Passive scouting spots

Light tank Scout Spotting Passive

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Maxpie #1 Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

Private

• 1212 battles
I know that to be a good passive scout for your team you need to find a nifty spot  where you can spot lots of enemies while not getting spotted yourself, but I'm really clueless as to where those locations are. Any suggestions?

The_Gaffer #2 Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]
There are several "popular" spots but there are always risks. Better advice than specific spots, I think, is that, if you are in a scout, no matter where you go, once you spot the enemy, move, roll back and relocate, duck and dive, so you don't get spotted yourself. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

sweaty_shaft #3 Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• 44623 battles

there are no perfect passive scouting spots. or rather you should be active scout instead of passive. i find active scouting will risk less if you do it right.

because there are not that many bushes in Blitz Maps and the Bushes doesn't have that magic cloaking ability of that of WoT PC, i can often easily guess where the scout is hiding and slams him till he dies if he doesn't move

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 & 2019 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Hyousetsu_Ouka #4 Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

Captain

• 35829 battles
  • [ACT-1]
Near the middle spot but not quite. Camo net and binoc and also optics.prepare to get spotted by 210m if you fire

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

JK_STONE #5 Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:00 AM

Captain

• 13425 battles
  • [SH4FT]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 05 November 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

there are no perfect passive scouting spots. or rather you should be active scout instead of passive. i find active scouting will risk less if you do it right.

because there are not that many bushes in Blitz Maps and the Bushes doesn't have that magic cloaking ability of that of WoT PC, i can often easily guess where the scout is hiding and slams him till he dies if he doesn't move

haha... i love taking blind shots into the popular bushes where TD likes to setup!  

I always make an effort to not setup behind the bushes anymore, esp in TD.

Bush is now infamous for telling OPFOR, 'SHOOT ME, I'm the TD camping here'!!!

Good luck on the battlefield!

sweaty_shaft #6 Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

Captain

• 44623 battles

View PostJK_STONE, on 07 November 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

haha... i love taking blind shots into the popular bushes where TD likes to setup!  

I always make an effort to not setup behind the bushes anymore, esp in TD.

Bush is now infamous for telling OPFOR, 'SHOOT ME, I'm the TD camping here'!!!

I now actually position myself in ultra strange positions using bushes and trees. once in my Waffle Pz IV i shot a IS-7 behind a tree that has not been knocked down using a hill and the amazing gun elevation of the waffle so my waffle is basically behind the concealment in a form of tree . not spotted at 210m and enemy never knew where i shot him from. 

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 & 2019 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

ScruffyNoob #7 Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:35 AM

Corporal

• 204 battles
From my limited experience many think the far back corners are the way to go so when I roll forward in my T-14  I get spotted by a toaster and massacred.
"On Friday we flex, it's kind of a big deal."

Also tagged with Light tank, Scout, Spotting, Passive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users