• 4688 battles

View PostH00DIE, on 27 December 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

I liked both

I do both of them good, but never earned enough credits for my Family

Oddball__ #5 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23174 battles
  • [16MIL]
M4 for me. I dont mind the T34 but the M4 can bully.

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #6 Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

Captain

• 21090 battles
  • [ACT-1]
All tanks are unique. each has its own strength and weakness. T34 is a great scout that can annoy or pack a punch depending on the gun. M4 is all rounder

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

Neonz_69 #7 Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4688 battles

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 27 December 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

All tanks are unique. each has its own strength and weakness. T34 is a great scout that can annoy or pack a punch depending on the gun. M4 is all rounder

T-34 Gets them both for me

JeanneThiccWaifu #8 Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:14 PM

Captain

• 26898 battles
  • [FEAST]
T-34 is more faster and maneuverable.,and usually help when situation calls for it

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

CookySushi #9 Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Corporal

• 13220 battles
  • [DE_RP]
Never played the t34 but the m4 was a blast. Finally got rid of that M3 Lee. M4 has a good gun, ok speed, basically a all rounder

stormventsrage2 #10 Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26578 battles
I played both. I have a 65% win rate or thereabouts in the M4, but a 47% win rate in the T-34. The reason is dirt is OP. The M4 can make better use of terrain and has a troll mantelet. T-34 is good on a flat but can't play in the front line.
The problem of leisure, what to do for pleasure....

The_Gaffer #11 Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Poststormventsrage2, on 02 January 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

I played both. I have a 65% win rate or thereabouts in the M4, but a 47% win rate in the T-34. The reason is dirt is OP. The M4 can make better use of terrain and has a troll mantelet. T-34 is good on a flat but can't play in the front line.

I am not sure that the performance of others is any indication of which one will suit you better but it seems clear that the M4 is a more popular choice in this thread so far. I took a look and it turns out that my stats are also better in the M4 (75% after 101 battles) than the T-34 (70% after 111 battles).

I must add though that I recall enjoying playing the T-34 more and, more importantly, I think I played the T-34 when it still saw tier 7s whereas the M4 was definitely played after the MM change to -1/+1. That makes a big difference, in my opinion. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Diamond114 #12 Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• 16264 battles
  • [408]
I personally swears by the Sherman family both at Tier V and VI. I've played the M4 with the -2/+2 MM seeing Tier VII IS's, and comparing it to other Tier V meds at that time for me was no contest; I feel more confident in the Sherman with the 76mm even in Tier VII battles than with most other Tier V meds (57% WR for M4, 53% with Pz IV, and 51% with T-34). Now I did replay the T-34 when I was headstarting for the MT-25 with the 57mm, and while I finally felt that back then it was just me scrubbing out in the T-34, the gun depression and inability to play well at hills was the turn off point for me.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

The_Gaffer #13 Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostDiamond114, on 03 January 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

I personally swears by the Sherman family both at Tier V and VI. I've played the M4 with the -2/+2 MM seeing Tier VII IS's, and comparing it to other Tier V meds at that time for me was no contest; I feel more confident in the Sherman with the 76mm even in Tier VII battles than with most other Tier V meds (57% WR for M4, 53% with Pz IV, and 51% with T-34). Now I did replay the T-34 when I was headstarting for the MT-25 with the 57mm, and while I finally felt that back then it was just me scrubbing out in the T-34, the gun depression and inability to play well at hills was the turn off point for me.

Hey, Diamond, good to see you weigh in. Do you rate the full family? I have the Jumbo in tier 6 but not the "Easy 8". I struggled a bit with the Fury back when it came out and parked it as soon as I got an Ace in it (my only goal back then) so I didn't think I would play it well. Perhaps I was too hasty on that. 

Neb10k #14 Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

Captain

• 59804 battles
  • [KR0N0]
M4. Outstanding tank.

T34 is good, but is hard work with 57 gun. Pulling the trigger that often and not getting shot while doing so is a challenge.

But, prefer T1 heavy to both. It is almost a medium in terms of mobility. Had a great gun and hard to stop from the front.

Diamond114 #15 Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:45 AM

Captain

• 16264 battles
  • [408]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 03 January 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

Hey, Diamond, good to see you weigh in. Do you rate the full family? I have the Jumbo in tier 6 but not the "Easy 8". I struggled a bit with the Fury back when it came out and parked it as soon as I got an Ace in it (my only goal back then) so I didn't think I would play it well. Perhaps I was too hasty on that. 

Yes. Again, as you say in one of the other threads that what tanks you like is quite subjective, but I personally like the Sherman family as a whole. I could swear by all Tech Tree Sherman families (there's the premium M4 that I haven't played) that they would give me a relatively good time. With the BT-7 art. and the Cromwell B and the Edelweiss I'm beginning to re-appreciate mobility in tanks, but for me the Sherman family just felt comfortable for my playstyle.

- M4 at Tier V is pretty good all-rounder once you have the 76mm. Maybe not so much against higher tiers with the 75mm. 105mm can also be usable at this tier although not rec'd by me.

- Jumbo is a cross between the T29 and the M4 family. Thick turret armor with a slightly better version of the 76mm. Slightly slower but not super slow. Just don't go to the T29 from here without Free XP for the 90mm. Derp is not very usable at this point.

- Easy 8; another great all-rounder, slower mobility than the Cromie but gets to mount VStab before any other medium (I think Jumbo also gets VStab, correct me if I'm wrong). Decent when used alone but more fun when platooned.

- Fury is basically Easy 8 with slightly less speed but slightly better hull traverse. Can still compete against the Cromwell and the sort if you know how to deal with fast tanks in a slower tank.

