STUG III G Underpowered at tier 6 ?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

TheRedFlash #1 Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:53 PM

Corporal

• 7644 battles

I want to discuss a topic that The Stug 3 g is underpowered mostly you see this tank in the hands of  bad players and you win a lot less in this tank at t5 it can be a beast with dependable team but just look at t5 bad teammates where ever you go and so it gets hard ... 

Even if you join a game having good team you find that you are rushed stug 3 g in camo is OP but at t6 t5 you find yolo leopards with high view and you don't have good enough to spot them if you get spotted 1 single hit just 1 can kill u instantaneously how?  Kv2 ap she'll or prem ap 1 shot , kv1s shoots easy engine fire and dead , kv1 shoots 200 alpha 2/5 gone easy it's hard for a stug in any way it's best for a health pool buff to 600 that will allow it to at least hold againsthe 1 shot of any tank , even tier 4 tanks have more hp than it does and even hetzer can overpowered it .

InvisibleShadow #2 Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11063 battles
  • [408]

Stug is pretty OP at tier 5. However, I agree that in tier 6 it may not perform very well with KV1S/KV2 lurking around and tanks with much higher health then you.

But hey, stug has good camo, decent speed, decent front armor, good pen and good DPM, with a reload of 4.9 sec (if equipped with gun rammer). It is also hard to CoD, with a very good traverse speed. With so much advantages, I can't complain about the low health, can I? Guess that's the price to pay with all the other aspects being pretty good.

As for your theory about KV1 beating stug, all I can say is that stug can beat KV1 in a face-to-face confrontation with that awesome reload. While the shells from other tanks keep bouncing off the KV1, the stug shells always pen :)

Also, your comment that "Hetzer can overpower it"...seriously? Stug can beat hetzer any day, so no idea what happened that made you make this conclusion.

Now tier 6. Yes, KV2 can one shot it, but many other tanks can also be 1 shot by KV2, so everyone has to deal with it. KV1S... well, I agree with your engine fire comment. However, Stug is not exactly a frontline tank, so you shouldn't be having this problem too often...unless of course you drive your stug to the frontline to brawl in a tier 6 battle(which is a mistake). In tier 6 battle, I suggest you snipe as the stug is obviously not well equipped to brawl with some tier 6.

So, I agree with your theory that stug is underpowered at tier 6. However, I do not agree with some of your comments (especially the one about hetzer overpowering it).

Meanwhile, are you using the L70 gun on the stug? If no, pls change your gun to the L70. If you only recently got it, pls train crew to 100% and fully equip it before making any conclusions on this tank. Train crew skills too (recommended).

Good luck and battle on :)

Edited by InvisibleShadow, 25 March 2017 - 11:03 AM.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #3 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

Captain

• 25270 battles
  • [ACT-1]
You snipe when at bottom tier from afar. It has excellent camo

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

THE_EXTREME_GAMING #4 Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

Corporal

• 749 battles
Last game I set fire on Stug III G engine in my VK 16.02 Leopard

Repuplic_Thunderstreak #5 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

Sergeant

• 35194 battles
  • [_IR_]
Stug is never underpowered. The APCR has the accuracy and pen to damage tier 7 tanks. Stug has the camo and mobility to get in a bush, sit there for the whole game unspotted and damage enemies with its high velocity, high accuracy gun.
The best player in the Jagdtiger by far.

GoBack2Tier1 #6 Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 8208 battles
  • [KLARA]

Really? The only bad thing about it is its reverse speed. The gun is epic, the module hitpoints is trash (its tier V TD whaddya expect?), its mobile and its stealthy. 

If you are struggling with this tank, I dont think you should be playing it as the next tanks will be the same with less mobility.

Remember, Young One

The StuG is the best turretless TD in tier 5. Exploit its advantages, not its weaknesses. If you cant, maybe you should change your playstyle or move to the T49/Jackson which imo is just as good as the StuG

edit: spelling errors

Edited by LightninWar, 22 March 2017 - 02:15 PM.

