I can compete.  Recently I finally got my first tier 9 tank, I might be the slowest person to get to tier 9 with my battle count, but oh well, I'm not in a rush.

So, in conclusion, go back to focus on lower tier and build-up your credit, crew skills, and FreeXP.  Once you go beyond tier 6, try to focus on one line or one tank type.  Most important, this is a team game, how you perform will affect others.  It's a great game, and will be even more enjoyable when you understand how to make the tank perform. If you need platoon help in the lower tier, you can look for me.  Most people on the forum are decent people who are wiling to help, just need to ask.... and good luck on the battlefield!

Good advice.

TheCapt #42 Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21117 battles
  • [DERPU]

To all the guys who bagged CA, I hope when I look at all YOUR stats they are well over 60% across all of your tanks!

CA admitted he made a mistake in posting his original comment, but that doesn't give you the right to tear him a new one.

Perhaps post some links to Youtube clips that you think might be useful to him to allow him to learn.

Better still, friend him in the game and PLATOON with him to teach him, especially because you are all so bloody great!

CA - mate, keep plugging away. I have sent you a friend request, would be happy to help you out. I was a total noob for my first 7k battles until I started watching clips and platooning, since then I have increased my WR a whole lot.

Gentleman Tanker.

Creighton_Abrams #43 Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15708 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Thanks for the Morale Support - that's really appreciated.

I do, understand that I am not the "Worlds" best player, and yes - I'm often telling myself that I played "less than performant" - though are there any stats for being last in the game before being killed off ?...

The Game play has many things to learn about - not just the tank, and the opposition tanks - it's a multi-faceted learning process - and some learn quicker than others.

I do however,  have one additional question for those experienced players.  Does the "Crew Training" have any relevance towards which level you should be migrating to ?

For example, in the Description section (I play PC only), I see Crew Training Levels I through to VI - do these have any relationship to the Tank Tier ?

Is there a Crew Level of Training that you should be at, for any particular Tier ?

C.A.

Lord_Melchett #44 Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Sergeant

• 14188 battles
  • [1914]

Crew training.

Every battle, you earn crew experience, usually the same amount as combat experience (there are multipliers and boosters and bonuses, but the base is the same).

If your crew in that particular tank is less than 100%, the crew experience goes towards increasing the crew skills in that tank.

Once your tank crew skills are at 100%, and for all premium tanks, the crew skills go towards general crew skills training in particular skills.  Each type of tank (light,medium, heavy, TD) has a series of skills that are progressively trained, and you have to play that type of tank to earn those skills - but once learned, the skills apply to all tank types.

Each skill has 6 levels, with greater advantages.  Once you have learned all level 1 skills, it automatically goes back and starts at level 2.

So your crew skills levels will go up the more you play, but there is no direct correlation with tank tier.

Creighton_Abrams #45 Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15708 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Thanks - I was thinking that perhaps I should be playing 1000's of games at the lower tiers in order to achieve Crew Level VI - which would presumably help at higher tiers during combat, and alleviate the uneven ground issue I questioned within another post...

I've recently been focusing upon my "Stats" as has been sort of suggested here, and although they've gone up a bit, there's one thing I'd like to check upon - if the team you're in looses, regardless whether you are alive or not,  then your stats go down... is that correct ? 

The__Trooper #46 Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Corporal

• 690 battles
  • [AUSIE]

You should have some tank you like to play that you do well in. If you drive that for a long time you will build crew skills and accumulate credits and free XP. You will also help your win rate if that matters. 

Your stats do not automatically go down with a loss. Your win rate will obviously but stats linked to damage and kills could go up. You could lose and still do lots of damage. Or kills lots of enemies. So a loss is really only win rate and your team can make that hard. The rest of your stats are up to you. Try to not take damage and dish it out. Your stats will improve even if you lose if you do.

South_West #47 Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

Sergeant

• 9533 battles
  • [CPVA]

What a troll post....

Players like the OP are the reason why I have to carry so hard in every game. Sometimes I question why players like you keep playing. 

The__Trooper #48 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

Corporal

• 690 battles
  • [AUSIE]

View PostSouth_West, on 10 March 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

What a troll post....

Players like the OP are the reason why I have to carry so hard in every game. Sometimes I question why players like you keep playing. 

Players like you need players who are still learning and not naturally gifted with these particular skills so that you can look good and enjoy feeling superior. The world would be a very boring place if everyone had the same skills.

JK_STONE #49 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:41 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 10 March 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Thanks - I was thinking that perhaps I should be playing 1000's of games at the lower tiers in order to achieve Crew Level VI - which would presumably help at higher tiers during combat, and alleviate the uneven ground issue I questioned within another post...

I've recently been focusing upon my "Stats" as has been sort of suggested here, and although they've gone up a bit, there's one thing I'd like to check upon - if the team you're in looses, regardless whether you are alive or not,  then your stats go down... is that correct ? 

