Microscopic weakspots

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

N_Goshawk #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• 12659 battles

These are the weak points on tanks that I fail to realise during my first 10K games. Any addition is welcome. 

I was utterly panic when an IS7 face hug my E100. I could only fire HE at its turret but he can pen me every time. He outplayed me quite hard that time. I make some research on its turret and find a weak spot that is not obvious. 

IMG_0065.PNG

Impenetrable isn't it 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56.jpg

Look closely at the tiny yellow part, the armour behind the left surveying device is only 30mm thick. You can overmatch it with most of the t10 HT gun. But do remember shoot at the lower part of the surveying device. There is no hit box behind the upper part

"the medium tank is the best antitank weapon."

N_Goshawk #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• 12659 battles
BTW, how do you post image in this forum??

NovaWorks #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Sergeant

• 11346 battles

View PostN_Goshawk, on 12 January 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

BTW, how do you post image in this forum??

Upload your image through sites such as Imgur. Copy the direct link and paste it on the Add Image option

Xx_Bullet_xX #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Corporal

• 5422 battles
Thank you for that!

Xx_Bullet_xX

Hey guys! I am a world of tanks blitz youtuber. I started creating content on the eleventh of January 2017 (11/01/17) and I have loved every single replay I have uploaded either because of myself, teammates, or enemies actions, achievements, or comments before, throughout and after each battle. I am a bit late to the world of tanks blitz youtube game, and because of this I may not get any success since there are already hundreads of other content creators that cover this fabulous game, but in the end, as long as I have fun and provide other tank players with the inspiration to play for fun, and not for stats, I will be fine :). If you would like to check out my youtube channel here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxPSr_cFd5nA7IwqVgzPJEA

N_Goshawk #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• 12659 battles

View PostNovaWorks, on 12 January 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Upload your image through sites such as Imgur. Copy the direct link and paste it on the Add Image option

Thx a lot

Joy_127 #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

Sergeant

• 39930 battles
When a Is7 face hugs angle ur Hull then the distance between u and Is7 will be bit longer and u might get shots on top of its turret hatch 

N_Goshawk #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Corporal

• 12659 battles

View PostJoy_127, on 13 January 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

When a Is7 face hugs angle ur Hull then the distance between u and Is7 will be bit longer and u might get shots on top of its turret hatch 

I genuinely don't think you are tall enough to shoot at the hatch. 

N_Goshawk #8 Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:50 AM

Corporal

• 12659 battles

I used to be afraid to fight against HT in my IS 6. (Still do now, but better.:)) I can't pen most of my shots even in a T8 match. The nightmare tank for me is another IS6 on the enemy team. (I only brought 3 premium ammo at that time. What a potato) They seem to be able to pen me every time, but I can't return fire effectively with the standard ap shells. Even the frontal weak spot  is about 180 mm thick with proper angling.

There are 2 places where I like to shoot at them now. (Of course if I decided to shoot premium ammo, which I do most of the days now against an IS6 and I do recommend you to fire premium ammo at the "balance" soviet steel, it is another story) The first choice for me is the top of the turret. The IS6 has a low profile, this means you can shoot down at it most of the time. The armour on top is 30mm thick and you can overmatch it with most of the gun at t8. (BTW, heat doesn't overmatch. Overmatch means guaranteed penetration) Even you miss the top some how, most of the shells will hit the commander hatch behind. The two hatches are quite large and is only about 150mm thick. 

The other place I like to shoot is at the right centre part of the gun mantelet. The gun mantelet itself is 150mm thick but there is no armour behind it at the right centre part.  

N_Goshawk #9 Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:54 AM

Corporal

• 12659 battles

sk8xtrm4 #10 Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

Corporal

• 5 battles

best recommendations if an IS7 is face hugging your E100 is to Fire HE into the hatches on the top of the turret as you will be at the perfect height to do it, then turn your turret face away from the Is7 between shots to increase the chance of the is7 bouncing his return shot.

Sk8xtrm Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrmwotblitz

N_Goshawk #11 Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• 12659 battles

View Postsk8xtrm4, on 13 January 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

best recommendations if an IS7 is face hugging your E100 is to Fire HE into the hatches on the top of the turret as you will be at the perfect height to do it, then turn your turret face away from the Is7 between shots to increase the chance of the is7 bouncing his return shot.

You shouldn't be able to see the hatches if you are at the same ground level since they are sunken into the top of the turret. I am interested whether your HE shells pen though, that could boost the damage by a large margin.

sk8xtrm4 #12 Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

Corporal

• 5 battles

View PostN_Goshawk, on 13 January 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

You shouldn't be able to see the hatches if you are at the same ground level since they are sunken into the top of the turret. I am interested whether your HE shells pen though, that could boost the damage by a large margin.

I will make sure I get this into a video when I do an e-100 video, if it is on the same level the E100 is considerably taller so looks down on the IS7,  I was working on a Maus video this weekend and did nearly the same thing three times in a row to an is7 hugging my Maus. I was doing around 400dmg a shot with HE to the IS7.

Sk8xtrm Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrmwotblitz

Artisto81 #13 Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles

View PostN_Goshawk, on 13 January 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I used to be afraid to fight against HT in my IS 6. (Still do now, but better.:)) I can't pen most of my shots even in a T8 match. The nightmare tank for me is another IS6 on the enemy team. (I only brought 3 premium ammo at that time. What a potato) They seem to be able to pen me every time, but I can't return fire effectively with the standard ap shells. Even the frontal weak spot  is about 180 mm thick with proper angling.

There are 2 places where I like to shoot at them now. (Of course if I decided to shoot premium ammo, which I do most of the days now against an IS6 and I do recommend you to fire premium ammo at the "balance" soviet steel, it is another story) The first choice for me is the top of the turret. The IS6 has a low profile, this means you can shoot down at it most of the time. The armour on top is 30mm thick and you can overmatch it with most of the gun at t8. (BTW, heat doesn't overmatch. Overmatch means guaranteed penetration) Even you miss the top some how, most of the shells will hit the commander hatch behind. The two hatches are quite large and is only about 150mm thick. 

The other place I like to shoot is at the right centre part of the gun mantelet. The gun mantelet itself is 150mm thick but there is no armour behind it at the right centre part.  

There are TWO gun options for IS-6 now. You can use the gun that have HEAT as premium ammo and APCR as standard for more penetration and better result.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Wraith598 #14 Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

Captain

• 19443 battles
ahh those weakspot os pretty hard to hit from afar unless you got some elevation and Accurate gun.,nice information anyway,

Run?., i prefer Tactical Retreat

Officer and Proud member of Fiercest South East Asian Tankers (FEAST)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users