Is sniping in a TD wrong?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Xx_Bullet_xX #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Corporal

• 5422 battles

Hey guys.. I was playing in my RHM -B WT, and I was sniping, like I usually do in my TD's. My team quickly crumbled why I tried to get shots on enemies attacking my team mates. Unfortunately I didn't have a great game, and missed a few shots :(.. Here is a replay of the said battle... 

(I understand I didn't have a good game.)

Xx_Bullet_xX

Hey guys! I am a world of tanks blitz youtuber. I started creating content on the eleventh of January 2017 (11/01/17) and I have loved every single replay I have uploaded either because of myself, teammates, or enemies actions, achievements, or comments before, throughout and after each battle. I am a bit late to the world of tanks blitz youtube game, and because of this I may not get any success since there are already hundreads of other content creators that cover this fabulous game, but in the end, as long as I have fun and provide other tank players with the inspiration to play for fun, and not for stats, I will be fine :). If you would like to check out my youtube channel here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxPSr_cFd5nA7IwqVgzPJEA

NITROGLYCERlN #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

Corporal

• 11325 battles
Sniping in a tank destroyer really depends on which TD you are playing. Typically peek-a-boom TD's will snipe but it is not uncommon to see low damage, high RoF TD's sniping as well (British AT tanks, etc). That T-44 was wrong to abuse you, as your tank is made of tinfoil, and has a massive gun. If you were in the front line you would've died in a matter of seconds. He obviously doesn't know his tanks properly and you are definitely not a chicken. 

Xx_Bullet_xX #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

Corporal

• 5422 battles
Okay. Thank you. :)

Xx_Bullet_xX

Hey guys! I am a world of tanks blitz youtuber. I started creating content on the eleventh of January 2017 (11/01/17) and I have loved every single replay I have uploaded either because of myself, teammates, or enemies actions, achievements, or comments before, throughout and after each battle. I am a bit late to the world of tanks blitz youtube game, and because of this I may not get any success since there are already hundreads of other content creators that cover this fabulous game, but in the end, as long as I have fun and provide other tank players with the inspiration to play for fun, and not for stats, I will be fine :). If you would like to check out my youtube channel here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxPSr_cFd5nA7IwqVgzPJEA

stormventsrage2 #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25040 battles
Snipe or be sneaky. The Borsiq is good at sneaking around. Hit a tank on the periphery of the enemy.

Diamond114 #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11806 battles
Speaking as a TD player myself, having a big gun and able (mostly) to snipe enemies from a distance while remaining (again, mostly) invisible is the base strategy in any TD. So no, you're not wrong to snipe. Especially if it's a Borsig. It's your advantage and you should leverage it as much as possible.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!"

- U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be able to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN

SonderAbteilung #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• 31806 battles

As Td player myself and got crew skills all lvl 6 with average acuracy of over 85%. 

1) there is a difference between sniping and camping and that difference from the majority of average players  (45%wr) just don't understand.  

2) meds and lt jobs are to spot and flank, td s are support tanks. Now some td can go aggressive i agree but not all. However I still believe as a td. Find a primary spot to support best your team and wait till all reds are spotted. (Of course some can be afk or very well hidden, so keep that in mind) then move to a secondary support position for your team. However be careful not to over extend. Sneaky lt can hurt your back, and most of the time if you call for help not many will help you...unfortunately. ..

3) always be aware of your flanks and who is not spotted (as red team) . Better run behind your ht mt cover and find a safe position for dealing massive amount of damage as possible.  

4) if you're confident in your skills. Just don't care what yolo punks are saying. 

SonderAbteilung #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

Sergeant

• 31806 battles

Oh, I forgot 1 crucial thing. The most crucial actually.  As a TD just try not to get spotted at all is best. Use your range meter on your aiming circle to define the range when you're hid behind a bush and when you just shot. If you're spotted you'll know how far edge you can go. When red lt s are pushing,  sometimes back off or stay immobile  (don't shoot) shoot at more juicy targets.  Primary targets evaluations are very important.  