Hi C.A.,

If you lose, WR will still down, but your 'damage', 'kill', 'spot'... etc... those still counts.  You can have a below 50% WR and still have good WN7/8 raing, but typically if you do damage/kill consistently, you will should win more too.  I also noob hard when I first started, I understand what you are going through. Other than doing damage/kill, it's also important you 'lead' the charge and 'stay alive'.  When you have improved on your kill/damage ratio to be above 1, you need to focus on how to 'lead' and 'stay alive'.  

Leading is an act that will help less experience player on the team to move toward the direction you are moving, i.e. new player often waits for teammates to move first before deciding where to go.  When you are more experience, you should know on each map given your team's tank type, and OPFOR tank type, where you want to move immediately from the start.  If you hesitate for few seconds, that's the difference between holding a key point and winning the battle.  

Anyway, knowing where to go on the map will come with experience and battles played (or watch video on how others play), but stay alive should be easier to understand.  When you see OPFOR team is light-up and you are alone moving toward that direction, STOP, and move the other way.  Try not put yourself into a situation where you have to fight against multiple tanks alone.  (This is another reason why you should always avoid traveling alone, unless you are super unicum players in OP tanks) Also, don't go help a tank who 'yolo' to their death.  Often time you will see players who just rush to the front, and instant death.  Unless your entire team is headed toward that direction, don't try to go and help these suicide yolo-players. You won't be able to save them, and they will die regardless, and if you go and try to help, you will die soon too.  Once you understand how to not trade damage, you need to stay alive longer, so you can do more damage and help the team win.

YouTube has many great videos, and there are many famous forum contributors.  My recent favorite to watch is Anon from NA, he does a great job explaining the situation he is in and what/why he is playing the way he plays.  It helps you understand how the tank should be played and how to react to situation.  Another great contributor is Sk8xtrm from EU, he does a great job explaining the strength and weakness of the tank too. They are great players, and you probably will not play like them anytime soon, but watching where they go with the tank type they are in, it will help you understand where you should go and how to play the tank type you are in.

Good luck!

Good luck on the battlefield!

The_EXorcist86 #50 Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

Private

• 3126 battles
  • [BOGAN]
I'm still learning also but get frustrated when I see yoloing because I know not to do it from watching YouTube vids (TY Bushka) and that has helped my game immensely. It's all learning and practice, but you can still be held at the mercy of the yolo noob team, it's just how it is

TitusTanker #51 Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• 9352 battles
  • [HK123]
I have no idea because I am a noob

SilencerMuto #52 Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Sergeant

• 14694 battles
  • [LIBRA]
some tips:
1. start of the battle take a look at enemy tank lineup.
2. Map & mini map awareness.
3. Mt scout dont mean you need to engage the enemy just enough to see where the enemy. Scout dont mean you yolo or die. know when to retreat.
4. if sniping and no clear target. please move to another location to hit enemy tank. dont wait for enemy tank move to your shooting area. the best spot is when you can shot and kill an enemy tank.
5. Keep your teammates alive if you can. cover fire & backup A.S.A.P.
6. Dont go solo, make sure you got teammate near you so you dont get rushed by enemy wolf pack tanker.
7. Dont stay too close to your teammates in a small places. space for sidescrape & space for pickaboo.
8.Keep yourself alive as long as you can and contributing to damage even if you die your lucky noob teammate can 1hit kill enemy to win the game. it can be frustrated to see 3 noob with half hp die in a hand of 1hit kill enemy tank.
9. some tank need good reaction and fast thinking. try find review the tank you use from youtube so you understand Pro & Con. understand what your tank is good for. if you MT dont ask TD go spot. HT &TD view range not as high as MT. My borsig got Scout& Patrol duty medal because Lt, MT & Ht play camp bush sniping and i dont stay at one place for long always on the move below radar or behind cover.

when you do it right with right teammates, you in the zone.

Neonz_69 #53 Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4688 battles
They are still noobs in high tiers, people who just failed playing the previous tier and move on to the next one. It's really frustrating and deserving to say "Go back to tier 1 you filthy Tier 8 noob."

Neonz_69 #54 Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4688 battles

View PostLord_Melchett, on 08 March 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Crew training.

Every battle, you earn crew experience, usually the same amount as combat experience (there are multipliers and boosters and bonuses, but the base is the same).

If your crew in that particular tank is less than 100%, the crew experience goes towards increasing the crew skills in that tank.

Once your tank crew skills are at 100%, and for all premium tanks, the crew skills go towards general crew skills training in particular skills.  Each type of tank (light,medium, heavy, TD) has a series of skills that are progressively trained, and you have to play that type of tank to earn those skills - but once learned, the skills apply to all tank types.

Each skill has 6 levels, with greater advantages.  Once you have learned all level 1 skills, it automatically goes back and starts at level 2.

So your crew skills levels will go up the more you play, but there is no direct correlation with tank tier.

Do i save all the free EXP i can get and don't give a single f**** about your new stock tanks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users