Jump to content


How to kill an Obj. 263? Help please!

Obj. 263 Tier X Russian

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ashibr #1 Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 34638 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014

I'm having issues with killing the Obj. 263 if it's not exposing the lower hull, if it is then it's not that hard to hit. The upper structure is very strong and although people keep mentioning of the gun mantlet, I still have issues trying to pen it. Perhaps I'm not doing something right?

 

It's a different thing if we're talking about flanking and coordinating with teammates as the sides and rear are weak. But let's say you're in a Tortoise or a Jagtiger, maybe the death star or the Jageru, facing an Obj. 263 right in front, how do we effectively confront it? Thanks in advance for the help!



anthonylei01 #2 Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16173 battles
  • 1,484
  • [YOYO_]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

gun mantlet is spaced armor, so you cannot use HEAT to penetrate it.

 

You need APCR with over 270mm of penetration. Say FV215B can penetrate the gun mantlet reliability, as the APCR got (Gold round) 330mm of penetration



Kryptonite_07 #3 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 26131 battles
  • 23
  • [SKUX]
  • Member since:
    02-11-2016
As you can see from the attached picture. Here the shell is AP shell from T110E5, having least penetration as a tier X competitive heavy, orherwise Maus but I'm not taking it in consideration since Maus has APCR. Notice that you can penetrate and damage the Obj.263 on both side of mantlet if you shoot right at the edge. It really is annoying and takes much precision. 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Screenshot_20170111-005438.png   108.04K

Edited by jenishs1210, 11 January 2017 - 07:35 AM.


ashibr #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 34638 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014
I see. So hitting mantlet area with heat is a no go, but high pen AP or APCR can but by aiming at the edges? Or if enough pen, can just hit the mantlet right?

Kryptonite_07 #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 26131 battles
  • 23
  • [SKUX]
  • Member since:
    02-11-2016

View Postashibr, on 12 January 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

I see. So hitting mantlet area with heat is a no go, but high pen AP or APCR can but by aiming at the edges? Or if enough pen, can just hit the mantlet right?

 

It's probably in best interest to hit the edges anyway, even with AP-APCR because the spaced armor may troll you sometimes. (This tactic though is effective at short range as you can aim better. Over long distances, you might be able to see other weakspots and try those; since accuracy will deter with distance.)

LykanMC #6 Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12041 battles
  • 44
  • [-TAI]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2015

There is 2 possibilities is 263 is hiding its lower hull:

1. Shoot at the mantlet away from the gun if you have good penetration.

2. If 263 is angling and you can see the space perpendicular to the mantlet, that is quite weak too.


Edited by LykanMC, 14 January 2017 - 02:09 PM.


ashibr #7 Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 34638 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014
Thanks everyone!

Repuplic_Thunderstreak #8 Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 35191 battles
  • 151
  • [_IR_]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2014

View Postashibr, on 10 January 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

I'm having issues with killing the Obj. 263 if it's not exposing the lower hull, if it is then it's not that hard to hit. The upper structure is very strong and although people keep mentioning of the gun mantlet, I still have issues trying to pen it. Perhaps I'm not doing something right?

 

It's a different thing if we're talking about flanking and coordinating with teammates as the sides and rear are weak. But let's say you're in a Tortoise or a Jagtiger, maybe the death star or the Jageru, facing an Obj. 263 right in front, how do we effectively confront it? Thanks in advance for the help!

 

ARE YOU JOKING MATE? Jagdtiger has enough pen to punch through the manlet with AP and superstructure with APCR. You are a absolute joker. Also try to get above it and put shells through his open top.
The best player in the Jagdtiger by far.

Dangerous_when_Sober #9 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:54 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 62297 battles
  • 1,468
  • [KR0N0]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Yes, hover over them

Hokey_Pokey #10 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 23156 battles
  • 631
  • [ACE]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014

View PostRepuplic_Thunderstreak, on 22 March 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

 

ARE YOU JOKING MATE? Jagdtiger has enough pen to punch through the manlet with AP and superstructure with APCR. You are a absolute joker. Also try to get above it and put shells through his open top.

 

^Triggered 

 



Oddball__ #11 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23284 battles
  • 444
  • [16MIL]
  • Member since:
    12-22-2014
What part of a gun do you pull to make it fire?