Yes I am one of the most toxic players I know of out there

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

erwin10001 #7 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Captain

• 43497 battles
  • [NETS]

View PostLightninWar, on 22 March 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Remember, Young One

The StuG is the best turretless TD in tier 5. Exploit its advantages, not its weaknesses. If you cant, maybe you should change your playstyle or move to the T49/Jackson which imo is just as good as the StuG

edit: spelling errors

When you are in a tier 5 tank fighting tier 6 tanks, you want to be in an SU-85!

StuG is good for driving around, pretending to be a medium tank in t4/t5, but t5/t6, you try to keep your camo on, and do as much damage as possible. SU-85 is very good at that. 

StuG Ace Mastery seems easier to get than SU-85 Ace Mastery, implying there are players out there achieving super high scores with the SU-85. I have got Kolobanov+Ace, Kolobanov+Pools with SU-85 but  not enough to get Ace Mastery. I wonder what I need to do to get Ace Mastery with SU-85, Kolobanov+Raisenial? lol...

Babayega_1 #8 Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 22745 battles
  • [_PWB_]
Nope, its not. Most Tier VI Heavies that kill Stugs are blind so make sure you dont go assaulting like SUs. Use the L70 gun. The derp gun is only good for Hetzer in my opinion. Always bring premium rounds, at least 5 and NEVER reverse when spotted. run forward down a ridge and double back, at least its faster than reversing then exposing your hull to a KV1s, KV2, M6 or SU100.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

Oakmaster #9 Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

Private

• 4235 battles
  • [ULOSE]
The stug III g is one of the worst tier V tank destroyers especially in teir V/VI but it's worth using to get to the Jpanther series. Some of the best snipers for their tier

Th38odyguard #10 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

Corporal

• 9001 battles

View PostOakmaster, on 29 April 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

The stug III g is one of the worst tier V tank destroyers especially in teir V/VI but it's worth using to get to the Jpanther series. Some of the best snipers for their tier

Ok. Ok. The Stug 3 is one of the worst tier V tank destroyers is it? Well i'm just going to throw some stats at you; the stug has the second best DPM for its tier beaten only by the su85, the stug 3 has the best accuracy and aim time beaten only by the flak toaster in accuracy but has far superior aim time, the stug has trollish frontal armor and accelerates incredibly fast and its traverse is best in class giving it excellent maneuverability. It's camo rating also seems to be very good if my experiences with the tank are any indication.

When you combine all these factors you get a piece of machinery that is incredibly powerful, even in a tier 6 game. This tank, in the right hands, is one the most lethal tanks at any range. When i'm driving my stug I can rely on it to be able to out snipe, out brawl and out gun just about every single tier V opponent and even some tier VI opponents as well. To be fair I do drive mine like a 10 meter tall bear stuffed with steroids and in the middle of a  berserker rage, but I hardly think that lessens its effectiveness. 

Although I wouldn't recommend using the L/28 105mm derp gun unless you feel very, very confident in your skill in the tank. Use the L/70 as its the gun that makes the tank stand out. If you ever do get into those close quarters brawls, get as close as you can to the target (if theres only one tank, if theres more than one try to keep your distance) and wiggle so they have a really low chance of penning. The gun mantle can be very trollish and if your really close up they can't hit your week lower plate. 

In short this tank is not a bad machine. The only way I can possible see someone believing its bad is that they don't understand the tank or how to drive it.  

PanzerSoldat_7 #11 Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

Corporal

• 7916 battles
  • [HETZR]
When I got put into a tier 7 match I penned a tiger sides from a 260m distance. 

InvisibleShadow #12 Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11063 battles
  • [408]

View PostOakmaster, on 29 April 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

Read my above msg and u will realise why it's OP

If you say it sucks I think it just means you suck at it

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

__smile___1 #13 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• 17605 battles
And now after the equipment changes? Tank destroyers are even more irrelevant than before. The poor view range means you are spotted well before you see them. Another tank to sell.

