Noobs not the worst...

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

iNugget #21 Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16567 battles

View Postgeronimonimo, on 07 January 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

If there's that... I've seen some pseudo-good players. I met that one guy playing his T-44 and claimed that the whole team sucked because we weren't worthy of his 70% WR... he played about 5000 games of which at least 3000 were in the BT-2... rofl :facepalm:

HAHA, showoff's nowadays

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." -- Mark Zuckerberg

So I should YOLO right? :trollface:

pphatngo #22 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

Corporal

• 12460 battles
  • [FLS]
Hey just quit..please. guys like u destroy my WR everyday.

Neb10k #23 Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 43492 battles
  • [HAVOC]
I destroy my own every second day

Creighton_Abrams #24 Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 14197 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
I've tried my hand at this game for a few months now from scratch. (I've never been good at Computer Games, though initially enjoyed this one, until the rants about my WinRate etc, and online abusive chats made the game somewhat less attractive).. Sure. I made the initial mistake of going forward too far before being ready, though perhaps that was encouraged by the poor design of the game advancement process.  However as times have changed, its now nearly impossible for me to go backwards and improve my WR (the figure what a lot of people here, are preoccupied upon), as the damage has already been done, and higher level Tiers tend to favor going back to lower Tiers to Credit milk (particularly at certain times in the night),

Most of the online Videos are now outdated, as subsequent changes to Tanks have made a lot of those portrayed gameplays irrelevant.  Angling, etc.. bah humbug - Been there, seen it, done it.... and still got shot from behind :-o (there's always another dimension to the gameplay that at first is seen from the front). Sure, it helps, but it's not the sole solution.

That said, what really matters is whether you find yourself within a team made up of players who have had gameplay experience.  A lot of wins, arise when players work together.  Sure,  some folks wish to make a call to go "L" when infact it makes more sense to go "R" - this does throw a Spanner into the works admittedly, though if the whole team followed through then it may, sometimes work.

I'd like to see a color coding of users according to their WR weighted by Games played within the team (WR alone is a useless figure, infact WR is not actually a good indicator towards your own Gameplay either, since it\s more of a "luck" rating, unless you kill 7 each game).

This game, unless the Matchmaking process is fixed, will eventually find itself running out of players, since New players will find themselves being "Seal-Clubbed" to extinction, so they will presumably. as I feel at present, think its not worth flogging a dead donkey any further, and move on.

erwin10001 #25 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16194 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 25 April 2017 - 08:18 PM, said

Most of the online Videos are now outdated, as subsequent changes to Tanks have made a lot of those portrayed gameplays irrelevant.  Angling, etc.. bah humbug - Been there, seen it, done it.... and still got shot from behind :-o (there's always another dimension to the gameplay that at first is seen from the front). Sure, it helps, but it's not the sole solution.

I learnt a lot from various gameplay videos. I attribute some of my Ace Masteries to watching videos as they showed me how to play the tank properly. One concrete example was the first time I played a turreted TD line - M8A1 and Wolverine. After watching videos, I began to understand how to play them properly - they are not medium tanks and they are not the same as Derpy Marder/Hetzer - in fact, my Ace Mastery in Wolverine was simply duplicating Bushka's play using a Jackson in the same map.

Mr_Noob7 #26 Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Sergeant

• 7755 battles
  • [AUC]

View PostTheSkorpion, on 03 November 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Sadly that honour goes to players with high battle count (10k + ) and low 50% WR.

These guys are the most offensive players out there, whether playing low or higher tier.

They are always the ones abusing everyone and telling you to play some other games, delete the game or calling me a wallet warrior in my Lówe.

So what I bought a Lówe and I'm no expert in it, let's not forget these guys have multiple crew skills and experience which new players have to and are mostly trying to aquire.

I'm not going to stop playing either the game or my Lòwe.

To all you other new players who stumble across this forum/thread don't let these sad little basement dwelling trolls spoil your game. Ignore them and carry on tanking :)

I happened to come across several such S.O.B. lately. They messaged me in my game inbox and calling names, and, being a professional net-flamer in real life, I just f*ck them back like no tomorrow.

Funny, all of them are quiet after several rounds of blasting. You're right, these people are pathetic.

Hula, Hula, Hulaaaaa !

RainbowSword #27 Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

Sergeant

• 10329 battles
  • [HKAF]

View Postanthonylei01, on 03 November 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

i am just stating the facts... You barely carried our own weight in tier 7/8. Meaning by the time u reach tier 9/10. Your WR will drop to around 50% mark. Tier 9/10 tanks will achieve a sub 50% WR.

