Help Op Seal Clubbing

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

TheRedFlash #1 Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

Corporal

• 7644 battles
  • [BMC]

So You Load Into A Game In The A20 And You Join A Battle

You See That There Are Two Kv1 s on the enemy team in a platoon . Both Of Them Are In The Same Clan ,You Suspect they Are Pro . 

5 minutes pass...

You see that your team is 2 to 5 all 5 kills are by the two kv1 s and they are riding through the flank you cant penentrate them , the ones who could  are destroyed and so will you be ...

This Is What Is Called Seal Clubbing ( Only If They Are Not Grinding ) 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IN PROPER WORDS :SealClubbing is getting into the lower tier games in a platoon or maybe not and dricing OP tanks eith the best consumables provisions and equipments just so they can earn free exp credits and club the newbies

Why Is This Wrong ?

- Newer Players Are Forced To learn Quickly Or Lose

- They Are Forced To Fight In A Way They Dont know

-They are forced to feel this game is not for them  etc

Then Why Is This Allowed ?

-Freedom For Tanking 

There Are Also Some Good things theg do

- They make newbies better faster 

- They make them learn faster 

- They make others feel competitive too 

So This Is Good And Bad Now Now Do You Deal With them

First You need To realise that.....

-Your Equal To them

-They Have everything Maxed But  You Have your team

-They Drive Op tanks but the game balances them out Find that weakness

- Be Confident Dont Say " OMG , I dont want to face the seal clubbers they are such bad people that they tey seal clubbing " instead just feel gateful you will learn from them 

If They Call others No*bs or any other offensive things in chat screenshot it and speak it through with them that they are playing a newbie killing game and you just go back to where you belong with better players .

Step 1 : Identification

When Your Loading into the game look at the tanks that are in a clan if they are in hood clans or jave names that are in game like t3485 etc then think them equal to you or pro .

Then Tell Your Team To Focus Them when You see them

Part 2 : See The Tanks They Have And Your Teams tanks ( Read The Lists) 

Now think of where your team is likely to go where they are likely ro go and where the seal clubbers are likely to ho to counter you , then get into a post to counter either the enemy or them

Part 3 : Adapt

These People Have a Sense Of adaptation They Will Adapt to anything or everything They see exmaple ememy have pushed the other side or your countering them .You need to do the same just think about where they will go next or see where the enemy push has diverted too etc 

Its Not That Hard To Deal With these Pro Players its not 1v1 or 2v1 its 7v7 

Thoughts?

-TheRadFlash

Gandalf_Greyhame #2 Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

Captain

• 52037 battles
  • [SHIRE]

Well, I can't say much as I spend a lot of time in tier 5 but don't assume all such players are just looking to take advantage of new players. I didn't think fully about why I like it so much until I was discussing it with a player here recently. The two main reasons I love tier 5 at the moment are:

• All the tanks from my childhood WWII comic books are in that one tier (Churchill, Sherman, T34, etc - see below) except the Tiger, but then the Tiger is a disappointment in WoT for most people anyway. 

• There are no [edited for extreme profanity] fantasy tanks! The Kuro and the Anko are anime versions of real tanks, which I can handle. 

I find experienced players playing in lower tiers far less annoying than complete noobs playing in higher tiers. I learn more from a good opponent/teammate than I do from a bad one.

Edited by Gandalf_Stormcrow, 02 February 2017 - 10:38 AM.

"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay."

- Gandalf

InvisibleShadow #3 Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10202 battles
  • [ASFOW]
Well I've beem sealclubbing recently in my Pz. B2. If you ever see me in my Pz B2 you will know why sealclubbers are very dangerous. Oh Btw, sealclubbing doesn't mean people need to use OP tanks, I sometimes use BT7 and Stug lll to sealclub. And the results are great especially when your BT7 ducks, fires, circles around while shooting :) Only trouble is, I sometimes meet other sealclubbing players and they're harder to deal with :(
%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

Gandalf_Greyhame #4 Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

Captain

• 52037 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostInvisibleShadow, on 02 February 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Well I've beem sealclubbing recently in my Pz. B2. If you ever see me in my Pz B2 you will know why sealclubbers are very dangerous. Oh Btw, sealclubbing doesn't mean people need to use OP tanks, I sometimes use BT7 and Stug lll to sealclub. And the results are great especially when your BT7 ducks, fires, circles around while shooting :) Only trouble is, I sometimes meet other sealclubbing players and they're harder to deal with :(

People will always find a way to feel better about themselves by labelling you in some way. Even if you play the worst tank in a tier well, they will say you're only winning because you're playing in a lower tier and/or because you have been playing for a long time, even if they have been playing for longer than you and have worse stats than you in that "easy" lower tier. 

This game can be very frustrating at the best of times, be it due to your team mates or the direction it takes (fantasy tanks!). You owe it to yourself to play it in whatever way makes it enjoyable for you.