Kabama04 #14 Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 20326 battles
  • [FOW]
Ugh Germans and their lower glacis engines...
My Tanks:

__smile___1 #15 Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• 17605 battles
229 view range without equipment... what a joke. Reds spot you well before you spot them. Sell it move on and enjoy life.

limjf04 #16 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11557 battles
  • [ISD]
Ya try to play this tank with +2 MM back then for me it was fine

A cheapsake's garage:

MS-1 (4 aces), Tetrarch, T2 Light, T7 Car, Pz.II J, BT-7 Artillery, Pz.S35 (2 aces), M3 Light, LTP, BT-SV, T-127 (1 ace), Pz.IV D, Hetzer Kame SP, A-32, Pz.IV Anko SP, Pz.III/IV, Crusader (1 ace),  Kuro Mori Mine, VK 28.01, KV-2, AMX 50 100, Tiger II, WT auf Pz.IV, E50,  Jagdtiger (1 ace), E100, Jagdpanzer E100 (1 ace)

Hmm I actually have lots of garage slots

Diamond114 #17 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:45 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View Post__smile___1, on 09 May 2017 - 05:15 AM, said:

And now after the equipment changes? Tank destroyers are even more irrelevant than before. The poor view range means you are spotted well before you see them. Another tank to sell.

Irrelevant in the sense that it can't do everything by itself? Agreed.

Irrelevant as a whole? Uh...nope. In my experience driving TDs ever since I started Blitz, when you started to rely on your own view range you run the risk of running into a lot of trouble anyway. 

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Mr_Noob7 #18 Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

Sergeant

• 20705 battles
  • [BOOM2]

First of all, I don't own a Stug III and I never drive it. My 8 year old younger son who share the account with me does have a Stug III and he 

drove it in several occassions. Bet he hated it and hence this is no longer in my garage.

Anyway, that being said, I often have someone playing it in my team and of course I met many Stug III in the enemy side. So there is no "damn,

i can't make it winning, this tank sucks" bias on me. On the contrary, I am very happy to see them in the red team. I do not have any adverse

feeling on this tank.

Anyway, maybe it is just me, but solely from my past encounter, this tank's survival rate is lower than other low tier TDs and even St. Emil.

(JgPanzer IV is another one with low survival rate). Personally, Stug III never terrifies me. Indeed, we all know well that 2-3 shots can finish

them and they honestly stand no chance. Many of you are good players and hence you can excel. However, most of the folks here are just

like me, a Noob idiot with  no hope to get a winrate higher than 50 or 55% :)

So for fun's sake, maybe the OP should drop grinding this line altogether. You see, again from my past biased experience, JgPanzer IV,

JgTiger and even Ferdinand are "easy targets" to many of your enemies. No point to move on I'd say. :) (Feel free to blast me if you disagree,

hehe.)

Hula, Hula, Hulaaaaa !

Kabama04 #19 Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20326 battles
  • [FOW]
If you hate being CoDed, get a StuG!
My Tanks:

Diamond114 #20 Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:17 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View PostMr_Noob7, on 20 June 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

First of all, I don't own a Stug III and I never drive it. My 8 year old younger son who share the account with me does have a Stug III and he 

drove it in several occassions. Bet he hated it and hence this is no longer in my garage.

Anyway, that being said, I often have someone playing it in my team and of course I met many Stug III in the enemy side. So there is no "damn,

i can't make it winning, this tank sucks" bias on me. On the contrary, I am very happy to see them in the red team. I do not have any adverse

feeling on this tank.

Anyway, maybe it is just me, but solely from my past encounter, this tank's survival rate is lower than other low tier TDs and even St. Emil.

(JgPanzer IV is another one with low survival rate). Personally, Stug III never terrifies me. Indeed, we all know well that 2-3 shots can finish

them and they honestly stand no chance. Many of you are good players and hence you can excel. However, most of the folks here are just

like me, a Noob idiot with  no hope to get a winrate higher than 50 or 55% :)

So for fun's sake, maybe the OP should drop grinding this line altogether. You see, again from my past biased experience, JgPanzer IV,

JgTiger and even Ferdinand are "easy targets" to many of your enemies. No point to move on I'd say. :) (Feel free to blast me if you disagree,

hehe.)

Flatpanzer is actually okay, Ferdi I actually quite liked to play like a heavy assault tank with the 128mm. Sidescraping also worked with Ferdi in my experience, and it handles like a muscle car; pretty mobile once rolling out in a straight line.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users