Fun fact, most new players prefer German tanks. 

Omg the fun fact is so real! I loved German tanks when i first joined in 2015 but now I'm kinda more skilled and I love the British meds instead because of the gun depression and hesh ammo factors:great:

Stats Really Do Not Matters!

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams

camnut #28 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Private

• 3749 battles

View PostTheSkorpion, on 03 November 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

Thanks, I do enjoy the game and I am trying to learn especially where to go on the different maps.

I just feel no matter how good or bad you are unless you are intentionally not trying then you don't deserve or need verbal abuse, it achieves nothing.

Yes I do stupid stuff and I actually berate myself for that.

Appreciate the input :)

I understand mate. I'm sick of the personal abuse directed at me and my family. It seems they have a hard on for people who brought premium tanks.I got a couple. But I gone back working my way up with Japanese tanks. Apart from the abuse I love the game  

camnut #29 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

Private

• 3749 battles

View PostMr_Noob7, on 10 May 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

I happened to come across several such S.O.B. lately. They messaged me in my game inbox and calling names, and, being a professional net-flamer in real life, I just f*ck them back like no tomorrow.

Funny, all of them are quiet after several rounds of blasting. You're right, these people are pathetic.

Yeah me too, even had one [edited] on the same team even obstructing me by ramming etc

camnut #30 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Private

• 3749 battles

View PostTheSkorpion, on 03 November 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Sadly that honour goes to players with high battle count (10k + ) and low 50% WR.

These guys are the most offensive players out there, whether playing low or higher tier.

They are always the ones abusing everyone and telling you to play some other games, delete the game or calling me a wallet warrior in my Lówe.

So what I bought a Lówe and I'm no expert in it, let's not forget these guys have multiple crew skills and experience which new players have to and are mostly trying to aquire.

I'm not going to stop playing either the game or my Lòwe.

To all you other new players who stumble across this forum/thread don't let these sad little basement dwelling trolls spoil your game. Ignore them and carry on tanking :)

thanks for the encouragement mate, i am in the same  boat. yep i'm going to carry on bugger them

GreenFace #31 Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

Sergeant

• 2694 battles
  • [MOMFU]

To me, the most needed skill that ANY game players should polish more than any skills is: The skill to ignore :D .

You were playing Blitz using your own money, time, and device. You don't owe anything to anyone. So, play what you wanted, however you wanna play. And you'll realize, one of the most fun things ever happened is to upset short-fused people without us paying too much attention to them lol :D

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

Diamond114 #32 Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:48 AM

Captain

• 14184 battles
  • [408]

View PostGreenFace, on 16 June 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

To me, the most needed skill that ANY game players should polish more than any skills is: The skill to ignore :D .

You were playing Blitz using your own money, time, and device. You don't owe anything to anyone. So, play what you wanted, however you wanna play. And you'll realize, one of the most fun things ever happened is to upset short-fused people without us paying too much attention to them lol :D

Agree 100%. Sometimes you just have use your guts and to not give a darn to what people say. Especially important when someone start spamming in global chat after they`re KO`d while you`re fighting with another guy like hell.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN

Adapt and overcome, there's no such thing as a bad tank, only bad drivers, bad teams, and bad luck

GreenFace #33 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:32 AM

Sergeant

• 2694 battles
  • [MOMFU]

The only time I've ever reply the insult:

*You're playing like a Noob!!!

#Yup... Because I Am :p

Then block him... Done!! :D

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

Creighton_Abrams #34 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 14197 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Ignore the insult, or ask why, and even ask for advice.

A lot of the time, Players are highly strung, and become offensive because they are so focused upon their Win Rate Stats, etc,
So when you challenge them and ask them for suggestions upon how to improve your game, they say "Uninstall" or .. something alike...

They're just frustrated and don't know how to handle their stress.

​Be the better player, ignore them, and if you feel they were way out of line, print-screen any chat evidence you have, and send to the Support team (it probably wont do any good, but, you will at least see that there may be another person who agrees with you).

Just try to enjoy the game, and when you feel its too stressful... do something else - don't let it get to you.

AssassinArmy #35 Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Private

• 4709 battles
  • [SEAL]

I perfectly agree with that..View PostBengal_Tiger23, on 03 November 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

High Scorpion.

I must agree with your post.

I have wondered for some time, how many new players who are potentially the games future good / very good players of the game, have been scared off this game by the very nature of the coments that are fired at them when new to the game.