Advice... to train yourself how not to get spot.. go tier 1 and 2 and try to ace all those tanks without getting shot at. I find tier 1 and tier 10 are quite similar... just try not to get hit...;-) because otherwise you die for sure. 

Neonz_69 #8 Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4624 battles

View PostSonderAbteilung, on 12 January 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

As a TD just try not to get spotted at all is best.

Exceptions for extremely armored TD's

Neonz_69 #9 Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4624 battles

Tin foil armor = Snipe or snake

Tank of Steel armor = Frontlines or rush B

mrcg82_T55 #10 Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

Corporal

• 20057 battles
what i can see there u re doing good job staying alive as long as possible as a TD driver but not really in good position in my opinion as stopping power for your teammate..the most dangerous TD is when they stay hidden while deliver the shot so the enemy only can guessing your position and the fear of your gun will avoid them to overrun your defending team. just like your case above when both TDs decided to shot from flank and spotted leaving other teammate without backup firepower and being overrun...something to consider when u play TD

iamSamRock #11 Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30654 battles
general playstyle of TD should be sniping (don't mistake with camping and not taking shots when entire rest of team is brawling). but if you have mobility, flexibility with turret or solid frontline armor, always support front push. not necessarily be on front line, but if enemy see a big gun coming forward they wouldn't push much.

thaiger21 #12 Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

Sergeant

• 24032 battles

I just think your choice of positions was poor. Very limited field of fire so you could not impose your will on the game.

Rhm is a brute, right up until you get spotted, then it will hurt!

JxZiel #13 Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Sergeant

• 9201 battles
Sniping in a TD is wrong... only if you get caught asleep at the wheel. Other than that snipe away :great:

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

Ambulant #14 Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:53 AM

Corporal

• 20845 battles
I was sniping in my Su-152, doing some hurt, but this Dracula dies early and starts to troll me. We lose of course, due to a bunch of reasons, but for the life of me I can't say that I didn't contribute my best as a sniper, and also put as much hurt into the opposition after they spotted me and swamped me. I can take the loss, but out of curiosity went to check the troll's stats, and it showed really good figures when he was in LTs and MTs. But he couldn't even get past tier 3 TDs, averaging 35-45% win rate in those. So of course, it tells me this guy is really not thinking too much. And there's plenty of these going around. Just ignore them.

Pape0309 #15 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

Private

• 5065 battles

i think it depends on the situation, unless you play a light tank and sniping with autoloader.

have bad experience in the TD, and decide will not playing it a lot.

TANDOG #16 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:02 AM

Corporal

• 3288 battles
IMO its not wrong to snipe in a TD if you have spotters and targets, it would only be wrong if you dont have targets to shoot at and u are way back while your team dies one at a time with u healthy and not contributing at all. Other than that find a spot where you can see the enemy or support the push but not that aggressive. 

WOOF WOOF!

2302 #17 Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:52 AM

Corporal

• 13999 battles

There is a very fine line between being a hero or being called a noob when playing TD. You started off correctly. Find a good spot behind the front line and snipe. The problem was that the action happened at a place out of your line of sight. You had to decide now if you should move to another spot or wait patiently for your chance to shoot. You decided to stay once you saw your chance to shoot at the reds from your current position. I would have done the same.

I think when your team went down to 3 players, if you had started moving closer to the action, you would not have received that much abuse. It was at that moment your team mates who have died watch you play and think that you have been camping. I have had my fair share of abuse even though I came up top 3 in the losing team.  

LJ_Legendary #18 Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

Corporal

• 4391 battles
Hey, what screen recorder do you use? I use mobizen recorder, but it doesn't work on WoT Blitz. Can you help me?

THE_EXTREME_GAMING #19 Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:55 AM

Corporal

• 732 battles
I have second account 

devil477huntr #20 Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

Private

• 4479 battles

I Love Sniping in TD's.Here is a Result of a battle which i played on Mines.(btw,i m showing the good one only :teethhappy:)

Edited by devil477huntr, 21 January 2017 - 05:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users