I will be sure to watch out for you if I ever play tier 4 again one day! :D

"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay."

- Gandalf

iNugget #5 Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16575 battles

WELL BOYS we just found a new way to stop more nubs to join starting from now i am SEAL CLUBBING anyways who cares about 112 

GOTTA MAKE NUBS GONE < my motto

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." -- Mark Zuckerberg

So I should YOLO right? :trollface:

_devXpert #6 Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• 9415 battles
  • [CATS]
I play/platoon lower tiers just for LoLs, dont need a tank like kv1 to seal club. I got a pz iv/V bruv just ram the hell outta enemy (they wont know what hit em) altho I do have a kv1 in my garage and my stats in it are super unicum, Its speed needs buff -_-

"DIE FOR SOMETHING RATHER THAN DIE FOR NOTHING"

iNugget #7 Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16575 battles

View Post_devXpert, on 02 February 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

I play/platoon lower tiers just for LoLs, dont need a tank like kv1 to seal club. I got a pz iv/V bruv just ram the hell outta enemy (they wont know what hit em) altho I do have a kv1 in my garage and my stats in it are super unicum, Its speed needs buff -_-

True it is VERY slow

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." -- Mark Zuckerberg

So I should YOLO right? :trollface:

Diamond114 #8 Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• 14794 battles
  • [408]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 02 February 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

People will always find a way to feel better about themselves by labelling you in some way. Even if you play the worst tank in a tier well, they will say you're only winning because you're playing in a lower tier and/or because you have been playing for a long time, even if they have been playing for longer than you and have worse stats than you in that "easy" lower tier. 

This game can be very frustrating at the best of times, be it due to your team mates or the direction it takes (fantasy tanks!). You owe it to yourself to play it in whatever way makes it enjoyable for you.

I will be sure to watch out for you if I ever play tier 4 again one day! :D

Ego taking over. Classic human problems....

BTW regarding sealclubbers, the reason why good players play at lower tiers are:

- Grinding new line

- Grinding credits

- Just having fun. Especially if they like fast tanks.

Regarding credit grinding, Jingles explained in his episode of Mingles that WoT economy is set up so in order to have credits to pay for their high tier shenanigans they have to play at lower tiers and grind credits there. This also brings the population of the mid-low tiers up so the new players have someone to fight with. At least that's the idea in PC WoT, wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to Blitz.

I do also agree with the idea that sealclubbers forces newbs to learn faster, forces them to look for new tactics, learn up about the vehicle, etc. You don't succeed by easy wins, you succeed by adapting and overcoming. All it takes is that will to evaluate, learn and adapt.

"A good pilot is compelled to evaluate what's happened, so that he may apply what he has learned."

Also btw, Edelweiss isn't that bad now that I've driven it some. Like driving a Panther with the short 88? The Edelweiss is right up there, except the gun is somewhat better and it's not as huge as the Panther.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"Adapt and create your own. Be like water" - Bruce Lee 

erwin10001 #9 Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19524 battles
  • [SEALZ]

I am playing mainly tier 5 and some tier 4/3 and the problem is not strong players who play at tier 5 but weak beginners who play tier 5 when they should be playing lower tier tanks to master the basics.  Tier 5 should be for those who have mastered the basics and can do at least 2-3 hits per game. Whoa! You mean there are players who can't do 2 hits in a game and they are playing tier 5? 

As this screenshot shows, there is a KV-1 that did 0 damage (not AFK), a KV-1 and a Stug III that did 168 damage each (1 hit).

I could not believe that a tier 4/5 team with 2 x KV-1 and 1 x AT2, these tanks could not score a single kill???? The problem is that these weak players unbalance the game more than seal clubbers.

Furthermore, I benefit greatly from seeing good players play as a platoon or individually as it helps me improve. Recently I had the privilege playing alongside and learning from a couple of Shire players. The fact that one Shire player got knocked out shows that the opposition was no push over. It was actually tighter than the statistics suggest. There were 5 survivors on the winning side but frankly only 3 of the 5 were doing any fighting and the other 2 were simply stationary and not maneuvering and opportunistically lobbing shells at the enemy (but thats how one gets Kolobanovs.....)

erwin10001 #10 Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19524 battles
  • [SEALZ]

Finally, the dual KV-1 platoon is over-rated, what you need is an AT2.  Your team has 2 heavies and enemy has 5 heavies? No problem, AT2 to the rescue. :) (Those with sharp eyes will notice that the Covenanter did double the damage of any of the heavies)

Edited by erwin10001, 02 February 2017 - 04:05 PM.

Dark_Exile_ #11 Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:44 PM

Captain

• 21368 battles
  • [UQ]
I used to seal club a lot, to farm the Winrate. Seal clubbing can also be fun. Now I've moved away from an emphasis on Winrate, but focus more on wn7/8 and average damage. Hence, I've been playing tier 7/8, which gives a balance of fun, but let's you raise damage too!

