St. Emil Help

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

star_sword2000 #1 Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:48 AM

Sergeant

• 9659 battles
  • [AUSIE]
I really can't seem to get the hang of the st. emil. its fully stock btw. the gun has ppor alpha, ppor reload, average pen. bad mobility, bad armour. only good part is the gun depression. any tips?

World of Tanks Generals Beta Tester, World of Warships Closed Beta tester, Heliborne Closed Alpha Tester. 

Leader of SH4FT, professor of committee of SHAFT. 

Current lines: German TD(s) (Jagtiger, St. Emil) German Light (ru251) German medium (halted for now) Soviet Heavy (IS3) British Mediums (Halted for now)

2302 #2 Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:11 AM

Corporal

• 17145 battles
  • [OCUPY]
This is one of those tanks that you will really have to camp with. You basically have to snipe and hide. Wait for your team mates to distract the reds and then snipe again. Once you are found out, you are basically dead. Try and get the top gun first. At least it gives you some bite. The engine and tracks upgrades don't help speed it up much.

star_sword2000 #3 Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

Sergeant

• 9659 battles
  • [AUSIE]

i know about the engines and tracks. but the top gun is 55k away, and thus, really bothersome to get. i don't get the chance to snipe and hide because 

1. its slow

2. its big

3. people shoot it even if it was for a glimpse as it is not well armoured

4. HE/HESH

5. the map changes developed by WG. 

Thats why i really need a turret like the borsig.

World of Tanks Generals Beta Tester, World of Warships Closed Beta tester, Heliborne Closed Alpha Tester. 

Current lines: German TD(s) (Jagtiger, St. Emil) German Light (ru251) German medium (halted for now) Soviet Heavy (IS3) British Mediums (Halted for now)

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #4 Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:07 AM

Captain

• 24522 battles
  • [ACT-1]

Camp on hilly grounds. You gun dep will help you boince some shots. 

HE wont do much damage at the front hull with gun mantlet and spare track parts cover the entire front.

I run rammer, net, optic. The gun arc is narrow and you will move around a bit. Better to have optics than waiting for binocs every 3 sec.

make each shot count.

Use a slope or hill to abuse gun dep. it has around -15 or maybe more. At Himmelsdorf, there is a slope at the HT brawl area where HT use as hulldown. Use that and angle a bit. 

AFTER YOU SHOOT, HIDE

St. Emil is op imo

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

Dark_Exile_ #5 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• 29250 battles
  • [UQ]

St. Emil is not OP.

I find the lower glacis is more bouncy than the mantlet for some reason (when I face it- I don't actually have the tank)

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #6 Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

Captain

• 24522 battles
  • [ACT-1]
Upper hlacis is more bouncy.

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

star_sword2000 #7 Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Sergeant

• 9659 battles
  • [AUSIE]
where the armour is bouncy i know already. gun depression is used. but the damn stock gun! it has absurd ROF and alpha. 250 alpha on a 8.6sec reload is horrible. and i understand the equipment, but how do i get to the said places without dying (thats where i am struggling). the engine upgrade does 30 extra hp, which is nothing. i end up in a match most of the time with only 0-300 dmg done. 

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #8 Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

Captain

• 24522 battles
  • [ACT-1]
I find the engine upgrade better. And the stock alpha is around 300. St emil was actually an upgraded version of dicker max or the cheaper version. Ive seen so many failed to derp with HE cause they shot the front hull

BigKk177 #9 Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:50 AM

Corporal

• 13877 battles
  • [DOGG]

i always cry when drive a Ger TD, specially the upper line: tie 5 6 7 i have experience is terrible: too big to hide, weak gun (hp dam) compare to heavy.

and if i camp and hide, try to supporting fire, my team do no scout, they just run into enemy base and dead in 5sec!

tips: hide and hide, and u must a patient one to drive that kind of tank (also have good team - ex the HV go front to wall and the scout find red for u)

Kryptonite_07 #10 Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

Corporal

• 26131 battles
  • [SKUX]

View Poststar_sword2000, on 06 October 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

where the armour is bouncy i know already. gun depression is used. but the damn stock gun! it has absurd ROF and alpha. 250 alpha on a 8.6sec reload is horrible. and i understand the equipment, but how do i get to the said places without dying (thats where i am struggling). the engine upgrade does 30 extra hp, which is nothing. i end up in a match most of the time with only 0-300 dmg done. 

