BALANCE TEST FOR MEDIUM TANKS

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Captain

• 0 battles
As you can guess from the title, the time has come to rebalance medium tanks. Rebalancing will start on 4 January as part of the Supertest.

Full news text

Beelz3bub #2 Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

Private

• 6869 battles
  • [FROST]
Lol, I just finished my grinding with T54 and started enjoying it :p

5dam #3 Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Private

• 27929 battles
  • [-H2-]
Before balancing mediums solve problem which alot of players are having at the moment.We can't login to the game because it says to update to latest client version even though we have the latest version. I couldn't complete my blitz fair because when 2 days left on blitz fair i cannot login.i needed around 3500 more cases from missions. u are not saying anything about it.how is it a blitz FAIR???? 

ChinkCyclops #4 Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

Private

• 11209 battles
  • [SJC]
WG i reli hate this. i tolerate fantasy tanks n the m60, but this is a bit too much. Leopard 1 have a excellent gun to compensate for its SUPER BAD armor, but taking away the gun penetration will cripple the tank and render it useless. whats good for a racecar in WOT???? maybe nerfing obj is acceptable cuz it is too overpowered, but all the other meds, like t-62a, e50m, stb, leo1 and fv4202 is not right. t62a hv a poor gun depression n worse mobility than obj, n hv turrent armor is the only defence for the tank. e50m hv a great armor but poor mobility, and it also hv poor firepower. lowering the pen will make the tank useless. stb is a downright useless tank. low firepower, weak armor, not high speed makes the tank reli weak. if u lower the pen absolute nobody will play the tank. fv4202 hv weak armour and is the slowest of all meds. if u take away the pen of the gun, even if it is only the standard ammo, it will cause ppl to play the tank even less, as if not enough ppl play the brits already. instead of nerfing some tanks that shldnt be nerfed, u may consider buffing the maus and is4, which only a few ppl play it and even fewer ppl play it well, while nerfing the deathstar fv215b183 which hv the highest alpha in game n is the most popular td.

Stonk #5 Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

Corporal

• 43537 battles
  • [1914]
Well done WG. Long overdue. 

krad55 #6 Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

What that even means? What is "as part of the Supertest"?

Does it mean supertesters will get the nerfed tanks to drive in random? Or on some test server? Or is it, as always, confidential and cannot be clearly said? 

And why suddenly such an announcement regarding "supertest" when all the time before nothing was told? Does it not mean that nerf will actually be for everybody, and silent, without showing it in the stats?

azlansu #7 Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:51 AM

Corporal

• 35912 battles
  • [MYTM]

Dear Wargaming,

I am begging you; please don't nerf the Leopard PTA and the Leopard 1 anymore. You nerf them anymore and they are nothing but useless!!!!!

I have both and playing them is a nightmare.

PLEASE DON'T NERF THEM (Leopards PTA and 1) ANYMORE. ESPECIALLY THE GUN. AND ARMOUR NEEDS UPGRADE.

The gun currently does not give any special advantage at all. It just doesn't. At tier 9 and 10, the competition can blow you away in one shot.

If you still nerf these vehicles, then I suggest you just take out all German tanks. Just offer Russian tanks and fantasy tanks. That way, you don't give us players nightmares.

Also, I have actually requested a change to the 2 German tanks: INCREASE ARMOR.

I suggest the armor for these 2 leopards be increased so as to be the same as the Indien Panzer, which is at Tier 8. Please compare the stats.

Indien Panzer (VIII)

Hull Armor
============
Front         90
Sides        90
Rear        45

Turret Armor
===========
Front         90
Sides        90
Rear        45

Leopart PTA and Leopard !

Hull Armor
============
Front         70
Sides        35
Rear        25

Turret Armor
===========
Front         52
Sides        60
Rear        60

Giving them the same armor stats as the Indien Panzer will not really give them too much of an advantage, but it does give them a fighting chance. Check out other players using the leopards pta and one. They will tell you that the 2 tanks need armor upgrades. Seriously, these tanks have bad reputations, though they look good. And at tier 9 and 10, it is very difficult to just survive.

BTW, I did raise a ticket for this issue. I get the response that some department will look into it. I hope Wargaming will listen.

And for the record; I cannot comment on the other tanks mentioned in the news updates. Never used them before. 

