Noobs not the worst...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

TheSkorpion #1 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:11 AM

Corporal

• 115 battles

Sadly that honour goes to players with high battle count (10k + ) and low 50% WR.

These guys are the most offensive players out there, whether playing low or higher tier.

They are always the ones abusing everyone and telling you to play some other games, delete the game or calling me a wallet warrior in my Lówe.

So what I bought a Lówe and I'm no expert in it, let's not forget these guys have multiple crew skills and experience which new players have to and are mostly trying to aquire.

I'm not going to stop playing either the game or my Lòwe.

To all you other new players who stumble across this forum/thread don't let these sad little basement dwelling trolls spoil your game. Ignore them and carry on tanking :)

Out of my mind.....Back in 5 minutes

anthonylei01 #2 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:17 AM

Captain

• 12669 battles
  • [CPVA]
Looks like we have an unskilled player commenting on other equally unskilled players.... Good, more free exp to farm in the game.

TheSkorpion #3 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:19 AM

Corporal

• 115 battles

I was going to respond in the manner that comment deserves however I think I'll just ignore it instead. 

This is the newcomers forum and that's who I am addressing.

Edited by TheSkorpion, 03 November 2016 - 03:33 AM.

anthonylei01 #4 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:33 AM

Captain

• 12669 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostTheSkorpion, on 03 November 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

You won't be earning any easy XP from me but hey keep tugging that e-peen. Especially with your battle count you are looking like exactly who I was talking about.

Go troll somewhere else.

i am just stating the facts... You barely carried our own weight in tier 7/8. Meaning by the time u reach tier 9/10. Your WR will drop to around 50% mark. Tier 9/10 tanks will achieve a sub 50% WR.

Fun fact, most new players prefer German tanks. 

TheSkorpion #5 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:37 AM

Corporal

• 115 battles

Oh well I edited too late so in response... you are not stating facts you are stating your opinion.
My op was not about how good I am or think I am or about how good or bad I might get.
I am talking about experienced players having a little courtesy and respect.

Also at no point did I say my target tier is 9 or 10. It's actually 8 max I have no desire to go beyond that.

should I end up with 50% WR that's fine with me.

Edited by TheSkorpion, 03 November 2016 - 03:40 AM.

TheSkorpion #6 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:42 AM

Corporal

• 115 battles
I was under the misconception that new players all wanted KV-1s or Soviet Meds.

anthonylei01 #7 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:45 AM

Captain

• 12669 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostTheSkorpion, on 03 November 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

Oh well I edited too late so in response... you are not stating facts you are stating your opinion.
My op was not about how good I am or think I am or about how good or bad I might get.
I am talking about experienced players having a little courtesy and respect.

Also at no point did I say my target tier is 9 or 10. It's actually 8 max I have no desire to go beyond that.

should I end up with 50% WR that's fine with me.

sure. Come back after u played a bit more. What I wanted to show u is, and most experienced players will as well, there is a huge skill gap between tier 7 to 10.

M10 and Lowe are decent tanks, but require skills to play them well, and u must be doing it wrong when people called u out. 

U don't have to response me, let's play more and see whether I am right.

P.S. by default, WG put you in decent match making in the first few games. Hope you don't rage sold ur premium.

TheSkorpion #8 Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:58 AM

Corporal

• 115 battles

I can admit that in the battle in question (Vineyards first time) I got caught out of position (In town) and when I tried to relocate I kept getting spotted by opfor with superior view range.
However the verbal abuse was unnecessary and me just rushing into the open would have achieved nothing.
Again you seem to be focusing on my current WR, and to be honest most of my battles have been as low tier which is hardly decent MM.
All I'm suggesting is that in a team based game constantly abusing fellow team mates seems counter productive.

Edited by TheSkorpion, 03 November 2016 - 04:16 AM.

Bengal_Tiger23 #9 Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:20 AM

Sergeant

• 8355 battles

View PostTheSkorpion, on 03 November 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Sadly that honour goes to players with high battle count (10k + ) and low 50% WR.

These guys are the most offensive players out there, whether playing low or higher tier.

They are always the ones abusing everyone and telling you to play some other games, delete the game or calling me a wallet warrior in my Lówe.

So what I bought a Lówe and I'm no expert in it, let's not forget these guys have multiple crew skills and experience which new players have to and are mostly trying to aquire.

I'm not going to stop playing either the game or my Lòwe.

To all you other new players who stumble across this forum/thread don't let these sad little basement dwelling trolls spoil your game. Ignore them and carry on tanking :)

High Scorpion.

I must agree with your post.

I have wondered for some time, how many new players who are potentially the games future good / very good players of the game, have been scared off this game by the very nature of the coments that are fired at them when new to the game.

These players are the life blood of the future of this game and others like it. Loose them and the game will evntually die.:(

It takes time, patience and many games to get good. The time it takes to improve Stats can be very short or long depending on the persons adaptability. It also depends if you had a bit of a bad start. (like me). Am I a good player? Not yet. But until illness interupted my play 2 months ago, I know I was improving slowly.:great: There are a lot of different tanks/TD's I enjoy from different tech trees and Tiers up to tier 6. (Tier 7 up, I will tackle at some future time. It is harder.Lol and :ohmy:)

The most important thing is to enjoy the game. Enjoy the tanks you are driving. And enjoy the freindships that you will make. :)

Good Luck mate. Chaaarge! :izmena:

BT_23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23, 03 November 2016 - 04:36 AM.

"Do not blame God for having created the Tiger,

but thank him for not having given it wings". - Indian proverb.

