A review of the T28

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

DefenderOfTheArtillery #1 Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:06 AM

Corporal

• 37559 battles
  • [EAT]

You know, I've always wondered what's the worst tank in the game. Some say it's the Panther and the others say its the VK 4502 A. These tanks are not very good tanks considering that a lot of other tanks can fit the role but they do the job and sometimes they do the job well. Very well perhaps that I've enjoyed these two, despite having average statistics in them. I never believed that there was a bad tank in the game and that's what I thought until I drove this thing a couple of months back.

So, for starters, lets get unto the numbers. It has a 120mm main arnament with 248 mm of standard penetration and a powerful 298 mm for premium and a respectable 60mm for the explosive rounds with an aim time of 2.06. So the gun sounds punchy and that's good for a tank this size until you realise that the gun is a good news bad news situation since the RoF is appalling and the accuracy is .38m of dispersion per 100 meters. Well, you'd counter with that by saying that this should be played like a frontline brawler due to the fact that the armour of this thing is a thick 254mm of American steel. Well, here's where the stats lie since that 254mm of armour is located at the gun mantlet which is something that people wouldn't shoot at if they were even thinking about it. The rest of the front is around 200mm and if that isn't bad enough, the thing has weak points on the top that can be shot at by a medium tank.

So you what have here is an appalling tank destroyer with the speed that makes battleships look like supercars and armour so bad that even a light tank can penetrate through it. What you have here is a rolling disaster, capable of being a feast for anyone who goes up against it and it as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle in the battlefield.

I have never driven anything that is as bad as this. I would've taken a Leo PTA stock over a fully upgraded T28. Its that bad. It's armour is bad, its mobility is bad and its gun is sub par. Anything it sees can damage it on the front and if the tank cant pen it on the front, its so slow that anything would've gotten into its back without receiving a scratch.

You know, I've driven an oil tanker that goes from 18.3 knots to 18.4 in less than 2 minutes. These are the numbers that T28 drivers ever dream of.

TL;DR

The T28. It is an armored as a prison bus, it cant hit a broadside of a barn from the inside, so slow that the battle was over before it even gets near the battlefield and its driving it as much fun as watching paint dry. In other words, its rubbish. Still at least it made them try harder in the tier X department of this tank line.

Rajkumar_ukkuturi #2 Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

Corporal

• 1049 battles

View PostDefenderOfTheArtillery, on 01 February 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

You know, I've always wondered what's the worst tank in the game. Some say it's the Panther and the others say its the VK 4502 A. These tanks are not very good tanks considering that a lot of other tanks can fit the role but they do the job and sometimes they do the job well. Very well perhaps that I've enjoyed these two, despite having average statistics in them. I never believed that there was a bad tank in the game and that's what I thought until I drove this thing a couple of months back.

So, for starters, lets get unto the numbers. It has a 120mm main arnament with 248 mm of standard penetration and a powerful 298 mm for premium and a respectable 60mm for the explosive rounds with an aim time of 2.06. So the gun sounds punchy and that's good for a tank this size until you realise that the gun is a good news bad news situation since the RoF is appalling and the accuracy is .38m of dispersion per 100 meters. Well, you'd counter with that by saying that this should be played like a frontline brawler due to the fact that the armour of this thing is a thick 254mm of American steel. Well, here's where the stats lie since that 254mm of armour is located at the gun mantlet which is something that people wouldn't shoot at if they were even thinking about it. The rest of the front is around 200mm and if that isn't bad enough, the thing has weak points on the top that can be shot at by a medium tank.

So you what have here is an appalling tank destroyer with the speed that makes battleships look like supercars and armour so bad that even a light tank can penetrate through it. What you have here is a rolling disaster, capable of being a feast for anyone who goes up against it and it as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle in the battlefield.

I have never driven anything that is as bad as this. I would've taken a Leo PTA stock over a fully upgraded T28. Its that bad. It's armour is bad, its mobility is bad and its gun is sub par. Anything it sees can damage it on the front and if the tank cant pen it on the front, its so slow that anything would've gotten into its back without receiving a scratch.

You know, I've driven an oil tanker that goes from 18.3 knots to 18.4 in less than 2 minutes. These are the numbers that T28 drivers ever dream of.

TL;DR

The T28. It is an armored as a prison bus, it cant hit a broadside of a barn from the inside, so slow that the battle was over before it even gets near the battlefield and its driving it as much fun as watching paint dry. In other words, its rubbish. Still at least it made them try harder in the tier X department of this tank line.

are you dump calling panther is bad tank . 

It's probably the best tank on game and panther 2 also OP tank . 

Edited by Rajkumar_ukkuturi, 01 February 2017 - 08:34 AM.

DefenderOfTheArtillery #3 Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

Corporal

• 37559 battles
  • [EAT]

View PostRajkumar_ukkuturi, on 01 February 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

I said some people say its a bad tank. I never said it was a bad tank I said some people say its a bad tank. Read my post again and I said I enjoyed it. Also, my post is about the T28 NOT the Panther. Do I have to quote it for you?

InvisibleShadow #4 Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11040 battles
  • [408]

Personally I find T-28 an ok tank. I mean, speed and mobility is not good, but the gun is reasonable. It wasn't a memorable grind for me the last time I played it (a year ago), but it wasn't exactly terrible either.

Btw I'm one of those ppl who think Panther l and ll is bad, I find them extremely easy to kill :)

#pantherarmorsucks

However it may just be because the tier 7s and 8s I've drove are the SP1C, RU251, IS, IS-3, Jagdpanther and Jagdpanther ll...