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

Frodo_of_the_Shire #12 Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:20 AM

Corporal

• 4516 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Posterwin10001, on 02 February 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Furthermore, I benefit greatly from seeing good players play as a platoon or individually as it helps me improve. Recently I had the privilege playing alongside and learning from a couple of Shire players. The fact that one Shire player got knocked out shows that the opposition was no push over. It was actually tighter than the statistics suggest. There were 5 survivors on the winning side but frankly only 3 of the 5 were doing any fighting and the other 2 were simply stationary and not maneuvering and opportunistically lobbing shells at the enemy (but thats how one gets Kolobanovs.....)

Hi Erwin. My apologies for my performance in that battle. I was playing on public transport and experienced several ping spikes and could not control my tank for most of it. If I recall correctly it was in Himmelsdorf and you said something like "I will follow the hobbit". I wanted to respond but I was struggling so with my tank that I didn't get to it. 

Hopefully, the next time we're on the same team, I will be able to contribute properly. 

"Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones."

Johnv_hk #13 Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:10 AM

Private

• 7044 battles
  • [ARMD2]

I saw your platoon last night a couple of times and was in a KV-1 platoon for some battles.

Our intent was not seal clubbing but supremacy missions. (Another story there - got 2/3 supremacy missions and yet only 1/8 battles were supremacy mode ?!)

I find seal clubbers are just as likely to use fast lights as heavies and those can be just as devastating. 

The match maker does throw some odd mixes and frequently. Have to take it as part of the fun, learn to analyse each situation and adapt.

erwin10001 #14 Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19524 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostJohnv_hk, on 03 February 2017 - 04:10 AM, said:

I saw your platoon last night a couple of times and was in a KV-1 platoon for some battles.

Our intent was not seal clubbing but supremacy missions. (Another story there - got 2/3 supremacy missions and yet only 1/8 battles were supremacy mode ?!)

I find seal clubbers are just as likely to use fast lights as heavies and those can be just as devastating. 

The match maker does throw some odd mixes and frequently. Have to take it as part of the fun, learn to analyse each situation and adapt.

Hi, nice to meet you :) I always encourage the team to follow and support the good players. Myself, I always follow good players in order to learn from them.

hunter689 #15 Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

Sergeant

• 9676 battles
  • [AIB-T]
Seal clubbing is overrated. World tanks is created to play tanks not to grind tanks to higher tier that is just stupid. Any tanks from tier 1-10 can be fun. Blitz seem to have players which think their motive in game is to grind to tier 10 with good/bad winrate doesn't matter. Once u start enjoying game you start playing better. Moreover, you carry the whole game. Even bushka plays lower tiers,the live stream some days back was to be played with tier 4/5. You just play every tank you want thats motive of the game that you become better doesn't matter how. And you do find good players in lower tiers rather than tier 7-9(which is probably by me the worst and the noob-est community and contains all the premium-noobs and wallet warriors, you know someone bought 112 glacial the day marathon started and he lost) well thats it. Moreover wot pc is played like that, play all tiers for having fun.

Edited by hunter689, 03 February 2017 - 10:17 AM.

xXFighter888Xx #16 Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 23517 battles
  • [0X0]
When I see a seal clubber tank: Fire da gold

The official "I don't care-er"

stormventsrage2 #17 Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26421 battles
  • [DWA]

I've moved up to tier 5 for the purpose of relaxing through causing havoc. I clubbed 3000 games at tier 3 to get from 57% to 60%. The difference is that although your teams die around you quicker, an experienced player stands a better chance at carrying when the score is 2 versus 5 against you. I mostly play mediums with all round good stats. They are good in any position.

Also, tanks are meant to be played fully kitted out. It seems stupid for players to try to play just to grind the next level. That's not the point of the game. A Hetzer is way more fun than a JagPZ. E100.

Edited by stormventsrage2, 04 February 2017 - 03:44 AM.

Johnv_hk #18 Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:35 AM

Private

• 7044 battles
  • [ARMD2]

Agree - use skills to be competitive at any level. Tier 3 tanks really need to conserve hp and chip away carefully at the enemy.

From a credits point of view tiers 3 to 6 are much more sustainable. Tiers 7 and up are more difficult to self fund.

Rinskiev #19 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

Sergeant

• 8720 battles
  • [AUSIE]
I also find bad players in high tiers far more annoying than good players in low tiers. Besides tier 5 players should not be such a newbie that doesn't know how to kill a kv1 or an AT2. Definitely, if anything, it should help them to learn as watching others is always the best method to learn. Be a good monkey!

Neb10k #20 Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46207 battles
  • [HAVOC]

Hi All,

i am playing a lot at tier 5 currently.

It is better when you are solo. 

I would flip this discussion around - why do people play high tiers? is a t110e5 better than the M103? is the M48a better than an M4....they are on paper but are locked into a tier range for games.

And if you have a good low tier premium tank - is it a crime to play it?

Also tagged with Help, Op, Seal, Clubbing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users