1.4 new maps

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Chalks #1 Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15385 battles

So the blurb in game about 1.4 has the stuff about limiting lower tiers to a smaller number of maps. Then it says the higher tiers get 'all 11 maps'...

11 maps? I thought we had 9 including Oasis Palms. I assume that means 2 new ones then.

SpawnIscariot #2 Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33861 battles
  • [STORM]

I'm fairly sure that new map/s were announced as coming with a new patch (though not necessarily 1.4)-think at least one is from WoT PC, if not both.

Edited to add: Malinovka is the one I remember-the fact it's know as Campinovka is getting me nervous. 

:deer::child::bush:

Edited by SpawnIscariot, 03 November 2014 - 11:17 AM.

I Don't Give A Damn About Your Shoes 

I Want Your SOLES! 

http://media.indiati..._1437118329.jpg

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top of the hill, why not you?"

General George S. Patton Jr.-Advice for Mines & Malinovka.

M8Tricks #3 Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

campinovka?

Because everyone just sits there like douchebags?

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

M8Tricks #4 Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles
Overlord said it was going to be  secret apparently... and they did previously say there as going to be more city maps...

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

ravagerxxx #5 Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17742 battles
  • [RL]
more city maps, pretty sure as a package to support that Vk-45-02 B..... cant wait to get my hand on that

if anyone ask, her name is

zero

Dix_Neuf #6 Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10262 battles
Yay, more cities. A chance to bring the Death Star out again.

M8Tricks #7 Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

Anyone played the 1.4 release?

What are the new maps?

M8Tricks #8 Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

I don't see the update...

Did they fck something up?

shaquille12 #9 Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles
Yes they did say 4.00utc +8, not sure what that translates to in Australian time zone

RedAlert212 #10 Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

Corporal

• 12973 battles
not yet. its start 4.00am UTC serverdown time. may be at 12 midday here in asia. im not sure, but i added UTC time at my iphone clock.

M8Tricks #11 Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

4am UTC+8 was what was written in the update notes.

Thats 4am WA time.

It should have been completed 2 hours and 51 minutes ago.

Any update devs?

M8Tricks #12 Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

The server did go down this morning according to some of my team mates, but they didnt update it.

They must have made some kind of serious mistake to delay a patch release like they have...  probably crashed because they tweaked Oasis Palms too much, or the Android mod complicated things.

Screw Android, peeps should just buy Apple and be like us.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Artisto81 #13 Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:17 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles
Nope. No update yet on apple store now

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

destructorCOC #14 Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5970 battles
It's tommorow,get some sleep and get your update

People don't change they only get old,

If I let you back in close,will you hurt me?

M8Tricks #15 Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

Anyone been on the new maos yet?

Screen shits?

CarvinMarvin #16 Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostM8Tricks, on 05 November 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Anyone been on the new maos yet?

Screen shits?

Ive seen where the cap circle was moved on Oasis Palms. A video on YouTube from the NA server with a tier 4 Pz38. Just over to the other side of the river up the hill.

shaquille12 #17 Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles
There no new maps apart from oasis being re added, bummer

Artisto81 #18 Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles
They move the cap at the oasis and block some alleyway with rocks!!

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

M8Tricks #19 Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View PostSpinee, on 09 September 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Had a platoon with Overlord, and he told me some new stuff. Not much, but it's something. I'll be digging the RU Forums later for more stuff:

- The British tanks are confirmed to be the next nation in the game (Me: That sucks, worst nation in the game coming in first)
- British Tanks will come in 1.5
- The crew experience increase to 100% was underestimated initially, the Devs wanted players to get the new tanks first and then 100% crew.
- Crew skills and perks will come in either 1.5 or 1.6
- Development of clans was recently started, and it will definitely come next year. 
- About the clans above, Overlord said that it will come after Battle Missions and Perks.
- Battle Missions will come in 1.4 or 1.5
- 1.3 is initial test for Android
- The ability to get up on to the hills in Copperfield will be fixed in the next patch (Me: That's a shame, loved that spot)
- Grass and possibly animations for all maps will come in 1.3
- The 2 new maps that come in 1.3 will be an Asian Chinese Monastery map and the 2nd will be an American Savanna with an Oil Plant.
- Riverside (Falls Creek) is unbalanced according to Overlord, because too many base captures happen there (Me: Definitely true)
- In version 1.4, a new map from the PC version is coming, the map itself is Secret for now
- Related to above, it won't be Himmelsdorf, as they can't make full city maps yet. The technology isn't advanced enough yet, full city maps will come next year

From RU Forums:

- Pz IIJ won't be sold to the public, it will be given out in a special way (Special promotions, contests etc.)

- Tier 9 and 10 may be changed in some way in 1.4, it is not sure how.

- Pz IV Hydro will come in some way.

Even though this is two months old... its still from Overlord so its interesting.

This new map wasn't released in this update... but it wouldn't be a surprise to find that they included it part of the update, but only put it into rotation in a week or two, halfway to the 1.5 release as a bit of a 'gift'.

Making one of the weekly contests as something to do with that map would be a way to drag out the entertainment for a few more weeks.

We also note that they cant make city maps yet with the current software, which is why the talk about it being Campinovka. Hopefully they fix the camping aspect. 

M8Tricks #20 Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

I also note that the new map isnt so fun for mediums.

And I've only played it a few times, but note that people are really scared of moving and exploring.

I had to lead a charge in my 25AT because every one was milling around near spawn like a school of scared fish... they needed a brave leader to push, problem is, as soon as I did that, the school all moved together. Safety in numbers works, but not when doing that opens up your flanks to a pincer exploit... two heavies in platoon seems to be a way to guide the noob masses to a workable play, make sure you each go a different way, and hopefully you get ignorant masses following you to a win...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users