Unbalanced matchmaking?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

NovaWorks #1 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Sergeant

• 11346 battles
So after the fix of unequal vehicle tiers per team and the new +/-1 match making, it was all fine and dandy until recently more of this type of battles happen to me. A team filled with TD against a team filled with mediums and hvys. Couldn't the match making just balance out the team and swap some positions?

Edited by NovaWorks, 11 January 2017 - 11:46 AM.

Wraith598 #2 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

Captain

• 19443 battles
i think its pretty hard thing to do.,since even if team composition unbalance everything in the end is down to the each players individual skill right?.,

Run?., i prefer Tactical Retreat

Officer and Proud member of Fiercest South East Asian Tankers (FEAST)

NovaWorks #3 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

Sergeant

• 11346 battles
^thats half true but its a guaranteed lost if you have this kind of composition + unskilled players. 

NovaWorks #4 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• 11346 battles
Its also annoying that TDs arent able to hide in blitz. It feels like they do not have any camo rating. Mediums and heavies can easily spot it and kill it. TDs also do not have the view range to spot enemies before getting spotted. So all TDs in my team could not do anything except to trade their hp.

bigben21 #5 Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

Private

• 7416 battles

Thought it happened to me only. I realised there were a lot of uneven matches nowadays. E.g. 1 side many heavies n meds, the other many tds. Also realised that many times experience gamers with 10-30k games with high win rate grouped together. Or maybe its just me?

bigben21 #6 Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Private

• 7416 battles
Yes agreeable nova. A few of my games I realised were a few tds, plus 3 heavies n meds. The heavies n med dare not move so we can't spot n so tds were useless. On the other hand enemy have a few meds n heavies n we easily got spotted n destroyed. Really took away the fun with such matching. 

Gandalf_Stormcrow #7 Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

Captain

• 45642 battles
This is one of the frustrations of Blitz. I think it is better than it used to be but it can still do a number on you every few battles. More if you're unlucky. 

adreeen #8 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Corporal

• 4392 battles

I've gotten to the point where I'm honestly giving up trying. It's worrying because I feel like I'm on the verge of actually going haywire and doing the opposite of how we're "supposed" to play the game. Going yolo, ramming ppl, dying as quick as possible etc.

They say it's all down to the luck of the draw. Well I'm sorry, WG makes the luck here. They make the dice and then roll them themselves. And at the slightest suggestion of foul play you get shouted down with cries of "noob", "you're just shit" as long as you're under 50-percentile. Well, I'm sorry, when I start seeing myself constantly with players under 1k games, something starts smelling fishy.

Maybe someone at WG is blacklisting players just for a power trip, just to piss off whoever rubs WG the wrong way. I mean, by all means, the power is in your hands. Nobody will stop the money from rolling in, but the reputation is yours to lose.

NovaWorks #9 Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Sergeant

• 11346 battles

View Postadreeen, on 12 January 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

I've gotten to the point where I'm honestly giving up trying. It's worrying because I feel like I'm on the verge of actually going haywire and doing the opposite of how we're "supposed" to play the game. Going yolo, ramming ppl, dying as quick as possible etc.

They say it's all down to the luck of the draw. Well I'm sorry, WG makes the luck here. They make the dice and then roll them themselves. And at the slightest suggestion of foul play you get shouted down with cries of "noob", "you're just shit" as long as you're under 50-percentile. Well, I'm sorry, when I start seeing myself constantly with players under 1k games, something starts smelling fishy.

Maybe someone at WG is blacklisting players just for a power trip, just to piss off whoever rubs WG the wrong way. I mean, by all means, the power is in your hands. Nobody will stop the money from rolling in, but the reputation is yours to lose.

Well said. I gave up playing like how it was supposed to be played. Used to be so fun and engaging but someone just has to ruin it all.

Wraith598 #10 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:47 AM

Captain

• 19443 battles

View PostNovaWorks, on 11 January 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

^thats half true but its a guaranteed lost if you have this kind of composition + unskilled players. 

that is the hard part.,i'm also half agree with your statement., if a noob drive a IS-3 he's definitely can do something more than a noob on Indien Panzer., an IS-3 still an IS-3 even if its driven by a noob (you know what i'am saying right) ,still its down to WG if they're want to revamp Blitz MM.,to accomodate the META of small maps on Blitz

Run?., i prefer Tactical Retreat

Officer and Proud member of Fiercest South East Asian Tankers (FEAST)

BigNowzy #11 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

Corporal

• 3271 battles
With the lack of TD players this would be pretty rare,  in fact I have never seen it but mainly because I don't play TDs much. However I do agree balanced tank type is the logical next step in improving the MM.

NovaWorks #12 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:01 PM

Sergeant

• 11346 battles
Matchup with more than half the players in the battles are TDs are not rare to me. It always happen and it is really starting to get on my nerves.

adreeen #13 Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Corporal

• 4392 battles

Just lost 5 straight games in my T44. Yes, the T44, the oft-acclaimed "good" tank. I have a 35% WR with it. More than 10% lower than my overall WR. "Evens out" my [edited].

In my last game on Castilla, the opposite team had 4 TDs. My team, predictably, elected to go along the river between the town and the windmill hill, and got picked off one by one - starting with our only TD, a Rhm. 

Yes, TDs are a problem, but there is a huge difference if you put more on one team, and especially if you group good players together (recall my team's heroic martyr Rhm., with 0 dmg).

Edited by adreeen, 12 January 2017 - 06:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users