Jump to content


Incompatible playstyles (turretless TDs)


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tricky_Fish_68 #1 Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 13277 battles
  • 472
  • [MATES]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2015

I enjoy peak-a-boom heavies and TDs like the T110e4 and KV-1s.  I have fun with spot-and-relocate lights like the type 62.  I like flexible meds and heaviums like the m103 and the t54.  I like sniping turreted TDs like the hellcat.

 

But i can't play turretless TDs like the obj 268 and its line.  I dont do well with them and i don't enjoy them, although i sometimes enjoy the big alpha from the su-152.

 

Does anyone else loath the turreted TDs?

Or does anyone else have a particular playstyle that they are incompatible with?

 

 



Wraith598 #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 21134 battles
  • 1,718
  • [FEAST]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014
well.,i guess Turretless TD really need patience to Use., its one of the hardest since many of them are snipers that Require Spotter.,and Getting a Spotter on random battle is really hard.,oh also getting flanked = u screwed.,i use those Turretless tanks primarily to Guard the rear flank and snipe.,since i hate to be flanked when in Turretless TD's

Run?., i prefer Tactical Retreat

Officer and Proud member of Fiercest South East Asian Tankers (FEAST)


ChocolateRiderX #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15009 battles
  • 133
  • [LMP1]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
T25/2 is easy to play super OP tank

Gandalf_Stormcrow #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 47007 battles
  • 1,442
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View PostChocolateRiderX, on 12 January 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

T25/2 is easy to play super OP tank

 

Man, really? I tried that tank and my first 9 or 10 battles were so bad that I haven't played it since. 

Diamond114 #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:06 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 12823 battles
  • 1,051
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 12 January 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

 

Man, really? I tried that tank and my first 9 or 10 battles were so bad that I haven't played it since. 

 

I wouldn't say it's super OP, but I would say it requires a higher skillcap to use successfully. The armor is obviously garbage and the size rather big, but then again, if you can limit your exposure and use that fantastic ROF and DPM, this thing isn't bad. I play it much like the Jackson; second line sniper at first, erzats medium tank late-game. The standard penetration does kind of sucks by TD standards.


"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN

 

"Adapt and overcome" - Every Army motivational poster ever, unknown if ever right


Diamond114 #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 12823 battles
  • 1,051
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostTricky_Fish_68, on 12 January 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

I enjoy peak-a-boom heavies and TDs like the T110e4 and KV-1s.  I have fun with spot-and-relocate lights like the type 62.  I like flexible meds and heaviums like the m103 and the t54.  I like sniping turreted TDs like the hellcat.

 

But i can't play turretless TDs like the obj 268 and its line.  I dont do well with them and i don't enjoy them, although i sometimes enjoy the big alpha from the su-152.

 

Does anyone else loath the turreted TDs?

Or does anyone else have a particular playstyle that they are incompatible with?

 

 

 

I don't loath any of the TDs, with the turretless one you do have to predict where the OPFOR is going to pop up and set up your firing position so you'll be concealed and ready to fire when they pop into your line of sight. Also it is wiser to simply stick to one target in your firing arc rather than moving the tank to hit a potentially more juicy target and risk blowing your cover at the same time. If you have to move, ideally do it when the OPFOR has no direct sight of you at longer ranges.

The turretted ones are generally more flexible, but they will still be outplayed by other tanks in a straight firefight unless at some higher tier ones.

Sometimes with TDs like Ferdi or ISU-152 you have to play the support gun role alongside the heavies and push hard. Especially Ferdi sine it has a rather big alpha and decent armor to back it up.


"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN

 

"Adapt and overcome" - Every Army motivational poster ever, unknown if ever right


Joy_127 #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 42966 battles
  • 297
  • [-IQ-]
  • Member since:
    08-04-2015
Turret less tds, meh. Why play isu if u can play borsig , why play t95 when u can play t30

geronimonimo #8 Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 25168 battles
  • 309
  • [0_0]
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View PostTricky_Fish_68, on 12 January 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

I enjoy peak-a-boom heavies and TDs like the T110e4 and KV-1s.  I have fun with spot-and-relocate lights like the type 62.  I like flexible meds and heaviums like the m103 and the t54.  I like sniping turreted TDs like the hellcat.

