How did I mess-up your game ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Creighton_Abrams #21 Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24368 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

"" Yes, unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to remove posts - posting the names of some of those who wrote offensive stuff in chat - was a mistake in hindsight.

And yes, my W/R is poor - without $, it takes a while to build up the Stock tanks from scratch.

InvisibleShadow #22 Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11050 battles
  • [408]

View PostDavkVoice, on 04 March 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

With 42% WR, he is not too bad in terms of avoiding trouble. 

But the original post is still there (#8) where  anthonylei01 quote OP.:popcorn:

Creighton_Abrams isn't the worst. I've seen people with over 6k battles just like me, but with 300+ average dmg. And they play legitimately. :P

I'm also embarrassed by my own average dmg...I feel that me having 752 average dmg is not good enough, though I increase it by at least 5 for every 10 games I play 

Edited by InvisibleShadow, 04 March 2017 - 10:06 AM.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

The__Trooper #23 Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Sergeant

• 778 battles
Woah! You guys are pretty nasty to each other on this forum! Lol. Can see why that Gandalf dude quit. 

Dangerous_when_Sober #24 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

Captain

• 61590 battles
  • [KR0N0]
We are not all nasty.

Creighton if you want some tips look for when I am online. I will show you simple tactics for each map and explain them.

I can also suggest tanks that are good to learn on.

Basically, in current state of game, get t46, DW2 and KV1.

T46 teaches medium skills.

DW2 teaches "diamond" angling,

KV1 is just tough and you learn how to play a heavy.

T46 is probably most important. You learn to be in right place and how not to get hit .

Most of all, and I can channel Gandalf on this, DO NOT go past tier V too early.

You can learn all skills at tier V. And it is great fun.

If you focus on mastering a few low tier tanks you can build up free Exp which will help your grind later.

Personally I like higher tiers but find that the overall experience is not too different at tier VI  - maybe a few less 1 shot killers.

InvisibleShadow #25 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11050 battles
  • [408]

Speaking of in-game standards, can someone look at my stats and tell me if I'm considered noob/average/above average for my level 

I dun know if my judgement of myself is correct 

Edited by InvisibleShadow, 05 March 2017 - 12:45 AM.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

Dangerous_when_Sober #26 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:36 AM

Captain

• 61590 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Your stats are good. I can almost guess your play style - sniping is my bet.

Anyone who can get >55% in vk.28.01 is driving fine.

Dangerous_when_Sober #27 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

Captain

• 61590 battles
  • [KR0N0]
You could try the  Mathilda to learn how to be swamped by opfor and brawl....get fast fire gun and take 25% premium ammo. It is a good tank but plays different.

2302 #28 Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

Corporal

• 17145 battles
  • [OCUPY]

Bad WR or not, it still doesn't give others the right to bully. I've played with some very bad players and would never resort to spamming their message box. It's after all a game, with a mix of newbies and experienced players.

I have received my fair share of inflammatory messages. Some are deserved, some not. For those that are undeserved, I just troll them back:

Them: noob. you suck.

Me: Oh! Hi there noob, nice to meet you.

Them: Uninstall!

Me:  Can you show me how?

Diamond114 #29 Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 05 March 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Speaking of in-game standards, can someone look at my stats and tell me if I'm considered noob/average/above average for my level 

Not bad, but still some room for improvement. Maybe be less overly aggressive and more flexible with teammates and tank types? Your stats looked like you just couldn't help but throw yourself upfront and fight head on like Chuck Norris all the time.

So probably around average. You do seem to favor highly mobile tanks with good firepower.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

M95F_MirageLeviathan_ #30 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6159 battles
  • [-FR-]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 05 March 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

not bad but not good either, but you still have rooms of improvement (good news for you)

My suggestion is play more Tier7~8

路過的萌新玩家, 請多多保養!!!

萌新除了黑槍以外就什麼都不會了,所以請各位大大來帶帶本萌新來讓萌新我黑槍

由於萌新是TD玩家所以前線和偵察苦手,所以來組隊的就請多多包涵了 (OxO)ノ

Creighton_Abrams #31 Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24368 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

For the Record..