BigKk177 #10 Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:43 AM

Corporal

• 6656 battles
  • [DOGG]

View PostBengal_Tiger23, on 03 November 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

The most important thing is to enjoy the game. Enjoy the tanks you are driving. And enjoy the freindships that you will make. :)

total agree!

many elite players just care about win a battle or win rate :D

be a skilled or a noob tanker, no problems; just GAME

_iNOOB_ #11 Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21248 battles
  • [-GV-]
See all of you on the battlefield lads :trollface:  I want more Aces :medal::izmena:

TheSkorpion #12 Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:25 AM

Corporal

• 115 battles

View PostBengal_Tiger23, on 03 November 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

High Scorpion.

I must agree with your post.

I have wondered for some time, how many new players who are potentially the games future good / very good players of the game, have been scared off this game by the very nature of the coments that are fired at them when new to the game.

These players are the life blood of the future of this game and others like it. Loose them and the game will evntually die.:(

It takes time, patience and many games to get good. The time it takes to improve Stats can be very short or long depending on the persons adaptability. It also depends if you had a bit of a bad start. (like me). Am I a good player? Not yet. But until illness interupted my play 2 months ago, I know I was improving slowly.:great: There are a lot of different tanks/TD's I enjoy from different tech trees and Tiers up to tier 6. (Tier 7 up, I will tackle at some future time. It is harder.Lol and :ohmy:)

Good Luck mate. Chaaarge! :izmena:

BT_23

Thanks, I do enjoy the game and I am trying to learn especially where to go on the different maps.

I just feel no matter how good or bad you are unless you are intentionally not trying then you don't deserve or need verbal abuse, it achieves nothing.

Yes I do stupid stuff and I actually berate myself for that.

Appreciate the input :)

Gandalf_Stormcrow #13 Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:09 AM

Captain

• 48861 battles
  • [SHIRE]
I looked you up, TheSkorpion. That's an interesting account, but your stats in the tanks look good, even if it is early days. I haven't played my Lowe in an eternity, wrecked it back when I had no clue (now I have a bit of an idea) but I would be happy to roll out in a platoon with you (in any tier/tank). 

Edited by Gandalf_Stormcrow, 17 November 2016 - 07:10 AM.

Neb10k #14 Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41511 battles
  • [HAVOC]

Bengal, you are right. Often the biggest mouths are connected to the biggest fools. They often scream abuse at players who are playing well and the last one standing. They often mistake legitimate techniques for bad play, because they don't understand. E.g proxy spot.

but a few things annoy the exoerienced players.

1. Ignoring team call at start and going alone

2. Camping and not closing distance in heavy or medium - especially if other players are calling you to defend base or similar.

3. Calling bad tactics - if you make a call, you gotta have a plan. 5000 games or more is a good rule.

4. If another player calls left, don't argue unless you are really sure. Similar to above. 5000 games a good rule.

5. Don't afk

6. Don't use bots

please understand, this is just trying to help avoid inflaming team mates. I learnt this the slow way and was not perfect as a beginner and am trying to help.

best of luck.

Marmut_su #15 Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

Corporal

• 18991 battles

View PostNeb10k, on 07 December 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Bengal, you are right. Often the biggest mouths are connected to the biggest fools. They often scream abuse at players who are playing well and the last one standing. They often mistake legitimate techniques for bad play, because they don't understand. E.g proxy spot.

2. Camping and not closing distance in heavy or medium - especially if other players are calling you to defend base or similar.

3. Calling bad tactics - if you make a call, you gotta have a plan. 5000 games or more is a good rule.

4. If another player calls left, don't argue unless you are really sure. Similar to above. 5000 games a good rule.

5. Don't afk

6. Don't use bots

please understand, this is just trying to help avoid inflaming team mates. I learnt this the slow way and was not perfect as a beginner and am trying to help.

best of luck.

Agree with all your points. Note for point no.1: most of times, i do follow team call at start, but sometimes  i don't. Simply because i get bored using same strategy on certain map. :trollface:
"Courage will be appreciated, but only Victory will be remembered"

Sniper_the_fox #16 Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:18 AM

Corporal

• 13710 battles
  • [RTR]

View PostNeb10k, on 07 December 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

5. Don't afk

6. Don't use bots

best of luck.

yes spot on particularly point 1.  Even worse when players do this in a slow tank like a kv1 making in 6 on 5 for the first minute or two, will cost games.

Jahn111 #17 Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

Corporal

• 19177 battles
  • [ASFOW]

on the team call point. This week I have seen many times when the 5th or 6th player down the list makes the call, and goes absolutely 'off' if someone doesn't follow his call, and yet at the top of list is a 'top' tank for that team

Whats the normal procedure. I thought the top tank was the best to make the call. doesn't show who has the best stats or record at that point, but checking after the battle shows some interesting info :)

Jahn111 #18 Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

Corporal

• 19177 battles
  • [ASFOW]

Lol, have to agree with the 'sightseers' and the solo artists, and I often follow to 'help' where I can because a 'team mate' has gone in a different direction, but most times it means we both get wiped out before the rest of team. I see too often where a solo player goes alone and we are one down far tooo quick.

How do you get to see the win rate next to their name

geronimonimo #19 Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 25354 battles
  • [0_0]
If there's that... I've seen some pseudo-good players. I met that one guy playing his T-44 and claimed that the whole team sucked because we weren't worthy of his 70% WR... he played about 5000 games of which at least 3000 were in the BT-2... rofl :facepalm:

Edited by geronimonimo, 06 January 2017 - 04:11 PM.

Neb10k #20 Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 41511 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Yeah, see comments in thread in general discussion about in game ranks. Seeing captain (10k games 55% WR) versus private (100 games 42% WR) would help team decide who to trust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users