Thank you.

yours respectfully,

Azlansu

geronimonimo #8 Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28387 battles
  • [0_0]

View Postazlansu, on 04 January 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

PLEASE DON'T NERF THEM (Leopards PTA and 1) ANYMORE. ESPECIALLY THE GUN. AND ARMOUR NEEDS UPGRADE.

What the...?! the Leopards weren't meant to be well armored from the start. If they were to get more armor, we'll get into composite slabs, which is out of the game mechanics atm. Tbh, I'm having the time of my life in the leo's. Top XP earned in battle was in the PTA and I went from a horrendous WR of 36% on the leo 1 to over 45% in the past months (finally learned how to play it right)

Kingofdisaster_official #9 Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

Corporal

• 36010 battles
  • [CATS]
wg,please dont nerf E50 M as its already underpowered. It has low dpm and its not mobile enough. The penetration is to make it balanced. If you nerf it,it will be more underpowered and unplayable. same goes to fv4202 since it doesnthave high penetration premium ammo. it also doesnt have enough mobility to flank and it doesnt have strong armor. also T-54 which has a very low penetration on its standard ammo. please consider again about nerfing E50 M,fv4202 and T-54 penetration value.

azlansu #10 Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:58 AM

Corporal

• 35912 battles
  • [MYTM]

View Postgeronimonimo, on 04 January 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

What the...?! the Leopards weren't meant to be well armored from the start. If they were to get more armor, we'll get into composite slabs, which is out of the game mechanics atm. Tbh, I'm having the time of my life in the leo's. Top XP earned in battle was in the PTA and I went from a horrendous WR of 36% on the leo 1 to over 45% in the past months (finally learned how to play it right)

Hi.

Even if you increase the armor equivalent to the Indien Panzer, it won't change the leo's gamplay much. But my point is: In TIER 9 AND 10, you have opponents that can tear you apart with one shot. That is why I asked that the armor be increased. An armor increase will give the Leo a fighting chance, not necessarily a major increase in advantage.

You are not alone in saying the leo is good and all. Bushka* believes that the leo is good too, despite acknowledging that a friend of his disagree. But the leo can only be played like a Tank Destroyer. You have to shoot from afar, meaning that you need someone to spot for you. Or, as it has been suggested by Bushka*, you play in such a way that you get another tank to be your shield, blocking shots to you while you return fire (or something like that).

But here's the thing; Leo is not a tank destroyer. It is a medium tank. Sooner or later, you have to brawl (though you have to keep brawling to a minimum). This is when the armor increase will come in handy. It will give the leo a fighting chance. Also, if you need a partner or a platoon mate to survive or to fight, you really have to re-think your tank. You should be able to hold your own, without needing a platoon mate or partner to carry the day for you.

So, just to be clear; I REALLY HOPE THAT WG DON'T NERF THE LEO'S GUN, AND TO INCREASE THE ARMOR TO EQUIVALENT INDIEN PANZER ARMOR. THAT'S ALL.

About composite slabs; this is a game tank, not a real tank. Why discuss composite slabs? An increase in armor has nothing to do with composite slabs.

Thank you for listening.

* Bushka is the Aussie dude that does youtube video for WOT Blitz.

- Azlansu

Edited by azlansu, 05 January 2017 - 04:07 AM.

Golden_Egg_2015 #11 Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Corporal

• 24456 battles
  • [JG]
About time, meds are easy mode compared to the heavy tanks and tank destroyers. Quite frankly I think components should get less health to punish players for not playing well as a med. they already have insane speed, pen, dps and frontal armour on most of them.

azlansu #12 Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

Corporal

• 35912 battles
  • [MYTM]

Punishing players because they don't play well.

OK, radical thinking. Reminds me of ISIS.

- azlansu

geronimonimo #13 Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28387 battles
  • [0_0]

View Postazlansu, on 22 January 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Punishing players because they don't play well.

OK, radical thinking. Reminds me of ISIS.

- azlansu

If you're a bad player even by your standard, please! Do remember you're not alone and just because you are more vocal doesn't mean your opinion makes more sense.

geronimonimo #14 Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28387 battles
  • [0_0]

View Post5dam, on 03 January 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Before balancing mediums solve problem which alot of players are having at the moment.We can't login to the game because it says to update to latest client version even though we have the latest version. I couldn't complete my blitz fair because when 2 days left on blitz fair i cannot login.i needed around 3500 more cases from missions. u are not saying anything about it.how is it a blitz FAIR???? 