My original (misguided) thoughts were to ask those frustrated individuals to post their comments to the thread, since most comments were beyond the ubiquitous and acceptable "Noob" - some even going so far as to question my Religion, Sex, Nationality, etc.... interestingly most of those rants tended to come after 00:00 hrs HKT.

However, after posting the aptly called "naming & shaming" post, I felt a bit guilty - that I'd gone, a bit too far, so edited the posts with "Deleted" - that's all...no ulterior motive intended - though the edits appear to have not fed through before others quoted them, and hence the comments that I'd been trying to attempt something untoward.

I "self-banned" myself off chat for 24 hrs - hence the quiet period that had also been commented upon.... But going forward, will in the main, be avoiding forums - as I have clearly little of value to contribute.

As for my Game play. Since starting the game at the end of November last year, I've played from scratch each tank line, without using any real $ to purchase Gold, etc, in order to upgrade my Tanks or Crew Skills -  so its been the proverbial "Hard-Grind" from day 1 to get the Crews to 100% , obtain the prerequisite enhancements, and move on to the next level.  Most of my time is  spent "Grinding", and adapting to the characteristics of each Tank throughout its varying stages of upgrade.   Something ... which is absent from the various U-Tubers' Videos, which all appear to be made using 100% Crews and Maxed out Performant Tanks - if there's others around that show a "Grinding How To", then please share....

Hopefully, this explains why you see my Stats as being low - mostly low 40's.

After the French line was introduced I had to put things on hold a bit for the Tier 7 lines, and go back to Tier 1 and Grind the French tank up... l'm at Tier 6 now, and still not yet with 100% Crew let alone the Tank enhancements such as Gun/Tracks/Engine.

When I look at some of the Stats of other players, I see some have minimal battles per Tank, yet they somehow managed to progress those Tanks onto the next level,  which begs the question - how ? Were they really that amazingly great ? Or, did they purchase their Tanks at 100% Crew with max'd out equipment/armament to start with ? 

As for learning the game.... that restarts every time I take on a new tank from scratch, and continually changes as that Tank's Crew becomes more experienced, and also as I add more enhancements/equipment to it. There are some basic concepts which remain the same... but...

As of today, I have kept/resurrected a number of Tier 6 tanks in order to have a chance at completing some of the Missions of the current Campaign - Tier 6 Missions become the default as I'm playing the most games with the French ARL 44 in order to upgrade it, rather than at Tier 7 to progress the Crews.

Tier 6:

M4A3E8, M6, Jackson, Hellcat, KV-1S, KV-2

ARL44 ... crew still under 100% and haven't fully equipped it (so still work in progress)

All the others baring the Jackson and Hellcat had already been progressed onto their Tier 7 successors - which I'm also in the process of Grinding ( Though I had to previously sell all my Tier 7's due to the previous Campaign assigning all Missions at that level, making them impossible to complete midway through Grinding...)

T29, Comet, JPather , St. Emil , T-43, KV-13, IS, KV-3

The last 3 are the only ones I have at 100% Crew now, yet they're still not yet max'd out - a juggling act when you don't use real $ to progress.

I'll buyback the T20, and bring online the T25 AT, T25/2 once I have the prerequisite Credits, and then dissolve the Tier 6 line fully. once I have completed the grind for the ARL 44 to the AMX M4 45... though this all takes time and does mean, my Stats will continue to take a hard hit - but I don't mind, it's a challenge - when I get to where I feel comfortable at, then I can focus on plateauing my Stats.

It's a hard grind for me, working from scratch tank by tank, and unfortunately there's no way to exclude myself from the automatically chosen teams - so my apologies if you feel unfortunate to have landed alongside me, and goodness knows why my less than performant tanks are sometimes placed as lead tank... at least when there, in that position - I do try to make a suggestion based upon the other teams constituents and my past experience.... regardless whether it turns out to be a good call or not.