 

But i can't play turretless TDs like the obj 268 and its line.  I dont do well with them and i don't enjoy them, although i sometimes enjoy the big alpha from the su-152.

 

Does anyone else loath the turreted TDs?

Or does anyone else have a particular playstyle that they are incompatible with?

 

 

 

the KV-1(S)?! a TD?!!!! 

wops sorry I skim read it...


Edited by geronimonimo, 12 January 2017 - 06:01 PM.


Farlesquew #9 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22967 battles
  • 290
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2015

SU-100Y is my credit maker. While not fast, it's strong engine can get it up slopes and also help slower heavies to get into position; plus being HUGE many don't seem to take it seriously, maybe thinking of it as a 'looming threat' that will be easy to take out 'later...'? Big mistake ;) The shell arc is an amazing and something I'm learning to abuse - that red tank behind the <insert object> who thinks they're safe because I can probably only see the faintest particle of them above the obstruction? Boom! Mwa ha harrr (oh such joy). 

 

AT-15A - armor trolling fun; plus adrenalin & prammo for ripping through something that needs to be removed. Good times!

 

It feels like light tanks are probably my kryptonite. I tend to stand and fight when I should have taken flight seconds ago, and the mobility helps me get into maximum trouble as fast as possible, oh dear :( My worst habit is to stop and fire; I sometimes even reverse up!!! The best light tank drivers I see just keep rolling - impossible to hit and usually creating total chaos in their wake.


Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.


Gandalf_Stormcrow #10 Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 47007 battles
  • 1,442
  • [SHIRE]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

View PostFarlesquew, on 13 January 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

SU-100Y is my credit maker. While not fast, it's strong engine can get it up slopes and also help slower heavies to get into position; plus being HUGE many don't seem to take it seriously, maybe thinking of it as a 'looming threat' that will be easy to take out 'later...'? Big mistake ;) The shell arc is an amazing and something I'm learning to abuse - that red tank behind the <insert object> who thinks they're safe because I can probably only see the faintest particle of them above the obstruction? Boom! Mwa ha harrr (oh such joy). 

 

AT-15A - armor trolling fun; plus adrenalin & prammo for ripping through something that needs to be removed. Good times!

 

It feels like light tanks are probably my kryptonite. I tend to stand and fight when I should have taken flight seconds ago, and the mobility helps me get into maximum trouble as fast as possible, oh dear :( My worst habit is to stop and fire; I sometimes even reverse up!!! The best light tank drivers I see just keep rolling - impossible to hit and usually creating total chaos in their wake.

 

Hi Farley. I haven't played my SU-100Y in ages but I used to enjoy it too. Is the AT-15A still viable in the game right now? (Saying "current meta" just makes me feel pretentious.) 

 

I do the same thing in light tanks. I just haven't got the hang of the constantly moving style, even when playing the Leopard - a tank almost everyone seems to be able to keep racing around in. It works well enough but I know I would do better if I stopped less often. I also get myself into trouble, as you mention. I think that's why my Leopard battles tend to be polarised - either very good or very bad - if I race off and find the entire team around a corner I am done for but if it turns out they went the other way I end up getting a bunch of kills.


Edited by Gandalf_Stormcrow, 13 January 2017 - 12:21 AM.


Farlesquew #11 Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22967 battles
  • 290
  • [HAVOC]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2015
AT-15A is fine, with a team and some luck allowing. Many players surprisingly still don't know how to kill it and if you can keep fantasy tanks off your rear (by placement or team assistance) you can make an impact. Certainly not as 'easy' as it was, but still successful enough that my WR in it is still nudging slowly upwards.

Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users