There's the adjective "fair" meaning equal or balanced OR the noun whose synonym could be festival or event. That means that the Blitz Fair isn't meant to be fair like you think it is.

K4t4 #15 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

Corporal

• 29839 battles
  • [BKK]

Not the right conclusion to the problem.  The Medium tanks that are being nerf are as ancient as the game itself.  Why after 4 years, nerf has just been implement now? why not sooner or later?  The problem is not that tank has to much pen or armour on them, it more of serious players get better at games they been playing so long.  Like in another games and system where experience player dominate the field.  It is very sad that WG is very short sight in striking balance between old and new players.  Nerfing or buffing of system tools can never struck balance between different user experience.  As games need to attract new player and keep old player happy, however, constant adjustment can deter new player and upset old player alike.
I like Bushka, however, i believe there are certain things he can not comment due to any agreement with WG, as he seem to be in support of everything WG introduce and never say negative or bug that all people experience.  I have played many games over 20 years, however this game lack direction on improving user experience and expanding their market.

Feel like marketing, create new tanks to sell and new game method and balance team is running after them try to clean up the mess they make.

geronimonimo #16 Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 28387 battles
  • [0_0]

View PostK4t4, on 31 January 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Not the right conclusion to the problem.  The Medium tanks that are being nerf are as ancient as the game itself.  Why after 4 years, nerf has just been implement now? why not sooner or later?  The problem is not that tank has to much pen or armour on them, it more of serious players get better at games they been playing so long.  Like in another games and system where experience player dominate the field.  It is very sad that WG is very short sight in striking balance between old and new players.  Nerfing or buffing of system tools can never struck balance between different user experience.  As games need to attract new player and keep old player happy, however, constant adjustment can deter new player and upset old player alike.
I like Bushka, however, i believe there are certain things he can not comment due to any agreement with WG, as he seem to be in support of everything WG introduce and never say negative or bug that all people experience.  I have played many games over 20 years, however this game lack direction on improving user experience and expanding their market.

Feel like marketing, create new tanks to sell and new game method and balance team is running after them try to clean up the mess they make.

I will go with the fact that Wargaming is quite elusive on reasons few things are done. But look at your average tier 10 game. A team which has 4 meds working together systematically gets the initiative. Enjoy it or despise it, something's got to be done about it. Marketing has nothing to do about it. If you really think so, please expand on that because that's a really vague assumption. Most people complaining don't wanna face it but it's just because it gets them out of their comfort zone, considered to be an unofficial right by way too many people. As a matter of fact, such changes should help you "get through life" (that's quite ironic to say since it's JUST A GAME!). Come on, if you really played for 20 years, you should know better...

K4t4 #17 Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Corporal

• 29839 battles
  • [BKK]
Precisely, it is just a game, i never complain about game if it free however once you spend money, for me is a product.  Eg. Star Craft 1 took more 5 years to make the game balance for international completion, and that was 1998.  I do not have any evidence, I just assume base on my marketing experience, what marketeer are up to in the office.  And how engineer and production usually pull their hairs out over some proposal.  You've been there right. Personally, the entertainment value rather diminish over the years.  Love all the new maps, but nerving and buffing kind of annoying.  Why did they test the tank balance before release, cause right now is sell first balance later.

geronimonimo #18 Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 28387 battles
  • [0_0]

View PostK4t4, on 31 January 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Precisely, it is just a game, i never complain about game if it free however once you spend money, for me is a product.  Eg. Star Craft 1 took more 5 years to make the game balance for international completion, and that was 1998.  I do not have any evidence, I just assume base on my marketing experience, what marketeer are up to in the office.  And how engineer and production usually pull their hairs out over some proposal.  You've been there right. Personally, the entertainment value rather diminish over the years.  Love all the new maps, but nerving and buffing kind of annoying.  Why did they test the tank balance before release, cause right now is sell first balance later.

Alright... then give wargaming a chance on the mobile world. The issue is that they first went with the idea that WoT PC could be easily ported to a smaller universe. You've got room to maneuver on WoT PC while the biggest maps on blitz barely exceed the render range, which is the same from PC to Blitz. This gives an advantage to the more accurate medium of the higher tiers. Mediums and lights can (some not anymore) heavies head on and that's not what the game developers first had in mind. Also remember this has been talked about to be a part of a superTEST. They clearly stated that not all changes planed will be implemented. This is the whole point of a test, you wanna start wild to narrow it down to something more sensible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users