That all said, there are some users, who saw me in various difficulty at times, and offered to help within the Training Rooms - that was, clearly, far more helpful than the useless (but expected) comments from a few others - and puts and these helpful players,  along with their Clans in better light than those offering the flippant - and sometimes really offensive commentary.

C.A.

Lord_Melchett #32 Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 34494 battles
  • [1914]

Grinding tanks can be a chore.  There are some ways to make it a bit easier.

When you buy a tank, make sure that you have enough credits to also buy 75% crew training.  Grinding a 50% crew is something that is relatively cheap (i.e. spend credits, not gold) to avoid.  If you have trouble making credits, play lower tiers in which you do better, and do more damage.

Play your elited tanks a bit more before moving on to the next tier, in order to build up a few credits and some free xp.  Having a bit of free experience can be a big help with a stock grind.  Some tanks are just crap stock, and being able to get the next engine, or tracks, or gun, can make a big difference.  Some tanks don't really need that, so you can save your free xp.

An easy way to build up both credits and free xp is to retain tanks that you enjoy playing, and play them for the x2 bonus, alongside your grinds.

Finally, realise that stock tanks are slow, relatively immobile, and weak.  Play them accordingly.  Learning how to play stock tanks effectively really sets you up for success in those tanks once they are upgraded.

Ambulant #33 Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 53332 battles
  • [FLAME]
I looked at your stats. Dismal reading. Trying to comprehend why. I play the same way as you, I grind every single tank, I don't spend money on gold. But why the difference in outcome? Mind you, I consider myself a poor player, and basically try not to implode with my noobness. But here's the difference: be really patient. I spent a lot of time playing the LOLtractor. More than 1000 games. I learned how to use cover, read the minimap and knowing where the other tanks are on the map. My weaknesses are that I get impatient and try to blow up a tank too early in the game, rushing to spots without support and thinking that I can win the game alone. On the days that I remind myself to be patient, I do well. I don't always win, there's always some afk or troll or weak player that could spoil it for you... those I pray to meet less of. And most importantly, don't go garage after you die. I'm sure I've learnt a lot of good habits just watching others play when I'm dead. (I suspect that might be your case, but correct me if I'm wrong, in which case, your stats become unexplainable.) And yes, understanding game mechanics helps a lot. Patience.

South_West #34 Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Sergeant

• 10858 battles
  • [YOYO_]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 05 March 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

As for my Game play. Since starting the game at the end of November last year, I've played from scratch each tank line, without using any real $ to purchase Gold, etc, in order to upgrade my Tanks or Crew Skills -  so its been the proverbial "Hard-Grind" from day 1 to get the Crews to 100% , obtain the prerequisite enhancements, and move on to the next level.  Most of my time is  spent "Grinding", and adapting to the characteristics of each Tank throughout its varying stages of upgrade.   Something ... which is absent from the various U-Tubers' Videos, which all appear to be made using 100% Crews and Maxed out Performant Tanks - if there's others around that show a "Grinding How To", then please share....

Hopefully, this explains why you see my Stats as being low - mostly low 40's.

is this a joke????  blaming on tock grind??? you have an average damage of 500 in a tier 7 tank, you must be playing with your feet!

you are the type of players I dislike the most. The type who cannot play, but insisted on playing, and wont admit you are playing with your feet.

I have only spent money on buying 2 premium tanks and I had to grind tanks like you did. There is no reason to play the game with your feet, try to use your hands.

erwin10001 #35 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41348 battles
  • [NETS]

lets try to use a more 'neutral' tone in the forums and not be too 'angry' :)

lf stock grind is the reason for poor results, then one would expect the stats for premium tanks like BT-7 Artillery to be more reflective of the player's ability. But the BT-7 artillery stats aren't that fantastic either.

You can reduce the time you are playing non-upgraded tanks by playing only after every x2/x3/x5 mission reset as the bonuses + booster + premium from certificates will help a lot.

I played my VK28.01 for the first time this weekend to make use of the x2 crew xp bonuses to get crew to 100% quickly. I admit I'm suffering a bit because I don't have the top engine so its really sluggish, but I'll survive till then.