Edited by InvisibleShadow, 01 February 2017 - 09:11 AM.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

JeanneThiccWaifu #5 Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

Captain

• 26942 battles
  • [FEAST]

Kek i didn't have T28 but i can comment about the speed since i got the T28 prot.,the capped speed of 20km/h is not that much a problem., the slow Acceleration is the thing that really got me.,

Okay Guys People who said Panther sux is Just didn't know how to sniping.,that's all 

Edited by Wraith598, 01 February 2017 - 03:58 PM.

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

xXFighter888Xx #6 Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 32217 battles
  • [OXO]
Panther is a support vehicle. Go sniping peeps

The official "I don't care-er"

DefenderOfTheArtillery #7 Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

Corporal

• 37559 battles
  • [EAT]

View PostxXFighter888Xx, on 03 February 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Panther is a support vehicle. Go sniping peeps

I know that fact already but please do remember that I'm talking about another vehicle here entirely

xXFighter888Xx #8 Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 32217 battles
  • [OXO]

View PostDefenderOfTheArtillery, on 06 February 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

I know that fact already but please do remember that I'm talking about another vehicle here entirely

okay fine, back to t28

Sniping sometimes work, try to hide ur bottom plate thingy as gold rounds can pen (most likely)

The official "I don't care-er"

Neb10k #9 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Captain

• 60942 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Lol, t28 is boring as well as slow and useless.

Panthers suck. Big time. Stats from a player who does well and likely platoons to do it prove nothing.

Neb10k #10 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Captain

• 60942 battles
  • [KR0N0]
To back up that comment - Panther v T6 Drac....who wins?

Diamond114 #11 Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:59 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostNeb10k, on 16 March 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

To back up that comment - Panther v T6 Drac....who wins?

Depends on who shot first, who made better use of cover, and whether anyone on either side intervenes with your fight. Panther I with the L/100 and double rations + Vents combo actually reloads at 3.8-3.5 seconds. Drac has the 200 average alpha advantage. Both tanks had more or less similar amount of HP. While the Drac could run circles around the Panther, with the above provision/ equipment combo it's actually not too bad traverse wise, and I'd say if the Panther got a Drac circling him chances are he's not using cover and just sits in the open allowing the Drac plenty of room to maneuver. Daft idea.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #12 Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:10 AM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

Both T28 and T95 needs just that two critical ingredients:

- A driver who can shoot straight and drive the tank properly (stay in front, act as mobile shield, shoot any tank that shows up in front of him, don't show mucho weakspot)

- Teammates who sticks with it and cover it and provide plenty of supports (stay behind T28/T95, don't block his back, don't let anyone flank him, watch their own back)

If these two criteria are met, I'd say T28 and T95 are the ultimate lemming train machine. Have won a match this way where I go forward and deal damage while the team covered my back and deterred flankers by sticking with me, and lost three in my memory by the enemy team doing what I did in the T28 (one instance I remember is with the enemy T95 getting stuck in while his team covered him). One caveat though, stock it is likely to suck, and the 105 isn't really cutting it against Tier IX heavies.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Vratrixz #13 Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

Sergeant

• 9794 battles
  • [MERCS]
Better get the t 28 prot (In my opinion) as it lead to the T 30
Militant against the idea of wargaming purging the tech tree

Private_Nemesis #14 Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:47 AM

Sergeant

• 25908 battles
  • [ANZ]
T28 Proto is a BEAST when you know it...Ive got a 7 kill game under my belt in this monster, 3850 damage is pretty regular. Its just feast or famine - if your team are a bunch of noobs in LT's and charge off  to YOLO on the OpFor's HT's then you'll be lucky to get a shot in; but supported or 'un-harassed' by a noob OpFor and you rain down death!

hennesseyvenomgt #15 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

Corporal

• 38887 battles
  • [K1NG]
Mate it is terrible that's completely correct, but it's for a reason...it's to make sure less people get the T110E3..after the buff, I wouldn't want to see 5 of those things in 1 battle

bigben21 #16 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

View PostDiamond114, on 16 March 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

Both T28 and T95 needs just that two critical ingredients:

- A driver who can shoot straight and drive the tank properly (stay in front, act as mobile shield, shoot any tank that shows up in front of him, don't show mucho weakspot)

- Teammates who sticks with it and cover it and provide plenty of supports (stay behind T28/T95, don't block his back, don't let anyone flank him, watch their own back)

If these two criteria are met, I'd say T28 and T95 are the ultimate lemming train machine. Have won a match this way where I go forward and deal damage while the team covered my back and deterred flankers by sticking with me, and lost three in my memory by the enemy team doing what I did in the T28 (one instance I remember is with the enemy T95 getting stuck in while his team covered him). One caveat though, stock it is likely to suck, and the 105 isn't really cutting it against Tier IX heavies.

Yes totally agree. If many players know what team work is. Unfortunately many times these poor sloths were left behind to be slaughtered, making them look so useless.

Neb10k #17 Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:18 AM

Captain

• 60942 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostNeb10k, on 16 March 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

Lol, t28 is boring as well as slow and useless.

Panthers suck. Big time. Stats from a player who does well and likely platoons to do it prove nothing.

I retract this.

t28 is quite good fun. Slow, but very are to stop. Wish gun was a bit more precise but it is great at medium to close ranges.

FireRadical #18 Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• 17262 battles

View PostDefenderOfTheArtillery, on 01 February 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

TL;DR

It would much much more appreciable if you made this in a form of video :D

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

G_Unit #19 Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

Corporal

• 8533 battles
  • [TNIAD]

View PostFireRadical, on 03 September 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

It would much much more appreciable if you made this in a form of video :D

I can imagine him trying to crush cigarrete butt on an ashtray on a bike at 120 kph.

FireRadical #20 Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

Sergeant

• 17262 battles

View PostRajkumar_ukkuturi, on 01 February 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

erm..  dude its just you thts why u find it awesome... Others wont find it OP...

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users