These players are the life blood of the future of this game and others like it. Loose them and the game will evntually die.:(

It takes time, patience and many games to get good. The time it takes to improve Stats can be very short or long depending on the persons adaptability. It also depends if you had a bit of a bad start. (like me). Am I a good player? Not yet. But until illness interupted my play 2 months ago, I know I was improving slowly.:great: There are a lot of different tanks/TD's I enjoy from different tech trees and Tiers up to tier 6. (Tier 7 up, I will tackle at some future time. It is harder.Lol and :ohmy:)

The most important thing is to enjoy the game. Enjoy the tanks you are driving. And enjoy the freindships that you will make. :)

Good Luck mate. Chaaarge! :izmena:

BT_23

Kabama04 #36 Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

Sergeant

• 9872 battles
  • [LTEVL]
Whenever I get called a noob, I just say a comeback, for example “Like You” then they shut up. :trollface:

Pro_Decoy #37 Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

Sergeant

• 34585 battles
  • [GRUMP]
Exactly it takes time to learn but if your win rate is below 55% after 3000 games your doing something wrong & if its below 60% after 7000 games time to realise your just a bad player. Thats ok I don't mind, but please don't be on my team lol
               2007632272.png
                      MIGHT BE OUT NUMBERED BUT NEVER OUTGUNNED 

The_Bengal_Tiger #38 Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

Corporal

• 3689 battles
  • [UNITY]

View PostPro_Decoy, on 31 July 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Exactly it takes time to learn but if your win rate is below 55% after 3000 games your doing something wrong & if its below 60% after 7000 games time to realise your just a bad player. Thats ok I don't mind, but please don't be on my team lol

Lol.. My winrate was above 63 in the 3k battles then now I'm stuck at 59.80 at 3.2k battles due to em high tier potatoes. Btw if that happens.. Half of the players in wotblitz would be below 40 wr and others above 60 :3 . But I still don't get how people even get their wr below 50.. Seems impossible to me

abrasol #39 Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

Corporal

• 3057 battles
  • [KIV22]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 26 April 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

I've tried my hand at this game for a few months now from scratch. (I've never been good at Computer Games, though initially enjoyed this one, until the rants about my WinRate etc, and online abusive chats made the game somewhat less attractive).. Sure. I made the initial mistake of going forward too far before being ready, though perhaps that was encouraged by the poor design of the game advancement process.  However as times have changed, its now nearly impossible for me to go backwards and improve my WR (the figure what a lot of people here, are preoccupied upon), as the damage has already been done, and higher level Tiers tend to favor going back to lower Tiers to Credit milk (particularly at certain times in the night),

That said, what really matters is whether you find yourself within a team made up of players who have had gameplay experience.  A lot of wins, arise when players work together.  Sure,  some folks wish to make a call to go "L" when infact it makes more sense to go "R" - this does throw a Spanner into the works admittedly, though if the whole team followed through then it may, sometimes work.

I'd like to see a color coding of users according to their WR weighted by Games played within the team (WR alone is a useless figure, infact WR is not actually a good indicator towards your own Gameplay either, since it\s more of a "luck" rating, unless you kill 7 each game).

This game, unless the Matchmaking process is fixed, will eventually find itself running out of players, since New players will find themselves being "Seal-Clubbed" to extinction, so they will presumably. as I feel at present, think its not worth flogging a dead donkey any further, and move on.

This was written a while back, and it reflects pretty much my experience (and view of how things REALLY work - or do not, in this game at least for the majority)... also having had no, to very little experience in simulation games like this... also running on low win rate since, which I can hardly improve. Some time has past since your statement, and I am wondering if you would still have the same point of view now. TIA.

f1reguy #40 Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

Corporal

• 22068 battles
  • [1914]

....well I'm no better than either party on either side of fence, Wr goes up Wr goes down, it's not easy maintaining a great Wr if you always grind tanks and climb the ladder, all be it I keep a few machines I still primarily play the ones that can't land a shot in front of it, poor view range and as a rule not overly capable...but

when these crappy versions of the tank are beating the teams score it's pretty infuriating, in the UE57 for example, 940 damage one game for a loss in a tier where 500 is acceptable, I'm forever the top of the damage dealt yet consistent loss, but so what I guess. Play more games and lose your way to elite status, things that matter in game can't be Wr, simply because there's some things you can't do, try being 1v6 in a vk28.01, challenge accepted...but to do the maths with dpm, visual ranges and map positions odds are pretty well stacked against me, and I'm sure many many others. I think I had to lose my way through the proto, and the pershing simply because the tank physically couldn't carry hard enough in the positions they found themselves in... and yes I havnt been happy about it, because I'd love to creep my Wr up to 50, it's 49.26 atm, but been grinding the french which has cost me about 0.6. However I'll fix that when I get really motivated...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users