• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Neb10k #21 Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 45139 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Following up on this:

Reasons why mid tiers are better:

1. You make credits to get more tanks, not to play tier X tanks that bleed cash.

2. Less hotheads who abuse you when team loses.

And.....

3. At tier 5 there are no one-shot killers.

The prevalence of high alpha at tier X means that you have no second chance. I can live with that. Sometimes I mess up, then I cop it. But, your team mates....that's why noobs at high tiers are so frustrating. Your team disappears in the first 30 seconds. At tier 5 you can at least carry them solo.

Three more points to consider:
1. How many crypto seal clubbers are going up through tiers now having started new accounts? I see quite a few. 

2. It is good to go back and master low tier tanks as your skills inprove. Just figured out t28 recently.

3. If good players are dropping down tiers to grind credits then the mix is similar to higher tiers where noobs rush to get big tanks.(I did that as a begginer, hard not to). Some days the player pool at tier V is good.

Plus, ATM I have the bullseye mission at tier V. 4 days so far!!!!

Edited by Neb10k, 16 February 2017 - 01:17 AM.

ISnipe_ #22 Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

Private

• 1 battle

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 02 February 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

Well, I can't say much as I spend a lot of time in tier 5 but don't assume all such players are just looking to take advantage of new players. I didn't think fully about why I like it so much until I was discussing it with a player here recently. The two main reasons I love tier 5 at the moment are:

• All the tanks from my childhood WWII comic books are in that one tier (Churchill, Sherman, T34, etc - see below) except the Tiger, but then the Tiger is a disappointment in WoT for most people anyway. 

• There are no [edited for extreme profanity] fantasy tanks! The Kuro and the Anko are anime versions of real tanks, which I can handle. 

I find experienced players playing in lower tiers far less annoying than complete noobs playing in higher tiers. I learn more from a good opponent/teammate than I do from a bad one.

Yes i agree with you i do the same thing since t7 t8 and to some extent t9 are chock full of stupids that blame and shame others and full of OP tanks and fansy tanks that went over the top even though they cn be taken out , at t5 t4 t3 i get to explore,  as the thing i love about there is that at higher than 5 or 6 i get serious when needed to carry but at these lower tiers it feels good and free , but anyways i dont drive over the top good tanks like leopard so much as challenging tanks like  vk30h m4s

ISnipe_ #23 Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

Private

• 1 battle

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 02 February 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Well I've beem sealclubbing recently in my Pz. B2. If you ever see me in my Pz B2 you will know why sealclubbers are very dangerous. Oh Btw, sealclubbing doesn't mean people need to use OP tanks, I sometimes use BT7 and Stug lll to sealclub. And the results are great especially when your BT7 ducks, fires, circles around while shooting :) Only trouble is, I sometimes meet other sealclubbing players and they're harder to deal with :(

thats true but you usually dont see that as your seal clubbing mates are driving a t34 rather than a kv1

ISnipe_ #24 Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

Private

• 1 battle

View PostDiamond114, on 02 February 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Ego taking over. Classic human problems....

BTW regarding sealclubbers, the reason why good players play at lower tiers are:

- Grinding new line

- Grinding credits

- Just having fun. Especially if they like fast tanks.

Regarding credit grinding, Jingles explained in his episode of Mingles that WoT economy is set up so in order to have credits to pay for their high tier shenanigans they have to play at lower tiers and grind credits there. This also brings the population of the mid-low tiers up so the new players have someone to fight with. At least that's the idea in PC WoT, wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to Blitz.

I do also agree with the idea that sealclubbers forces newbs to learn faster, forces them to look for new tactics, learn up about the vehicle, etc. You don't succeed by easy wins, you succeed by adapting and overcoming. All it takes is that will to evaluate, learn and adapt.

"A good pilot is compelled to evaluate what's happened, so that he may apply what he has learned."

Also btw, Edelweiss isn't that bad now that I've driven it some. Like driving a Panther with the short 88? The Edelweiss is right up there, except the gun is somewhat better and it's not as huge as the Panther.

yes wht you said is true

ISnipe_ #25 Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

Private

• 1 battle

hmmn ;LOL wong account

GreenFace #26 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:46 AM

Sergeant

• 6455 battles
  • [MOMFU]

I'm a newbie in this game, but I've played many games in my life. One thing I've learned, seal clubbing is something so common in online games. So I won't get bothered too much by it. I'm new in the game, so I expect to get seal clubbed. So what's a big deal? In time, I know I will familiarize myself in the game, and I believe in time, I can deal with the clubbers. I won't be a crying baby, ask for my mom to defend me.

Fortunately, in Blitz, the MM matches the players based on the gears' level/tier, so at least everyone is in the same field relatively. If you complained about seal clubbing, you should try playing other game with different MM policy (e.g War Robots). There, it's not uncommon that your level 5 gears matched with enemy's level 12 gears (as long as they are in the your league). Try it, and you will appreciating Blitz more :)

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

Diamond114 #27 Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• 14673 battles
  • [408]

View PostGreenFace, on 15 June 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm a newbie in this game, but I've played many games in my life. One thing I've learned, seal clubbing is something so common in online games. So I won't get bothered too much by it. I'm new in the game, so I expect to get seal clubbed. So what's a big deal? In time, I know I will familiarize myself in the game, and I believe in time, I can deal with the clubbers. I won't be a crying baby, ask for my mom to defend me.

Fortunately, in Blitz, the MM matches the players based on the gears' level/tier, so at least everyone is in the same field relatively. If you complained about seal clubbing, you should try playing other game with different MM policy (e.g War Robots). There, it's not uncommon that your level 5 gears matched with enemy's level 12 gears (as long as they are in the your league). Try it, and you will appreciating Blitz more :)

Agreed. Sealclubbing is just something that you have to deal with.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"Adapt and create your own. Be like water" - Bruce Lee 

Also tagged with Help, Op, Seal, Clubbing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users