The beauty of the M4 family is that it's not bad at anything. No major weakness as far as performance goes. I'm starting to find the same about the Pershing btw. Of course, there is also the downside; it doesn't have any particular feature to abuse except the turret mantlet that can sometimes be bouncy. Cromie has speed and mobility, T-34/85 has more alpha, VK 30.02M has better pen and accuracy, VK 30.01D is basically Cromie and VK 30.02M offspring. I can't comment yet on Cheeto.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

The_Gaffer #16 Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostDiamond114, on 07 January 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yes. Again, as you say in one of the other threads that what tanks you like is quite subjective, but I personally like the Sherman family as a whole. I could swear by all Tech Tree Sherman families (there's the premium M4 that I haven't played) that they would give me a relatively good time. With the BT-7 art. and the Cromwell B and the Edelweiss I'm beginning to re-appreciate mobility in tanks, but for me the Sherman family just felt comfortable for my playstyle.

- M4 at Tier V is pretty good all-rounder once you have the 76mm. Maybe not so much against higher tiers with the 75mm. 105mm can also be usable at this tier although not rec'd by me.

- Jumbo is a cross between the T29 and the M4 family. Thick turret armor with a slightly better version of the 76mm. Slightly slower but not super slow. Just don't go to the T29 from here without Free XP for the 90mm. Derp is not very usable at this point.

- Easy 8; another great all-rounder, slower mobility than the Cromie but gets to mount VStab before any other medium (I think Jumbo also gets VStab, correct me if I'm wrong). Decent when used alone but more fun when platooned.

- Fury is basically Easy 8 with slightly less speed but slightly better hull traverse. Can still compete against the Cromwell and the sort if you know how to deal with fast tanks in a slower tank.

The beauty of the M4 family is that it's not bad at anything. No major weakness as far as performance goes. I'm starting to find the same about the Pershing btw. Of course, there is also the downside; it doesn't have any particular feature to abuse except the turret mantlet that can sometimes be bouncy. Cromie has speed and mobility, T-34/85 has more alpha, VK 30.02M has better pen and accuracy, VK 30.01D is basically Cromie and VK 30.02M offspring. I can't comment yet on Cheeto.

Thank you so much for such a detailed answer! You're a top bloke! 

I want to learn to play the Cromwell B. I did alright in the tech-tree Cromwell but my first few battles in the Cromwell B were lousy. I will have to just get stuck in and commit, playing it until it starts to work for me. 

Oh, yeah, you're dead right - the Jumbo can equip the Vertical Stabiliser. 

Edited by Gandalf_Stormcrow, 07 January 2017 - 09:46 AM.

Diamond114 #17 Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• 16264 battles
  • [408]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 07 January 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

Thank you so much for such a detailed answer! You're a top bloke! 

I want to learn to play the Cromwell B. I did alright in the tech-tree Cromwell but my first few battles in the Cromwell B were lousy. I will have to just get stuck in and commit, playing it until it starts to work for me. 

Oh, yeah, you're dead right - the Jumbo can equip the Vertical Stabiliser. 

Those answers were because I had played the Sherman family rather extensively. There's no better knowledge than the knowledge and experience that you scooped up playing the tanks yourself.

As to Bromie, I like the fact that it has insane crazy ROF (Fury isn't quite far behind btw), and decent mobility. Sure, armor is a bit meh, but I compensated by avoiding getting shot at at the start of the match. Use the mobility and ROF to flank and do some serious damage. How did you usually play Cromie btw?

The_Gaffer #18 Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostDiamond114, on 07 January 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Those answers were because I had played the Sherman family rather extensively. There's no better knowledge than the knowledge and experience that you scooped up playing the tanks yourself.

As to Bromie, I like the fact that it has insane crazy ROF (Fury isn't quite far behind btw), and decent mobility. Sure, armor is a bit meh, but I compensated by avoiding getting shot at at the start of the match. Use the mobility and ROF to flank and do some serious damage. How did you usually play Cromie btw?

If memory serves, I treated it like I had no armour (I didn't) and popped out for opportunistic shots, relocating all the time, until the enemy numbers thinned and I knew who was left and where they were and I could drive around with impunity. Something like that anyway, probably a lot more clumsy than I make it sound. I ended up with a 60-something% win-rate and parked it to try other tanks. I think the mistake I made was to play the Cromwell B a little too much like it has some armour, the effect of playing too many mediums that can bounce a few. 

Diamond114 #19 Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

Captain

• 16264 battles
  • [408]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 07 January 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

If memory serves, I treated it like I had no armour (I didn't) and popped out for opportunistic shots, relocating all the time, until the enemy numbers thinned and I knew who was left and where they were and I could drive around with impunity. Something like that anyway, probably a lot more clumsy than I make it sound. I ended up with a 60-something% win-rate and parked it to try other tanks. I think the mistake I made was to play the Cromwell B a little too much like it has some armour, the effect of playing too many mediums that can bounce a few. 

Yeah, might be a good idea to go back to your original playstyle with the vanilla Cromie. I sucked with Cromies and Hellcats because I treated them like you did your Bromie. Might be a good idea to go back to those vehicles one of these days now that I've sorta re-learned fast tanks' gameplay.

The_Gaffer #20 Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:37 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostDiamond114, on 08 January 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Yeah, might be a good idea to go back to your original playstyle with the vanilla Cromie. I sucked with Cromies and Hellcats because I treated them like you did your Bromie. Might be a good idea to go back to those vehicles one of these days now that I've sorta re-learned fast tanks' gameplay.

I will definitely try it. Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users