Please leave space

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Neb10k #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41851 battles
  • [HAVOC]

Dear Newbies,

When you start playing blitz there is one simple tip that will save you from upsetting team mates - leave space.

For example, if a medium is approaching a corner, do not follow close behind. he/she might need to reverse. If you are desperate to shoot, go on one side, leave a space behind medium.

Similarly, heavies will poke out, shoot, then reverse. Do not park behind them.

And never knock into a Tank Destroyer. TDs need to stay still to use camouflage. Running into them resets the camo.

On that topic - NEVER push a TD out of a sniping position because you think it is a good spot for youself.

So, in summary, just give your team space. Sometimes there will be tight spots in brawls, bur do you best to never block or push a team member into harms way. You will avoid a lot of anger this way and win more games.

geronimonimo #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25355 battles
  • [0_0]

View PostNeb10k, on 12 January 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

Dear Newbies,

When you start playing blitz there is one simple tip that will save you from upsetting team mates - leave space.

For example, if a medium is approaching a corner, do not follow close behind. he/she might need to reverse. If you are desperate to shoot, go on one side, leave a space behind medium.

And never knock into a Tank Destroyer. TDs need to stay still to use camouflage. Running into them resets the camo.

On that topic - NEVER push a TD out of a sniping position because you think it is a good spot for youself.

So, in summary, just give your team space. Sometimes there will be tight spots in brawls, bur do you best to never block or push a team member into harms way. You will avoid a lot of anger this way and win more games.

There should be advanced tutorials and tips in the game to tell them that... not even a tenth of all blitzers don't look at the forum.

erwin10001 #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

Sergeant

• 13538 battles
  • [SEALZ]

incredibly this happened to me today at Falls Creek. It was a tight 3 v 3 match. We had 3 tanks including myself but the remaining 2 in our team were the campers/miss all shots types.

I was in Hetzer lining up a shot and the t-28 knocked me off my camo.  I killed a Covenanter with no camo left but a BT-7 Art then proceeded to circle me, firing twice (more than 20second reload time since 2 shots) while the T-28 failed to fire a single shot at the BT-7 that was circling me.  

I got high calibre but our team lost because the last 2 in our team was that T-28 and another camper. Checked the stats of T-28, 657 battles, 42% WR. sigh.

:)

Edited by erwin10001, 12 January 2017 - 06:13 AM.

xXFighter888Xx #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19912 battles
  • [SGT-1]
I don't tink those who just started playing will even come here xD

Senpais teach me the way of WoT pls :3 I nub 

erwin10001 #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

Sergeant

• 13538 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostxXFighter888Xx, on 12 January 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

I don't tink those who just started playing will even come here xD

I just started playing in mid-Nov. :)

xXFighter888Xx #6 Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19912 battles
  • [SGT-1]

View Posterwin10001, on 12 January 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I just started playing in mid-Nov. :)

and with 4k battled

Senpais teach me the way of WoT pls :3 I nub 

Diamond114 #7 Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:23 AM

Captain

• 13836 battles
  • [408]

View PostNeb10k, on 12 January 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Dear Newbies,

Another tip to consider: Never crowd your mate and step in front of him just as he is about to take a shot. Seen this multiple times as well and just as annoying especially against OHK enemies. Had one today where a Pz IV with derp stepped in front of me just as I pressed the Fire button against a low health T-28. Not only did he absorb my shot, but he managed to miss his shot. I swear it made me miss the days where FF was on and having that Pz IV learn the hard way.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN

Adapt and overcome, there's no such thing as a bad tank, only bad drivers, bad teams, and bad luck

Neb10k #8 Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41851 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Lol, yeah the shot blockers are really annoying foo.

Worst when you are in a slow loading heavy hitter (kv2).

Though, if I am on 5 kills or more and have done the heavy lifting I will drive a line to the last tanks that blocks shots. Only if it is justified by team mates who have done nothing all game who might then steal kills.

Neb10k #9 Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41851 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Flip side is that I will track a tank for someone on 5 kills, or block a fast ranks escape. If a teammate has earnt it, they deserve the kill and it is no skin of my nose. Plus you earn points from damage done to a tank you have tracked.

Gandalf_Stormcrow #10 Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

Captain

• 49025 battles
  • [SHIRE]
I have taken to using binoculars on more of my mediums and lights as I enjoy being able to light up the enemy from some vantage points before advancing into more risky areas but my current peeve is guys who charge up and bump me, resetting my binoculars. 

Neb10k #11 Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41851 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Yes. This is just plain annoying. If you are at a distant site there is a whole map with other positions to go to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users