I have completed that line up till WT auf Pz.IV and I must say that Emil was the most gruesome grind of these all. I almost rage sold it before i got to the gun. When you play this tank, try platooning with a Heavy to stay by you or a medium to have you covered. My friend/clanmate would push me up on positions before going on flanks. The top gun works nice once you're maxed, just positioning is key.

xXFighter888Xx #11 Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 32724 battles
  • [OXO]
Just snipe (but with WG flattening the maps its getting harder)

The official "I don't care-er"

mrcg82_T55 #12 Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:50 AM

Sergeant

• 39716 battles
  • [MYTH_]

i think the best grind is engine--> track-->gun..the biggest issue actually crew skill, try max it by gold. once fully train crew and top gun you can recoup back the losing stat on this tank..yesterday after hated this tank so much i drive it again using top gun and surprised how powerful and accuarate it's gun ..manage to rise win rate on this tnak from 30% all to 59%

#edit: P/s: also noted i got total 5 mastery in it even on losing game..it also indicate how low the player using it nowadays..good tank just the stock tank is unbearable to use

Edited by mrcg82_T55, 04 February 2017 - 07:54 AM.

__smile___1 #13 Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

Sergeant

• 17576 battles

I think the title says it all

If you drive the ST. Emil you need help.....

golden_charriot #14 Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

Corporal

• 22553 battles
  • [BMC]
Don't  hang on with Lites and Meds, you have no mobility to get out of bad situations. Avoid open spaces.

Use maps and put your gun depression to us.  Careful when there are derpy guns on the reds (Rhm, ISU, SU152, KV2) and Tanks that can perma track you.

St emil is better suited for Defensive role.   It can effectively slowdown the flanking meds and lites.

Try 5 shot rule,  you have to put 5 shots on reds before you die.

You are a true camper,  platoon doesn't help actually.
Try to be the last one to die.

Edited by Panzer_Jager_SA, 27 February 2017 - 02:43 AM.

__smile___1 #15 Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

Sergeant

• 17576 battles

OMG this thing is rubbish thinking instead of grinding for the top gun just XP past the dam thing, By the time you get into a position to shoot everyone is on the other side of the map... relocate oh the green team is dead... oh well at least you don't need to wait long to be back in the garage.

This thing has nothing, no movement no camo, you have to keep swinging around which drops nets/optics, no armor, yes it has gun depression but that relies on you being able to climb the hill in the first place, the gun is poor and no one stops when they spot you. It is so slow you cant even suicide before you are shot dead

Before you say there is no bad tank... NO this is a bad tank.

__smile___1 #16 Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

Sergeant

• 17576 battles

Nope.. couldn't take it any longer and sold that *$#% piece of *&*$#. Life is too short to have to put up with that rubbish.

Sorry to all the greens who may as well have been playing with an AFK player.

Wargaming I want a refund for the counseling I will now need to seek. 

Panther 2 I am so sorry for all the harsh words I said during your grind.

stormventsrage2 #17 Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26578 battles
You can't camp in it. Even with a camo net active, even when you haven't fired, and even when you are the farthest tank from the enemy, you get spotted before you can see what spotted you and you will be hammered. I have a 30% wr in it. It and the T-21 are the worst tanks in the game. I redline all my games in it and still get hit from the center or even back towards the enemy spawn. No lights needed to ruin your game: you will just die in it because it is a trashcan.

Edited by stormventsrage2, 19 February 2017 - 09:12 AM.

The problem of leisure, what to do for pleasure....

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #18 Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• 24522 battles
  • [ACT-1]
If its a trashcan,  how come I have a decent wr in it? 

Babayega_1 #19 Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22517 battles
  • [_PWB_]
I dont have it yet but Im saving to get one. Would it be remiss if I compare it to the dicker max. I mean paper thin hull and mantle armor but crazy gun depression and good reverse speed (ish). Plus it can bounce shells from the lower glacis because of the slope. Hurts like hell if you get hit by the top gun though.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

golden_charriot #20 Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:09 AM

Corporal

• 22553 battles
  • [BMC]

View PostBabayega_1, on 22 February 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

I dont have it yet but Im saving to get one. Would it be remiss if I compare it to the dicker max. I mean paper thin hull and mantle armor but crazy gun depression and good reverse speed (ish). Plus it can bounce shells from the lower glacis because of the slope. Hurts like hell if you get hit by the top gun though.

It got better gun,  lack of mobility is the problem. With 220+ pen and ability to shoot across the map, the gun is top in class.   you need open spaces.   Don't expose anything but gun when shooting.   Be a ghost.

If you see multiple targets, shoot the one with more mobility.

its same game play as dicker max when shooting , but the mobility sucks.  

Also, at  tier 7, you will see tough tanks like T32, IS3, Defender IS6. Its a bit difficult but okay to play this tank.

P.S   if   you play this tank, Your winrate will godown for a while :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users