Hokey_Pokey #12 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 23156 battles
  • 631
  • [ACE]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014

View PostOddball__, on 20 April 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

What part of a gun do you pull to make it fire?

 

have you tried tickling it tho?

Oddball__ #13 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23284 battles
  • 444
  • [16MIL]
  • Member since:
    12-22-2014

View PostHokey_Pokey, on 21 April 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

 

have you tried tickling it tho?

 

​I'm scared!

limjf04 #14 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11557 battles
  • 730
  • [ISD]
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014
If you have HEAT as prammo in a derp gun throw HE at the mantlet you'll get a 400 damage roll

A cheapsake's garage:

MS-1 (4 aces), Tetrarch, T2 Light, T7 Car, Pz.II J, BT-7 Artillery, Pz.S35 (2 aces), M3 Light, LTP, BT-SV, T-127 (1 ace), Pz.IV D, Hetzer Kame SP, A-32, Pz.IV Anko SP, Pz.III/IV, Crusader (1 ace),  Kuro Mori Mine, VK 28.01, KV-2, AMX 50 100, Tiger II, WT auf Pz.IV, E50,  Jagdtiger (1 ace), E100, Jagdpanzer E100 (1 ace)

Hmm I actually have lots of garage slots


star_sword2000 #15 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10281 battles
  • 124
  • [AUSIE]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2014

u need to do these things: a) get a tankk that has 230 = pen to reliably cut through mantlet. or 300+ for sides. not heat for mantlet, he can work sometimes due to it not hitting the mantlet but hitting the space btwn the mantlet and the rest of the hull. or circle it and hit it from the sides. essentially how i beat it:

 

kemp with jagtiger, use big boomstick with APCR through anywhere (apcr has like 350+ pen) and hit it for 450 every time with an 8 sec reload.


 

World of Tanks Generals Beta Tester, World of Warships Closed Beta tester, Heliborne Closed Alpha Tester. 

Leader of SH4FT, professor of committee of SHAFT. 

 
Current lines: German TD(s) (Jagtiger, St. Emil) German Light (ru251) German medium (halted for now) Soviet Heavy (IS3) British Mediums (Halted for now)
 

Repuplic_Thunderstreak #16 Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 35191 battles
  • 151
  • [_IR_]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2014

View Poststar_sword2000, on 21 April 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

u need to do these things: a) get a tankk that has 230 = pen to reliably cut through mantlet. or 300+ for sides. not heat for mantlet, he can work sometimes due to it not hitting the mantlet but hitting the space btwn the mantlet and the rest of the hull. or circle it and hit it from the sides. essentially how i beat it:

 

kemp with jagtiger, use big boomstick with APCR through anywhere (apcr has like 350+ pen) and hit it for 450 every time with an 8 sec reload.

 

Jagdtiger reloads in 6.5 before update. 6.9 now. Where did 8 seconds come from?
The best player in the Jagdtiger by far.

Repuplic_Thunderstreak #17 Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:03 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 35191 battles
  • 151
  • [_IR_]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2014
I personally find shooting the manlet works well at medium to long ranges but I prefer shooting the superstructure at close ranges. It just seems to be a more guaranteed pen with 350mm + guns (Jagdtiger, T110E3/4, JG PZ E100, Obj268).
The best player in the Jagdtiger by far.

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #18 Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:23 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 25270 battles
  • 2,980
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013
Side armor is 50. Derp when he is distracted.

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


hennesseyvenomgt #19 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 40193 battles
  • 39
  • [K1NG]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

It isn't hard to kill an Obj 263. Heat will not go through the mantlet because it is spaced armor. Any tanks with about 260 mm of apcr or ap pen will reliable go straight through the mantlet.

The 183 is a nightmare for this tank. The 183s hesh goes through the lower plate, and any shot on the side will most likely cause an ammorack. To reliably pen this tank, try to shoot its side if you don't have apcr or a high pen ap round or flank it, also use hills as it has rubbish gun depression. its russian:☺️

 



hennesseyvenomgt #20 Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 40193 battles
  • 39
  • [K1NG]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostRepuplic_Thunderstreak, on 14 May 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

I personally find shooting the manlet works well at medium to long ranges but I prefer shooting the superstructure at close ranges. It just seems to be a more guaranteed pen with 350mm + guns (Jagdtiger, T110E3/4, JG PZ E100, Obj268).

 

Oi




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users