AMX CDC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Th38odyguard #1 Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

Corporal

• 8861 battles

Alright, all you people complaining about how the CDC is nothing like Dracula, just stop. Dracula may be based off the CDC but they are completely different tanks with very different play styles. To those few of you who are reading this that play PC and own a CDC or did some research to see how it plays on PC you'd know what i'm talking about when I say that it's to be played as a sniper medium, not an active scout/pest like the Dracula. In this tank you need to be a literal vampire and leach off of your allies health to do damage. Its closest comparison to another tank would probably be something like the Hellcat at tier 6. Now I know what your thinking, why would a tier 8 medium be anything like a tier 6 tank destroyer? Well thats because they both have atrocious armor for their tier, excellent speed, good view range, good camo and really good 90mm guns. You cannot at all be aggressive with these tanks. You need to snipe or at least be at range where if you are spotted you can easily fall back. This kind of play-style for reasons that are clear isn't very effective anymore in blitz. Which is why the CDC is a tank grossly ill-equipped for the blitz scene. The only tips I can think of for anyone who has one and doesn't know how to play it would be things like; Never ever lead a charge, if at all possible have at least one tank in front of you to take shots for you, wherever possible use your excellent gun depression (you'd be surprised to get a bounce every now and then), as fast as the tank is its not great at circle strafing enemies (when going in a circle i've noticed it bleeds speed quite drastically) and never engage in a brawl with any other tier 8 or above medium (maybe even a tier below depending on their health [most of them can and will out dpm you and the CDC's health is quite low for a tier 8]). 

So yeah, to all you folks out there trying to be a Dracula at tier 8, drive the RU251, it's a much better comparison.

Adrenaline_destroyer #2 Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Private

• 13700 battles
  • [VN-SG]
I have nothing to complain but 1250 hp for a tier 8 medium tank, are you serious ? 

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #3 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Captain

• 12321 battles
  • [WOTSG]
It has great pen! Just play it like a guerilla soldier

Sign this petition against AFKs, Bots, and Trolls

https://www.change.o...olators-in-wotb

Lore's: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart

mrcg82_T55 #4 Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:30 AM

Sergeant

• 27119 battles
  • [MYTH_]
i never see the cdc carry the game..never and as the event ended i never see any of them anymore..are they just extinct or just become endangered species...i remember how the feeling when hit them with borsig.. very lovely

Edited by mrcg82_T55, 22 March 2017 - 06:30 AM.

FunkyRastaman #5 Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:41 AM

Private

• 3990 battles
  • [HCL]

AMX-CDC can if lucky contribute well to gaining victory points in supremacy. but you've got to select the right base and get there quickly.   But, and its a big but, you need to have a hard team mate follow you in to , so that if enemy arrives you can escape before getting hammered. almost every supremacy win Ive achieved in the CDC has been achieved via capturing bases myself unaided by team mates! GRRRRR!!!
The idea is to use the CDC's speed to capture bases, before the enemy gets their act together, or recapture while heavier teammates slug it out on the other side of the battle field.
CDC snipping to win is all but impossible in most battle sites, unless your team mates are aggressive, and willing to capture bases by themselves. In about 70% of supremacy battles other team mates seem completely clueless about the need to capture victory points via capturing bases, and will often fight to the death with opponents two tears above, while bases are left entirely to the enemy to capture.
I still haven't figured out the best gun to mount as it depends almost entirely upon which battlefield and thus is a gamble.
2/3 of AMX-CDC missions are unwinable as using one of these to ram is unsurvivable unless your opponent is made of tissue paper, and usually the most damage one can do is to take out tracks so achieving 1000 or 1500 hit points in a single battle is akin to smoking magic mushrooms as a means to gaining a phD in astrophysics.

WorldFamous #6 Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:53 AM

Sergeant

• 19917 battles
  • [TA-]

1250 HP for tier 8 medium tanks, seriously?

I think it has lowest capability to win the battle and is not all-rounder when it compare to tier 8 premium tanks.

Private_Nemesis #7 Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:58 AM

Sergeant

• 16593 battles
  • [ANZ]
I just wish NONE of those ridiculous fantasy tanks came to WoT Blitz!!!

Babayega_1 #8 Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14618 battles
  • [ROGUE]
hahaha I ripped a CDC into shreds with my t54ltwt last night. Dayym wide hull, almost flat front armor and bad traverse or maybe just a bad driver.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

hennesseyvenomgt #9 Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

Corporal

• 28756 battles
  • [MEDS]
Well, it isn't a tier 8 by any means of imagination, it would be better off as a tier 6

hennesseyvenomgt #10 Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

Corporal

• 28756 battles
  • [MEDS]
No, imo the problem is the fact that my tier 7 helsing penetrated it with he for 700 damage...And with a high hp pool of 1250 I don't see how it's gonna survive for long

Kabama04 #11 Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

Sergeant

• 10794 battles
  • [LTEVL]
Give it a 105mm or bigger and I’ll be happy.

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us.

-Space_Ape_Marksman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users