Theory about Chat Bug

chat bug aliens ghosts ufos whoshotJFK? isthereaGod? didmanwalkonthemoon?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TheCapt #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:31 AM

Sergeant

• 16148 battles
  • [DERPU]

I was sitting having lunch today and thought I would have a few battles. As usual I looked for the little red notification that I had messages but as is the case these days - nothing.

So it got me thinking about the issue .

A number of my clan mates have had this problem and it has been resolved or has fixed itself after a short duration. Now a different sub set of players  are having the same problem. WarGaming are saying that they are investigating but this issue has been known for approx 6 weeks.

Soooooo, is it possible that this is not a bug? But actually a test that WG are doing? Could it be to create a shift away from the need of in game chat to external chat? Are they going to launch a product similar to Discord? Will Blitz Assistance be the add on for text and voice chat?

It just seems to me that this bug has been around for a long time and they themselves boast about their speed of release, so why is this still an issue? And why has there been no official comment from WG about the issue and resolution?

Now maybe I am over thinking this but something just doesn't seem right. :sceptic:

Gentleman Tanker.

Gandalf_Stormcrow #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

Captain

• 46398 battles
  • [SHIRE]

I don't know how useful it is as an experiment as many are not using anything else, just waiting for them to fix it, and they wouldn't be able to tell if we are using any other apps. I don't like the idea of having to use another application and, like geronimonimo, I am not comfortable with voice apps - it's too much social interaction for me. The standard in-game text chat is all I want. 

One thing is certain: it's extremely frustrating and it is taking them a long time to even acknowledge that there is a problem. Ordinarily, there would a news post by now to say that they are looking at the issue but in this case there has been nothing at all. It feels like one of those all-too-common situations in which the developers are informed of a problem but have that "it works on my machine" response and choose to ignore it. 

Edited by Gandalf_Stormcrow, 12 January 2017 - 03:40 AM.

stormventsrage2 #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25161 battles
  • [DWA]
I have a less conspiratorial idea. The problems seem to have occurred around the time of the current event and portal implementation. I wonder whether those affected did something unusual on their accounts in relation to the event. In Gandalf's case we have a perfect example in which the bug arises on only one of his accounts. The question is what has he done differently on that account from what he did on his other account. SHIRE players could also make such a comparison. The sort of behavior I am thinking of is if you received a present from the crates that was immediately converted into credits or you received a present that you immediately exchanged for something else.

stormventsrage2 #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25161 battles
  • [DWA]
Note also that even interacting on this forum could qualify, since it interacts with the client and server.

Gandalf_Stormcrow #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:17 AM

Captain

• 46398 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Poststormventsrage2, on 12 January 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

I have a less conspiratorial idea. The problems seem to have occurred around the time of the current event and portal implementation. I wonder whether those affected did something unusual on their accounts in relation to the event. In Gandalf's case we have a perfect example in which the bug arises on only one of his accounts. The question is what has he done differently on that account from what he did on his other account. SHIRE players could also make such a comparison. The sort of behavior I am thinking of is if you received a present from the crates that was immediately converted into credits or you received a present that you immediately exchanged for something else.

I still need to get confirmation from some of the SHIRE members but it seems the clan chat is broken for them too. They can still see their friends lists though and can send and receive messages. 

stormventsrage2 #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25161 battles
  • [DWA]
Then maybe the problem is with individual clans.

H00DIE #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 34061 battles
  • [GRUMP]
I think it's all to do with internet quality / fire walls and anything that may be between you and WG.

TheCapt #8 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Sergeant

• 16148 battles
  • [DERPU]

View PostH00DIE, on 13 January 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

I think it's all to do with internet quality / fire walls and anything that may be between you and WG.

Nothing has changed for me so don't think this is the problem, pretty sure it is dodgy WG code.

Gentleman Tanker.

Gandalf_Stormcrow #9 Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Captain

• 46398 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostH00DIE, on 13 January 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

That can't be the cause of this problem because it works consistently with other accounts on all my devices but doesn't work with this account (Gandalf_Stormcrow) on any of my devices. For two weeks now it hasn't worked once on this account but has always worked for other accounts, and that's with signing in and out repeatedly to test it. Internet quality and firewalls do not vary based on which WoT profile you are using. 

Edited by Gandalf_Stormcrow, 13 January 2017 - 12:09 AM.

Also tagged with chat, bug, aliens, ghosts, ufos, whoshotJFK?, isthereaGod?, didmanwalkonthemoon?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users