Babayega_1 #36 Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21477 battles
  • [ROGUE]

One advice. 

Stick with one nation only. Noob that out until you puke with boredom or you get to tier X.

It's one advice I myself didn't take so I ended up being a collector.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

JK_STONE #37 Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• 11539 battles
  • [SH4FT]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 04 March 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

"" Yes, unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to remove posts - posting the names of some of those who wrote offensive stuff in chat - was a mistake in hindsight.

And yes, my W/R is poor - without $, it takes a while to build up the Stock tanks from scratch.

Hi C.A.

I have also played from ground up and grind every single tank from stock (50% or 75%).  I use Gold for garage slot, and only when it's on sale, which I felt is worth investing into this game.

With that said, you cannot blame stock tank and not willing to spend $ as the only reason for the low WR. I know players who have not spend one single penny on this game and has 60%+ WR. You know you can shoot premium rounds and get most add-on (Consumables, Provision, Equipment, etc...) without spending gold or $.  May I suggest that you first focus on playing only in the lower tiers (i.e. 1-5).  You can play all lines and get a feel for a particular tank type that you can win 'consistently' in.  If you play more games at lower tiers, eventually you should see a pattern of a particular line or nation or type that you do well.  At that point, you can begin progressing down tier 6+ focusing on one line or type.  By this time you should be able to win consistently in tier 1-5, and you should have build up a decent credit (at least 5 million) for higher tiers.  Your crew skills should be above 3 and reaching level 4, this will help you in future higher tier tanks performance.  Also your FreeXP should be accumulating and be sure to save those for later tiers (i.e. 8+).

When I started, I grinded every line at the same time (back then only 3 nations and 3-4 lines per nation).  I progress decently in the lower tiers, but noticed it got increasingly difficult to win each tier I move up.  Finally when I hit tier 8, it was a major wake-up call.  Back then I didn't check stats (I didn't know about these website) and didn't come to forum to get useful information and feedback from other players.  So, I stop moving up and went back to lower tiers (mostly 3-6), and apply what I have learned from forum members and video contributors.  This is when my game begin to turn around and I started enjoy some success in this game.  Don't feel ashamed for playing the lower tier, there is a few well known great player on the forum who plays mostly around tier 5.  I would say, playing in tier 8+ is very different and extremely challenging, esp if you don't have the basics.  At tier 8+, I would say it's almost impossible to have a decent WR with stock tank and modules (i.e. gun/engine/tracks).  This is where all the saved up FreeXP will help.  I banked over 200k+ of FreeXP and never used any of it below tier 8, despite some of the challenging tier 7 grinds.  Now I can comfortably unlock top gun on few tanks in tier 8, so I can compete.  Recently I finally got my first tier 9 tank, I might be the slowest person to get to tier 9 with my battle count, but oh well, I'm not in a rush.

So, in conclusion, go back to focus on lower tier and build-up your credit, crew skills, and FreeXP.  Once you go beyond tier 6, try to focus on one line or one tank type.  Most important, this is a team game, how you perform will affect others.  It's a great game, and will be even more enjoyable when you understand how to make the tank perform. If you need platoon help in the lower tier, you can look for me.  Most people on the forum are decent people who are wiling to help, just need to ask.... and good luck on the battlefield!

Good luck on the battlefield!

Creighton_Abrams #38 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24368 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
Good feedback. Thanks, I will adjust my Gameplay.

anonym_jXktcKVBMWgF #39 Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

Sergeant

• 0 battles

Just want to say I admire the mature people on this forum who had the patience and took the trouble to give clear and useful feedback to Creighton_Abrams.  Thanks for making this a less toxic place.  (I'm guilty of my own sarcastic and negative posts here.)  

To the OP I suggest you follow the feedback they gave if you sincerely want to improve your game.  Good luck!

The__Trooper #40 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

Sergeant

• 778 battles
Well done, CA, for giving so many players the chance to say how good they are and feel a little bit better about themselves.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users